March 18, 2024, 09:53:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #858 4/20/11 - 6/13/2011  (Read 428150 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2011, 02:50:46 PM »

A couple of Deepak's myspaces
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2011, 02:50:55 PM »

Thanks Kermit

I am still on the fence.  It does not make sense that the financial backers of this defamation lawsuit would have embarked on this journey unless they had been convinced by the NFI findings that the Phil McGraw recording was deceptively manpulated.

Think about it. Those financial backers realize that the truth can be so easily revealed ... the truth the lies within Jamie Skeeters' hard drive.

It appear that rather than defending the integrity of the disputed segments of the Dr. Phil recording ... the defence which is being furthered is that the Kalpoes prior reputation implies they cannot be defamed.

If the lawsuit is not thrown out by the court in a Summary Judgement and ... a trial is where it is at ... the truth that lies within Skeeters' hard drive will be revealed once and for all.

Janet

+++++++

Surinamese brothers sue Dr. Phil for defamation
Daily News Wire
Article Last Updated: 06/13/2008 08:52:49 AM PDT

LOS ANGELES - Two brothers who filed an $800 million defamation suit against Dr. Phil McGraw and CBS over a broadcast concerning the disappearance of Natalee Holloway are already too tarnished to claim libel, according to attorneys for the defendants.

<snipped>

The "Dr. Phil" segment included statements by Deepak Kalpoe that were "significantly manipulated and altered," the suit alleges.

<snipped>

But in court papers filed Wednesday, attorneys for CBS, McGraw and Kay Skeeters -- widow of Jeremy Skeeters, a private investigator hired by McGraw to interview Deepak Kalpoe -- maintain the brothers are "libel-proof."

They say the brothers' reputations were irreparably stained by prior published accounts of the Holloway case, meaning they cannot claim to have been damaged by the "Dr. Phil" broadcast.

<snipped>

http://origin.dailynews.com/breakingnews/ci_9575645

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2011, 03:04:49 PM »

Thanks Kermit

I am still on the fence.  It does not make sense that the financial backers of this defamation lawsuit would have embarked on this journey unless they had been convinced by the NFI findings that the Phil McGraw recording was deceptively manpulated.

Think about it. Those financial backers realize that the truth can be so easily revealed ... the truth the lies within Jamie Skeeters' hard drive.

It appear that rather than defending the integrity of the disputed segments of the Dr. Phil recording ... the defence which is being furthered is that the Kalpoes prior reputation implies they cannot be defamed.

If the lawsuit is not thrown out by the court in a Summary Judgement and ... a trial is where it is at ... the truth that lies within Skeeters' hard drive will be revealed once and for all.

Janet

+++++++

Surinamese brothers sue Dr. Phil for defamation
Daily News Wire
Article Last Updated: 06/13/2008 08:52:49 AM PDT

LOS ANGELES - Two brothers who filed an $800 million defamation suit against Dr. Phil McGraw and CBS over a broadcast concerning the disappearance of Natalee Holloway are already too tarnished to claim libel, according to attorneys for the defendants.

<snipped>

The "Dr. Phil" segment included statements by Deepak Kalpoe that were "significantly manipulated and altered," the suit alleges.

<snipped>

But in court papers filed Wednesday, attorneys for CBS, McGraw and Kay Skeeters -- widow of Jeremy Skeeters, a private investigator hired by McGraw to interview Deepak Kalpoe -- maintain the brothers are "libel-proof."

They say the brothers' reputations were irreparably stained by prior published accounts of the Holloway case, meaning they cannot claim to have been damaged by the "Dr. Phil" broadcast.

<snipped>

http://origin.dailynews.com/breakingnews/ci_9575645

I am confused, what does the area I bolded mean exactly?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2011, 03:05:09 PM »

It is my sincere prayer that the Dr. Phil recording was not deceptively manipulated.  Natalee Holloway's parents are believers that there was admission by Deepak ... an admission that should have been regarded as crucial evidence by the Aruban investigation into the happenings encompassing the morning of May 30, 2005.

Janet

+++++

It's Devastating!

