March 28, 2024, 10:04:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn # 12 (Remains Found) 4/29/13 -  (Read 102721 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2013, 06:43:47 PM »

Thank you texasmom.  We're still waiting for justice for Hailey Dunn.     an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2014, 03:52:19 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Waiting-On-Justice-For-Our-Girl-HD/341139815923339

Billie's latest facebook post.

Billie Jean Dunn
 8 hours ago via mobile
 I beg all pedophiles,child murderers & their families,you must've had an inkling that demon was in there,kill yourselves,save our babies! And shame on your families,who know you best for not getting you placed somewhere where you can't murder babies! Shame on them for ignoring that u have a monster deep down! Is your family proud?! My daughter is dead! You should've taken your own life,your family should've acted on signs,they are just as guilty.
 Like · · Share

She's losing it.   

very late to chime in because Ive been absent a long while as life has had me busy in a few directions....to me this statement by that witch reeks of GUILT

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2014, 12:10:23 AM »

http://www.newswest9.com/story/24961068/petition-signed-to-bring-home-hailey-dunns-remains

Petition Signed to Bring Home Hailey Dunn's Remains
Posted: Mar 12, 2014 10:16 PM CDT
Updated: Mar 12, 2014 10:43 PM CDT

Sunday will mark the one year anniversary that Hailey Dunn's remains were found. The Colorado City cheerleader disappeared just after Christmas 2010.

The family of Hailey Dunn wants a grand jury to either look more closely at the evidence they have or allow the family to bury what's left of Hailey.

On March 16, 2013, Hailey's remains were found less than 20 miles from her home at Lake J.B. Thomas in Snyder. NewsWest 9 spoke with family spokesperson Stacie Campbell who said a petition was started to help speed up the process of bringing Hailey home to lay her to rest.

"The unbelievable outpouring of families of murdered and missing children who really networked with us to get Hailey's signatures. We needed 500 and we got 700. The petition is headed to Scurry County and is going first class," Campbell said.

The petition was started by Michel Gouveia Allen, who was one of the 5,000 members of the website "Hope For Hailey", that's where the initial idea to go ahead with getting better justice for Hailey started.

"The petition says arrest somebody. Convict somebody. Release this baby, let her go home. Let her rest," Campbell said.

NewsWest 9 tried calling Scurry County Sheriff but there was no response from them. 

The petition has been mailed and should be getting there any day.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2014, 10:40:29 AM »

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2014, 08:28:08 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Waiting-On-Justice-For-Our-Girl-HD/341139815923339

Billie's latest facebook post.

Billie Jean Dunn
 8 hours ago via mobile
 I beg all pedophiles,child murderers & their families,you must've had an inkling that demon was in there,kill yourselves,save our babies! And shame on your families,who know you best for not getting you placed somewhere where you can't murder babies! Shame on them for ignoring that u have a monster deep down! Is your family proud?! My daughter is dead! You should've taken your own life,your family should've acted on signs,they are just as guilty.
 Like · · Share

She's losing it.   

very late to chime in because Ive been absent a long while as life has had me busy in a few directions....to me this statement by that witch reeks of GUILT

Cappuccino! Good to see you back. U have been missed...

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2014, 06:05:41 AM »

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2014, 08:56:21 PM »

an angelic monkey

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/story/d/story/four-years-have-passed-since-hailey-dunn-went-miss/52222/5j_4atjsnEucIZnCC043bw

Four Years have Passed since Hailey Dunn went Missing
12/27/2014 05:20 PM   12/27/2014 05:35 PM

December 27th, 2010 was the day Hailey was first reported missing. Initial reports were said Hailey was going to stay with a friend.    The mother of Hailey Dunn says she just wants an arrest to be made to give her daughter the burial she deserves.

"Of course we still don't have her remains and there still hasn't been an arrest. I thought I think a lot of people thought there would be an immediate arrest. I feel like we really need that especially as a family there is a murderer on the loose, number one. Number two, we need justice for my daughter."

