April 30, 2024, 11:57:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #592 3/22 - 3/26/2007  (Read 99178 times)
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #300 on: March 24, 2007, 11:10:12 AM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Hi Cat, I suspect everyone's out enjoying spring weather !

Just an FYI on the pet food recall, little none had to take one of our pets into the vet this morning and learned some new facts regarding the recall. it seems one of the vet tech's had a cat on one of those foods, it became sick and as a result <gratefully it's survived>, our vet had to investigate all of this a bit deeper.

it seems that the wheat gluten was 'infected' with the rat poison because rats had chewed into the bags containing the gluten, their saliva contained the rat poison which then spread into the bags and infected the gluten. It also seems one pet food company actually refused the gluten and didn't use it, for they felt it appeared to be 'deteriorated'.

Our vet recommends we use organic food for now until this is all cleared up, due to the higher standards used in the production of those foods.

Do you have an example?  I only feed dry to the five cats and four dogs.  I think I buy Pedigree.  It's a yellow bag.  Lots to do today since I felt so crappy  the last two days.  Since the coffee is still in my stomach, maybe things are looking up.

Smoochies to ya!  (None, send me the cookie link please.  Have you thought of Ginger Snaps?  Fabulous for nausea.  I am an expert.
BBL

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: March 24, 2007, 11:10:15 AM »

did tom install this special smiley just for robots?  

San has her own smileys too, I want a smiley  Sad

Laughing  Laughing

flower
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #302 on: March 24, 2007, 11:16:51 AM »

Klaas, of course you would have the answer to None's smiley request...you are the bestest  Laughing  Wink

Bring Natalee home...
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #303 on: March 24, 2007, 11:36:46 AM »

Eagles choose fish,where availible.Hawks and owls eat Mammels.  just  remember the female is larger.Cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #304 on: March 24, 2007, 12:02:29 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Laughing  Laughing

flower

Laughing just kidding, of course it's sooooo ME the daisy !

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #305 on: March 24, 2007, 12:04:03 PM »

Peaches I will have to ask little none about what kind the vet recommended, I leave all that up to her but I'll email you what she said, ok?

ginger snaps? I fear I'm struggling just to keep up with butter, sugar, choclate, orange and lemon cream but if I can make some ginger cookies just for you I'd do my best  Very Happy

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #306 on: March 24, 2007, 12:05:48 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Laughing  Laughing

flower

Laughing just kidding, of course it's sooooo ME the daisy !

I like mine better.  And I have more.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #307 on: March 24, 2007, 12:07:12 PM »

I think I solved Anna's hawk problem in the lounge Laughing .
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #308 on: March 24, 2007, 12:10:12 PM »

You're so mean to me San  Sad  I'm gonna tell on you

i am afraid to find out what you recommended for the hawks  Laughing

here's a smiley just for Klaas  Laughing  Laughing

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: March 24, 2007, 12:12:36 PM »

Quote from: "Cat"
Eagles choose fish,where available.Hawks and owls eat Mammels.  just  remember the female is larger.Cat

You are a wealth of information.  I have TN River very close, it's just straight down, lol!  Bluffs and huge unpopulated areas like 800 acre hunting club where no one ever hunts plus trees planted for paper mill harvesting.  They could go live in those areas and not my back yard!

Must study up on birds as I am being over run up here!  One mocking bird has learned to imitate a puppy crying just to further terrorize me.  Guess even birds have a sense of humor.

Thank you for the info.  Must learn more about these things.  Maybe I should get cats to keep the birds at bay.

. Very Happy

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
crazybabyborg
« Reply #310 on: March 24, 2007, 12:28:36 PM »

Morning monkeys! I'm so happy to see all the info on the pet food here. There still has been no suggestion of anything wrong with dry food, right?

None, thanks for bringing us your vet's insight. That scenario makes sense. BTW..........you have an e-mail to send me!

I'M LOOKING FOR NONESY COOKIES TODAY! YIPPEE!!!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #311 on: March 24, 2007, 12:30:09 PM »

Anna, you look MAHVELOUS DARLING! I always look for your outfits and you always come shining through!  Wink
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #312 on: March 24, 2007, 12:33:52 PM »

Yes, Anna reminds me of Princess Di - I always looked forward to seeing what she was wearing.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #313 on: March 24, 2007, 12:38:43 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
Yes, Anna reminds me of Princess Di - I always looked forward to seeing what she was wearing.

Of all the avatars, MsMarple, yours is inspiring and captures the spirit of Easter. I love that you chose it: the cage is far more beautiful because you did.

