March 19, 2024, 03:23:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo 20, Parsons TN, abducted from home 4/13/11 #1 4/14/11 - 4/25/11  (Read 450130 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2011, 04:53:26 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-search-hundreds-volunteers-comb-woods/story?id=13394953

Video at the link:

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2011, 04:54:00 PM »

Officials said today that they want people in the area to recall any unusual behavior of a man fitting the suspect's description, such as someone who has missed work or appointments and acting with increased anxiety or stress.

Officials confirmed that blood was found at Bobo's residence in Darden and has been sent to a lab in Memphis.

Authorities believe the suspect is not just on foot but have no description yet of a vehicle to look for.

Officials are searching areas north through Natchez Trace and eastward and in the Interstate 40 area.

Officials also say Bobo's brother and boyfriend are not ruled out in the investigation. "We're leaving all options open," Helm said.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20...WS01/110417013

GRRRRR

Now how come when I click on that link it states that the page cannot be found?   Regardless, that states "officials" as opposed to TBI or Sheriff Roy Wyatt so I say its spin before its "official"."   

To Janet:   The "story" from the brother did not "change" as you put it.   Its been clarified & TBI also addressed rumors already.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2011, 04:54:58 PM »

Officials said today that they want people in the area to recall any unusual behavior of a man fitting the suspect's description, such as someone who has missed work or appointments and acting with increased anxiety or stress.

Officials confirmed that blood was found at Bobo's residence in Darden and has been sent to a lab in Memphis.

Authorities believe the suspect is not just on foot but have no description yet of a vehicle to look for.

Officials are searching areas north through Natchez Trace and eastward and in the Interstate 40 area.

Officials also say Bobo's brother and boyfriend are not ruled out in the investigation. "We're leaving all options open," Helm said.

GRRRRR

islandmonkey

It would make sense that ... in the process of elimination ... family members would be a focus.  After all ... the brother was the only witness to the alleged abduction and ... his story according to TBI did change.

Hey ... are you posting off a new computer/keyboard.

Janet
I tend to agree just to be cautious but I am pretty sure the BF was at work at Cuba Landing from what I have heard from Jackson friends that are searching and hyper-vigilant. I think the when you have 4 diiferent media reporting just for and example in this case, you're going to get 4 different versions. I tried to find the link to listen to the presser live but couldn't find it, so I am just posting what the Sun posted.

No, but I had to restore my computer and lost evrything....keyboard still sticks every now and then and usually when I really want to post, but I am holding out until it dies (this will be the 5th one LOL)

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2011, 04:55:17 PM »

Sorry, looks like I attached that screen shot twice!   Embarassed

I was having trouble getting that post to go through and thought I'd started over.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2011, 04:59:10 PM »

GRRRRR

Now how come when I click on that link it states that the page cannot be found?   Regardless, that states "officials" as opposed to TBI or Sheriff Roy Wyatt so I say its spin before its "official"."   

To Janet:   The "story" from the brother did not "change" as you put it.   Its been clarified & TBI also addressed rumors already.

ITA...but even more confusing is Helms is with TBI??

Kristin Helm with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said during a press conference today that investigators are following more than 250 leads in the search for Holly Bobo, of Decatur County.

But, there could be a difference in Suspect vs not ruled out of the investigation.....

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2011, 05:04:20 PM »

Capp~this link might work better, it's Memphis' paper..

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/apr/17/search-expanded-abducted-west-tenn-woman/

PARSONS, Tenn -- In the Wednesday abduction of 20-year-old Holly Bobo, residents of rural Parsons, Tenn., need to look among their own, say officials with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

TBI spokeswoman Kirsten Helm said citizens should think back to between 7:40 and 8 a.m. Who was wearing camouflage on the morning she was led, presumably by force, into the woods from her parents home on Swan Johnson Road?

::snipping2::

Helm said authorities decided today not to eliminate anyone from a potential list of suspects, including Bobo's 25-year-old brother, Clint, who was present at the time of the attack, and her boyfriend, both previously ruled out.

"Both her brother and her boyfriend have been nothing but cooperative," Helm said again, "but we can't afford not to keep our minds open. Every detail counts."

