March 19, 2024, 03:23:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #858 4/20/11 - 6/13/2011  (Read 428189 times)
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #800 on: May 31, 2011, 07:35:38 PM »

I just heard about Maximum Highness quitting as Joran's attorney on the local news.

I figured that Anita didn't come through with the next installment on his fee.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #801 on: May 31, 2011, 07:37:27 PM »

WHAT DOES ARUBA EXPORT?

URINE

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #802 on: May 31, 2011, 07:58:33 PM »

Latest in the Kalpoe vs. Dr. Phil case:

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #803 on: May 31, 2011, 08:28:07 PM »

Joe Tacopina must be so proud of himself.

Woman who said cops raped her left shattered by jury's verdict

By BRAD HAMILTON
Last Updated: 7:46 PM, May 31, 2011

The fashion exec who accused two NYPD cops of raping her said today their stunning acquittal last week has left her heartbroken and shattered.

The alleged victim in the sensational trial spoke out for the first time about her reaction to a jury finding police officers Kenneth Moreno and Franklin Mata of the top rape counts.

Here is her statement:

::snipping2::

While on the witness stand, the defense attorneys seek to shame and humiliate you for hours, even days, with deeply personal questions about your body, your intimate life and your social life simply because you dare to come forward. How saddening, how utterly disheartening.

Kenneth Moreno's lawyer, Joseph Tacopina, released this statement in response:

"Although the accuser cites 'public opinion' as the 'ultimate verdict,' we are a nation of laws; not mob justice. It was the jury, and not the "public," that heard all of the testimony in this case, including that of the accuser, and rendered a verdict consistent with the evidence and the law. That verdict should be respected."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/woman_who_said_cop_raped_her_left_D62dTdHJ66PYssNxy96DBJ#ixzz1Nymkg0wf

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #804 on: May 31, 2011, 08:29:01 PM »

That rape victim showed more class than Joe Tacopina will ever have.  Her response was beautifully written.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 08:37:01 PM by San » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #805 on: May 31, 2011, 08:44:45 PM »

DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW TONIGHT AT 9PM ET - TONIGHT'S SHOW IS ALL ABOUT THE CASEY ANTHONY TRIAL:

Click on the link below to listen:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 08:48:21 PM by klaasend » Logged
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #806 on: May 31, 2011, 10:02:01 PM »

Hope this is not a set back for the Flores family and a Public Defender can be appointed to attend the June 8th hearing.   Joran must be gloating.

Article from yesterday.   Really makes me wonder about the timing of the attorney quitting.

http://www.nu.nl/binnenland/2527556/verdediging-traineert-zaak-joran.html

Google translation:

"Defense is delaying case Joran

Published:   May 30 2011 6:20

Last edited:   May 30 2011 6:20

AMSTERDAM - The defense in Peru of murder suspect Joran van der Sloot try to block the procedure. So says the lawyer for the family of the deceased 21-year-old Stephany Flores, Edward Alvarez.

The Flores family terribly annoyed at the "attitude" Van der Sloot, said the lawyer.
Monday is exactly one year ago that the Peruvian was killed in a hotel in Lima. "The Flores family will never overcome the loss of their daughter haven.''They are now in therapy, let Alvarez know.

The lawyer has a hard head in a successful outcome of the process: "In Peru, the law slow and corrupt."
That the process one year later has not been launched by Alvarez is because the defense is turning this way and pinches the delaying tactics. So ignore van der Sloot's lawyer Máximo Altez the statements confessing to the police gave the Dutchman says Alvarez.

Premature
Altez said last week that Van der Sloot possible the progress of his trial in freedom can wait. As the Peruvian law provides for this option, if within a half years no matter. "This is premature," said Alvarez. It is expected that the matter within two months to start.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #807 on: May 31, 2011, 10:04:38 PM »

Latest in the Kalpoe vs. Dr. Phil case:

Thank you Klaas, and anonymous monkey that purchased the documents!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #808 on: June 01, 2011, 12:12:39 AM »

http://www.24ora.com/gallery.html?func=detail&id=41223

Happy Hour @ Hyatt 27may'11

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #809 on: June 01, 2011, 12:21:22 AM »

Justice for Natalee,

and Stephany!
 ::justice2NJ::

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #810 on: June 01, 2011, 12:23:03 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/05/31/per.van.der.sloot/

Van der Sloot lawyer quits over defense strategy
From Mayra Cuevas, In Session
May 31, 2011 3:18 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- Joran van der Sloot's lawyer has quit defending him against murder allegations in Peru, citing unspecified differences over strategy.

Peruvian authorities have yet to file formal charges against van der Sloot, who is expected to appear in court for a preliminary hearing on June 8. Once the discovery phase of the case ends, prosecutors will file charges and a trial date will be set.

Altez has been defending van der Sloot on a pro bono basis and said he expects a public defender will be assigned to the case. He said the lack of payment did not play a role in his decision to quit.

"I thought this case would be a good opportunity to show the world that in Peru detainees are abused, and the Peruvian justice system is very informal," he said. And he said he will continue to represent van der Sloot in a related habeas corpus case claiming human rights violations during his arrest -- a case that would be thrown out if Altez withdrew from that case too.

