April 30, 2024, 08:46:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #592 3/22 - 3/26/2007  (Read 99155 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #200 on: March 23, 2007, 07:10:17 PM »

Anna - about a week ago I decided to purchase some "healthier" snacks for myself to quickly heat up.  I found some Pilgrim's Pride Eat Well Stay Healthy KIDS chicken breast nuggets.  Frozen and heat up in the microwave.  They are breaded and have fairly low sodium.

Everytime I ate them I'd get a stomach ache.  Now I'm wondering if there's a possibility that other foods could be contaminated in a similar manner.
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #201 on: March 23, 2007, 07:22:26 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Anna - about a week ago I decided to purchase some "healthier" snacks for myself to quickly heat up.  I found some Pilgrim's Pride Eat Well Stay Healthy KIDS chicken breast nuggets.  Frozen and heat up in the microwave.  They are breaded and have fairly low sodium.

Everytime I ate them I'd get a stomach ache.  Now I'm wondering if there's a possibility that other foods could be contaminated in a similar manner.

For the last 5 years every time I eat store bought chicken I get terribly ill,, and I MEAN ill, a few times I thought I would just die in the bathroom, dizzy, crampy, and just in pain. Now I refuse to eat anything with chicken in it. I can't eat eggs either, but that progressed over 20 years and increased so bad that I don't go even have the desire. It's bad too..I LOVE chicken and egss.

But I often wondered, if perhaps slowly we are being "experiments" to find tolerence levels. I have a lower tolerance than many people with drugs and meds, Gawd I am still on the stupid steroids from my allergic reaction to antibiotics last week lol. Tomorry will be my last day.
 I been in contact with a herbologist, I am going the natural way, the hell with meds and drugs.

This spring I plan to order in some chickens to grow.

Oh talking of growing, Spring has officially sprung at my house, My pussywillows are budding and the rabbit got moved out to his outdoor hutch. That's always a sign of spring for me lol.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #202 on: March 23, 2007, 07:27:10 PM »

Shocked  Shocked
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #203 on: March 23, 2007, 07:39:07 PM »

Quote from: "Seamonkey"

For the last 5 years every time I eat store bought chicken I get terribly ill,, and I MEAN ill, a few times I thought I would just die in the bathroom, dizzy, crampy, and just in pain. Now I refuse to eat anything with chicken in it. I can't eat eggs either, but that progressed over 20 years and increased so bad that I don't go even have the desire. It's bad too..I LOVE chicken and egss.

But I often wondered, if perhaps slowly we are being "experiments" to find tolerence levels. I have a lower tolerance than many people with drugs and meds, Gawd I am still on the stupid steroids from my allergic reaction to antibiotics last week lol. Tomorry will be my last day.
 I been in contact with a herbologist, I am going the natural way, the hell with meds and drugs.

This spring I plan to order in some chickens to grow.

Oh talking of growing, Spring has officially sprung at my house, My pussywillows are budding and the rabbit got moved out to his outdoor hutch. That's always a sign of spring for me lol.

Seamonkey - certain preservatives can bother me, also milk.  I just found it interresting that the chicken nuggets are covered with a wheat breading.  Who is their supplier?  Makes you wonder.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #204 on: March 23, 2007, 07:50:54 PM »

Seamonkey - certain preservatives can bother me, also milk.  I just found it interresting that the chicken nuggets are covered with a wheat breading.  Who is their supplier?  Makes you wonder.

My husband is a celiac, which means he's not supposed to consume any wheat or oat gluten. If he does he gets immediately sick, and if he keeps doing it, he will become anemic. It could also leave him susceptible to stomach cancer. He walked into the living room just as the newscaster was talking about poisoned wheat gluten and started saying, "See- I TOLD you that stuff is poison."  Rolling Eyes

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #205 on: March 23, 2007, 07:52:34 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

My husband is a celiac, which means he's not supposed to consume any wheat or oat gluten. If he does he gets immediately sick, and if he keeps doing it, he will become anemic. It could also leave him susceptible to stomach cancer. He walked into the living room just as the newscaster was talking about poisoned wheat gluten and started saying, "See- I TOLD you that stuff is poison."  Rolling Eyes

