March 18, 2024, 11:01:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo 20, Parsons TN, abducted from home 4/13/11 #1 4/14/11 - 4/25/11  (Read 450107 times)
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #320 on: April 18, 2011, 01:04:55 PM »

whitney duncan's twitter

http://twitter.com/whitneyduncan

My cousin Clint, Holly's brother, is NOT a suspect & I'm sick of people saying that he is. He has been cleared for good reason. Shut up.

My heart breaks for Whitney.

However ... considering there is no witness to collaborate Clint's account of the last time he allegedly saw his sister ... there is no way that Holly's brother could be cleared of suspicion UNLESS investigators have knowledge that has yet to be revealed to the media

Could it be that Whitney as a family member has been privy to that knowledge?
Janet

that's what i was thinking. im sure they have a lot of information that hasn't been revealed to the media yet
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #321 on: April 18, 2011, 01:11:04 PM »

thanks for the links and info Toy...much appreciated..
this is a baffling case to me..what are your thoughts?

Cookie, my thoughts are just as muddled and baffled as everyone else's.  However, I will remark on a few things just from knowing the area and "culture"...

I did not grow up in Holly's county/community but did grow up in a TN town just a county or so over of about the same size and definitely the same atmosphere and live close to her area still.  These are not just my opinions but my guesses and impressions and in no particular order...

It is not unusual to mistakenly identify someone from behind when they are dressed in camoflauge especially when your mind is "expecting" that someone to be who you think it is. I find no reason to find the brother's initial impression suspect. That particular style of dress is so normal around here and certainly would not cause any alarm. It doesn't matter if it's hunting season or not, camo is designer fabric in the South in any season.

From what I've read about Holly and her personality and from what I know about Southern people and their graciousness and such, I can easily believe someone's speculation that she may have believed a ruse that someone was hurt and needed her help. Even if he was someone who was an ex and she believed (from the blood which I believe will be his) that he had been in the woods nearby and there had been an accident and someone needed her help, I believe she would naturally respond in a helping manner. Remember it was 7:30 in the morning...someone comes to your door needing help....around here your first reaction is to help.  We don't tend to have that guardedness that someone living in a city would have.  I think that is why she didn't scream out, etc. Although it's been said there was a bit of an argument suspected it may have been no more than her suggesting she call an ambulance and him declining asking her to assess first.  (Believe it or not, that also wouldn't have necessarily caused her anxiety since she is a nursing student plus many still worry about unneeded ambulance costs and/or er visits especially in a rural economy.) I think it's very possible that she was not scared nor alarmed as she went into the woods but only realized the danger after she was never taken to the scene of an accident, etc.

I hesitate to even write the above because it may sound as though we don't think around here. It's not that at all.  It's just that we still have that naive trust in people and never suspect that evil will come knocking on our doors...especially if it is in the body of a person you know.  I do believe it is someone she knew because that even makes it more plausible to me.

I have no knowledge whatsoever of the guy she dates or his family but knowing the area and the people, I feel very confident in telling you there is no influence, etc. there.  High society (as in influence, etc.) is pretty much non-existent in the area where she lives and where I grew up.  Everyone goes to the public school, attends church with each other, etc. 

There are probably less than 26,000 in the whole county there with around 2700 or so in her hometown. It doesn't surprise me at all that so many people are turning out to search. It's the way around here...when your neighbor needs help, you help. It doesn't matter your political or religious views, etc.  All that matters is that you are healthy enough to participate and if not, you participate by prayer because this area truly believes that prayer works.

We are a hard-working, God-loving people who help our neighbors and expect a miracle. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: April 18, 2011, 01:19:59 PM »

Looks like Drew became FB friends with Clint Bobo around Marchish 2010 and then he became FB friends with Holly around Aprilish 2010.  He doesn't post anything that looks like he's been in trouble or anything like that.  He hunts/fishes, rides dirtbikes, etc.  

Thanks New Monkey

It would be interesting to know if a breakup did happened in the "few days" prior to Holly's disappearance.

Janet

++++++

Holly Bobo: FBI says "led away" not dragged through carport
April 15th, 2011 1:28 pm ET

<snipped>

So, after much digging, I have come across this information.  Mind you, I have no verification, but many times, information like this comes out to be true.  This information make more sense than anything else that is out there.

According to the source, Holly had two ex-boyfriends.  One from a few days ago and the other, she had a restraining order against, because he threatened to kill her.  Holly left the house to go to school and her brother heard her arguing with her ex-boyfriend who was dressed in camo, outside the home.  He saw them both walking towards the wooded area of the yard, and he went back to what he was doing.  About an hour later he noticed his sister's car was still in the driveway.  He called his parents, a friend of Holly's and then the ex-boyfriend, and then the police.

<snipped>

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-fbi-says-led-away-not-dragged-through-carport

« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 05:14:36 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #323 on: April 18, 2011, 01:20:25 PM »

thanks for the links and info Toy...much appreciated..
this is a baffling case to me..what are your thoughts?

