April 30, 2024, 06:11:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #592 3/22 - 3/26/2007  (Read 99144 times)
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #580 on: March 25, 2007, 09:39:16 AM »

Quote from: "MeMere"
Bifrons (demon)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In demonology, Bifrons was a demon, Earl of Hell, with six legions of demons (twenty-six for other authors) under his command. He teaches sciences and arts, the virtues of the gems and woods, herbs, and
changes corpses from their original grave into other places, sometimes putting magic lights on the graves that seem candles. He appears as a monster, but then changes his shape into that of a man.

Apt description of Joran all around.

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #581 on: March 25, 2007, 09:40:35 AM »

Morning Ladies -  Wink

-----------

ANDRE DOS SANTOS - 06/20/2005 A.L.E. STATEMENT

"A day before Joran was apprehended by you, THURSDAY JUNE 8, 2005, I met Joran around 19.00, at the Aruba Raquet club.

I asked Joran how he felt and he told me that he felt calm

because the 2
security guards had been
apprehended by the police force."

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #582 on: March 25, 2007, 09:54:15 AM »

Carpe.. did you give up on sleeping ?  Laughing  Laughing
Maybe the reason they don't prosecute is because they ran a shoddy investigation and a cover up and arrested the incorrect people at first.
VanDerStratten was the Chief of police who prepared and presented or oversaw documents to KJ. She had them detained based upon that information.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #583 on: March 25, 2007, 09:57:24 AM »

Sounds like an interesting day in Boston.  I just had to go back and read a dozen pages.  I still keep up even if I don't post.  I haven't seen many ads in our area promoting travel to Aruba.  I visit some of the travel agencies around here at times and it has never been mentioned.  I am not sure it is very popular around here since it is a difficult and very long connection from the upper midwest.

I belong to three different vacation clubs because of the timeshares we own.  I do see that there are considerable offerings for Aruba on the vacancy lists.  Obviously, from my point of view it is far too expensive to travel to when Hawaii and Mexico as well as several other warm places are less expensive.  

Aruba was never on my radar as a place to visit and it certainly will never get there now.  As to people being nice as trade shows to convince you to buy a package.  Everyone is nice in the marketing field.  You need to compare that to the antidotal experiences of those who are in the know and not being paid to promote a product.

My daughter is a trade show director for one of the Green Bay TV stations and I am not aware that Aruba would even try to promote this far north.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #584 on: March 25, 2007, 10:03:49 AM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Carpe.. did you give up on sleeping ?  Laughing  Laughing
Maybe the reason they don't prosecute is because they ran a shoddy investigation and a cover up and arrested the incorrect people at first.
VanDerStratten was the Chief of police who prepared and presented or oversaw documents to KJ. She had them detained based upon that information.

YES, I keep trying... and then in a few minutes... I'm like. Shocked

They ran a shoddy investigation alright, on purpose.

I don't think it was an accident at all. Very planned, and in some
high-up places too, or it would have crumbled away long since by now.

------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #585 on: March 25, 2007, 10:08:04 AM »

Laughing

------------------
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #586 on: March 25, 2007, 10:17:45 AM »

When the two guards were arrested the documents provided to Chris LeJeuez were Deepak's and Satish's statements.
The ALE knew that the HI drop off was not on the tapes at the HI.
No mention is ever made of any other street cameras or other secuity cams that were looked at.
By the time Joran said he " walked home " the cameras that could have verifed  or denied that were taped over. So there are other camera tapes that could have been looked at.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #587 on: March 25, 2007, 10:20:03 AM »

Holloway’s mother to speak at Decatur conference
http://www.decaturdaily.com:80/decaturdaily/news/070325/holloway.shtml

By Melanie B. Smith
msmith@decaturdaily.com · 340-2468

Beth Holloway Twitty, mother of the Mountain Brook teen who disappeared in Aruba in 2005, will be the opening speaker for the fifth Child Safety Conference in Decatur.

The one-day event, “Protecting Our Children and Teens,” will be at Decatur Baptist Church on April 19, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event has 20 community sponsors, including mental health, law enforcement, social services and education groups.

Twitty’s daughter Natalee Holloway was on a high school graduation trip when she disappeared. Twitty will give a tribute to Natalee and will present tips to help students travel safely abroad. Twitty started the International Safe Travels Foundation.

Other speakers will be:

Sheriff Jeffrey Dawsy of Citrus County, Fla. He will present information about the kidnapping, assault and murder of Jessica Lunsford in 2005 and the arrest and trial of John Couey. Dawsy will also address the effectiveness of school resource officers.

Kevin Turner of the Madison County district attorney’s office. An investigator who has trained professionals in identifying gang-related crimes, he will speak about gang culture and lifestyles in North Alabama.

Larry Little, executive director of The Enrichment Center in Decatur. He will address at-risk behavior and mental health of school-age children.

