April 30, 2024, 09:38:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #592 3/22 - 3/26/2007  (Read 99161 times)
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #920 on: March 26, 2007, 03:37:04 PM »

Quote from: "greeneyedlady"
Good afternoon everyone  

I'd like to thank the 5 people that went to Boston to stand up for Natalee.
I think what they did was a great tribute to Natalee and her family and I'm sure the family appreciates their kindness.I know I would have if it were my child that had disappeared.That can only show Aruba there's people that will never forget and are still expecting answers as to what happened to Natalee.
Oh and I read where Richard or *******(not sure which one) had a surprise for Beth at the protest-was it ever posted as to what it was?If so I must've missed it.

OT-Does anyone know why BFN is down?
It was Hotshot who had something for Beth.....She had talked to Red, and wanted a sign that said,  "Beth and Natalee are here....in spirit"  So my daughter then got to work before the next morning rolled around, and made it.

Joran van der Sloot: One day, I will explain exactly what happened, but, right now, I don’t feel ready to do that.
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #921 on: March 26, 2007, 03:39:05 PM »

Quote from: "JusticeforNatalee"
Hi, everyone,

Thanks for all the nice comments.

I think we made a huge statement with just five people.

I made some notes about our protest. I will post them a little later.

Best to everyone!

Very Happy
 Hey you....How was the flight home?  It was great getting to meet you both...  Hey .......  J4N  WE DIDN'T GET ARRESTED!

Joran van der Sloot: One day, I will explain exactly what happened, but, right now, I don’t feel ready to do that.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #922 on: March 26, 2007, 03:44:06 PM »

Quote from: "Hotshot"
Hi, everyone,

Best to everyone!

Very Happy
 Hey you....How was the flight home?  It was great getting to meet you both...  Hey .......  J4N  WE DIDN'T GET ARRESTED!

Next time, you'll just have to try harder! More publicity!  Wink

Congratulations and thanks to all of you.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #923 on: March 26, 2007, 03:47:32 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
Hi, everyone,

Best to everyone!

Very Happy

Next time, you'll just have to try harder! More publicity!  Wink

Congratulations and thanks to all of you.
Thanks so much....It was a great turnout and I think the impact was pretty good...There was one lady that hugged me and I thought we were both going to break down and cry...

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #924 on: March 26, 2007, 03:55:47 PM »

Hotshot wrote;
Thanks so much....It was a great turnout and I think the impact was pretty good...There was one lady that hugged me and I thought we were both going to break down and cry...

The impact  made by The Boston Five was huge.
........not to be down-played little Hotshot wink wink . Can't wait to hear more...I have been reading and listening to all I can find, a job well done.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #925 on: March 26, 2007, 04:16:26 PM »

HOTSHOT ROCKS  Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #926 on: March 26, 2007, 04:20:18 PM »

Quote from: "robots"
HOTSHOT ROCKS  Cool
LOL, your too kind.  We all ROCK!!!!!

Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #927 on: March 26, 2007, 04:36:39 PM »

We still have 2 more camersa that need to be uploaded as far as pics go, so there is still more to come.  The Boston Five  I love it.  Thanks BB.

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #928 on: March 26, 2007, 04:39:06 PM »

I wish I could have gone,  Had college visit Saturday with the boy.  But I was there in thoughts & prayers.

I have talked with a few others that IF they had known more than a few days beforehand,  they'd have made the trip.  I had only heard about it a couple of days before it had happened which was too late for me to change plans as we had already booked hotel etc....

Maine, born and raised!
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #929 on: March 26, 2007, 04:39:25 PM »

Good afternoon everyone  

I think what they did was a great tribute to Natalee and her family and I'm sure the family appreciates their kindness.I know I would have if it were my child that had disappeared.That can only show Aruba there's people that will never forget and are still expecting answers as to what happened to Natalee.
Oh and I read where Richard or *******(not sure which one) had a surprise for Beth at the protest-was it ever posted as to what it was?If so I must've missed it.