There is online prayer vigil on Facebook for anyone wanting to remember Hailey Dunn. The event is called "Hope for Hailey."
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2015, 04:22:57 PM »

http://cbs7.com/multimedia/article_1e68ab74-0a68-11e5-9fda-c30ca31b8705.html

Four Years Later, Community Seeks Justice for Hailey Dunn

Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2015 10:16 pm | Updated: 11:42 am, Thu Jun 4, 2015.
 Lauren Lanmon

COLORADO CITY – In 2013, Hailey Dunn’s remains were found at Lake J.B. Thomas in Scurry County, an arrest for her murder has yet to be made. Hailey was 14-years-old when she went missing back in 2010 from her home in Colorado City.

Last Saturday, Hailey would have walked the stage and graduated high school.

The search for Hailey may have ended two years ago, but for community members and her friends that wasn’t enough for closure.

On Wednesday, they tell CBS 7 they feel that the person who murdered Hailey is getting away with it.

Four years after Hailey Dunn’s disappearance, her childhood home stands rather silent, an almost somber remembrance of what was happening two years ago when the news spread that Hailey’s remains had been found.

“I drove by here the other day in fact, it’s sad. It’s a sad remind of how wrong everything went that day,” said Cat Geiger, a woman who searched day and night for Hailey Dunn.

Two weeks ago, Hailey’s mom Billie Dunn was called in to meet with Scurry County investigators.

“The case is still very much active, he’s got pictures of Hailey up in his office,” said Dunn.

Dunn says investigators continue processing new evidence, and left the DA’s office with newfound hope.

“I did leave there feeling like I am going to see a conviction, and that it is in grasp now. It’s within reach, it’s not so far off,” said Dunn.

CBS 7 did reach out to investigators in both Mitchell and Scurry County, however our calls were not returned.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2015, 05:05:31 PM »

http://www.ktxs.com/news/hailey-dunn-remembered-at-colorado-city-graduation2/33384146

Hailey Dunn remembered at Colorado City graduation
KTXS News Anchor George Levesque By George Levesque, Managing Editor/Anchor, glevesque@ktxs.com
POSTED: 5:04 PM Jun 03 2015   UPDATED: 7:42 AM Jun 04 2015

COLORADO CITY, Texas -

The 2015 graduating class at Colorado High School found a solemn way to honor and remember a classmate lost almost five years ago -- Hailey Dunn.

Dunn's classmates from Colorado Middle School put a cap, gown and picture of her in an empty chair among the graduates Friday night.

Her remains were found in 2013 in Scurry County. No one has been charged with her murder.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2015, 06:54:53 PM »

http://www.ktxs.com/news/hailey-dunn-remembered-at-colorado-city-graduation2/33384146

Hailey Dunn remembered at Colorado City graduation
KTXS News Anchor George Levesque By George Levesque, Managing Editor/Anchor, glevesque@ktxs.com
POSTED: 5:04 PM Jun 03 2015   UPDATED: 7:42 AM Jun 04 2015

COLORADO CITY, Texas -

The 2015 graduating class at Colorado High School found a solemn way to honor and remember a classmate lost almost five years ago -- Hailey Dunn.

Dunn's classmates from Colorado Middle School put a cap, gown and picture of her in an empty chair among the graduates Friday night.

Her remains were found in 2013 in Scurry County. No one has been charged with her murder.

Hailey's classmates remembrance  

We're still waiting for justice for Hailey.  May it come soon.    

(Modified to fix the monkey heart)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2015, 07:20:39 AM »

http://www.newswest9.com/story/30387826/special-report-justice-for-hailey

SPECIAL REPORT: Justice for Hailey
Posted: Oct 29, 2015 4:29 PM CST
Updated: Oct 29, 2015 6:23 PM CST
By Staff Report, NewsWest 9

A burning question hangs in the air, not only in Colorado City, but across West Texas.  When will we know what really happened to Hailey Dunn? 

"I don't think I've ever asked for help, actually," Haley's father, Clint recalls. "I'm asking for help now."