Dr. Phil - January 29, 2006

<snipped>

If somebody presents you with false hope and false information, it's devastating.

<snipped>

http://www.drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/3041/?id=1&slide=3&null=null[/b]

Natalee's Mother

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for Nov. 30th
updated 9:10 a.m. PT, Thurs., Dec. 1, 2005

<snipped>

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY‘S MOTHER: You know, Rita, when they use the word “manipulated,” they really need to use the word “edited.” And the tape that they‘re saying was manipulated was the one that was shown on Dr. Phil, it was edited. It was edited for television. You can‘t get a 20-second or a 6-second sound bite out of two-and-a-half hours. And you know, yes, Deepak did respond to Jamie‘s question that they all had sex with her. And he even (INAUDIBLE) You‘d be surprised how simple it was that night.

RITA COSBY, HOST:  So there was nothing taken out of context, as they‘re even suggesting?

HOLLOWAY TWITTY: No, not that I could see, Rita. But you know, I know that Jamie Skeeters will have to give the information on the tapes, but I do stand by him and his validity on the tapes, Rita

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10281941/

Natalee's Father

<snipped>

DAVE HOLLOWAY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY‘S FATHER: I listened to all of it this afternoon.

RITA COSBY, HOST:  Was anything doctored, anything manipulated? What I mean is, anything taken out of context?

HOLLOWAY: No, I don‘t believe so. I think what Dr. Phil‘s show did
was edited the tape. From what I can understand, you know, this tape has -
the air-conditioner came on about the time Deepak walked in the room, so you‘ve got a lot of snow in there. But essentially, from what I understand, he said—there was kind of a stutter after Jamie asked the question, and that stuttering part I believe was taken out of the tape. And then he said, No, we did. You‘d be surprised how easy it was that night.

COSBY: Do you believe, based on everything you‘ve heard...

HOLLOWAY: I think what the Aruban...

COSBY: Do you believe he‘s saying that they did have sex with her? Is that what you believe?

HOLLOWAY: Oh, yes. Absolutely. You can‘t have a negative and then turn around and then support it with a positive. I mean, they‘ve got to put the whole sentence together for it to make sense. If they said, No, we didn‘t, and then turn around and said, You wouldn‘t believe how simple it was, that just—that just doesn‘t make sense.

<snipped>

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2011, 03:18:22 PM »

Hi Bearlyhere

The foundation of this huge defamation lawsuit appears to be whether or not the Dr. Phil recording was deceptively manipulated.  It makes sense to me that the financial backers must have received confirmation that a manipulation did occur prior to filing this huge lawsuit.  These financial backers realize the truth will be revealed ... the truth which can be extracted from Jamie's hard drive.

Janet

++++++

NFI Findings?

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for December 1
updated 7:37 a.m. PT, Fri., Dec. 2, 2005

ARLENE ELLIS SCHIPPER, ARUBAN STRATEGIC COMM. TASK FORCE: Well, it's not what I think, it is what the Dutch forensic institute thinks and what we have also requested the FBI to confirm, which confirmation we haven't received yet. However, the NFI had four investigators separately look at these tapes, and they say that the Dr. Phil show tapes were edited for content in the following order. Just before the word “she,” there was a cut. And just after the word “did,” there was a cut. And then they compared it to the CD-ROM that Mr. Skeeters sent the officials, and you have seen that piece, and it says, “No, she didn't.” And he shakes his head while doing—while saying that.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10295536

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2011, 04:56:05 PM »

Hi Bearlyhere

The foundation of this huge defamation lawsuit appears to be whether or not the Dr. Phil recording was deceptively manipulated.  It makes sense to me that the financial backers must have received confirmation that a manipulation did occur prior to filing this huge lawsuit.  These financial backers realize the truth will be revealed ... the truth which can be extracted from Jamie's hard drive.

Janet

++++++

NFI Findings?

