March 28, 2024, 06:13:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #858 4/20/11 - 6/13/2011  (Read 428504 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #660 on: May 23, 2011, 06:47:22 PM »

Clock is ticking on van der Sloot murder case
May 23, 2011
Published: 3:19 pm
Updated: 3:24 pm

Birmingham, Ala (WIAT)  After almost a year in a Peruvian prison, the clock is ticking in the murder case of Joran van der Sloot. His lawyer says Peruvian law requires a trial within eighteen months...and he'll petition for van der Sloot's release if he isn't tried by then.

“The law says a trial should begin within 18 months,” said the lawyer. “If that doesn’t happen the accused should be released. That is not the same as an acquittal.''

According to the Dutch press agency ANP, attorney Max Altez says he'll submit a request for van der Sloot to await trial as a free man.

<snipped>

Charges from the Office of Public Prosecution are expected in the next few weeks. Van der Sloot's defense indicates he'll plead guilty if charged with manslaughter but would plead innocent if charged with murder. Murder carries a 35 year sentence. The formal sentence for manslaughter is 20 years but it's frequently reduced.

Van der Sloot is still appealing alleged irregularities in his interrogation including the absence of an official translator.

The Dutchman also faces an indictment for wire fraud and extortion delivered by a federal grand jury here in Birmingham. It's unclear how hard U.S. authorities are pushing for extradition as long as van der Sloot is in prison in Peru.

Altez denies rumors in the Peruvian media that his client wants to be extradited to the United States. He does not know whether or not the Dutchman will take advantage of new agreements to allow Dutch prisoners to finish their sentences in their home country.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Clock-is-ticking-on-van-der-Sloot-murder-case/Uhx9xV5JjE6uz3aY61RPww.cspx

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #661 on: May 23, 2011, 07:02:59 PM »

Lawyer to request release of Joran van der Sloot
Published on 23 May 2011 - 9:28pm

If the trial of Dutchman Joran van der Sloot in Peru has not begun within six months, his lawyer Máximo Altez will submit a request for his client to await trial outside prison according to the Dutch press agency ANP.

Joran Van der Sloot was arrested almost a year ago on suspicion of the murder of Peruvian woman Stephany Flores on 30 May 2010.

“The law says a trial should begin within 18 months,” said the lawyer. “If that doesn’t happen the accused should be released. That is not the same as an acquittal.''

Mr Altez expects the Public Prosecution Office to charge Van der Sloot within a month with either first degree murder (premeditated murder) or manslaughter.

If he is charged with manslaughter, Joran van der Sloot will plead guilty. In Peru, murder carries a 35 year maximum sentence. Manslaughter carries 20 years, but his lawyer believes with good behaviour his client could be released after just five or six years.

In case he is charged with murder, the defence is contesting police interrogations of the Dutchman. No official translator was present and Joran van der Sloot was not allowed to phone anyone which is against the rules. These objections have already been rejected, but the defence has filed an appeal. If the defence wins the appeal, it means Joran van der Sloot’s confession is no longer admissible.

<snipped>

http://www.rnw.nl/africa/bulletin/lawyer-request-release-joran-van-der-sloot

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #662 on: May 23, 2011, 07:13:16 PM »

A Midnight Express Prison

Natalee Holloway's Mom: Aruba Investigators 'Not Following Up on Any Leads'
Wednesday, November 19, 2008

<snipped>

BETH HOLLOWAY: And Greta, I was just wanting to say that, you know, like I said, it's been a long time, but it's never too late for justice. And I'd be good with a "Midnight Express" prison anywhere for Joran.

<snipped

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,454527,00.html

_____

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #663 on: May 23, 2011, 08:34:48 PM »

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/lawyer-may-request-release-joran-van-der-sloot

If the trial of Dutchman Joran van der Sloot in Peru has not begun within six months, his lawyer Máximo Altez will submit a request for his client to await trial outside prison according to the Dutch press agency ANP.

Joran Van der Sloot was arrested almost a year ago on suspicion of the murder of Peruvian woman Stephany Flores on 30 May 2010.

Mr Altez expects the Public Prosecution Office to charge Van der Sloot within a month with either first degree murder (premeditated murder) or manslaughter.

If he is charged with manslaughter, Joran van der Sloot will plead guilty. In Peru, murder carries a 35 year maximum sentence. Manslaughter carries 20 years, but his lawyer believes with good behaviour his client could be released after just five or six years

::snipping2::

Mr Altez is also involved in defending his client against accusations in the US that he tried to blackmail Natalee Holloway’s family in exchange for information on where the body was hidden. The teenager disappeared on the Caribbean island of Aruba exactly five years to the day before the murder of Stephany Flores. It's assumed she is dead but her body was never found. Joran van der Sloot is still the prime suspect although police do not have sufficient evidence to prosecute him. His lawyer claims it is the family who put his client under pressure to reveal the whereabouts of Natalee Holloway’s body and offered five million dollars for information.

::snipping2::

2 4 1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #664 on: May 23, 2011, 08:45:04 PM »

Seems very apparent to me Joran Van Der Sloot would definitely be a flight risk.  (Among other things...) JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #665 on: May 23, 2011, 11:04:52 PM »

O/T

I just finished watching the Amy Bradley story on Vanished.  It was very well done.  Sad, but done well.  Nice job, Beth!!!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #666 on: May 24, 2011, 01:58:47 AM »

O/T

I just finished watching the Amy Bradley story on Vanished.  It was very well done.  Sad, but done well.  Nice job, Beth!!!