I think it's just the smartest thing to do, maybe they have an idea who this man is and want to make him feel more comfortable?? Clueless at this point (as usual)

[
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2011, 05:05:57 PM »

I am flustrated with crimes. Would a pocket air horn be an effective deterent?  I know Pepper spray needs no wind, if it effective.  This just hurts my heart hearing about Holly. I would like a solution for prevention, if possible.

http://www.defensedevices.com/air-horn-small.html

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2011, 05:08:37 PM »

Some 600 volunteers joined police Saturday, working until midnight to find any trace of the young woman, whose brother saw the abduction Wednesday, but only realized too late that the man leading her into the woods was not her boyfriend.

She was confronted Wednesday by a man in hunting camouflage who forced her to go with him into the woods, Mehr said.

Lt Brad Wilbanks of the Decauter Sheriff's Dept in the video referred to Mehr of TBI clearing up rumors including "dragged," the brother, the boyfriend "clearing the brother and boyfriend as suspects," said the anchor as the Lt nodded yes.   The "lunch purse" was stated as "positive identification" and that there was blood found at the home "outside the door there," Lt Brad Wilbanks.   Lt Wilbanks also stated that other items were found by searchers including duct tape & it was bagged to be tested & also stated that TBI "Agent Mehrs mnay elude to that today or tomorrow."

LT BRAD WILBANKS quote of the day "Yesterday I learned a new meaning why they call Tennessee the volunteer state."

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #168 on: April 17, 2011, 05:12:31 PM »

Some 600 volunteers joined police Saturday, working until midnight to find any trace of the young woman, whose brother saw the abduction Wednesday, but only realized too late that the man leading her into the woods was not her boyfriend.

She was confronted Wednesday by a man in hunting camouflage who forced her to go with him into the woods, Mehr said.

Lt Brad Wilbanks of the Decauter Sheriff's Dept in the video referred to Mehr of TBI clearing up rumors including "dragged," the brother, the boyfriend "clearing the brother and boyfriend as suspects," said the anchor as the Lt nodded yes.   The "lunch purse" was stated as "positive identification" and that there was blood found at the home "outside the door there," Lt Brad Wilbanks.   Lt Wilbanks also stated that other items were found by searchers including duct tape & it was bagged to be tested & also stated that TBI "Agent Mehrs mnay elude to that today or tomorrow."

LT BRAD WILBANKS quote of the day "Yesterday I learned a new meaning why they call Tennessee the volunteer state."

Good heavens, two TBI agents and two different stmts, again GRRRRR

Very true about the volunteer state though

[
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: April 17, 2011, 05:16:52 PM »

Good heavens, two TBI agents and two different stmts, again GRRRRR

Very true about the volunteer state though

I would go by what TBI Agent Mehr states.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2011, 05:18:38 PM »

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/apr/17/search-expanded-abducted-west-tenn-woman/

PARSONS, Tenn -- In the Wednesday abduction of 20-year-old Holly Bobo, residents of rural Parsons, Tenn., need to look among their own, say officials with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

TBI spokeswoman Kirsten Helm said citizens should think back to between 7:40 and 8 a.m. Who was wearing camouflage on the morning she was led, presumably by force, into the woods from her parents home on Swan Johnson Road?

Helm said authorities decided today not to eliminate anyone from a potential list of suspects, including Bobo's 25-year-old brother, Clint, who was present at the time of the attack, and her boyfriend, both previously ruled out.

"Both her brother and her boyfriend have been nothing but cooperative," Helm said again, "but we can't afford not to keep our minds open. Every detail counts."

I think it's just the smartest thing to do, maybe they have an idea who this man is and want to make him feel more comfortable?? Clueless at this point (as usual)

Thank islandmonkey.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #171 on: April 17, 2011, 05:20:44 PM »

Thank islandmonkey.

Janet

Don't thank me yet LOL~she is the TBI spokesperson and Mehr is the TBI agent.....I think I need a drink now before I become anymore confused

[
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: April 17, 2011, 05:34:31 PM »

Thank islandmonkey.

