March 28, 2024, 02:53:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn # 12 (Remains Found) 4/29/13 -  (Read 102725 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2017, 07:51:11 PM »

an angelic monkey

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Family-to-lay-Hailey-Dunn-to-rest-after-six-years-411579165.html

Family to lay Hailey Dunn to rest after six years

Posted: Mon 4:52 PM, Jan 23, 2017  |  Updated: Mon 5:00 PM, Jan 23, 2017

COLORADO CITY -- Hailey Dunn's remains are being released to her family after nearly four years.

According to Billie Jean Dunn's lawyer, John Young, the University of North Texas Medical Center released her daughter's remains just after noon Monday.

Young tells CBS 7 that Hailey will be laid to rest in Luling, Texas outside of Austin though the exact time and date have not been set.

Hailey first went missing from her Colorado City home on December 28th, 2010. An arrest in her case has yet to be made.

Sean Adkins, Hailey's mother's ex live-in boyfriend, remains the only suspect in the case.

Young says Scurry County District Attorney Ben Smith and investigator John McDaniel deserve great credit for helping move the case forward and allowing Hailey's family some closure by having her remains released.

According to Billie Jean Dunn the funeral will be a private family gathering.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2017, 06:55:42 PM »

sorry if this was posted b4, i was wondering about that
boat, and if anyone knows if Hailey and her mother were
ever on that boat,or any boat with sean

Clint asked about it
March 21, 2013
UPDATE 11/12/15
http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2013/03/21/the-latest-on-hailey-dunn/

boat
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8_l5z0gp3gg/hqdefault.jpg

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2017, 12:41:51 PM »

Hailey's story was on "Crime Watch Daily" yesterday.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2017, 01:26:42 AM »

thanks sister, @ 7:53 Hailey is in a row boat
https://crimewatchdaily.com/videos/0-hl49ct80/

all parts crime watch
https://crimewatchdaily.com/search/?q=Hailey+dunn

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #104 on: January 30, 2017, 12:40:59 PM »

https://victimsnewsonline.com/2017/01/hailey-dunn-laid-to-rest-without-her-father-present/

Updated 11:35 a.m., January 30, 2017
@victimsnews1

(VNO) — According to news reports, Hailey Darlene Dunn, the 13-year-old west Texan whose 2010 disappearance grabbed the hearts of the nation, was finally laid to rest yesterday in a private family ceremony.

A ceremony that did not include her father.

Clinton Dunn, Hailey’s father, learned about her funeral by reading an article on social media. Contrary to what some outlets are reporting, Mr. Dunn was not present at the funeral: he was not invited by his ex-wife, nor was he provided any information about where it was to take place.

All Clint Dunn knows is that his daughter is now buried in a double plot meant for his daughter and ex-wife, in Luling, Texas, just outside of Austin. He learned of that, too, by reading about it on social media.

I’m worried about getting justice for Hailey, and Billie Jean is worried about getting her remains, burying her, and issuing press releases about it”, Clint Dunn said of his ex-wife. The problem is, Hailey will never ‘truly rest’ until she has justice. I almost feel like, ‘let Billie Jean have this one, and soak up the attention’, because I’m the one who’s going to be in Court seeking justice for Hailey. Billie Jean might get to be there, too, whether she likes it or not'”.
Two weeks ago, Clint Dunn received a phone call from Scurry County District Attorney Investigator John McDaniel, notifying him that Hailey’s remains were ready to be released. Upon receiving that call, Dunn’s advocate called a local funeral home in Big Spring, where he lives, to begin making arrangements for her transfer and cremation.

A few days later, Dunn received a second call from McDaniel, alerting him that the remains had been released to his ex-wife, Billie Jean Ostrander-Dunn. According to McDaniel, at the time of her disappearance, Ostrander-Dunn had custody of Hailey; however, after her disappearance, Child Protective Services intervened, removed Hailey’s brother from the home, and Ostrander-Dunn lost her rights to both Hailey and her brother.

Hailey is not from Luling”, Clint Dunn told VNO. “Why was she buried there?  Why wasn’t she laid to rest in Colorado City, where she grew up, where her friends and family can visit her? She was buried in Luling for Billie Jean’s benefit. Hailey didn’t even want to be buried. Why didn’t Billie Jean know that? And if she did know, why didn’t she respect Hailey’s wishes? She wanted to be cremated, just like her Nana. We tried to make to honor her wishes by cremating her, but that wasn’t allowed to happen”.
Within hours of that notification, Billie Dunn’s attorney, John Young, issued a press release about his client receiving the remains. In that release, he profusely thanked Investigator McDaniel for releasing Hailey’s remains to her mother. 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2018, 07:40:37 PM »

I walked the pastures looking for Hailey in the weeks after she went missing.  I was still hurting over the lack of justice for Caylee, and so when Hailey went missing in my geographical backyard, I made the trip and did my best to help bring her home.