A lot of people have been searching and waiting for an answer to that question,  but probably none as anxiously as Hailey's father, Clint.

"Man, that was such a hectic time. I didn't know what to do. It had never crossed my mind that this would ever happen. I wasn't prepared for it, and i was running around like a chicken with his head cut off."

His daughter's disappearance sent Clint on a downward spiral into an abyss that, at the time, had no escape.

In the midst of all the darkness, Clint never lost sight of Hailey.

"I was very depressed, very depressed and feeling of guilt that i didn't protect her," says Clint. "I was her greatest protector and I felt like I failed there. It absolutely knocked me down."

Hailey was only 13 when her mother, Billie Dunn, reported her missing December 28, 2010. 

Investigators say the last person to see Hailey was her mother's then live-in boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, on the afternoon of December 27. Billie and Shawn have their own versions of what happened that day.

Sworn affidavits, filed in the months after Hailey's disappearance, say nothing was missing from her room; not her money, her favorite clothes, or even her new ipod. 

Hailey's brother, David, said she was playing a video game in the living room when he left the house around 9 p.m. on Sunday, December 26. 

Clint recalls the last time he saw Hailey, too. "It was the day after Christmas. She spent the night with me on Christmas night, and she had slept in until around 11 that morning.  I was in the living room, watching TV.  She briefly came to me and told me she was going home. I gave her a hug and sent her on her way. [Billie] thought she was at Mary Beth's. Then we found out she hadn't been to Mary Beth's."

Hailey was very familiar with the area, having lived in Colorado City all of her life. It's not likely for her to have gotten lost, and it was not like her to just take off without telling anyone, especially her mother. 

Even so, no one in the neighborhood reported seeing Hailey take a walk that day. 

For Clint, things just weren't adding up.  he says Colorado City Police were telling him Hailey had simply run away. 

"Everybody told the police, 'That's not even in her vocabulary.' She's not a runaway.  She did not run away with anybody. She did not run away at all.  We stressed that to police,  but it still took them seven days to see that this wasn't a runaway. "

As the investigation continued, police started noticing inconsistencies in Shawn Adkins' statements, especially around the day of Hailey's disappearance. Shawn soon became a person of interest. 

One year went by, then two, and still no new leads in the case. Folks in Colorado City remained hopeful but that proved to be harder for some than others.

"After a year had passed, I was thinking she was gone. I felt it. I was exhausted, absolutely exhausted."

Then, in March 2013, police got a possible break. 

Human remains were found near Lake J.B. Thomas, near Snyder, in Scurry County. That's not far from Colorado City. 

If they turned out to be Hailey, it would be the end of one nightmare and the start of another for Clint. "The first thing I did was picture my daughter dead, and that absolutely destroyed me when i found out she was gone.  There was no finding her alive."

If it was not Hailey, everything would go on as it had for the two years, Clint thought.  It was a double-edged sword.

"I was relieved she wasn't locked up in a cage the whole time, or still being tortured and raped. So, it somewhat relieved me in a way to know my daughter wasn't suffering."

Then, in April, everyone's worst fears were realized. The remains found were positively identified as Hailey. It was a blow that, try as he might, Clint was not ready for. 

"It was a hard knock. It was a hard punch to the face. Before the body had been sent off to be examined and verified, yeah, I knew it was her." 

The five year anniversary of Hailey's disappearance is coming up. Her remains were found and identified more than two years ago. One would think the case was close to being wrapped up.

It frustrates Clint to think that his daughter's disappearace and death may not be any closer to being solved today than before.

"The case has gone from law enforcement to law enforcement. Each time, they start all back over on the case and end up no where. Every time."

However, one thing hasn't changed. There is still an urgent cry and an insatiable thirst to find justice for hailey.   

"I'm just going to say it like this: we all know who did this," Clint said. "It's not fair that this type of person gets to go free after doing such a horrible thing to such an innocent person."

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2015, 10:50:05 AM »

Yes, we all know who is responsible.

