March 28, 2024, 07:59:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #858 4/20/11 - 6/13/2011  (Read 428568 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #700 on: May 26, 2011, 11:58:41 PM »

Justice for Natalee,

and Stephany!
 ::justice2NJ::

::justice2NJ::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #701 on: May 27, 2011, 09:57:19 AM »

NATALEE HOLLOWAY RESOURCE CENTER

NHRC Mission

The NHRC focuses educational programs, including a traveling safe program, crime prevention and encourages careers in the fields of forensic science and law enforcement.

The NHRC also provides families of missing persons with an action plan, missing poster templates, contacts, resources, and handles press releases and media reach

http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

Shelley Jones Mook

National center helps search for missing Shelbyville teacher
May 27, 2011

The family of a missing Shelbyville, Tenn., teacher is getting some help in the search for its loved one.

The case of Shelley Jones Mook, 25, was referred to the Natalee Holloway Resource Center this week, according to a news release from the agency.

Mook was last seen on Feb. 28 at her ex-husband’s house in Shelbyville. Her car was found burning on the outskirts of Murfreesboro later that evening.

The Natalee Holloway Resource Center provides families of missing people with an action plan, missing person poster templates, contacts and resources, and it handles news releases and media reach after a loved one has gone missing.

<snipped>

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110527/NEWS/305270045/National-center-helps-search-for-missing-Shelbyville-teacher

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #702 on: May 27, 2011, 10:54:37 AM »

[MAY 27, 2010

Natalee Holloway missing persons center set to open in D.C. in June

The 2005 disappearance of high school graduate Natalee Holloway in Aruba during a senior class trip set off a media frenzy that resulted in several books, a Lifetime network movie and hours and hours of coverage. But years have passed and there is still no word on what happened to Holloway.

Her mother, Beth Holloway, who has worked tirelessly to keep attention on her daughter's disappearance, will be in Washington in June to announce the opening of the Natalee Holloway Resource Center, a new nonprofit to assist families searching for missing relatives.

The center will be based at the National Museum of Crime & Punishment on Seventh Street NW near Chinatown and the Verizon Center. The museum features Holloway's disappearance in its "Cold Case" exhibit.

The nonprofit plans to serve as a crisis clearinghouse for families of missing persons in the United States and abroad, according to a statement from the museum. The nonprofit plans to give family members a plan, contact information, a media liaison and other services. It also will offer guidelines for children and adults to travel safely, including creating a national network of college volunteers who will promote the group's safe travel program to high school and college students.

<snipped>

“In creating this organization, we hope to prevent as many missing person cases as possible." Holloway said in a statement. "But if tragedy does strike and a person goes missing, we want to provide the families support and reduce the numerous challenges that I experienced, and hopefully lead to the rescue and recovery of many more missing persons across the globe.”

By Theola Labbé-DeBose  |  May 27, 2010; 11:01 AM ET

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/around-the-nation/natalee-holloway-missing-perso.html

"Tragedy creates an opportunity to make a difference."

Beth Holloway - May, 2010

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #703 on: May 27, 2011, 08:40:50 PM »

Hi, I saw something in the Enquirer, or was it the Globe, about Joran hiding Natalee's body in a cemetary in someone's grave... Is there any news on this... is this being investigated?

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #704 on: May 27, 2011, 08:52:52 PM »

Hi, I saw something in the Enquirer, or was it the Globe, about Joran hiding Natalee's body in a cemetary in someone's grave... Is there any news on this... is this being investigated?

Hi Katz - that was last month it was in the NE.  I posted here.  As far as I know nothing has been done about it.  You wouldn't expect Aruba to do anything now would you?

KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #705 on: May 27, 2011, 09:25:14 PM »

Hi Klass! {{{hugs}}} Thanks for answering me... A whole month ago... and nothing done... No, I really don't expect Aruba to do anything... Hummm The Enquirer... It seems to me that they really do have good inside information... worth following up on... and I was thinking of how it could be done... yeah, they wouldn't know which grave... but it should be on record who was buried at around that time... a lead fairly easy to follow up on... I prayed so much for peace and strength for Natalee's family... it seems that they have found it... Natalee is in Heaven... and I so pray that her family is given everything that they need and God's help in all that they do.

