April 28, 2024, 07:26:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Albert & Rita Chretien, Penticton, BC missing WA St(Rita alive/Al Found Deceased  (Read 103105 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: April 03, 2011, 04:18:32 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/119122119.html

Search on for missing Canadian couple last seen in Wash. state

Originally printed at http://www.katu.com/news/local/119122119.html
By KOMO Staff April 2, 2011

OKANOGAN, Wash. -- The search is on for a Canadian couple who were last seen in Washington state.

Albert and Rita Chretien of Penticton, British Columbia were reported missing by family members on Thursday after the couple disappeared while driving to a business trip to Las Vegas earlier this week.

Investigators have determined the couple crossed the U.S.-Canada border into Washington state at Oroville on the morning of March 19. Their credit card used later that day in Baker City, Ore.

Officials have not determined whether it was the Chretiens themselves who used the card in Oregon. Their card and cell phone have not been used since.

Family members said the Chretiens, who are said to be small business owners, never made it to the trade show in Las Vegas.
 ::snipping2::
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 03:59:19 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 06:04:56 PM »

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/breakingnews/missing-bc-couple-last-spotted-buying-gas-two-weeks-ago-in-oregon-119150809.html
Missing B.C. couple last spotted buying gas two weeks ago in Oregon
March 3, 2011

VANCOUVER - RCMP have released the last known photographs of a middle-aged Penticton, B.C. couple who vanished two weeks ago en route to a trade show in Las Vegas.

Albert and Rita Chretien were spotted paying for gas at a Shell station in Oregon state on May 19(Month may be a typo-Muffy) in the still shots captured from a surveillance video camera inside the Baker City store.
RCMP Cpl. Dan Moskaluk says tips are starting to come in and so far police have no indication or evidence of foul play in the disappearance.
The couple's son, Raymond Chretien, says he hired a small plane to fly over parts of his parents' route on Saturday but the pilot didn't make any sightings.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 06:08:54 PM »

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Penticton+couple+vanished+Vegas+r

Penticton couple vanished on Las Vegas road trip (updated)

Albert and Rita Chretien, 59 and 56 years old, drove into Washington State via Oroville on March 19 in their 2000 Chevy Astro van, with B.C. licence plate 212 CAV.
April 3, 2011

Albert Chretien, 59, and Rita Chretien, 56, crossed into Washington State in the morning on March 19 in a light brown 2000 Chevy Astro van, with B.C. licence plate 212 CAV.

RCMP Cpl. Dan Moskaluk said investigators have video footage of the couple making a credit card purchase at a gas station in Oregon that same afternoon.

"RCMP investigators have obtained the store security footage from Baker City, Oregon, and have confirmed that Rita and Albert Chretien are seen in the video footage making a gas purchase at a Shell convenience outlet," Moskaluk said in a statement.

The RCMP and U.S. authorities are now concentrating their investigative efforts in the Baker City and Oregon State area, he said.

The couple, who owns an excavation business in Penticton, never ended up attending the trade show and convention being held in Las Vegas. They never booked into their Las Vegas hotel.

The Penticton RCMP has been liaising with several U.S. police agencies in attempts to locate the couple.

The family has posted a page about their disappearance on Facebook.

Anyone with information regarding the Chretiens or their van is asked to contact any of the following:
# The Penticton RCMP at 250-492-4300
# Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8477
# Okanagan County Sherriff 509-422-7232
# Washington State Patrol 509-682-8090

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 07:25:42 PM »

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110403/bc_chretien_surveillance_pictures_110403/20110403?hub=BritishColumbiaHome
Surveillance images of missing B.C. couple released
April 3, 2011

Mounties have released a series of images of Albert and Rita Chretien, who went missing last month en route to Las Vegas, that confirm Baker City, Oregon as their last known whereabouts.

The pictures also provide a clear view of the clothing the 59-year-old man and his 56-year-old wife were last seen in.
(see slide show at above link)

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 11:53:00 PM »

Penticton couple last seen in Oregon
CBC News Posted: Apr 3, 2011 12:17 PM PT
Updated: Apr 3, 2011 3:23 PM PT

The son of a missing Penticton couple has identified his parents in surveillance video from a service station camera near Baker City, Ore.

Albert Chretien, 59, and his wife, Rita Chretien, 56, have been missing since leaving Canada two weeks ago to go to a convention in Las Vegas.

The last known sighting of them had been at 7 a.m. on March 19 at the Oroville border crossing into Washington state.

On Saturday, their son, Raymond Chretien, reviewed surveillance footage obtained by police. He confirmed it was them in the video.

The video came from a gas station where the couple's credit card was last used at around 2 p.m. on March 19.

Chretien said that in the video, his parents are shown buying snacks at the service station, and that they appear to be fine

<snipped>

MORE:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/04/03/bc-chretiens-missing-oregon.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 12:04:55 AM »

http://www.canada.com/Anguished+family+awaits+word+parents+missing/4550454/story.html

Anguished B.C. family awaits word on parents missing in U.S.
 By Damian Inwood, The Province April 3, 2011

The last trace of the couple was at a gas station on Highway 84 in Baker City, Ore., when their credit card was used at 2:41 p.m., said Raymond.