Janet

Don't thank me yet LOL~she is the TBI spokesperson and Mehr is the TBI agent.....I think I need a drink now before I become anymore confused

Mark my words, it doesnt matter what was said regarding not excluding either of them they will not become suspects.  The sheer fact that the lead in the case TBI Agent Mehrs was so adamant in his statement yesterday points to the fact that they have no reason to suspect either of them in foul play, despite what they may have decided to announce today according to Helms, it should be noted that neither were mentioned specifically in today's presser by TBI Ageny Mehr.   I will also go on the record to state that this family is going thru torture & unlike other convoluted cases that we've all followed there is NOTHING indicating why people need to continue suspecting her own brother of some sort of plot to commit a crime.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #173 on: April 17, 2011, 05:34:54 PM »

Thank islandmonkey.

Janet

Just as I thought I was straightened out, I am puzzled again.  Why did they wait four days to ask
the public to think back to Wednesday, if someone was washing a car or acting unusual? 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #174 on: April 17, 2011, 05:36:00 PM »

Documents: 1,419 volunteers searching 2 counties for missing Holly Bobo #hollybobo
less than 5 seconds ago via HTC Peep
Kitchen: Ice/Food supplies no longer needed.
3 minutes ago via web
Source: several waterway searches viewed to be in progress, dive teams being utilized. #hollybobo
6 minutes ago via web
Source: Investigators busy following leads and information #hollybobo
38 minutes ago via web
My thanks to the more than 2,000 twitter followers helping to keep the efforts, and information united. #thankyou #teamholly
about 1 hour ago via HTC Peep
RT @HowAboutCountry @willnunley most of the country musicians have mentioned something on there accounts
about 1 hour ago via HTC Peep
http://twitter.com/willnunley

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #175 on: April 17, 2011, 05:36:05 PM »

several waterway searches viewed to be in progress, dive teams being utilized

http://twitter.com/willnunley

[
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: April 17, 2011, 05:38:35 PM »

Thank islandmonkey.

Janet

In the most recent press conference ... I can assume that the words of the official TBI spokesperson for the Holly Bobo investigation were derived from a foundation of knowledge.  Helm did not just pull her words out of thin air.

Anyways ... I am not implying that either the brother or the boyfriend are involved in wrongdoing but ... in the process of elimination ... I believe for revealed reasons both should be investigated as persons of interest prior to automatically being ruled out.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: April 17, 2011, 05:38:51 PM »

Seahorse, I can only take from that request that a vehicle of some sort had to have been used considering the distance from her home to where evidence (confirmed for sure her lunch purse) was found.   I'm thinking it also could be an ATV versus a car or truck so that shouldnt be ruled out.   If that is the case, they are looking for a tip of someone that may be feverishly looking to wash away and/or replace parts to get rid of evidence.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: April 17, 2011, 05:45:02 PM »

Capp

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110417/NEWS01/110417013/1002/Officials-following-more-than-250-leads-missing-woman-s-case

Officials also said today that Bobo's brother and boyfriend are not ruled out in the investigation.

"We're leaving all options open," Helm said.

A $25,000 reward has been set for leads that result in the arrest of Bobo's abductor. They encouraged individuals with any additional leads to call (731) 852-3703 or (800) TBI-FIND.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: April 17, 2011, 05:49:17 PM »

Thank islandmonkey.

Janet

In the most recent press conference ... I can assume that the words of the official TBI spokesperson for the Holly Bobo investigation were derived from a foundation of knowledge.  Helm did not just pull her words out of thin air.

Anyways ... I am not implying that either the brother or the boyfriend are involved in wrongdoing but ... in the process of elimination ... I believe for revealed reasons both should be investigated as persons of interest prior to automatically being ruled out.

Janet

Ruled out of what then?   Its pretty obvious that LE has indeed been investigating & they seem rather confident that they are A) being very cooperative B) their whereabouts confirmed C) not finding a reason for them to be elevated to a POI or suspect.

These words weren't pulled out of thin air either:   Her brother, said Mehr, "had reasons to believe [the man] was not an attacker," and did not call 911 until he saw blood outside.The officer said that neither Bobo's brother nor her boyfriend were suspects. "We are confident of that," he said.   http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-search-hundreds-volunteers-comb-woods/story?id=13394953&page=2

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.