Jeffrey Arney, a postal inspector with the U.S. Postal Service. He will speak about prevention of sexual exploitation of children, identification of child sex offenders and Internet safety.

E.J. “Rocky” Harnen Jr., a special agent with the Drug Enforcement Administration. He will explain trends in methamphetamine manufacture, distribution and use in the region.
Schedule

Twitty will speak at 8:30 a.m. Turner, Little, Harnen and Arney will present workshops at 9:45, which they will repeat at 11. Dawsy will speak at 1 and 2:15 p.m. Registration is $25 if received by April 12 and $35 afterward. Lunch is included. Limited scholarships are available to parents who have children in Decatur City schools. Call Phil Hastings at 552-3000.

Continuing education credits and professional development credits may be available for nurses, social workers and educators. Among sponsors are Decatur General West Behavioral Medicine Center, Decatur Police Department, Alabama State Department of Education and The Enrichment Center. To get a registration form or more information, call the Mental Health Association in Morgan County at 353-1160.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #588 on: March 25, 2007, 10:25:11 AM »

Lots of busy people out there. !!!
And Klaaend, did you give up sleep also ?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #589 on: March 25, 2007, 10:27:50 AM »

Lots of busy people out there. !!!
And Klaaend, did you give up sleep also ?

I'm probably the only one here that never gives up sleep. Wink
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: March 25, 2007, 10:30:46 AM »

Blogs for Natalee forum appears to be down this morning.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #591 on: March 25, 2007, 10:35:00 AM »

Yes it seems to be a problem with the link on their FP to the forum and the forum link itself from the sidebar.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #592 on: March 25, 2007, 10:37:02 AM »

Yes it seems to be a problem with the link on their FP to the forum and the forum link itself from the sidebar.

The forum is on a different server than the front page it seems.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #593 on: March 25, 2007, 10:45:56 AM »

Good morning monkeys! I'm very curious about a comment that ******* wrote on the FP...He spoke to some people in the Aruban travel booth in Boston yesterday. Here's what he wrote:

"P.S. What exactly did papa sloot tell devries??I would tell more but it would hurt too many people??"

Wonder wassup wit dat????

Bring Natalee home...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: March 25, 2007, 10:55:35 AM »

Quote from: "mishy"
Good morning monkeys! I'm very curious about a comment that ******* wrote on the FP...He spoke to some people in the Aruban travel booth in Boston yesterday. Here's what he wrote:

"P.S. What exactly did papa sloot tell devries??I would tell more but it would hurt too many people??"

Wonder wassup wit dat????

Mishy - I believe Paulus actually said that.  ******* was just pointing it out.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #595 on: March 25, 2007, 11:25:40 AM »

Klaas you and Carpe seem to feed off one another with your photos  Laughing looks like I missed much yesterday too.

hotshot and richard and ******* did such an outstanding job and I appreciate all of their efforts very much. Thanks for sharing the photos on the FP and looking forward to the next installments and Dana's show !

I continue to stand with the girl.
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #596 on: March 25, 2007, 11:30:40 AM »

Great job,monkeys.Oh Carpe,are you southern?Peckerwood,hmmm,I have only heard that term in fishing and...CAT

Live with hope,looking for justice
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #597 on: March 25, 2007, 12:02:40 PM »

For MF and those making jokes about our front page post regarding the earthquake recently in Aruba.

http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?t=43042

Strongest Earthquake Ever Recorded On The Island

March 23rd 2007, Aruba.

ORANJESTAD-A moderate earthquake struck the island of Aruba at
9:03am Thursday morning. The quake lasted for 5 seconds and was felt
in every district on the island. The quake was felt as far away as on the
island Curacao, though not as strong as in Aruba.

Two persons were having a chat at home when all of a sudden they felt
the ground shook, the thought of an earthquake immediately came to
their minds. The Meteorological Center received numerous calls from
concerned citizens who felt the ground shook. There were
no reports of personal injury and structural damage on the island.

According to the Seismological Center in Puerto Rico, the earthquake felt
in Aruba was a magnitude 4.6 on the Richter scale, it is the strongest
earthquake ever registered on the island. The epicenter of the quake was
only 12.1 miles South Southwest of Oranjestad, at a depth of 16.8 miles
beneath the sea surface.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #598 on: March 25, 2007, 12:08:09 PM »

http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?p=502508&highlight=#502508
lanztx
Freshman
 Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Don't think I will ever visit this Island again!