The family also hired a small Cessna plane on Saturday afternoon to fly the 200 kilometres between Baker City and Boise, Idaho, he added. “There’s a mountain pass and canyon they could have taken,” said Chretien, adding the family may hire a helicopter for further searches Sunday.

His parents were travelling on a four-lane highway that was well-travelled by truckers and the Oregon State Police.

“So, if they’d gone off the road on that highway, we probably would have known a long time ago,” said the missing couple’s son.

“Perhaps they took a little excursion off the side to another little road. They just recently got a GPS unit to put in their vehicle and they may have thought, ‘Let’s just go off here.’

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 10:27:34 AM »

Plane Finds No Trace of Missing Couple
Penticton couple last seen in Oregon.
Last Updated: Monday, April 4th, 2011 | 4:33am PDT

A small plane that flew over the area where a middle-aged Penticton couple is believed to have gone missing in the U-S hasn't turned up any sightings.

Raymond Chretien hired the plane in hopes of getting clues about the condition of his parents, who vanished more than two weeks ago.

<snipped>

http://cfjctv.com/story.php?id=2014

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 10:34:30 AM »

Could they've had an accident where the car stopped off the road?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 11:15:03 AM »

Could they've had an accident where the car stopped off the road?

KittyMom

I also think that this couple went off the road ... down an embankment.

Did Albert fill his tank at the gas station in Baker City, Oregon or ... was it just a snack stop?  At what point would the vehicle run out of gas?  I would imagine that Albert and Rita's son has this figured out and ... this was the span of highway that was search by helicopter.

Could it be that trees may be the reason that the vehicle might not be visible from the air?

What a nightmare!

Janet

_____

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 11:18:13 AM »

I think they did. It happens more often than you think. The vehicle is probably off the road amongst trees and brush and not visible, even from the air.

snipped
Mounties have released a series of images of Albert and Rita Chretien, who went missing last month en route to Las Vegas, that confirm Baker City, Oregon as their last known whereabouts.

The pictures also provide a clear view of the clothing the 59-year-old man and his 56-year-old wife were last seen in.

Albert is seen in black jeans, a khaki dress shirt, black shoes and a black baseball cap with the logo "Rital" in bold, white lettering. He is 5-6 tall, 175-lbs. with blue eyes and brown hair.

Rita is seen in a brown jacket and white blouse with dark leather shoes and a beige mesh purse. She is 5-3 tall with shoulder-length blond hair, blue eyes and glasses.
images at this link too
http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110403/bc_chretien_surveillance_pictures_110403/20110403/?hub=CalgaryHome

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 12:09:36 PM »

It is so important when traveling that contact is made daily with family members giving them at least a general idea in regards to the day's itinerary.  A lot of time lapsed prior to Albert and Rita's son realizing that his parents were missing.

Also ... although hubby and I have yet to bow in regards to a cell phone ... I recognize that there are times that this electronic is not just a convenience but could be a lifesaver.  Prior to taking the grandkids on the boat this summer ... we will have purchased a cell phone plan.

Janet

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 10:04:44 PM »

http://www.chbcnews.ca/story.html?ID=4557781

UPDATE: Family and friends make plea for missing Penticton couple
CHBC News, Kelowna: Monday, April 4, 2011 7:26 PM

It has been 16 days since a Penticton couple were last seen, and on Monday, family and friends held a press conference to plea for help in finding them.

For their family, there is the grim realization that something bad may have happened.

Ray Chretien, the couple’s son, says they were very responsible.

“Wherever they are, they are not safe, we know that,” Chretien said. “They’re not safe. They would contact us.”

It now appears there are just two possibilities: an undetected vehicle crash off a highway somewhere between Baker City and Las Vegas or perhaps the Chretiens are victims of something sinister.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 10:22:44 PM »

It is so important when traveling that contact is made daily with family members giving them at least a general idea in regards to the day's itinerary.  A lot of time lapsed prior to Albert and Rita's son realizing that his parents were missing.

Also ... although hubby and I have yet to bow in regards to a cell phone ... I recognize that there are times that this electronic is not just a convenience but could be a lifesaver.  Prior to taking the grandkids on the boat this summer ... we will have purchased a cell phone plan.

Janet

Yes Janet, it definitely can be a life saver.  I have a cell phone just for emergencies.  I bet one of your kids can add you to their family plan so it would be much cheaper.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 01:22:17 PM »

http://www.theprovince.com/Hotline+launched+search+continues+missing+Penticton+couple/4562209/story.html

Hotline launched as search continues for missing Penticton couple
By Frank Luba, The Province April 5, 2011 9:55 AM

A toll-free U.S./Canada tip line has been established to gather information about a missing Penticton couple.