Altez threatened to quit the case once before after complaining of receiving threats by phone, e-mail and Facebook.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #811 on: June 01, 2011, 01:20:14 AM »

URINE HAS ALREADY USED ALL OF HIS LIFELINES

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #812 on: June 01, 2011, 01:23:33 PM »

I laughed too SuzieQ!   

Me too

KARMA Smile

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #813 on: June 01, 2011, 03:56:04 PM »

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/06/joran-van-der-sloot-lawyer-maximo-altez-navarro-split-with-accused-murderer-money

Joran Van Der Sloot's Ex-Lawyer: I'm Still Friendly With Accused Killer
Posted on Jun 01, 2011 @ 03:30AM   
By Cliff Renfrew
Radar Staff Reporter

Joran van der Sloot is out shopping for a new attorney now that the accused murderer and his Peruvian lawyer Maximo Altez Navarro have parted ways.

PHOTOS: Joran Van Der Sloot In Custody

But in an exclusive interview with RadarOnline.com, Navarro says: "We parted amicably and it wasn't over money."

"Joran and I remain friends and I think he still has a chance at any trial," Navarro says. "We had a difference of opinion over our strategies. The last time I saw him he was doing well and in spite of everything, his spirits were good."

Navarro confirmed that he had filed papers to be removed from the case Tuesday, and that he had a face-to-face meeting with van der Sloot inside the notorious Castro Castro Prison in Peru before the decision went public.

"I wish Joran good luck because he has had a lot of press attention during this case which has been tough at times," Navarro adds.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #814 on: June 01, 2011, 04:12:03 PM »

Domain Name state.nj.us ? (U.S.)
IP Address 199.20.71.# (State of New Jersey Department of Treasury/)
ISP State of New Jersey Department of Treasury/
Location Continent : North America
State : New Jersey
City : Trenton
Lat/Long : 40.2001, -74.6967 (Map)
Language English (U.S.)
en-us
Operating System Microsoft WinXP
Browser Internet Explorer 7.0
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648)
Javascript version 1.3
Monitor Resolution : 1024 x 768
Color Depth : 32 bits
Time of Visit Apr 9 2009 12:03:35 pm
Last Page View Apr 9 2009 12:03:35 pm
Visit Length 0 seconds
Page Views 1
Referring URL http://www.google.co...GLD:en&start=10&sa=N
Search Engine google.com
Search Words what did deepak kalpoe know about natalee
Visit Entry Page http://nataleesfreeb...against-natalee.html
Visit Exit Page http://nataleesfreeb...against-natalee.html
Out Click
Time Zone UTC-5:00
Visitor's Time Apr 9 2009 2:03:35 pm
Visit Number 15,011

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: June 01, 2011, 04:26:58 PM »

Domain Name state.nj.us ? (U.S.)
IP Address 199.20.71.# (State of New Jersey Department of Treasury/)
ISP State of New Jersey Department of Treasury/
Location Continent : North America
State : New Jersey
City : Trenton
Lat/Long : 40.2001, -74.6967 (Map)
Language English (U.S.)
en-us
Operating System Microsoft WinXP
Browser Internet Explorer 7.0
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648)
Javascript version 1.3
Monitor Resolution : 1024 x 768
Color Depth : 32 bits
Time of Visit Apr 9 2009 12:03:35 pm
Last Page View Apr 9 2009 12:03:35 pm
Visit Length 0 seconds
Page Views 1
Referring URL http://www.google.co...GLD:en&start=10&sa=N
Search Engine google.com
Search Words what did deepak kalpoe know about natalee
Visit Entry Page http://nataleesfreeb...against-natalee.html
Visit Exit Page http://nataleesfreeb...against-natalee.html
Out Click
Time Zone UTC-5:00
Visitor's Time Apr 9 2009 2:03:35 pm
Visit Number 15,011

WOW, very interesting!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #816 on: June 01, 2011, 05:57:16 PM »

I wonder how fast Baez can get to Peru after the Anthony trial? 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #817 on: June 01, 2011, 09:56:41 PM »

http://elcomercio.pe/lima/766340/noticia-van-der-sloot-se-quedo-sin-abogado-diferencias-estrategia

Google translation:

Van der Sloot was left without counsel by "strategic differences"

The defense of the family of Stephanie Flores said the resignation of Max Altez not delay the process or the beginning of the trial

Tuesday May 31, 2011 - 10:24 a.m.

(Photo: File El Comercio)
MARTINEZ ORTIZ SEBASTIAN @ Shebas07
Online Writing

The new evidence presented by the defense of the family of Stephanie Flores Ramirez , who practically disrupt the hypothesis that Joran Van der Sloot killed her because the student at the University of Lima found information on the Holloway case , have been the turning point between Dutch and his lawyer Max Altez.

According to the survey conducted by the Division of Advanced Technology (Divindat) of the National Police to the laptop of a professional poker player, queries made ​​in the machine on Natalee Holloway occurred between 1:25 pm and 6:45 pm on before the crime.

