March 28, 2024, 07:06:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Former Colorado Governor Richard Lamm on Multiculturalism  (Read 3844 times)
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« on: March 20, 2007, 05:22:15 PM »

Richard Lamm on Multiculturalism

Claim:   Former Colorado governor Richard Lamm delivered a speech on the perils of multiculturalism.

Example:   [Collected on the Internet, 2005]

A Frightening Analysis

We all know Dick Lamm as the former Governor of Colorado. In that context his thoughts are particularly poignant. Last week there was an immigration-overpopulation conference in Washington, DC, filled to capacity by many of American's finest minds and leaders. A brilliant college professor named Victor Hansen Davis talked about his latest book, "Mexifornia," explaining how immigration — both legal and illegal — was destroying the entire state of California. He said it would march across the country until it destroyed all vestiges of The American Dream.

Moments later, former Colorado Governor Richard D. Lamm stood up and gave a stunning speech on how to destroy America. The audience sat spellbound as he described eight methods for the destruction of the United States. He said, "If you believe that America is too smug, too self-satisfied, too rich, then let's destroy America. It is not that hard to do. No nation in history has survived the ravages of time. Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and fall and that 'An autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit suicide.'"

"Here is how they do it," Lamm said: First to destroy America, "Turn America into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bicultural country. History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a society to be bilingual. The historical scholar Seymour Lipset put it this way: 'The histories of bilingual and bi-cultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension, and tragedy. Canada, Belgium, Malaysia, Lebanon all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with Basques, Bretons, and Corsicans."

Lamm went on: Second, to destroy America, "Invent 'multiculturalism' and encourage immigrants to maintain their culture. I would make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal. That there are no cultural differences. I would make it an article of faith that the Black and Hispanic dropout rates are due to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out of bounds.

Third, "We could make the United States a 'Hispanic Quebec' without much effort. The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. As Benjamin Schwarz said in the Atlantic Monthly recently: 'The apparent success of our own multiethnic and multicultural experiment might have been achieved! Not by tolerance but by hegemony. Without the dominance that once dictated ethnocentrically and what it meant to be an American, we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us together.'"

Lamm said, "I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with the salad bowl metaphor. It is important to ensure that we have various cultural subgroups living in America reinforcing their differences rather than as Americans, emphasizing their similarities."

"Fourth, I would make our fastest growing demographic group the least educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated, and antagonistic to our population. I would have this second underclass have a 50% dropout rate from high school."

"My fifth point for destroying America would be to get big foundations and business to give these efforts lots of money. I would invest in ethnic identity, and I would establish the cult of 'Victimology.' I would get all minorities to think their lack of success was the fault of the majority. I would start a grievance industry blaming all minority failure on the majority population."

"My sixth plan for America's downfall would include dual citizenship and promote divided loyalties. I would celebrate diversity over unity. I would stress differences rather than similarities. Diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other - that is, when they are not killing each other. A diverse, peaceful, or stable society is against most historical precedent. People undervalue the unity! Unity is what it takes to keep a nation together. Look at the ancient Greeks. The Greeks believed that they belonged to the same race; they possessed a common language and literature; and they worshiped the same gods. All Greece took part in the Olympic Games.

A common enemy Persia threatened their liberty. Yet all these bonds were not strong enough to over come two factors: local patriotism and geographical conditions that nurtured political divisions. Greece fell.

"E. Pluribus Unum" — From many, one. In that historical reality, if we put the emphasis on the 'pluribus' instead of the 'Unum,' we can balkanize America as surely as Kosovo."

"Next to last, I would place all subjects off limits ~ make it taboo to talk about anything against the cult of 'diversity.' I would find a word similar to 'heretic' in the 16th century - that stopped discussion and paralyzed thinking. Words like 'racist' or 'x! xenophobes' halt discussion and debate."

"Having made America a bilingual/bicultural country, having established multi-culturism, having the large foundations fund the doctrine of 'Victimology,' I would next make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra: That because immigration has been good for America, it must always be good. I would make every individual immigrant symmetric and ignore the cumulative impact of millions of them."

In the last minute of his speech, Governor Lamm wiped his brow. Profound silence followed. Finally he said, "Lastly, I would censor Victor Hanson Davis's book Mexifornia. His book is dangerous. It exposes the plan to destroy America. If you feel America deserves to be destroyed, don't read that book."

There was no applause.

A chilling fear quietly rose like an ominous cloud above every attendee at the conference. Every American in that room knew that everything Lamm enumerated was proceeding methodically, quietly, darkly, yet pervasively across the United States today. Every discussion is being suppressed. Over 100 languages are ripping the foundation of our educational system and national cohesiveness. Barbaric cultures that practice female genital mutilation are growing as we celebrate 'diversity.' American jobs are vanishing into the Third World as corporations create a Third World in America — take note of California and other states — to date, ten million illegal aliens and growing fast. It is reminiscent of George Orwell's book "1984." In that story, three slogans are engraved in the Ministry of Truth building: "War is peace," "Freedom is slavery," and "Ignorance is strength."