I'd recorded it and just finished watching, I agree.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #667 on: May 24, 2011, 03:40:45 AM »

Justice for Natalee,

and Stephany!
 ::justice2NJ::

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #668 on: May 24, 2011, 07:41:15 PM »

DON'T MISS - THE DANA PRETZER SHOW AT 9PM ET TONIGHT!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #669 on: May 24, 2011, 11:19:12 PM »

Wow, it just hit home that we are on the verge of 6 years without resolution. As heartbreaking as Caylee's plight is -- at least the case has a finite end in sight. God bless all of Natalee's family and EVERY Monkey here who has strived to find justice for her.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #670 on: May 24, 2011, 11:25:11 PM »

Wow, it just hit home that we are on the verge of 6 years without resolution. As heartbreaking as Caylee's plight is -- at least the case has a finite end in sight. God bless all of Natalee's family and EVERY Monkey here who has strived to find justice for her.

an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #671 on: May 25, 2011, 12:23:34 AM »

an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #672 on: May 25, 2011, 12:30:15 AM »

I'm right there with ya Wreck. Through all of the ups and downs it is better to lift those up who seek justice for Natalee and Stephany. We are a group of people seeking the same thing..Still here, always will be, and will create even more change and justice outside of the matrix..God Bless..

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #673 on: May 25, 2011, 12:47:32 AM »

http://trome.pe/actualidad/761513/noticia-van-der-sloot-se-declararia-culplable

Google translation:

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #674 on: May 25, 2011, 01:13:54 AM »

http://www.myspace.com/91798013

Aldo Cotrina

Aldo-Favio Cotrina

About me:
I am a Peruvian Criminal Defendant Attorney with a big goal, single with two kids Aldinho (25 years old) and Jean Pierre (21 years old); College degree and owner of a prestigious "Professional Services Firm" in the area of Queens, New York.

Who I'd like to meet:
Ladies with big goals, funnies and able to do my life very ease.

Here for: Friends

Hometown: Westfield/NJ

Orientation: Straight

Body type: 5' 6" / Athletic

Ethnicity: Latino / Hispanic

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn

Children: Proud parent

Smoke / Drink: No / No

Education: Post grad

Interests
General
Sports, movies, theaters, travels

Music
The best of the 70's, beside; Mozart, Chapin or Beethoven.

Movies
Yes, actions and funnies movies.

Television
Comics shows.

Books
Business books and Steven K.

Heroes
My son Aldo F. Cotrina (U.S.M) veteran of Afghanistan and Iraq. My son Jean Pierre, good and nice kid, very inteligent.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: May 25, 2011, 01:30:10 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8UhssNkt4

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dD8UhssNkt4?version=3" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/dD8UhssNkt4?version=3</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #676 on: May 25, 2011, 04:05:13 AM »

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: May 25, 2011, 08:21:49 AM »

I'm right there with ya Wreck. Through all of the ups and downs it is better to lift those up who seek justice for Natalee and Stephany. We are a group of people seeking the same thing..Still here, always will be, and will create even more change and justice outside of the matrix..God Bless..

Hi KTF 

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #678 on: May 25, 2011, 01:19:29 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8UhssNkt4

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dD8UhssNkt4?version=3" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/dD8UhssNkt4?version=3</a>

In other words, he is a notary public and tax preparer!

2 4 1
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: May 25, 2011, 03:00:37 PM »

I knew it!

I don't know where the sum of five million dollars came from but ... I had a hinky feeling that Joran van der Sloot's defence was going to claim "enticement" in regards to the allegation of extortion.

I hope that Joran van der Sloot spends the next 30 years in a Peruvian lockup for the murder of Stephany Flores prior to being extradited to the States to face the extortion charge.

Janet

+++++

Lawyer to request release of Joran van der Sloot
Published on 23 May 2011 - 9:28pm

<snipped>

Mr Altez is also involved in defending his client against accusations in the US that he tried to blackmail Natalee Holloway’s family in exchange for information on where the body was hidden.

<snipped>

His lawyer claims it is the family who put his client under pressure to reveal the whereabouts of Natalee Holloway’s body and offered five million dollars for information
<snipped>

http://www.rnw.nl/africa/bulletin/lawyer-request-release-joran-van-der-sloot

Holloway attorney details van der Sloot sting
John Q. Kelly set up suspect, who said he would show Holloway’s remains
By Mike Celizic
TODAYshow.com contributor
updated 6/11/2010 12:58:39 PM ET

<snipped>

In March, van der Sloot reached out to Kelly, demanding $250,000 from Holloway’s mother, Beth Holloway Twitty, in exchange for leading Kelly to the teenager’s remains, Kelly told TODAY.

Kelly said that when van der Sloot contacted him, he did not think he was going to learn the truth. His feelings, he said, were, “skepticism, caution, assuming everything he was going to tell me was false — but I had to understandably think that it might be true, also; so approach it very carefully and keep communicating.”

Kelly agreed to meet van der Sloot alone and brought no money — angering the suspect. Kelly then called the FBI to set up a sting, telling TODAY it only took $100 to convince van der Sloot to start talking with him again.

<snipped>

He regained van der Sloot’s attention by sending him $100. Then, with a promise that he would bring $25,000, another meeting was set up for May 10 in Aruba

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37635627

Van der Sloot "true story" book
Published: 10/17/2010 11:39 am
Updated: 10/17/2010 11:51 am

<snipped>

The book, due out October 19, was co-written by Bert Huisjes and John van den Heuvel, the reporter who recently interviewed van der Sloot in his Castro Castro prison cell in Lima, Peru. That interview which appeared in De Telegraaf as well as on Dutch television contained little about the Natalee Holloway case beyond van der Sloot's admission that he scammed Natalee's family out of $25,000.

"I wanted to get back at Natalee's family - her parents have been making my life tough for five years," the paper quoted him as saying from prison in Peru.  "When they offered to pay for the girl's location, I thought: 'Why not'?"

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-true-story-book/zMY1TGGVkU2Kc8LMCiU6pA.cspx

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.