I knew from the search instructions we were given that this was a recovery, not a search for a living child.  I am sorry our efforts weren't more successful, but glad she was finally brought home.

The fact that she hadn't received justice still breaks my heart, though.

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2019, 09:52:19 PM »

"...case's jurisdiction is part of the problem..."  Frustrating.  

https://www.reporternews.com/story/news/2019/12/27/father-clint-dunn-seeks-answers-death-hailey-dunn-colorado-city-texas-2010-cold-case/2752190001/

Texas father still looking for answers, justice in 2010 death of Hailey Dunn
Published 4:07 p.m. CT Dec. 27, 2019 | Updated 6:53 p.m. CT Dec. 27, 2019

The disappearance of 13-year-old middle school student Hailey Dunn in Colorado City hits its nine-year anniversary this month with her father, Clint Dunn, still looking for answers.

"I feel like I'm left in the darkness because law enforcement is not communicating with me at all," said Clint Dunn, speaking via telephone this week. "... This needs to move forward."

Hailey's death remains unsolved, though her remains were found in 2013 in Scurry County.

Investigators named Shawn Adkins, the live-in boyfriend of Hailey's mother, Billie Jean Dunn, at the time of the teen's disappearance, the primary person of interest, according to Reporter-News archives. He has not been charged with a crime in the case.

Clint Dunn said Thursday that law enforcement officials had indicated to him that when a body was found, an arrest would be made.

"I want to know why that hasn't happened and who do I need to get in here to try to help," he said.

Clint Dunn said he has been told the case's jurisdiction is part of the problem. 

"Their hands are tied is what they literally told me," he said, referring to conversations about the case's status in Mitchell County.

"It's not their jurisdiction because the body was found in Scurry County and not Mitchell County," he said. "They're sitting there telling me on the phone that if it was in their hands that they would be going to court right away, that they would be setting the court date."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2021, 08:05:34 PM »

Hopefully, here we go!  Justice for Hailey!!!  an angelic monkey

https://ktxs.com/news/crime-watch/arrest-made-in-the-disappearance-and-murder-of-hailey-dunn

Person of interest in Hailey Dunn murder case arrested
by KTXS StaffMonday, June 14th 2021

BIG SPRING, Texas — Shawn Casey Adkins has been arrested as a person of interest in the murder of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn, confirmed by private investigator and court documents.

Adkins was released from Howard County to another agency. Howard County Jail would not confirm what agency.

KTXS reached out to Mitchell County Sheriff, Patrick Toombs, he refused to comment. He told our reporters all information would have to come from the Nolan County District Attorney.

Hailey Dunn's mother told us that law enforcement had not been in contact with her.

Adkins has long been a person of interest in the case, Dunn was found dead in 2013.

Adkins is currently being held in Howard County Jail on a $2 million bond.

KTXS is working to confirm if the arrest was made in relation to the murder.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2021, 08:08:19 PM »

https://www.yourbasin.com/news/arrest-made-in-death-of-hailey-dunn/

Investigator: Arrest made in death of Hailey Dunn
NEWS
Posted: Jun 14, 2021 / 05:26 PM CDT / Updated: Jun 14, 2021 / 05:42 PM CDT

BIG SPRING, Texas (Nexstar)- Big Spring police have arrested Shawn Casey Adkins, 35, in the death of Hailey Dunn, according to a private investigator working closely with the case.

Dunn, a Colorado City teen, went missing in 2010.

Her body was found in a remote area of Scurry County in March of 2013.

Adkins, who was dating Dunn’s mom at the time of her disappearance, had been considered a suspect at the time of Dunn’s disappearance.

Monday, Adkins was booked into Howard County Jail for murder. He is being held on a $2 million bond.

This is a developing story, we will update this story as more information becomes available.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2021, 08:16:42 PM »

https://vinelink.com/classic/#/searchResults/1

Offender Name:ADKINS, SHAWN CASEY
Custody Status:In Custody
Race:Unknown
Contact Facility:
Registration for notification is not currently available for this offender.
Offender ID:0114
Date of Birth:06/30/1985
Additional Information:

HOWARD COUNTY JAIL
Address 1:300 Main Street
Address 2:
City:BIG SPRINGS
State/Province:TX
Zip Code:79720
County:HOWARD
Phone:(432) 264-2244

https://txhowardodyprod.tylerhost.net/PublicAccess/JailingDetail.aspx?JailingID=91421

Booking #: 52906-2021   Big Spring Police Department
Facility:   Booked: 06/14/2021   Released: 06/14/2021
Name   adkins, shawn casey   Desc          
Alias      Hair   
SO #   0114   Eyes   
Address   
Warrant #   Charge   Issuing Auth   Offense Date   Bond/Type   Fine/Crt Costs   Disposition
Other Agency Hold   MURDER   BSPD      
Surety Bond
Released to other Agency

« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 08:20:46 PM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2021, 08:47:32 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=287567316384042&id=107975951009847

Julianna Russ
3 hours ago
Shawn Casey Adkins was booked on a $2 MILLION bond for murder by the Big Spring Police Department on Monday.
READ MORE: https://trib.al/uYUnUI9

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: June 15, 2021, 12:40:37 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=341680570853000&set=a.257505422603849

Tatum Guinn

#UPDATE: New mugshot of Shawn Adkins released by Mitchell County. His bond still sits at $2 million.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: June 15, 2021, 04:15:43 PM »

https://www.newswest9.com/amp/article/news/crime/shawn-adkins-arrested-murder-hailey-dunn-person-of-interest/513-74e20390-f7b3-4d95-8447-c870e38afae7

Shawn Adkins arrested for the murder of Hailey Dunn
A warrant for his arrest came from the Nolan County District Attorney's Office.

Author: NewsWest 9
Published: 11:52 AM CDT June 15, 2021
Updated: 11:52 AM CDT June 15, 2021

HOWARD COUNTY, Texas — Shawn Adkins, 35, has been arrested and charged with the murder of Hailey Dunn.

According to jail records, Adkins was booked into the Howard County Jail on June 14. The Howard County Sheriff's Office reports the Nolan County District Attorney's Office issued the warrant for his arrest.

According to the Mitchell County Sheriff's Office, Adkins has been transferred to the Mitchell County Jail.

Adkins' bail is set at $2-million.

The Texas Rangers officially confirmed Adkins as the one who murder Dunn.

Adkins is linked to a more than a decade old case out of Colorado City. He was the boyfriend Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie Dunn, back when she was reported missing in December of 2010.

More information on Adkins' arrest is expected to be released Tuesday.

Who was Hailey Dunn?
Hailey Dunn was a student at Colorado City Middle School. She was a cheerleader and played basketball and softball. She was described as a loving, caring, outgoing teen.

She was just 13-years-old when she disappeared. Her death shook the community of Colorado City.

When Hailey Went Missing
The day after Christmas in 2010, Hailey told her mother that she was going to her father's house and then planned to spend the night with a friend. She never arrived.

Court documents state that investigators believed Adkins was the last person to have seen Hailey.

Nearly three years later, Hailey's remains were found in Scurry County in March of 2013, near Lake J.B. Thomas. That's just 25 miles north from where she first went missing and on land owned by the Adkins family.

Adkins' Link to the Case
Through the years, court documents have offered disturbing details about the disappearance of Hailey Dunn.

2011 court documents from Mitchell County indicate that law enforcement were looking into whether Hailey's mother and Adkins had something to do with Hailey's disappearance.

According to an affidavit, investigators noticed numerous inconsistencies in statements made by Adkins and reported suspicious behavior by Adkins on and around the date of Hailey's disappearance.

Adkins was the only person of interest named in the case. He was never officially considered a suspect by authorities.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2021, 07:59:49 PM »

Confirmed....waiting for justice!   

https://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/local-news/hailey-dunn-murder-case-heres-what-the-prosecutor-said-on-tuesday/
Hailey Dunn murder case: here’s what the prosecutor said on Tuesday
Posted: Jun 15, 2021 / 02:53 PM CDT / Updated: Jun 15, 2021 / 03:05 PM CDT

COLORADO CITY, Texas — District Attorney Richard Thompson on Tuesday issued a brief statement after an arrest was made in the murder of Hailey Dunn.

The following is the full text of the statement from Thompson.

The 32nd Judicial District Attorney’s Office would like to confirm that Shawn Adkins has been arrested in connection to the murder of Hailey Dunn.

Our office has not and will not be releasing any details of this case. Information will be released by public record and court proceedings, in due process. This has been a multi-county and multi-agency effort and is still under investigation.

Any statements made that have not been provided by the 32nd Judicial District Attorney’s Office, have not been made by our direction.

Our office believes the integrity of this case should be preserved until a time that it can be properly presented m a court of law.

Yours very truly, Richard Thompson
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2021, 08:18:57 PM »

Phone interview...

https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/hailey-dunns-mother-says-shes-so-elated-and-so-relieved-arrest-was-made-in-daughters-murder/

Hailey Dunn’s mother says she’s ‘so elated and so relieved’ arrest was made in daughter’s murder
by: Joey Hollingsworth
Posted: Jun 14, 2021 / 06:13 PM CDT / Updated: Jun 15, 2021 / 01:30 PM CDT

AUSTIN (KTAB/KRBC) — The mother of Hailey Dunn says she’s “so elated and so relieved” that an arrest has been made in her daughter’s murder.