Cookie, my thoughts are just as muddled and baffled as everyone else's.  However, I will remark on a few things just from knowing the area and "culture"...

I did not grow up in Holly's county/community but did grow up in a TN town just a county or so over of about the same size and definitely the same atmosphere and live close to her area still.  These are not just my opinions but my guesses and impressions and in no particular order...

It is not unusual to mistakenly identify someone from behind when they are dressed in camoflauge especially when your mind is "expecting" that someone to be who you think it is. I find no reason to find the brother's initial impression suspect. That particular style of dress is so normal around here and certainly would not cause any alarm. It doesn't matter if it's hunting season or not, camo is designer fabric in the South in any season.

From what I've read about Holly and her personality and from what I know about Southern people and their graciousness and such, I can easily believe someone's speculation that she may have believed a ruse that someone was hurt and needed her help. Even if he was someone who was an ex and she believed (from the blood which I believe will be his) that he had been in the woods nearby and there had been an accident and someone needed her help, I believe she would naturally respond in a helping manner. Remember it was 7:30 in the morning...someone comes to your door needing help....around here your first reaction is to help.  We don't tend to have that guardedness that someone living in a city would have.  I think that is why she didn't scream out, etc. Although it's been said there was a bit of an argument suspected it may have been no more than her suggesting she call an ambulance and him declining asking her to assess first.  (Believe it or not, that also wouldn't have necessarily caused her anxiety since she is a nursing student plus many still worry about unneeded ambulance costs and/or er visits especially in a rural economy.) I think it's very possible that she was not scared nor alarmed as she went into the woods but only realized the danger after she was never taken to the scene of an accident, etc.

I hesitate to even write the above because it may sound as though we don't think around here. It's not that at all.  It's just that we still have that naive trust in people and never suspect that evil will come knocking on our doors...especially if it is in the body of a person you know.  I do believe it is someone she knew because that even makes it more plausible to me.

I have no knowledge whatsoever of the guy she dates or his family but knowing the area and the people, I feel very confident in telling you there is no influence, etc. there.  High society (as in influence, etc.) is pretty much non-existent in the area where she lives and where I grew up.  Everyone goes to the public school, attends church with each other, etc. 

There are probably less than 26,000 in the whole county there with around 2700 or so in her hometown. It doesn't surprise me at all that so many people are turning out to search. It's the way around here...when your neighbor needs help, you help. It doesn't matter your political or religious views, etc.  All that matters is that you are healthy enough to participate and if not, you participate by prayer because this area truly believes that prayer works.

We are a hard-working, God-loving people who help our neighbors and expect a miracle. 

Thanks for the insight on the area and it's residents. Appreciated.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: April 18, 2011, 01:23:13 PM »

Foxnews (cable) is going to discuss the case after the commercial break

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #325 on: April 18, 2011, 01:25:46 PM »

In terms of the tires people have been talking about on craigslist that are for sale (i am not going to post the link because it has the posters phone number on it but if you go on craigslist for Jackson, tennesse and look through the for sale classifieds and type in atv in the search box you should find it)...

there was an ad placed on 4/17 at 12:33 am for new atv tires, the poster says he "need em gone"

this has been passed on to the police already by numerous people but this is what people were referring too when they talk about the tires for sale
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: April 18, 2011, 01:26:15 PM »

Looks like Drew became FB friends with Clint Bobo around Marchish 2010 and then he became FB friends with Holly around Aprilish 2010.  He doesn't post anything that looks like he's been in trouble or anything like that.  He hunts/fishes, rides dirtbikes, etc. 

Thanks New Monkey

It would be interesting to know if a breakup did happened in the "few days" prior to Holly's disappearance.

Janet

++++++

<snipped>

So, after much digging, I have come across this information.  Mind you, I have no verification, but many times, information like this comes out to be true.  This information make more sense than anything else that is out there.

According to the source, Holly had two ex-boyfriends.  One from a few days ago and the other, she had a restraining order against, because he threatened to kill her.  Holly left the house to go to school and her brother heard her arguing with her ex-boyfriend who was dressed in camo, outside the home.  He saw them both walking towards the wooded area of the yard, and he went back to what he was doing.  About an hour later he noticed his sister's car was still in the driveway.  He called his parents, a friend of Holly's and then the ex-boyfriend, and then the police.

<snipped>

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-fbi-says-led-away-not-dragged-through-carport

[/quote

Not to anyone's knowledge & Im getting in touch with a friend of mine that works for The Examiner because this report reads like the National Enquirer

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #327 on: April 18, 2011, 01:29:49 PM »

In terms of the tires people have been talking about on craigslist that are for sale (i am not going to post the link because it has the posters phone number on it but if you go on craigslist for Jackson, tennesse and look through the for sale classifieds and type in atv in the search box you should find it)...

there was an ad placed on 4/17 at 12:33 am for new atv tires, the poster says he "need em gone"

this has been passed on to the police already by numerous people but this is what people were referring too when they talk about the tires for sale

and the person who posted the craigslist ad has "Parson, TN" listed as their location
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: April 18, 2011, 01:38:14 PM »

and the person who posted the craigslist ad has "Parson, TN" listed as their location

Now this is an interesting tip to turn in to LE, could be nothing but the timing does make it worth looking in to.