Celiac can be very serious.  We read up on it when my mother inlaw suspected she had it.  They claim she does not but she has the symptoms.  She's very careful now what she eats.
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #206 on: March 23, 2007, 07:52:45 PM »

yeah and it makes ya think...why all of a sudden in the last 5-10 years there are so many gluten intolerant people ??? Never heard of it before, nor were there really any of the effects of it widely known.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #207 on: March 23, 2007, 07:56:49 PM »

Just be careful of the Soylent-Green, have heard bad things about it.
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #208 on: March 23, 2007, 07:58:40 PM »

Oh I just remembered ( sorry I am slow, still effects of drugs in me)..but I remembered, a few months ago I did an experiment on myself. I made sure everything I ate had NO wheat gluten at all in it.

I never felt better and more energetic and I actually showed no signs of IBS, which I was told I have, but the meds they gave me for IBS made me feel worse..go figure.

I would like to go on a total wheat free diet, but it is kind of hard with kids and a hubby who eats like he is whole army unit in himself lol. It can get costly, but I figure once I get back on the ball and put my mermaids back to work I should be able to do it lol.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: March 23, 2007, 08:00:04 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

Laughing  Wink
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #210 on: March 23, 2007, 08:00:21 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

Shocked ROFLMAO!!! Laughing
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #211 on: March 23, 2007, 08:06:21 PM »

Oh I just remembered ( sorry I am slow, still effects of drugs in me)..but I remembered, a few months ago I did an experiment on myself. I made sure everything I ate had NO wheat gluten at all in it.

I never felt better and more energetic and I actually showed no signs of IBS, which I was told I have, but the meds they gave me for IBS made me feel worse..go figure.

I would like to go on a total wheat free diet, but it is kind of hard with kids and a hubby who eats like he is whole army unit in himself lol. It can get costly, but I figure once I get back on the ball and put my mermaids back to work I should be able to do it lol.

If you decide you want to eat baked goods without gluten, go to www.Foodireland.com

That's where we order a lot of hubby's stuff from.

I Stand With The Girl
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #212 on: March 23, 2007, 08:07:02 PM »

Hey Carnut,I have missed you and your cars.I am not a Dr,but i did not stay at HI last night.I think the K2s are well and truely screwed at the moment.The bus and the train are coming and they are stuck.I heard something on Jim Rome today(ESPN) about the Cricket match between Ireland and Jamaca.Jamaca lost,so when they return to Kingston,the coach is killed.I think the next remark is telling"The Police force in Jamaca is competent and well trained,the best in the region.They will solve the case quickly,From the aruban police chief."hmmmmm well well,the peeping Tom Cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #213 on: March 23, 2007, 08:15:02 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

If you decide you want to eat baked goods without gluten, go to www.Foodireland.com

That's where we order a lot of hubby's stuff from.

Thank you BT, I will check that out and I also will make sure ArtColley checks it out, MrArtColley is VERY allergic to gluten.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #214 on: March 23, 2007, 08:16:57 PM »

Now that's HAWT.

Never looked better!

Razz

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #215 on: March 23, 2007, 08:20:30 PM »

Shocked OMG!! ROTF!! That's one diet I won't try anytime soon. LMAO!!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: March 23, 2007, 08:21:37 PM »

Quote from: "carpe noctem"
Now that's HAWT.

Never looked better!

Razz

Laughing  Laughing
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #217 on: March 23, 2007, 08:23:45 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "carpe noctem"
Now that's HAWT.

Never looked better!

Razz

Laughing  Laughing

Laughing  Shocked

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #218 on: March 23, 2007, 08:29:35 PM »

Shocked  Shocked

Ummmm, I think it is time for me to go to bed, the steroids finally feel like they will let me calm down enough to sleep, but now I swear I see big eyed orange cats staring at me on the screen.

Night Monkeys , sleep well, dream sweet, when you all get there Smile
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #219 on: March 23, 2007, 08:31:12 PM »

Shocked  Shocked

Ummmm, I think it is time for me to go to bed, the steroids finally feel like they will let me calm down enough to sleep, but now I swear I see big eyed orange cats staring at me on the screen.

Night Monkeys , sleep well, dream sweet, when you all get there Smile

Nite Seamonkey. I'm seeing those big orange eyed cats too.  Shocked

Must be sun stroke from the 4.5 hours I spent out in the sun digging up wild privet hedge today.  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.