Have a beautiful and blessed Memorial Weekend.

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: May 27, 2011, 09:40:57 PM »

Hi Klass! {{{hugs}}} Thanks for answering me... A whole month ago... and nothing done... No, I really don't expect Aruba to do anything... Hummm The Enquirer... It seems to me that they really do have good inside information... worth following up on... and I was thinking of how it could be done... yeah, they wouldn't know which grave... but it should be on record who was buried at around that time... a lead fairly easy to follow up on... I prayed so much for peace and strength for Natalee's family... it seems that they have found it... Natalee is in Heaven... and I so pray that her family is given everything that they need and God's help in all that they do.

Have a beautiful and blessed Memorial Weekend.

When I posted it in the forum last month it was mentioned by more than one person that would be the perfect place.  I know we all looked into it at the time.  Would be hard to search there.

Edited to add that right about the same time that article came out Betico Croes grave was vandalized.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 09:42:41 PM by klaasend » Logged
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #707 on: May 27, 2011, 10:58:57 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8038:arubaans-nieuws-online-en-in-het-engels&catid=159:headline-artikelen-entertainment&Itemid=219

Google translation:

Aruban news online and in English

Thursday, 26 May 2011 3:55 p.m.

ORANGE CITY - The English Aruba Herald news site is officially launched tomorrow. Owner Mark Benson Denz looking forward to this new chapter in its success, although somewhat anticipated as a media entrepreneur.

by our reporter:
Ariën Rasmijn

Fresh from a somewhat anticipated meeting is Mark Benson Denz's office within 24 Ora. Tomorrow Aruba Herald, the new English-language news site of its media business Headlines Group, officially launched by the Minister of Tourism, Labour and Transport, Otmar Oduber (AVP), while Destination Innovation Fair in Renaissance Convention Center.

The idea to launch an English news came two years ago. "For some reason 24 Ora suddenly went rigid in terms of visitors from outside the island, but also from people who live here who are not able to read Papiamento. From them we received the request for an English version of 24 Ora. We knew that question was and I started playing with the idea. But I was also still plenty to do and was only advance until early this year when I decided to do to do. "Aruba Herald goes on two target groups, people outside the island, including potential visitors, timeshare owners or people doing business on the island, and people on the island who are not able to read Papiamento. "Often these are people who are in business, so we live stock quotes and exchange rates on the site." Aruba Herald uses the same infrastructure as newsgathering and Ora 24. Although Aruba Tourism Authority (ATA) is the partner site will Aruba Herald news about robberies and other messages that may be sensitive to the tourism industry and sponsors of those life alert, says Denz. "We're not a tourist news, but just local news, lawsuits and political news sites. I'm born in Aruba, living here and want to live here and I know that our main source of income is tourism and I absolutely do nothing to undermine it, but I do not lie or cover up cases. In addition, people really do know what happens here. You do not like Papiamento-speaker only a passage of 24 Ora Google Translate into Spanish translate to find out that there were also raided. "Nevertheless Denz deliberately chooses to compromise and he will certainly not front page filled with robberies . "Of the four in one day, we place a guess. In addition, you also receive certain news a certain twist, notably the positive-solving aspect is brought forward. "Initially, reports of robberies and other crimes under the tab 'Crime' will fall. "There were people worried about. We opted for the more neutral '911 '. Denz yet fills his own hand the Aruba Herald site. Denz: "In principle, only articles need to be translated. I think I once when the site running, and later take a translator there. But for now I do it myself. "

This is the fourth product in the portfolio Denz, which is home marketer. In the four and half years Headlines that his group is active, his company has gradually expanded. "When I started I worked as a marketing manager at Cool FM. Only a half years later, I could draw a salary for myself. Personally I really expect it would run faster. But the advertising is, in part still very traditional. It took a while before we realized what we can do and what our grasp. "Ora 24 is still the most visited news site in Aruba.
 ::snipping2::

http://arubaherald.com/

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #708 on: May 27, 2011, 11:11:13 PM »

Aruba Herald uses the same infrastructure as newsgathering and Ora 24. Although Aruba Tourism Authority (ATA) is the partner site will Aruba Herald news about robberies and other messages that may be sensitive to the tourism industry and sponsors of those life alert, says Denz. "We're not a tourist news, but just local news, lawsuits and political news sites. I'm born in Aruba, living here and want to live here and I know that our main source of income is tourism and I absolutely do nothing to undermine it, but I do not lie or cover up cases.

