April 23, 2024, 10:27:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unemployment, Entitlements, and Poverty  (Read 1267 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 27, 2011, 11:35:52 AM »

I listen on TV and radio pundits talk about how the unemployed need to be mobile and move for a job.  If you want a job, your ability to find one may be related to your ability to relocate. 

Sell your house?  Leave your community?  Start over in a place that offers a job?

For some reason, this is not the same advise that seems to be given to those living on welfare - often for years, decades, and generations.  For some reason, these folks may be described by activists as living in hard core pockets of poverty, food deserts, segregation...the words to describe their circumstances seem to blame someone else. 

Why isn't anyone telling these folks to move?  Your ability to get a job is limited to your refusal to move to an area of prosperity?

There seem to be millions of folks that come here illegally to do agricultural work.  Why?  Farmers can't get enough local help.

Why aren't long term welfare recipients encouraged to move to where the jobs are?

Illegal aliens often travel hundreds, if not thousands of miles for a job.  They leave their families, communities, and relocate.  Transfers payments to foreign countries amount to billions a month.  Why aren't Americans finding these lucrative opportunities?

Many of these illegal aliens bring their families too.  They go to local schools, and work hard.

Why the double standard?

Why aren't all welfare recipients considered unemployed?  Why aren't they encouraged to move and start new lives?  Join new communities?  Leave their lives of poverty behind?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 10:50:38 PM »

What about the responsibility of communities to make themselves business friendly?

Support their own poor with welfare or jobs?

In Milwaukee, the good people voted themselves 9 sick days a year, from private employers.  'Why should a mom have to choose between a sick child and her job?'

She doesn't.  In the olden days, people networked within the community to find care for sick children.   They relied on family and friends.  They paid it forward when it came time to give back.  They handled life.

Today, what do they do?  Complain. 

How many businesses will be forced to leave Milwaukee?  Should the rest of Milwaukee County, the State of Wisconsin, be forced to pay for what may be a bad decision by this community?  Should everyone be forced to pay for Milwaukee's sick day paradise?

When will communities be responsible/accountable for the decisions that drive business away?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.