ARLENE ELLIS SCHIPPER, ARUBAN STRATEGIC COMM. TASK FORCE: Well, it's not what I think, it is what the Dutch forensic institute thinks and what we have also requested the FBI to confirm, which confirmation we haven't received yet. However, the NFI had four investigators separately look at these tapes, and they say that the Dr. Phil show tapes were edited for content in the following order. Just before the word “she,” there was a cut. And just after the word “did,” there was a cut. And then they compared it to the CD-ROM that Mr. Skeeters sent the officials, and you have seen that piece, and it says, “No, she didn't.” And he shakes his head while doing—while saying that.

I disagree.  The financial backers thought it would be a "slam dunk" and that rather than fight, the Dr. Phil team would settle quickly out of court.  NOT GOING TO HAPPEN EVER. 

The only thing I have seen from the NFI is that the tape was edited (which is to be expected) to fit into the time frames of the show.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2011, 05:27:12 PM »

Hi Bearlyhere

Janet

++++++

NFI Findings?

I disagree.  The financial backers thought it would be a "slam dunk" and that rather than fight, the Dr. Phil team would settle quickly out of court.  NOT GOING TO HAPPEN EVER. 

The only thing I have seen from the NFI is that the tape was edited (which is to be expected) to fit into the time frames of the show.

and...even that was word of mouth.  I have never seen an NFI document.
sandy leiva
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2011, 06:10:20 PM »

If I understand this correctly, the lady tourist says the ring was stolen from the hotel room, they called the police.  The police took the report, but aren't so sure it was stolen.

Of course nothing like that could EVER happen on One Happy Island

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/30743-renchi-di-38-mil-dollar-a-perde-na-tamarijn-hotel.html

Papiamentu translation:

ring of 38 thousand dollar owing to lose at tamarijn hotel

saturday, 23 april 2011 00:09

diabierna night presencia of police owing to wordo ask at tamarijn hotel for one caso of ladronicia. owing to come across cu turistanan cu wanted owing to haci denuncia of they pertenencianan in camber. police owing to atende cu the turistanan. according version of the lady tourist, past owing to arrive in camber y achieve miss of one ring balora at 38 thousand dollar. police did take the complaint of the tourist. polisnan is place very atencion on type of denuncianan so. have tourist is throw stop so for so cobra they seguro while cu they not owing to lose they pertenencianan genuinely.

Last line says the police believe the tourist claiming it was stolen but are not convinced and believe the tourist just wants to claim the insurance that was on the ring which was insured for 38thousand dollars.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2011, 06:41:30 PM »

Senor Frogs - 3rd Anniversary - April 22, 2011

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2011, 06:41:37 PM »

It has been well over four years since the court gave the Kalpoes' attorney a FIVE DAY deadline to comply with the request to turn over case documents and ... still the lawsuit has not been thrown out.  WHY?

I contend that the ongoing defamation lawsuit has something to do with the fact that the Kalpoes ... despite the SUSPICIONS that could be revealed in case document ... have been deemed by Aruba no longer suspects in the Natalee Holloway case.  In other words ... at this point in time they are considered legally innocent under Dutch Law ... innocent of all wrongdoing against the person of Natalee Holloway.

I contend that the ongoing defamation lawsuit has something to do with the Kalpoes' attorneys remaining steadfast in their position that the Dr. Phil recording was deceptively manipulated and ... therefore defamed Deepak and Satish who are legally innocent under Dutch law.

Could it that the Kalpoes' attorneys have convinced the court that the disputed segments of the Dr. Phil recording should stand alone for judgement.  In other words ... have the Kalpoes' attorneys convinced the court that no incriminating case documents should be admissible now that Deepak and Satish are deemed innocent under Dutch law.

I just cannot ignore the fact that the Kalpoes attorneys did not pull out from this lawsuit four years ago when it was realized that a quick settlement was not to be.  I just cannot ignor the fact that the case was not dismissed by the court when compliance did not happen time and time again in regards to the ongoing request for case documents.

Anyways ... the outcome will be what the outcome will be.  If the case is dismissed between now and the trial or ... the Kalpoes lose big time in a court of law ... Tamikosmom will be rejoicing while she eats an entire Humple Pie.