Yeah right ...
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #709 on: May 27, 2011, 11:14:19 PM »

http://www.coolaruba.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=1769915

Full Moon Red edition @ Nikky Beach 21 may2011

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #710 on: May 27, 2011, 11:23:32 PM »

Aruba Herald uses the same infrastructure as newsgathering and Ora 24. Although Aruba Tourism Authority (ATA) is the partner site will Aruba Herald news about robberies and other messages that may be sensitive to the tourism industry and sponsors of those life alert, says Denz. "We're not a tourist news, but just local news, lawsuits and political news sites. I'm born in Aruba, living here and want to live here and I know that our main source of income is tourism and I absolutely do nothing to undermine it, but I do not lie or cover up cases.

Yeah right ...

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #711 on: May 28, 2011, 03:12:14 AM »

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #712 on: May 28, 2011, 07:48:26 AM »

Yeah right ...

For anyone that believes that article, as my Dad would say:
 I have a bridge to sell you.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #713 on: May 28, 2011, 01:12:44 PM »

Yeah right ...

From a discussion on the Aruba Forums, regarding this "new", newspaper:

Thank you...but what we need is an online and or print English version of Diario....we really need to know what is going on!

You are absolutely right! I love the Diario.

http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83159&sid=0cd0244abb89d319872b57d7c2f4f971

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: May 28, 2011, 01:16:41 PM »

Yeah right ...

From a discussion on the Aruba Forums, regarding this "new", newspaper:

Thank you...but what we need is an online and or print English version of Diario....we really need to know what is going on!

You are absolutely right! I love the Diario.

http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83159&sid=0cd0244abb89d319872b57d7c2f4f971

Thanks Buckeye!   

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #715 on: May 28, 2011, 10:24:57 PM »

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/van-der-Sloot-wants-to-stay-in-Peru/NRbzT0chCUeMXz7-OzAs6w.cspx

van der Sloot wants to stay in Peru

Birmingham, Ala (WIAT)  All things considered, Joran van der Sloot would rather do any prison sentence in Peru.

That's what the accused murderer told Dutch reporter John van den Heuvel.

"He has just found his niche in an area with other wealthy, Dutch of whom can benefit. For example, he gets better food." van den Heuvel as quoted on the Dutch website AD.NL.

The Netherlands and Peru are waiting ratification of a treaty that would allow each other's nationals to serve any prison sentences in their home country.  Van der Sloot's lawyer says he'll plead guilty to the reduced not charges but not to the murder charge.  If convicted on the murder charge, he would forfeit appeal rights if he opted to serve his time in Holland.

There have been reports in the Peruvian media that van der Sloot wants to be extradited to the U.S. but his Peruvian lawyer, Max Altez, says those reports are wrong.   There are also reports that Stephany Flores' family wants van der Sloot extradited to face the U.S. charges after his trial in Peru.  If van der Sloot gets only a 3-5 year sentence in Peru, it's very likely he'd serve more time in the U.S. on the extortion and wire fraud charges.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: May 28, 2011, 10:58:26 PM »

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/van-der-Sloot-wants-to-stay-in-Peru/NRbzT0chCUeMXz7-OzAs6w.cspx

van der Sloot wants to stay in Peru

Birmingham, Ala (WIAT)  All things considered, Joran van der Sloot would rather do any prison sentence in Peru.

That's what the accused murderer told Dutch reporter John van den Heuvel.

"He has just found his niche in an area with other wealthy, Dutch of whom can benefit. For example, he gets better food." van den Heuvel as quoted on the Dutch website AD.NL.

