March 28, 2024, 03:39:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #188 4/01/11 - 4/06/11  (Read 202878 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2011, 05:21:05 PM »

Just a personal observation: I'm beginning to wonder if this trial will actually start on the announced date. JP will do his best to hold it there, but I'm not so sure anymore.

My prediction-  NO WAY.

I agree at this rate they will be lucky at best to start in June.

I feel a bit of a rant, a useless one, but a rant coming on none the less-

This is what happens when you let a 3rd year atty through what amounts to a legal loophole, to take this case.

Legislation about lawyers quitting cases where the funds run out has been revised since this case, and I have NO DOUBT legislation will change regarding DP qualification regulations going forward.

The State should not have to be subject to these host of panderers like this, imo.
I was afriad you'd agree with me, Blink!   

Well, I agree but with a tad lesser time difference, I say approximately 2 weeks later than pre-scheduled due to housekeeping & pretrial motions.  That being said,  I think the voir dire alone (set to begin May 9th) is going to be rather lengthy process so combining that I would agree the case-in-chief will start no earlier than mid June.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2011, 05:21:36 PM »

Bringing this over from other thread: tupelohoney posted.............

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/21341783/detail.html

Cindy Anthony told CBS's Maggie Rodriguez that the state is mistaken in assuming that Casey Anthony is the person who searched terms like "neck-breaking," "household weapons," and "how to make chloroform" on the Anthony family computer.

"I remember I looked up chlorophyll back in March of last year and I am not sure if I looked up chloroform as well," Cindy Anthony told prosecutors in a deposition.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now she doesn't remember about chloroform - the problem with even the first lie was KC was going back and forth between the searches an her my space or facebook one. Was Cindy on those too?

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2011, 05:25:57 PM »

Missed the end of the side bar covos. Pfffttttttttt. Had to run out and do something for someone here. TY for the updates.
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2011, 05:44:56 PM »

Bringing this over from other thread: tupelohoney posted.............

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/21341783/detail.html

Cindy Anthony told CBS's Maggie Rodriguez that the state is mistaken in assuming that Casey Anthony is the person who searched terms like "neck-breaking," "household weapons," and "how to make chloroform" on the Anthony family computer.

"I remember I looked up chlorophyll back in March of last year and I am not sure if I looked up chloroform as well," Cindy Anthony told prosecutors in a deposition.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now she doesn't remember about chloroform - the problem with even the first lie was KC was going back and forth between the searches an her my space or facebook one. Was Cindy on those too?

Cindy was working when those searches were done as well. I believe LE verified that. There were no "chlorophyll" searches. She can lie all she wants. IIRC Cindy also stated she never used myspace or facebook until July 3, 2008.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2011, 05:54:46 PM »

Why Cindy thinks her lies are helping KC's defense is a mystery to me. They didn't help her before & they will NOT help her at trial.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2011, 06:02:53 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-science-experts-20110401,0,3521493,full.story
Casey Anthony trial: Judge Perry threatens to fine squabbling attorneys
Chief Judge Belvin Perry shouted at the attorneys, something he never does
By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel

4:48 p.m. EDT, April 1, 2011
A debate about what kind of scientific evidence will be allowed at Casey Anthony's trial developed into one of the most contentious courtroom battles yet in her murder case.

At one point this morning, Chief Judge Belvin Perry shouted at the attorneys, something he never does. "Just a second," he yelled. "Everyone be quiet."

Tension escalated today between defense attorney Jose Baez and Assistant State Attorney Jeff Ashton, prompting Perry to threaten to fine them if the battle continues.

He said to both Ashton and Baez that if their bickering and nasty comments and disrespect continues this afternoon, he will have them pay $100 each as a penalty.