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #329 on: April 18, 2011, 01:40:34 PM »

Now this is an interesting tip to turn in to LE, could be nothing but the timing does make it worth looking in to.

i agree, if a mod tells me i can post the link i will post the link but i don't want to get in trouble.  i know the police are def aware of it though
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: April 18, 2011, 01:41:59 PM »

Looks like Drew became FB friends with Clint Bobo around Marchish 2010 and then he became FB friends with Holly around Aprilish 2010.  He doesn't post anything that looks like he's been in trouble or anything like that.  He hunts/fishes, rides dirtbikes, etc. 

Thanks New Monkey

Janet

++++++

<snipped>

So, after much digging, I have come across this information.  Mind you, I have no verification, but many times, information like this comes out to be true.  This information make more sense than anything else that is out there.

According to the source, Holly had two ex-boyfriends.  One from a few days ago and the other, she had a restraining order against, because he threatened to kill her.  Holly left the house to go to school and her brother heard her arguing with her ex-boyfriend who was dressed in camo, outside the home.  He saw them both walking towards the wooded area of the yard, and he went back to what he was doing.  About an hour later he noticed his sister's car was still in the driveway.  He called his parents, a friend of Holly's and then the ex-boyfriend, and then the police.

<snipped>

Not to anyone's knowledge & Im getting in touch with a friend of mine that works for The Examiner because this report reads like the National Enquirer

The reporter acknowledges that her/his info as not been confirmed.  That is reason I stated that it would be interesting to know whether a breakup had occured in the "few days" prior Holly Bobo's disappearance.

Capp ... thank you for following up.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: April 18, 2011, 01:43:57 PM »

Klaas/Mods

Please delete #329.  Capp and I were getting into each others boxes.

Thanks

Janet

DONE
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 03:24:56 PM by klaasend » Logged

_____

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: April 18, 2011, 01:55:58 PM »

Mark Gwyn Director of Bureau of Investigation is on scene, he is speaking on Foxnews Cable now.

He said that it is too early to rule out anyone.  Until all the evidence is analyzed "you cant rule out anyone."  He didnt really offer anything new but I'm thinking he will be at the presser scheduled for 3PM this afternoon (as posted by Nunley in my earlier post ^)

I share Whitney's frustration because in the end I'm confident Holly's brother and present boyfriend will be cleared.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: April 18, 2011, 01:57:36 PM »

Thanks New Monkey

Janet

++++++

<snipped>

<snipped>

The reporter acknowledges that her/his info as not been confirmed.  That is reason I stated that it would be interesting to know whether a breakup had occured in the "few days" prior Holly Bobo's disappearance.

Capp ... thank you for following up.

Janet

You are most welcome Janet.   I wrote my contact & waiting to hear back. 

StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #334 on: April 18, 2011, 02:04:43 PM »

if you paste the # into google the way it is it will show other stuff he is selling
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: April 18, 2011, 02:06:26 PM »

Tennessee investigator makes plea for help in Bobo case
Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:02pm EDT

(Reuters) - Tennessee's top investigator on Monday made a public plea for leads in the apparent abduction of a 20-year-old nursing student Holly Bobo five days ago as more than 1,000 volunteers searched for her.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is checking more than 250 leads in the disappearance of Bobo, who is a cousin of country artist Whitney Duncan, Director Mark Gwyn said in an appearance on ABC's "Good Morning America."

"The next analysis of a piece of evidence could be a key in solving this particular incident," Gwyn said. "I can tell you that we have not eliminated anyone from this case."

<snipped>

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/18/us-tennessee-woman-idUSTRE73H4PZ20110418

_____

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: April 18, 2011, 02:07:23 PM »

I set this up last night, its good for another 1 1/2 days & then Ill create a new one

Light a candle for Holly Bobo
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=HOLLY

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #337 on: April 18, 2011, 02:09:39 PM »

(Reuters) - Tennessee's top investigator on Monday made a public plea for leads in the apparent abduction of a 20-year-old nursing student Holly Bobo five days ago as more than 1,000 volunteers searched for her.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is checking more than 250 leads in the disappearance of Bobo, who is a cousin of country artist Whitney Duncan, Director Mark Gwyn said in an appearance on ABC's "Good Morning America."

"The next analysis of a piece of evidence could be a key in solving this particular incident," Gwyn said. "I can tell you that we have not eliminated anyone from this case."

<snipped>

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/18/us-tennessee-woman-idUSTRE73H4PZ20110418

i wonder what the evidence is
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: April 18, 2011, 02:13:49 PM »

<snipped>

i wonder what the evidence is

The lunch purse & it specifically refers to the blood being analyzed:  "When he went outside later, he saw blood and called police. The blood is being analyzed."    I'm sure the duct tape with reported blonde hair that was found is also being analyzed.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: April 18, 2011, 02:14:08 PM »

<snipped by Tamikosmom>

BUMPED

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.