Our trip came to a screaming halt at midnight last night. Why, might you ask? Well after having a pretty good week we were having our farewell cocktails on the veranda of our rental villa. When all of a sudden we get a yell for help from one of our group who was sleeping in one of the downstairs bedrooms with her two kids. Some one had just woken her up by grabbing jewlery, watches, and a billfold from the night stand next to her bed. When the theif saw he had woken her up he ran out of the room. By the way the room was directly below where we were sitting. As us guys jumped up and ran to see what happened the thief jumped the wall and ran down the beach. We never even got a look at him. We did see a white truck scream down the road away from the beach parking lot but never got close enough to see a licence plate. When we got back to the villa we found out that before the thief had walked into the room he had first scaled a fifteen foot wall and climbed into a very small window in the master bath. The window was maybe 15 inches wide and the same high. He also cleaned that room out of a laptop, watches, and jewlery. This room was ten feet from where we were sitting and people had used the bathroom several times shortly before midnight. After talking to the local cops they told us that there has been a large rise in crime. They also implied they are keeping it under wraps because it is high tourism season. They also said because of the large amounts of construction they are sure most of the crime is being commited by imported workers. Frankly I don't care who is doing it. I'm glad no one got hurt and that things can be replaced but I wouldn't feel safe in Aruba again. Getting robbed while you are sitting fifteen feet away and wide awake, Having some thief walk into a room where people are sleeping. I had a bad feeling about this island after reading some other posts here on this web site. Guess I should have listen to my gut it ussually isn't wrong.
Moral of the story never feel safe where ever you are!!!!

Forgot to mention took the cops almost an hour to respond. I saw no real show of the police force except the two speed traps on the main road on two different days. And when they did show up they didn't really do anything except take statements from us.

Then posted this today:

I want to clear things up a bit from my last posting. I was very tired and had just gotten home when I posted.
The robbery happened Thursday night shortly after midnight. We were staying in the Villa Alexandra. We flew home on Friday afternoon on Delta. Half of our group was awake. Three adults and all 6 kids were sleeping. 6 of us adults were enjoying our last night with a few cocktails and listening to the basketball games. We were sitting on the veranda with all the outside lights on. The lights in the pool were even still on, since we let the kids stay up until 10 pm swimming. When one of the adults, who had two kids sleeping in their room, right below the veranda, was awakened by someone grabbing their belongings from off the nightstand next to the bed she was sleeping in. The person bolted out of the room. She was stunned and probably in shock and didn't make it to the door to yell for help until he had been gone for a full minute. Once he ran he headed north toward the pubic beach. Two of us guys headed the same direction down the beach. One of us headed up the driveway and then down the street to the beach. When running down the street a white pick up flashed past and turned into the parking lot for the beach. With in seconds it turned around and headed back toward the high rise area. As it pasted our guy it turned on the high beams in his face. As soon as it pasted him by it shut off it's lights until it was out of sight. When us three guys got back to the house we were informed that the other bedroom had also been roobed. The police were called by the time any of us guys made it off the property. They took almost a full hour to show up. They did nothing more than take our statements and tell us to pick up a copy of the report in the morning. There were 4 officers in all two never entered the house and stayed in the driveway talking to a couple of us guys. They stayed arounded for a total of 20 to 30 minutes. When we picked up our copy of the report it was incorrect and didn't have all the items that were taken on it. We were told it could not be changed even if it was not complete. It felt like since they knew we were leaving in a few hours that they really just didn't care.

The biggest problem I have is the boldness of the whole thing. This all happened while we were awake and clearly visable. Walking into a rooom where people are sleeping takes a big set. Crime happens everywhere we all know that, that isn't my complaint. It was the lack of response and a general lack of police presents on the island. We take a trip with the whole family every other year and are always careful to lock everything up. Never thought we would need to lock the bedroom door when one adult is still up and only 6 feet away from it. We have done this on many trips. We do this at home when sitting on the deck in the back yard, Front door locked back door open. This was not an issue of us not being careful.

Now the issue I have with a few of you on this message board is why do people go straight to "it's a made up story"? I thought it was set up to share info. I got some great info from this board. When I posted a very scary, very real problem on the island that I experienced first hand I get attacked and pretty much called a liar. Come on people there is no perfect place on earth. There might be places that some of us think are close. Sorry I just don't think Aruba is one of them.

This was a very bad situation. Think if the robber had gone into a room where your kids were sleeping with your wife, while you were sitting directly above them, and took your jewlery, wallet, laptop, etc...

I was planning on posting our trip report about all the great things we did. Because we did have a lot of fun and enjoyed a number of things. I just wanted to let everyone know safety is an issue on this island. After some of you atacked me, I'm not sure I will ever post here again. To those of you who gave me some great info thank you very much. To those negitive people sorry you have nothing better to do then attack others.
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #599 on: March 25, 2007, 12:09:18 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
In todays Amigoe there is a photo of faded road signs in Curacao:

http://www.amigoe.com/english/

I zoomed in so I could read ths signs  Wink  Laughing

I zoomed in on your pic a little closer to see what the billboards were all about... Wink

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.