April 20, 2024, 04:30:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lasko Recalls Box Fans Due To Fire Hazard  (Read 3144 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: March 27, 2011, 04:33:42 PM »

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11183.html
NEWS from CPSC
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
Office of Information and Public Affairs    Washington, DC 20207

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 24, 2011
Release #11-183    Firm's Recall Hotline: (877) 445-1314
CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908
Lasko Recalls Box Fans Due To Fire Hazard

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.

Name of Product: Box fans

Units: About 4.8 million units

Manufacturer: Lasko Products Inc., of West Chester, Pa.

Hazard: An electrical failure in the fan's motor poses a fire hazard to consumers.

Incidents/Injuries: Lasko has received seven reports of fires associated with motor failures, including two house fires and one barn fire, resulting in extensive property damage. No injuries have been reported.

Description: This recall involves Lasko box fans with model numbers 3720, 3723, and 3733 and Galaxy box fans with model number 4733 that have date "2002-03" or "2003-04" stamped on the bottom of the metal frame. "Lasko" or "Galaxy" is printed on the front of the fan. The model number is either stamped or printed on the bottom of the fans.

Sold at: Mass merchandisers nationwide from July 2002 through December 2005 for between $12 and $25.

Manufactured in: United States

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled fans and contact Lasko to receive a free fused plug safety adapter.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Lasko toll free at (877) 445-1314 anytime or visit the firm's website at www.laskoproducts.com

::snipping2::
Pictures of fans at link.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 08:37:17 PM »

Wow, my neighbors house burned to the ground in Sept. 2009  They escaped with the clothes on their back.  The cause was believed to be caused by a Lasko fan.  They are just now getting around to the recall?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 08:51:54 PM »

Wow, my neighbors house burned to the ground in Sept. 2009  They escaped with the clothes on their back.  The cause was believed to be caused by a Lasko fan.  They are just now getting around to the recall?

I guess there have to be enough fires reported to justify a recall.    I have two Lasko box fans, but they're recent purchases and not a part of the recall.  Still, I'm thinking about not leaving them running at night or when I'm gone.  I have ceiling fans, but I use the box fans to move air around because it gets hot upstairs. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.