One of the PI types like in the Kelly Bordeaux (sp) case needs to get on this case.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2015, 09:28:51 PM »

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Texas-Cold-Case-Unit-Probes-Death-Of-Teen-Who-Disappeared-In-2010-362660431.html
Texas Cold Case Unit Probes Death Of Teen Who Disappeared In 2010
December 16, 2015

he Texas Department of Public Safety and the Texas Ranger Unsolved Crimes Investigation Team asked for the public’s help Wednesday in solving the murder of a 13-year-old middle school cheerleader who disappeared just after Christmas in 2010.

Hailey Dunn of Colorado City disappeared on Dec. 27, 2010 after leaving her mother’s house to visit a friend.

Her remains were found on March 16, 2013 near Lake J.B. Thomas in Scurry County.

The eighth grader, who was active in cheerleading, sports and band, was the focus of months of intensive searches in and around Colorado City and surrounding fields and landfills.

More than 100 billboards featuring her picture and information about the case were set up along interstates in West Texas and other states.

In June 2011, her mother, Billie Jean Dunn was sentenced to probation after pleading no contest to lying about her boyfriend's whereabouts when officers sought him in March 2011.

She received a 90-day jail term, probated for one year, on a charge of making a false report to law enforcement.

Dunn was arrested March 17, 2011, and charged with lying about the whereabouts of Shawn Adkins, who was later found at her home.

Dunn and Adkins have both denied involvement in Hailey's disappearance.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2015, 11:24:22 PM »

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/breaking-news/hailey-dunn-adkins-still-a-suspect-investigators-following-leads

Hailey Dunn: Adkins Still a Suspect, Investigators Following Leads
Published 12/17 2015 04:43PM
Updated 12/18 2015 08:54AM

The Texas Department of Public Safety and the Texas Rangers recently featured Hailey Dunn as part of their new 'unsolved crimes' program designed generate new leads for cases in the state that have gone cold.

Billie Dunn, Hailey's mother, spoke to BigCountryHomepage after her daughter's case was featured, saying, "I think it was a good idea to get the public's interest again. It's been almost five years. They need to get Hailey. . . or make sure Hailey's face is still being circulated and the story is still being circulated."

DPS says Billie is contacting investigators for updates regularly, but unfortunately, there's still not much information on who killed Hailey Dunn.

Adkins is still a suspect in crime, according to DPS who claims they are investigating other leads as well - tips of all kinds are coming in from individuals claiming to know what really happened to Hailey.

Investigators told KTAB/KRBC that Hailey's remains did provide information that's aiding their search for justice, but that information cannot be released without compromising further investigation.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2016, 10:08:18 PM »

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/hailey-dunns-former-home-demolished

Hailey Dunn's Former Home Demolished
Family Member Wanted to Save Home
Published 03/21 2016 10:13PM
Updated 03/21 2016 10:13PM
March 21, 2016

What was once Hailey Dunn's home will soon be a vacant lot. According to Colorado City's City manager, David Hoover, Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, and her former boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, left the home about three years ago. Since they left, the city took over the home. Hoover says they have tried to maintain the house, but it became a hot spot for squatters. He says drugs continued to make their way in and out of the home, which posed a danger for the community.

"We've tried to close it several times, and we've gone through it and found drug paraphernalia," Hoover says. "We just decided it was better for our community if we go ahead and get rid of the house."

Hoover says the home became such a safety hazard that the city decided not to salvage any of the scrap metal, or allow the public to salvage any of it.

Hailey Dunn's father, Clint Dunn reached out to the city to try and save what was once his daughters home.

"Clint came back four or five months ago," Hoover says.

He says Clint Dunn was "wondering what it would take to save it, but wasn't willing to do what it would take."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2017, 10:18:47 PM »

an angelic monkey

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/main-news/remembering-hailey-dunn-6-years-later-billie-dunn-speaks-out/632337164

Remembering Hailey Dunn: 6 Years Later, Billie Dunn Speaks Out
Published 12/27 2016 10:36PM
Updated 12/27 2016 10:36PM

(KTAB) - It was six years ago on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 that we first heard the name Hailey Dunn. She was the 13-year-old cheerleader that was reported missing from Colorado City in 2010.