Have a nice Easter all!

flower

Janet

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2011, 07:47:43 PM »

It is my sincere prayer that the Dr. Phil recording was not deceptively manipulated.  Natalee Holloway's parents are believers that there was admission by Deepak ... an admission that should have been regarded as crucial evidence by the Aruban investigation into the happenings encompassing the morning of May 30, 2005.

Janet

+++++

It's Devastating!

<snipped>

If somebody presents you with false hope and false information, it's devastating.

<snipped>

http://www.drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/3041/?id=1&slide=3&null=null[/b]

Natalee's Mother

<snipped>

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY‘S MOTHER: You know, Rita, when they use the word “manipulated,” they really need to use the word “edited.” And the tape that they‘re saying was manipulated was the one that was shown on Dr. Phil, it was edited. It was edited for television. You can‘t get a 20-second or a 6-second sound bite out of two-and-a-half hours. And you know, yes, Deepak did respond to Jamie‘s question that they all had sex with her. And he even (INAUDIBLE) You‘d be surprised how simple it was that night.

RITA COSBY, HOST:  So there was nothing taken out of context, as they‘re even suggesting?

HOLLOWAY TWITTY: No, not that I could see, Rita. But you know, I know that Jamie Skeeters will have to give the information on the tapes, but I do stand by him and his validity on the tapes, Rita

<snipped>

Natalee's Father

<snipped>

DAVE HOLLOWAY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY‘S FATHER: I listened to all of it this afternoon.

RITA COSBY, HOST:  Was anything doctored, anything manipulated? What I mean is, anything taken out of context?

the air-conditioner came on about the time Deepak walked in the room, so you‘ve got a lot of snow in there. But essentially, from what I understand, he said—there was kind of a stutter after Jamie asked the question, and that stuttering part I believe was taken out of the tape. And then he said, No, we did. You‘d be surprised how easy it was that night.

COSBY: Do you believe he‘s saying that they did have sex with her? Is that what you believe?

HOLLOWAY: Oh, yes. Absolutely. You can‘t have a negative and then turn around and then support it with a positive. I mean, they‘ve got to put the whole sentence together for it to make sense. If they said, No, we didn‘t, and then turn around and said, You wouldn‘t believe how simple it was, that just—that just doesn‘t make sense.

<snipped>

Do you ever even read the quotes that you post? 

Did you read these before you used them right after proclaiming that you're "on the fence" about this subject?

I do realize that we're not to post entire articles but the extent to which you've snipped the first quote and the context in which you've used it is very offensive to me.  To use Beth's words in the context of her (and/or Dave) even possibly being provided "false hope and false information" by Jamie Skeeters and/or Dr. Phil's group regarding the recordings and what Jamie Skeeters KNEW for a fact he heard with his own ears is unacceptable imo; and you should be ashamed of yourself.  But I'm sure you're not!

This is the original quote by Beth on Dr. Phil's show, and I think I've posted enough for the complete CONTEXT of her statement to be understood...I can't imagine why someone who supposedly supports her would EVER even consider using it otherwise!

http://www.drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/3041/?id=3041&slide=2&showID=&preview=&versionID=

"There are times when we're thinking that we need to continue, and of course we're still searching for answers, but it's this rollercoaster ride. And it makes me so angry, Dr. Phil, when I let myself fall for information coming out of an official who represents the island of Aruba. If somebody presents you with false hope and false information, it's devastating."

If you want to trust and believe Arlene Ellis Schipper over Beth and Dave enough to be "on the fence" about this subject, that's your choice. 

It speaks volumes IMO.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2011, 08:10:17 PM »

Janet

+++++

It's Devastating!

<snipped>

<snipped>

http://www.drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/3041/?id=1&slide=3&null=null
[/b]

Natalee's Mother

<snipped>

<snipped>

Natalee's Father

<snipped>

<snipped>

Considering the defamation lawsuit has gone on for so long without being dismissed by the court ... I suspect that maybe ... just maybe for the sake of ratings ... Phil McGraw and ... ONLY Phil McGraw may have had been involved in the manipulation of the recording given him by Jamie Skeeters.  I could be wrong.