It was Hotshot who had something for Beth.....She had talked to Red, and wanted a sign that said,  "Beth and Natalee are here....in spirit"  So my daughter then got to work before the next morning rolled around, and made it.

Oh geez I had it all wrong...sorry Hotshot. Embarassed
The sign turned out beautiful,your daughter did a great job on it.

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #930 on: March 26, 2007, 04:42:45 PM »

Good afternoon everyone  

Oh geez I had it all wrong...sorry Hotshot. Embarassed
The sign turned out beautiful,your daughter did a great job on it.

I will make sure I tell her that.  It will make her day.  One of our people called it ugly  Sad   don't have the heart to tell her that....  She has followed this since day one as I did, and has read the book, she feels so sorry for the families of Natalee.  She wants Beth to come talk at her school too.  I am hoping to see that happen.

greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #931 on: March 26, 2007, 04:54:55 PM »

Hotshot-that's nice that your daughter has been following this case with you.My 2 girls (age 13 & 21) understand how much I care about this and are always asking if there is any news about Natalee.I hope Beth sees this and does speak at her school,that would make her proud,I bet.

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #932 on: March 26, 2007, 05:02:01 PM »

Hotshot-that's nice that your daughter has been following this case with you.My 2 girls (age 13 & 21) understand how much I care about this and are always asking if there is any news about Natalee.I hope Beth sees this and does speak at her school,that would make her proud,I bet.
Oh, it sure would.

Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #933 on: March 26, 2007, 05:02:23 PM »

great job and Great poster.Was that really medley?wasn't she married to jeffery dahmer?CAT

Live with hope,looking for justice
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #934 on: March 26, 2007, 05:05:18 PM »

We still have 2 more camersa that need to be uploaded as far as pics go, so there is still more to come.  The Boston Five  I love it.  Thanks BB.

I realize that all five of you are more than monkeys, that you also belong to other sites.  Just thought this was funny  Wink  Laughing

Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #935 on: March 26, 2007, 05:16:10 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

I realize that all five of you are more than monkeys, that you also belong to other sites.  Just thought this was funny  Wink  Laughing

Klaas, thats awsome!!  You never seem to amaze me.  I am taking that pic!

Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #936 on: March 26, 2007, 05:17:54 PM »

Quote from: "Cat"
great job and Great poster.Was that really medley?wasn't she married to jeffery dahmer?CAT
Cat, no it wasn't her but, I think your right about that Dahmer question. Cool

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #937 on: March 26, 2007, 05:25:28 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

I think the surprise was this poster they made:

According to Debbie at BFN it's a server problem and Ian is working on it.

That Beth and Natalee poster is fantastic Hotshot! Kudos to The Boston Five for doing such a great job. The interviews with Dana were great and thank you Klaas for the super videos. Hopefully the Arubans got an earfull and will go back and put more pressure on their government to do the right thing and punish their perps.

From the looks of those posts by Aruba vacationers crime against tourists is on the rise. Drugs are sold openly on the streets and the local users are feeding their habits at the tourists' expense while the cops do nothing but take a report and throw'em in the crapper after they get on the plane. They're still biting the hand that feeds them.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
JusticeforNatalee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #938 on: March 26, 2007, 05:51:35 PM »

My Take on the Boston Protest
by JFN

First of all, there was IMMENSE love and support for Natalee in Boston.

We encountered a little snag with the decision about not being allowed to wear our Natalee shirts inside.
One of the travel show employees told us that he thought the shirt decision was “ridiculous.” However he wasn’t in charge and couldn’t do anything about it.

He did  remind us, however, that we could fully exercise our freedom of speech OUTSIDE. (That’s all I needed to hear.)

So-Actually the shirt issue didn’t affect our vigil/protest that much. Perhaps it was Aruba Tourism’s big plan to head us off at the pass. Well, it backfired and just made us stronger!  It only made us more focused and determined to get our message across OUTSIDE. And besides, we had a HUGE SIGN in a prominent place with Natalee’s picture on it! We had a permit and we were in the UNITED STATES.