"You're supposed to be seasoned lawyers," Perry said. "I look for a certain level of professionalism. I've had enough of the back and forth between the two of you."
 ::snipping2::

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2011, 06:04:36 PM »

And for yet another weekend we don't see a decision to all those motions.  I just can't see this case starting in May.  But I can see Baez and Mason pitching a fit if it gets postponed again.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2011, 06:05:37 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/category/caylee-and-casey-anthony
Casey Anthony: Are you ready for fireworks in May?
Caylee and Casey Anthony, George and Cindy Anthony, WESH, WFTV, WKMG — posted by halboedeker on April, 1 2011 1:08 PM

http://www.wftv.com/news/27395081/detail.html
Attorneys Scolded During Casey Evidence Hearing
Posted: 7:07 am EDT April 1, 2011Updated: 5:58 pm EDT April 1, 2011
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry became frustrated during a Friday hearing in the Casey Anthony case, where defense attorneys tried to get more key evidence thrown out. Casey is charged with murdering her daughter Caylee Anthony and dumping her body in a wooded area near their house on Suburban Drive.
VIDEO REPORT: Evidence Hearing Gets Heated  http://www.wftv.com/video/27399838/index.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2011, 06:28:52 PM »

We can't forget Baez saying he would file a motion to ask for an extension once the jury location was announced, so that he could do his own investigation of the chosen area. Which of course he has already done that some time ago and I'm sure not enough has changed in that time to make any difference. But he's going to do it.....hopefully CJBP will deny him on the spot, citing the same reason I just stated.  moo

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2011, 06:38:40 PM »

Perry's last straw was when defense attorney Baez called the chloroform level that a prosecution expert found in Casey's trunk "crazy" then interrupted Ashton's objection.

"Be prepared to pull out $100 the next time the two of you start talking to each other," Perry said.

Perry agreed that Baez was trying to ambush the prosecution by trying to introduce brand new evidence.

Sheaffer even saw defense attorney Cheney Mason make a vulgar gesture toward the prosecutor with his arms.

"I've not seen anything like this in the 33, 35 years that I've been practicing law," Sheaffer said. "The judge will either stop it or bankrupt them, one of the two."

At about 5:00pm, Judge Perry recessed the court until Wednesday at 9:00am.

Overtime costs prevented Perry from continuing on Saturday. The courts are running out of money.

Friday's last defense witness has such a weak connection to the hearing issues that Perry might discount his testimony altogether, but he'll take the stand again on Wednesday and the hearing could go into Friday if necessary.

~ Peter Frampton
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2011, 08:18:30 PM »

So, no court tomorrow?  What happened to working on Saturday?

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2011, 08:19:58 PM »

JP threatens them with Sat. and Sun. and now can't back it up because
he doesn't want to pay time and a half.

Not his call, State is having budget restraints

I agree, but here is my issue- He knew for weeks that the costs were an issue, so I think that he gave the benefit of the doubt.

When Mason said yesterday that they only had 2 witnesses today, given the track record, come on...
Too bad he can't force the duhfense to pay the court costs.
Liars that they are.

I so agree with this!

I hate that Judge Perry threatened to work on Saturday and Sunday if needed and now had to rescind it.

I agree, it makes him look like he cannot be taken for his word.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #112 on: April 01, 2011, 08:31:11 PM »

Overtime costs prevented Perry from continuing on Saturday. The courts are running out of money.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2011, 08:52:24 PM »

Then, he needs to stop threatening them with working on weekends, if he does not mean it.  He could have gotten it done on Saturday.  All the money he is giving Bozo, but cannot afford a weekend?  I don't buy it.  Maybe he is giving in to Jar who seems to have an aversion to working any time but 9 to 5 M-F. 

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2011, 09:20:12 PM »

Then, he needs to stop threatening them with working on weekends, if he does not mean it.  He could have gotten it done on Saturday.  All the money he is giving Bozo, but cannot afford a weekend?  I don't buy it.  Maybe he is giving in to Jar who seems to have an aversion to working any time but 9 to 5 M-F. 

..yeah. And I am waiting on that first $100.00 to be pulled out and handed over.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2011, 09:22:07 PM »

http://callsforjustice.wordpress.com/2011/04/01/casey-anthony-burnt-fryes-served-up-with-a-whole-lot-of-cheese/

Furton claims he is one of the early researchers into odor signatures of remains and there is vast disagreement in the field as to the science.  Talks about a comparison chart he put together of the articles….

Oh, Ashton says they have a discovery violation
and they are up to the bench and the Judge calls a 5 minute recess!

Ashton says the witness is trying to testify about exhibits and opinions that don’t conform with the court order, so they were trying to sneak in new information from Furton!  Judge Perry not happy at all!

Baez says Furton testified about compounds and he didn’t know all so he went back and studied for today – he did his homework!  Asks how the witness is supposed to know what questions he will be asked at deposition!

Ashton says this is clearly willful and an ambush!