Search efforts for the missing teen spanned the course of three years. In 2013, Hailey's remains were found in a dried up lake bed at Lake J.B. Thomas in Scurry County. On the anniversary of her disappearance, Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, sat down with KTAB to talk about the emotional anniversary.

"It's the same as every day," Dunn said. "I feel sadness over not having her home yet. I feel anger over not having an arrest yet. I feel anger over somebody not having any remorse to confess. It's always in the back of my mind," she continued. "I just try to keep very busy."

Billie said although Hailey's killer is still at large, she still has hope that justice will be served.

"I still want to believe every time they tell me there's going to be an arrest soon," she said. "I keep that faith."

https://www.facebook.com/Hailey.Dunn.OfficialHopeForHailey/

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2017, 10:25:22 PM »

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/main-news/texas-rangers-adkins-still-suspect-in-hailey-dunn-murder/633285952

Texas Rangers: Adkins Still Suspect in Hailey Dunn Murder
Published 12/29 2016 10:47AM
Updated 12/29 2016 12:04PM

COLORADO CITY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) - The Texas Rangers confirm they are still considering Shawn Adkins a suspect in the murder and disappearance of Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn.

Investigators with the Texas Department of Public Safety told KTAB and KRBC they were still considering Adkins a suspect in 2015, though they are investigating other leads as well as tips of all kinds continue to come in from individuals claiming to know what really happened to Hailey.

Hailey's case remains the Texas Rangers Unsolved Homicides website over one year after it was first featured.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2017, 08:42:37 PM »

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/state-regional/hailey-dunn-case-in-national-spotlight-once-again/637373267

Hailey Dunn Case in National Spotlight Once Again
Published 01/08 2017 05:34PM
Updated 01/08 2017 05:34PM

ABILENE, TX

A Big Country murder will be in the national spotlight once again. Hailey Dunn went missing six years ago and her mother Billie Dunn has remained vigilant in finding her killer.

Dunn was recently back in the Big Country recording a nationally syndicated show called "Crime Watch Daily."

"I think Hailey's killer is going to see her face again six years later," stated Billie Dunn, "and know that we're not stopping."

Hailey's remains still sit in a crime lab waiting for the day a murder charge is announced.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2017, 07:09:33 PM »

an angelic monkey

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Family-to-lay-Hailey-Dunn-to-rest-after-six-years-411579165.html

Family to lay Hailey Dunn to rest after six years

Posted: Mon 4:52 PM, Jan 23, 2017  |  Updated: Mon 5:00 PM, Jan 23, 2017

COLORADO CITY -- Hailey Dunn's remains are being released to her family after nearly four years.

According to Billie Jean Dunn's lawyer, John Young, the University of North Texas Medical Center released her daughter's remains just after noon Monday.

Young tells CBS 7 that Hailey will be laid to rest in Luling, Texas outside of Austin though the exact time and date have not been set.

Hailey first went missing from her Colorado City home on December 28th, 2010. An arrest in her case has yet to be made.

Sean Adkins, Hailey's mother's ex live-in boyfriend, remains the only suspect in the case.

Young says Scurry County District Attorney Ben Smith and investigator John McDaniel deserve great credit for helping move the case forward and allowing Hailey's family some closure by having her remains released.

According to Billie Jean Dunn the funeral will be a private family gathering.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2017, 07:50:42 PM »

Video in three parts at the link:

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/01/23/cold-case-suspect-named-but-texas-girls-murder-remains-unsolved/

01/23/2017 1:27 pm PST Melissa McCarty
COLD CASE: SUSPECT NAMED, BUT TEXAS GIRL'S MURDER REMAINS UNSOLVED
A mother checks on her teenager before she leaves for work. Everything appears to be OK. That girl will never been seen again.

Hailey Dunn was just 13 years old when she was reported missing. She was last seen alive on December 27, 2010. But what happened in the hours before would be a troubling mystery -- one with several different stories.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.