Added to this is the conversation via MSN to Joran and his friend argued Pluijmen Stan, in which the confessed murderer of Flores Ramirez tells the May 28, 2010, two days before the murder, he had no money rather than eat and I was desperate. Thus, the thesis that crime Altez on by violent emotion he would have fallen.

ADVISED OF THE COURT
This morning-after phone conversation with Van der Sloot, held at the Castro Castro prison Altez approached the headquarters of the Fourth Criminal Court for Inmates in Jail in downtown Lima, where it was reported that no counsel for Dutch.

Speaking to elcomercio.pe , said his resignation was because of "differences of opinion" with Joran in reference "strategy" that would assume when you start the trial in about two months. "I have a way of seeing things, he has another way and we have taken so healthy, that he find another lawyer," he added.

He clarified that the lawyer who arrived a week ago the United States, the Peruvian Aldo Cotroneo, continue with the defense of Van der Sloot, but only in relation to the Holloway case on the professional poker player accused of extortion.

CAN NOT delay the process
For its part, the defense of the family of Stephanie Flores Ramírez, Edwar Alvarez, told this website 's resignation Altez not in any way imply that the case against the Dutch go to dilate, it may choose someone else to sponsor otherwise the Peruvian justice system will give a public defender.

It is recalled that the Fourth Criminal Court in Jail Inmates scheduled for a meeting June 8 between the Dutch and the victim's father, Ricardo Flores, in the courtroom of Castro Castro prison in order to identify objects were owned by his daughter and was in the hands of his murderer at the time of his arrest in Chile.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #818 on: June 02, 2011, 12:02:12 AM »

Not sure if this was a recent arrest in this 2008 case or not...

http://www.diario.aw/2011/06/caso-%E2%80%9Cyellow-man%E2%80%9D-keto-bay-bao-di-investigacion/

caso “yellow man” keto bay bao of investigacion

publication: wednesday, 1 june 2011.

categoria: general

oranjestad (aan): three year happen at month of april, for being exact 13 of april 2008 in oranan of nightfall on the day encuestion some person owing to come descubri one curpa of one being human carboniza vader piet in cercania of tunnel or love. autoridad owing to confisca the curpa for patologo haci autopsia for determina sit owing to deal of one curpa of man or muher. owing to resulta cu is deal of one curpa of man y after past owing to worde identifica cu he giovanni felix adamus naci at aruba day 7 of janiuari 1967 y the is mihor conoci because; “yellowman.”

the investigadornan as cu owing to succeed achieve dato’s investigador owing to start for achieve kico y that they will is meti of the asesinato of yellowman. atraves of time several person owing to worde interoga y also deteni but apparently not was proof sufficient that more is meti of owing to comete one asesinato hororoso.

more cu three year after personal of grens politie cu owing to haye informe of one man sospechoso cu will is worde busca for give cuenta relaciona cu the caso of yellowman owing to come detene at aeropuerto he sospechoso oscar m. baranles velasquez of 30 year.

till at the mementonan here keto bay the is deteni all the time his detencion owing to worde prolonga realciona cu the investigacionan keto bay andando. much owing to believe cu the caso of “yellowman” will can is one “coldcase”, but they're kibuca autoridad have atencion of several caso more, end vez is come algo more acerca y this is bay in file y so is follow compila informenan.

equal is the caso of asesinato of the conocido productor y presentador “un day in bida” poentje castro cu keto bay is bao of investigacion. have enough trabao of investigacion cu recherchenan owing to haci y keto bay is haciendo. the caso here have of worde soluciona never the can stay or become one coltcase.

“poentje” have very much amigo conocirnan cu bao of hand have to have sikeira owing to listen, owing to hear, or know of unque another. is impossible y increhibel cu one person as “poentje” cu is actuate bao of much of his conocirnan if acaso the will was have problem if or not will have to one or more person cu owing to count ; confia in kico the will can is pasando.

is wait for cu the caso of “poentje” look at luz of day muy provided that particular for his family y his good amigonan. the tip of gold is important for cual is sugeri for calling despacho of recherche for capitulo of “poentje castro”.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=188.msg374155#msg374155

http://www.24ora.com/index2.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4523&pop=1&page=0&Itemid=5

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #819 on: June 02, 2011, 12:07:22 AM »

http://www.diario.aw/2011/06/atracador-deteni-pa-atraco-team/

Papiamentu translation:

atracador deteni for atraco team

publication: wednesday, 1 june 2011.

categoria: general

oranjestad(aan): he anderson rasmijn naci at aruba of 25 year is one sospechoso in one caso of atraco. past owing to comete this on one madam big. the caso here owing to sosode at pos diminutive some week happen. seems cu owing to ofrece the madam one lift y in the proceso here owing to atrake. the victima owing to notifica police y so atraco team also owing to cay inside. the dianan here polisnan, recherche y atraco team have hand complete cu casonan. several detencion owing to cay y this is one of they.

in car was have more person y anderson rasmijn is one of the sospechosonan principal. at sta cruz where the is bibando past owing to stay deteni. now the have to bay give splicacion on the atraco cometi contra the madam big of edad some week behind. some poco but assure the atracadornan is cay close.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.