Anyone knowing anything the disappearance of Albert and Rita Chretien last month is asked to call 1-877-987-8477 and quote the RCMP file number 2011-3395.

On Tuesday, Oregon state police continued their search of highways in the region.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/Hotline+launched+search+continues+missing+Penticton+couple/4562209/story.html#ixzz1Ifbs5So8

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 05:37:39 PM »

U.S. police on alert for missing B.C. couple
April 5, 2011 07:04:00
Petti Fong     
Western Canada Bureau

VANCOUVER—Even for regular drivers familiar with the mountainous terrain near Baker City, Oregon, the foul weather and slippery roads a few weeks ago was treacherously dangerous.

With a cross-border police investigation mounting, clues are starting to emerge over the mysterious disappearance of an Okanagan couple.

Albert and Rita Chretien, who live in Penticton, B.C., were last seen on March 19 as they were heading on a road trip to attend a convention in Las Vegas.

After they failed to return home, concerned family members contacted the RCMP March 31.

Police have been able to track the couple’s movements on that day. They left their Penticton home around 7 a.m. on March 19, crossed the border at Oroville, Washington an hour later and were in the town of Baker City in eastern Oregon by late afternoon.

The Chretien family hired a Cessna plane Saturday to do an aerial surveillance of the area around Baker City, a town of 10,000 people, hoping to find some clues, including skid marks or crevasses where an accident may have happened.

Baker City police chief Wyn Lohner said in an interview Monday that around March 19, when the couple was last spotted in the area, the roads were slick from a particularly rainy period.

“During that time they were here, we had one of our wettest Marches,” said Lohner. “We had rain and snow and the direction that the couple was heading in was in a high desert type region. Our area is very mountainous.”

The distances between towns along that road are far apart, with the next community 65 kilometres in one direction from Baker City and the next nearest town 112 kilometres in the other direction.

<snipped>

MORE
http://mobile.thestar.com/mobile/NEWS/article/969113

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 06:49:36 PM »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/04/05/bc-missing-chretien-penticton.html

Tips aid search for missing B.C. couple
CBC News Posted: Apr 5, 2011 1:58 PM PT Last Updated: Apr 5, 2011 3:01 PM PT

Two RCMP officers from B.C. have been sent south to join U.S. officers searching for a Penticton couple who vanished two and a half weeks ago during a trip to Las Vegas.

"Combined for American and Canadian points, for tips we've received approximately 75 tips on possible sightings. So those again are starting to be worked on, and that's a lot of leg work in itself," said Moskaluk.

In Oregon, troopers are patrolling the highways in three counties in the southeast part of the state

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 10:44:09 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2011/04/royal_canadian_mounted_police_sergeants_join_search_for_british_columbia_couple_last_seen_in_baker_c.html

Royal Canadian Mounted Police sergeants join search for British Columbia couple last seen in Baker City
Published: Tuesday, April 05, 2011, 4:30 PM     Updated: Tuesday, April 05, 2011, 4:33 PM
By Michael Russell, The Oregonian The Oregonian

Two Royal Canadian Mounted Police sergeants arrived in Eastern Oregon Monday to assist in the search for a missing Penicton, B.C., couple last seen buying gas in Baker City.

Authorities learned that the Chretiens asked a Baker City business owner that day about nearby tourist destinations.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 11:00:41 PM »

Baker City becomes HQ for search for missing Penticton couple

Albert and Rita Chretien, 59 and 56 years old, drove into Washington State via Oroville on March 19 in their 2000 Chevy Astro van, with B.C. licence plate 212 CAV.

By Rhiannon Coppin, Vancouver Sun
April 5, 2011 7:10 PM Be the first to post a comment

VANCOUVER — The focus of the search for missing Penticton couple Al and Rita Chretien has shifted to the roads leading from Baker City in Oregon, the site where their trail runs cold.

<snipped>

PHOTOS
http://www.vancouversun.com/Baker+City+becomes+search+missing+Penticton+couple/4564837/story.html

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 11:04:16 PM »

http://www.vancouversun.com/Baker+City+becomes+search+missing+Penticton+couple/4564837/story.html#ixzz1Ihp9RSXj

Baker City becomes HQ for search for missing Penticton couple
By Rhiannon Coppin, Vancouver Sun April 5, 2011 7:10 PM

VANCOUVER — The focus of the search for missing Penticton couple Al and Rita Chretien has shifted to the roads leading from Baker City in Oregon, the site where their trail runs cold.

On Tuesday, the RCMP directed the media to accurate photographs of the missing vehicle, a light brown 2000 Chevy Astro van, with B.C. licence plate 212 CAV.

The two-tone van is a darker tan on the top and a lighter tan on the bottom, with a wind visor on the top of the windshield that is the same colour as the darker tan, police said.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/Baker+City+becomes+search+missing+Penticton+couple/4564837/story.html#ixzz1IhyYa1rJ

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 11:10:23 PM »

Janet, we were reading and posting the same article.  lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.