My name means "Lily", too!  Wink
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #314 on: March 24, 2007, 12:40:59 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"

Aha!  I knew I wasn't imagining it was an eagle.  And some of these birds are HUGE, too, wingspan wide as my own arms outreached.  I am going to post a secocnd photo in the lounge on the panda thread of the hawk.

Can you tell if this one is possibly a female?  Now there is a thought!  Imagine whole nests of them stalking my Yorkies!   Shocked

And Good Morning, all!

I saw something on TV about a woman who moved to the desert and built her own little dome house.  She was new to the desert and loved the house, but some large bird took one of her cats.   Crying or Very sad

I saw an eagle up close and personal at a Pet Smart once.  He couldn't fly and the handler took him to places for PR.  My mom, who is afraid of parakeets and won't let my brother leave his Cockatoo out when she's there, had a semi-panic attack and headed for the back of the store.   Laughing They are huge.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #315 on: March 24, 2007, 12:47:35 PM »

cbb - thanks (re. my avatar). It really is a lovely shot, isn't it?

Anna - Mocking birds will make year-round homes  Shocked . But they won't eat your dogs! We had a "family" that lived in a large pyracanthia (sp?) bush. They could call our dog, which drove the poor thing crazy ...

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #316 on: March 24, 2007, 01:24:59 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"

I saw something on TV about a woman who moved to the desert and built her own little dome house.  She was new to the desert and loved the house, but some large bird took one of her cats.   Crying or Very sad

I saw an eagle up close and personal at a Pet Smart once.  He couldn't fly and the handler took him to places for PR.  My mom, who is afraid of parakeets and won't let my brother leave his Cockatoo out when she's there, had a semi-panic attack and headed for the back of the store.   Laughing They are huge.

Hey Monkeys, LilPuma,
I took Max (1yr golden) into Petsmart, and instead of his insane let's pull mom all through the pet store mode, we walked in, Max calmly by my side, I was like "oh, look at me", "look at my well behaved dog".  

We got some toys, bones, our basket was filling up, we went to the cat aisle and were picking out some gifts when Max looked up and saw the giant cat on the cat aisle sign, he started w/ a low growl, and backing up, then broke out in a mad dash for the front doors w/ me alternating between a beginning skiier going up the rope-tow and a stumbling drunk. Basket and toys flew in all directions. Ah, the good times.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #317 on: March 24, 2007, 01:33:30 PM »

Quote from: "NM"
Quote from: "LilPuma"

Hey Monkeys, LilPuma,
I took Max (1yr golden) into Petsmart, and instead of his insane let's pull mom all through the pet store mode, we walked in, Max calmly by my side, I was like "oh, look at me", "look at my well behaved dog".  

We got some toys, bones, our basket was filling up, we went to the cat aisle and were picking out some gifts when Max looked up and saw the giant cat on the cat aisle sign, he started w/ a low growl, and backing up, then broke out in a mad dash for the front doors w/ me alternating between a beginning skiier going up the rope-tow and a stumbling drunk. Basket and toys flew in all directions. Ah, the good times.

Laughing Fortunately, my mother didn't pull me along with her.  

Size - The female bald eagle is 35 to 37 inches, slightly larger than the male. With a wingspan which varies from 79 to 90 inches. The male bald eagle has a body length from 30 to 34 inches. The wingspan ranges from 72 to 85 inches. Bald eagles weigh from ten to fourteen pounds. Northern birds are significantly larger than their southern relatives.

That's a wing span of about 7 feet!  Bigger than most NBA players.   Shocked  Note the female is larger than the male, as Cat mentioned about hawks.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #318 on: March 24, 2007, 01:42:57 PM »

eek!  I would have pulled Max out of the store.  Guess I never saw our national bird up close!! Surprised

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #319 on: March 24, 2007, 01:50:15 PM »

About the Pet Food. Menu Foods had a list. None of the wet Fancy Feast
I buy or the Iams dry for cats was on the list. I then got an email from Purina Canada Cat Club ( yes we belong ) telling me that anything Purina CANADA made was ok. So we are good.
I work for Agriculture and we have not had anything from anyone about this yet.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency CFIA is part of where I work and they do the inspections for human food. Maybe this should be changed.
If I get any of the press releases at my work addy, I will post them here.
I went to the organic store yesterday and bought local organic products I was so freaked out by this poison in the food chain, animal or human......
So much for any quality control mechanisms in these factories.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.