Ashton asks what additional research he did after deposition.  We go back to the comparison chart which turns out to be part of a student dissertation.

Furton answers a question that is not what Aston asks and Ashton gets testy with the witness.

Furton admits he did additional work after the deposition and no, he did not reveal that in the deposition.

Furton keeps claiming Ashton never asked the question.  Furton says he was aware his student was writing the paper, but it wasn’t complete so that’s why it was not mentioned at depo.

Furton thinks he told the defense about the paper sometime this March.

Judge Perry has heard enough.  Perry says he gave a different answer in the deposition, but it does not change his opinion and may indicate impeachment.

Baez now admits he did not show the chart to the State and they are withdrawing it.

Judge Perry says he doesn’t know what the witnesses opinion is based on – sound foundation or shaky foundation.

Baez nailed for being in violation with the chart!

Well looks like the defense got caught with their pants down again!

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2011, 09:50:24 PM »

Rude gestures in the middle of a court session????  Why are they not being disbarred?????????

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2011, 11:41:13 PM »

Good evening Monkeys.

I so appreciate all the comments and screen caps from today's hearing.

It sounds like it was a humdinger of a hot mess.

At first thought tonight after reading all this I am so very, very sad for Caylee Marie.  The disrespect that the defense team is showing her through their antics at these hearings..and even in their lack of preparation.   I don't want them to forget they are defending a woman who murdered her own child in coldblood out of some unresolved anger issues towards her own life and family..a woman who obviously is loving this attention and can been seen smiling and laughing in court..how dare she..how dare her defense team have no sanctity and respect for another human life.

If the defense, the A's and Casey keep up this circus act and keep laughing, joking, making rude gestures, etc they have sealed the deal for their client. It really won't matter what they are testifying to , or whom they have testify..once the jury sees their lack of respect for the court, the State, other witnesses..and most of all the human life of little Caylee Marie....well that will be the end for Casey.  No juror in their right mind is going to feel any differently then any other normal human being..people with any respect for the law, others and life do not act like imbeciles when the DP is on the table and the truth of what happened to this child is revealed.

Just an aside observation..I think that Cindy acted a little more nervous today then usual.  Casey acts more bizarre and nervous now then she has before in court...the sweater stretching over the hands, the tight little movements of the hands and fingers, the angry faces, the manic faces ..the out and out laughing..her tells are showing..the girl is getting scared.  I think by the trial she will be almost uncontrollable and they will have to sedate her to drag her in the door....I think her face and body will be broken out in hives and acne..it will be her emotions manifested through her body.  I am sure she is starting to feel the heat..yet the total disrespect remains..no remorse.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2011, 12:14:45 AM »

Thanks to all the monkeys for their posts, the links, the screen caps and the artwork.

It makes it so interesting for those of us who have to come in late to read what happened during the day in court.

What a mess!!

How on eart does Baez think he can put on incompetend "expers" on the stand and not be laughed out of court by the "jurors"?

Judge Perry, I can't decide whether to be upset with him that he would let this mess continue or whether to be happy that he is giving Baez, et al, all the rope they need because it sure is showing up what a mess this trial is going to be.

I'm beginning to be concerned that Judge Perry might not be able to control this 3-ring circus during trial.....please...do tell me I don't need to think that way!

I hope Judge Perry puts out written, strong rules of conduct for the actual trial....and makes them stick!

Thanks, again!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2011, 12:16:32 AM »

Thanks to all the monkeys for their posts, the links, the screen caps and the artwork.

It makes it so interesting for those of us who have to come in late to read what happened during the day in court.

What a mess!!

How on eart does Baez think he can put on incompetend "expers" on the stand and not be laughed out of court by the "jurors"?

Judge Perry, I can't decide whether to be upset with him that he would let this mess continue or whether to be happy that he is giving Baez, et al, all the rope they need because it sure is showing up what a mess this trial is going to be.

I'm beginning to be concerned that Judge Perry might not be able to control this 3-ring circus during trial.....please...do tell me I don't need to think that way!

I hope Judge Perry puts out written, strong rules of conduct for the actual trial....and makes them stick!

Thanks, again!

Well, I sure messed up the 4th line.  Meant to say:

How on earth does Baez think he can put on incompetent "experts" on the stand and not be laughed out of court by the "jurors"?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.