The Netherlands and Peru are waiting ratification of a treaty that would allow each other's nationals to serve any prison sentences in their home country.  Van der Sloot's lawyer says he'll plead guilty to the reduced not charges but not to the murder charge.  If convicted on the murder charge, he would forfeit appeal rights if he opted to serve his time in Holland.

There have been reports in the Peruvian media that van der Sloot wants to be extradited to the U.S. but his Peruvian lawyer, Max Altez, says those reports are wrong.   There are also reports that Stephany Flores' family wants van der Sloot extradited to face the U.S. charges after his trial in Peru.  If van der Sloot gets only a 3-5 year sentence in Peru, it's very likely he'd serve more time in the U.S. on the extortion and wire fraud charges.

'Joran lives like a king in jail.  It is shameful what happens in prisons. I think the INPE has to give the same treatment to all criminals.'

Ricardo Flores - November, 2010

http://www.generaccion.com/noticia/83737/familia-flores-aseguran-que-joran-van-der-sloot-vive-como-rey

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #717 on: May 29, 2011, 12:54:53 AM »

http://amigoe.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8120:abn-amro-toont-interesse-voor-aruba&catid=108:artikelen-aruba&Itemid=199

Google translation:

ABN AMRO showing interest in Aruba

Saturday, 28 May 2011 6:39 p.m.

ORANGE CITY - The Dutch bank ABN AMRO has a "high interest" in projects in Aruba. This was evident by recent statements by Alex Driessen, director of the Export Finance Bank.
Driessen made these statements after a presentation by Prime Minister Mike Eman (AVP) to the Association of Dutch Businessmen (VNO / NCW) in Mali Tower in The Hague. Here was the Prime Minister gave a presentation to a selection of companies who might be interested to open an office in Aruba. It was not the intention that firms produce, but rather for reaching their policies on activities in the region.

ABN already has a share in the Father Peter windfarm, says Driessen. Including as funder. "So we know your country for several years now." He was impressed with the capabilities and stability of the island, as presented by Eman. "Certainly the story of the gateway is very appealing." Our island would be more itself as Europe's gateway to Latin and Central America and vice versa. "I think the chances are it will not stay with only a positive impression, but we take each other more will go in the future," says Driessen promising.

Establishment
He continues that high level contacts between the bank and the Aruban government. "There's a few days ago a discussion took place with the Prime Minister and one of the members of our board," said Driessen. He hints that there is talk about financing the expansion of the wind farm. More like this he does not lose. Asked whether there is a chance that ABN AMRO will settle again in Aruba, he wants to make any firm conclusions. "It's not my place to say something, put it first." On further cooperation with the following bank says Driessen. "From what we have heard today and in meetings with our board, it speaks a lot of high interest. I therefore do not exclude that it will happen again. But when we talk about a specific project, it is still too early to make a comment on them. "

Philips
Among the other potential candidates are Dutch companies that dredging works in the Panama Canal as well as companies-Ballast Nedam, Interbeton and Philips. Eman has previously told this newspaper that these companies have offices in Venezuela. "While we in our Dutch legal system and just thirty miles away and yet are not sitting here." According to the premier sites for many of these companies with a favorable fiscal and legal environment. Competition from other Antillean islands, he fears not. According to Eman infrastructure on Aruba better than the small islands. Moreover, the air and sea links and the network of lawyers and accounting firms to give our island a better competitive position.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #718 on: May 29, 2011, 01:24:53 AM »

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979372635

Tennessee Woman Remains Missing; Holloway Search Center Offers Help

May 26, 2011 08:10 PM EDT

As a woman in Tennessee remains missing after several months, the Natalee Holloway Resource Center is going to help assist in the search. Shelley Lynn Mook was last seen after dropping her daughters off at her husband's home in Shelbyville, Tennessee. The young 24-year-old mother seemed to vanish in thin air, not unlike other similar cases in Tennessee.

The Natalee Holloway Resource Center specializes in distributing awareness materials focusing on missing people such as posters and search coordinations.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #719 on: May 29, 2011, 01:56:03 AM »

http://www.helpthemissing.org/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.