Governor Lamm walked back to his seat. It dawned on everyone at the conference that our nation and the future of this great democracy are deeply in trouble and worsening fast. If we don't get this immigration monster stopped within three years, it will rage like a California wildfire and destroy everything in its path, especially The American Dream.

Origins:   Richard D. Lamm was a Democrat who served as governor of Colorado for twelve years from 1975 to 1987.

The URL for this page is http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/lamm.asp
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 05:49:13 PM »

Nice to see you Carnut.
I know this is a slightly different topic from your original but thought I would post it here anyway. The link I am providing is a link to the author of the post I am copying here. His name is Reverend Jesse Peterson. A very interesting person.
http://www.bondinfo.org/about/jlp/peterson.htm

Why New Orleans Went Under--A Black Man's Comments

Carefully read the whole article.  You'll be amazed at this guy!!!

I don't know the man who wrote this, but I looked at his picture and read it with my mouth hanging open. He says things here that no white man could ever write and keep his job as a writer, and he speaks the truth.      

Wednesday, September 21,  2005 -Moral poverty cost blacks in New  Orleans - 1:00 a.m.  Eastern

By  Reverend Jesse Peterson

Say a hurricane is about to destroy the city you live in.  Two questions:

What would you do?  

What would you do if you were black?  

Sadly, the two questions don't have the  same answer.

To the first:  Most of us would take our families out of that city quickly to protect them from danger.  Then, able-bodied men would return to help others in need, as wives and others cared for children, elderly, infirm and the like.  

For better or worse, Hurricane Katrina has told us the answer to the second question.  If you're black and a hurricane is about to destroy your city, you'll probably wait for the government to save you.  

This was not always the case.  Prior to 40 years ago, such a pathetic performance by the black community in a time of crisis would have been inconceivable.  The first response would have come from black men. They would take care of their families, bring them to safety, and then help the rest of the community.  Then local government would come in.  

No longer.  When 75 percent of New Orleans residents had left the city, it was primarily immoral, welfare-pampered blacks that stayed behind and waited for the government to bail them out.  This, as we know, did not turn out good results.  

Enter Jesse Jackson and Louis Farrakhan.  Jackson and Farrakhan laid blame on "racist" President Bush. Farrakhan actually proposed the idea that the government blew up a levee so as to kill blacks and save whites. The two demanded massive governmental spending to rebuild New  Orleans, above and beyond the federal government's proposed $60 billion.  Not only that, these two were positioning themselves as the gatekeepers to supervise the dispersion of funds.  Perfect: Two of the most dishonest elite blacks in America, "overseeing" billions of dollars.  I wonder where that money will end up.  

Of course, if these two were really serious about laying blame on government, they should blame the local one. Responsibility to perform legally and practically fell first on the mayor of New Orleans.  We are now all familiar with Mayor Ray Nagin the black Democrat who likes to yell at President Bush for failing to do Nagin's job.  The facts, unfortunately, do not support Nagin's wailing.  As the  Washington Times puts it, "recent reports show [Nagin] failed to follow through on his own city's emergency-response plan, which acknowledged that thousands of the city's poorest residents would have no way to evacuate the city."

One wonders how there was "no way" for  these people to evacuate the city.  We have photographic evidence telling us otherwise.  You've probably seen it by now the photo showing 2,000 parked school buses, unused and underwater.  How much planning does it require to put people on a bus and leave town, Mayor Nagin?  

Instead of doing the obvious, Mayor Nagin (with no positive contribution from Democratic Gov. Kathleen Blanco, the other major leader vested with responsibility to address the hurricane disaster) loaded remaining New Orleans residents into the Superdome and the city's convention center.  We know how that plan turned out.  

About five years ago, in a debate before the National Association of Black Journalists, I stated that if whites were to just leave the United States and let blacks run the country, they would turn America into a ghetto within 10 years.  The audience, shall we say, disagreed with me strongly.  Now I have to disagree with me. I gave blacks too much credit.  It took a mere three days for blacks to turn the Superdome and the convention center into ghettos, rampant with theft, rape and murder.  

President Bush is not to blame for the rampant immorality of blacks.  Had New Orleans' black community taken action, most would have been out of harm's way.  But most were too lazy, immoral and trifling to do anything productive for themselves.

All Americans must tell blacks this truth.  It was blacks' moral poverty not their material poverty that cost them dearly in New Orleans.  Farrakhan, Jackson, and other race hustlers are to be repudiated for they will only perpetuate this problem by stirring up hatred and applauding moral corruption.  New Orleans, to the extent it is to be rebuilt, should be remade into a dependency-free, morally strong city where corruption is opposed and success is applauded.  Blacks are obligated to help themselves and not depend on the government to care for them.  We are all obligated to tell them so.

The Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson is founder and president of BOND, the Brotherhood Organization of A New Destiny, and author of "Scam: How the Black Leadership Exploits Black America."

Just a swinging with the tribe
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 10:03:19 PM »

Carnut and Sam,

Wow!  Such stories! Both of you ... very excellent posts. Governor Lamm and Reverend Jesse Peterson ... you spoke the truth.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.