Billie Dunn, Hailey’s mother, says law enforcement didn’t contact her to tell her about the arrest, and that she was alerted to it by the BigCountryHomepage.com app push alert.

Investigator: Arrest made in murder of Hailey Dunn, teen who went missing in 2010

“First and foremost, I’m so elated and I’m so relieved that it’s finally happened,” Dunn told BigCountryHomepage.com in an exclusive phone interview late Monday afternoon.

Dunn said she’s had dreams where Hailey comes home and she is still 13, and that when she heard the news, the first thing she wanted to do was go to Hailey’s grave.

“I just want to run to the cemetery and sit with my baby,” Dunn said.

Clinton Dunn, father of Hailey Dunn said he hopes justice comes in the courtroom.

“Right now, there are no words to define how I feel. We will let the trial speak the truth. Thank you to everyone who searched for Hailey, and to those who fought tirelessly for an arrest. Hopefully, true justice will come in the courtroom,” said Clinton Dunn.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2021, 04:35:38 PM »

https://www.yourbasin.com/news/dps-says-dna-evidence-led-to-arrest-of-shawn-adkins/

DPS says DNA evidence led to arrest of Shawn Adkins
NEWS
Posted: Jun 16, 2021 / 12:36 PM CDT / Updated: Jun 16, 2021 / 12:37 PM CDT

AUSTIN (Nexstar)- More than a decade after she was last seen alive, a person has been charged in the cold case slaying of Mitchell County eighth-grader Hailey Dunn.

Shawn Casey Adkins, 35, of Big Spring, was arrested, June 14, in Big Spring and charged with one count of murder in the death of 13-year-old Dunn.

Dunn was last seen on Dec. 27, 2010. Her mother reported her missing the next day. Despite a search, there was no sign of Dunn until March 16, 2013, when her remains were found near Lake JB Thomas in Scurry County.

Adkins had been a suspect in the case, but was never charged. At the time of Dunn’s death, he was the live-in boyfriend of Dunn’s mother. The circumstances surrounding Dunn’s disappearance is what led authorities to Adkins initially. Ultimately, though, the investigation stalled for lack of new evidence.

In 2020, the district attorney for the 32nd Judicial District, Ricky Thompson, consulted with the Texas Rangers Unsolved Crimes Investigation Program regarding the case, and the Rangers took a new look into the investigation. The Rangers interviewed several people, and Adkins was identified as the suspect in Dunn’s slaying.

A search warrant was obtained to collect Adkins’ DNA. After samples were collected on June 13, an arrest warrant was obtained and Adkins was arrested and taken to the Howard County Jail in Big Spring.

He was then transferred to the Mitchell County Detention Center. Bond was set at $2 million.

The investigation into the case continues.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2022, 08:34:26 PM »

https://www.kcbd.com/2022/01/03/shawn-adkins-indicted-murder-tampering-with-evidence-charges-hailey-dunn-case/

Shawn Adkins indicted on murder, tampering with evidence charges in Hailey Dunn case
By KCBD Staff
Published: Jan. 3, 2022 at 12:44 PM CST|Updated: Jan. 3, 2022 at 1:52 PM CST

LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - Eleven years after the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn in Colorado City, the longtime person of interest in the case, Shawn Casey Adkins, has been indicted on charges of murder and tampering with physical evidence by intentionally and knowingly concealing a human corpse, according to court records.

Dunn disappeared in December of 2010 when she was just 13 years old. Nearly three years later her body was found near Lake J.B. Thomas in Scurry County.

The indictments came down on Dec. 30, 2021, in the 32nd Judicial District Court and show Shawn Casey Adkins is accused of striking Hailey Dunn in the head with an unknown object causing her death on Dec. 26, 2010. This is the first mention of a cause of death from any official or court document since Hailey’s body was found.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2023, 07:50:09 PM »

Trial date is currently set for April 11!

https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/crime/document-database-115-pages-of-pretrial-paperwork-filed-in-the-murder-of-hailey-dunn-adkins-set-for-trial-in-april/

Document Database: 115 pages of pretrial paperwork filed in the murder of Hailey Dunn, Adkins set for trial in April
by: Erica Garner
Posted: Jan 19, 2023 / 03:53 PM CST
Updated: Jan 19, 2023 / 04:07 PM CST

ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – One hundred fifteen pages of pretrial paperwork has been filed in the murder of Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn as suspect Shawn Adkins is set to stand trial later this year.

A final pretrial hearing has been scheduled for Adkins in Nolan County February 10, ahead of the trial, which is currently set for April 11.

Adkins’ attorney has been hard at work filing pretrial motions, largely related to discovery of evidence, in connection to the murder.

A brief summary of each document filed in the case can be read below, followed by a compilation of all 115-pages worth of pretrial documents obtained by KTAB and KRBC:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.