Everyone entering the show had to walk past our large JFN sign. (Kudos to dadof1 for
designing and getting the sign made!)
I was very pleased that we were permitted to keep the sign. As long as we could hold it, we could keep it. That was the deal.

People recognized Natalee’s picture and either nodded, gave a thumbs up, or stopped to talk. Even people passing in cars reacted.

Here is just a sampling of comments we heard:

Justice for Natalee; Amen.
I have a daughter and I will NEVER go to Aruba.
I will NEVER step foot on that island.
What happened to Natalee should not happen to ANYONE.
I went twice in the past and will never go again.
The Aruba booth is quiet inside; you are doing a good job.

And on and on it went with mostly positive support.

Some people were indignant, in a good way, about Aruba’s failure to deliver justice.

A few travel agents told us they never send clients to Aruba.

And we were told there was even a buzz about our protest going on INSIDE the show!

So all in all, I think we did a lot of good for Natalee in Boston. And we conducted ourselves in a civil manner in the process. (no arrests/no trouble)

Why did I go to Boston? I went out of compassion for Natalee and her family.
I went because I believe in justice. I went because I thought it was nervy, almost offensive, for Aruban officials to think they could just move past Natalee and continue to promote tourism in the United States, WHERE NATALEE WAS BORN, without first delivering JUSTICE.

On the island of Aruba, an American citizen, a young woman, a human being, has been denied justice.

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN HOLLOWAY

"My client, Joran van der Sloot, played a MAJOR ROLE in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway."       
Antonio Carlo
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #939 on: March 26, 2007, 05:56:45 PM »

My Take on the Boston Protest
by JFN

First of all, there was IMMENSE love and support for Natalee in Boston.

We encountered a little snag with the decision about not being allowed to wear our Natalee shirts inside.
One of the travel show employees told us that he thought the shirt decision was “ridiculous.” However he wasn’t in charge and couldn’t do anything about it.

He did  remind us, however, that we could fully exercise our freedom of speech OUTSIDE. (That’s all I needed to hear.)

So-Actually the shirt issue didn’t affect our vigil/protest that much. Perhaps it was Aruba Tourism’s big plan to head us off at the pass. Well, it backfired and just made us stronger!  It only made us more focused and determined to get our message across OUTSIDE. And besides, we had a HUGE SIGN in a prominent place with Natalee’s picture on it! We had a permit and we were in the UNITED STATES.

Everyone entering the show had to walk past our large JFN sign. (Kudos to dadof1 for
designing and getting the sign made!)
I was very pleased that we were permitted to keep the sign. As long as we could hold it, we could keep it. That was the deal.

People recognized Natalee’s picture and either nodded, gave a thumbs up, or stopped to talk. Even people passing in cars reacted.

Here is just a sampling of comments we heard:

Justice for Natalee; Amen.
I have a daughter and I will NEVER go to Aruba.
I will NEVER step foot on that island.
What happened to Natalee should not happen to ANYONE.
I went twice in the past and will never go again.
The Aruba booth is quiet inside; you are doing a good job.

And on and on it went with mostly positive support.

Some people were indignant, in a good way, about Aruba’s failure to deliver justice.

A few travel agents told us they never send clients to Aruba.

And we were told there was even a buzz about our protest going on INSIDE the show!

So all in all, I think we did a lot of good for Natalee in Boston. And we conducted ourselves in a civil manner in the process. (no arrests/no trouble)

Why did I go to Boston? I went out of compassion for Natalee and her family.
I went because I believe in justice. I went because I thought it was nervy, almost offensive, for Aruban officials to think they could just move past Natalee and continue to promote tourism in the United States, WHERE NATALEE WAS BORN, without first delivering JUSTICE.

On the island of Aruba, an American citizen, a young woman, a human being, has been denied justice.

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN HOLLOWAY

KUDOs to you and the others that went to Boston.  You guys did an awesome job!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.