However ... if my suspicions are revealed as valid ... I would consider this deception a betrayal to Natalee Holloway's parents who have been on a six year quest for the truth.

Janet

+++++

It's Devastating!

<snipped>

"There are times when we're thinking that we need to continue, and of course we're still searching for answers, but it's this rollercoaster ride. And it makes me so angry, Dr. Phil, when I let myself fall for information coming out of an official who represents the island of Aruba. If somebody presents you with false hope and false information, it's devastating."

<snipped>

http://www.drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/3041/?id=1&slide=3&null=null

SUPERIOR COURT OF CALIFORNIA, COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES

Page 14:
  To the extent that the Dr. Phil Show Defendants can be shown to have been negligent or reckless in the way they edited the show and thus potentially liable, there is no competent showing the Defendant Skeeter was so involved.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/kalpoedrphil050609awm.pdf

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2011, 08:26:45 PM »

An investigation of the Skeeters' hard drive which is in the possession of the FBI will reveal the truth in regards to editing or manipulation once and for all.

Janet

++++++

THE HARD DRIVE

Tale of the Tape Thursday
December 01, 2005

<snipped>

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN:  Dr. Phil and his staff stand by the tape they aired and claim Deepak admitted — and not denied — to having sex with Natalee. A representative for the "Dr. Phil" show specifically said that the show 1) Did not manipulate the Deepak tape in any way; 2) Did not alter what Deepak said in any way and 3) That they would give us [today] the tape they worked from so that we could inspect it to verify what they were claiming …

The representative also said the show stands by its position that Deepak said on tape, "You would be surprised how simple it was...." The implication of that quote is that Deepak had sex with Natalee.

We are also curious what the FBI has to say about the content of this interview. I was told by Jamie Skeeters on the phone the other night that he originally "taped" this interview directly to his computer hard drive and that he gave the hard drive to the FBI. Of course this hard drive — the "original" — is what will tell us exactly what was said or not said  — provided it can be adequately enhanced and analyzed. We don't have access to that hard drive so even after evaluating all the tapes and CD's given us, there could still remain in my mind some question.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,177286,00.html

_____

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2011, 10:51:46 PM »

I, fortunately, have the NFI letter.. as back up - which you shall all see when the time is right.

As I have shown all docs, letters, and correspondence... I have that letter addressed to Jamie from the NFI.

And that letter exonerates Jamie.

As I have the letter, so do the Paramount attorneys. Which I am quite sure is ready for entry into evidence should it be needed.

Happy Easter All.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2011, 11:00:22 PM »

I, fortunately, have the NFI letter.. as back up - which you shall all see when the time is right.

As I have shown all docs, letters, and correspondence... I have that letter addressed to Jamie from the NFI.

As I have the letter, so do the Paramount attorneys. Which I am quite sure is ready for entry into evidence should it be needed.

Happy Easter All.

Thanks Rob, I remembered something to that affect and I'm glad you have saved that copy of the NFI letter.  Good to see you!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2011, 11:44:55 PM »

Happy Easter All.

Thank you Rob! It's always great to see you.  I hope you have a Happy Easter too.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2011, 12:28:34 AM »

It is always good to see Rob, especially when he is bringing good news!

I miss him.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2011, 12:30:11 AM »

Happy Easter All.

Good Stuff. If Dr. Phil's attorneys are up to draining more money out of Assruba, I'm all for it. I'd like the Judge to rule in favor of Dr. Phil in the summary judgement, but would much rather see those two Leprechauns get GRILLED by Dr. Phil's attornys. You think they'd use the info that many great monkey's have acquired over time? I do...

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2011, 12:40:09 AM »

How ironic would it be if a leprechaun was on the stand, and they introduced into evidence, material from Scared Monkeys while a Pak or Tish was on the stand. I would frame the picture of their reaction. No S**t. Seriously, I would. Right above my monitor...

::justice2NJ::

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2011, 01:30:52 AM »

Justice for Natalee,

and Stephany!
 ::justice2NJ::

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.