April 25, 2024, 03:42:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo 20, Parsons TN, abducted from home 4/13/11 #1 4/14/11 - 4/25/11  (Read 452087 times)
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #340 on: April 18, 2011, 02:18:40 PM »

Tennessee investigator makes plea for help in Bobo case
Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:02pm EDT

(Reuters) - Tennessee's top investigator on Monday made a public plea for leads in the apparent abduction of a 20-year-old nursing student Holly Bobo five days ago as more than 1,000 volunteers searched for her.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is checking more than 250 leads in the disappearance of Bobo, who is a cousin of country artist Whitney Duncan, Director Mark Gwyn said in an appearance on ABC's "Good Morning America."

"The next analysis of a piece of evidence could be a key in solving this particular incident," Gwyn said. "I can tell you that we have not eliminated anyone from this case."

<snipped>

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/18/us-tennessee-woman-idUSTRE73H4PZ20110418

i wonder what the evidence is

My guess (and it is entirely a guess) is that it is the analysis of the blood found on the carport.
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #341 on: April 18, 2011, 02:33:34 PM »

TOY, my thoughts are similar to yours.  I grew up in very rural Missouri and your community along with the Parsons community remind me very much of my hometown.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #342 on: April 18, 2011, 03:23:54 PM »

In terms of the tires people have been talking about on craigslist that are for sale (i am not going to post the link because it has the posters phone number on it but if you go on craigslist for Jackson, tennesse and look through the for sale classifieds and type in atv in the search box you should find it)...

there was an ad placed on 4/17 at 12:33 am for new atv tires, the poster says he "need em gone"

this has been passed on to the police already by numerous people but this is what people were referring too when they talk about the tires for sale

and the person who posted the craigslist ad has "Parson, TN" listed as their location

NOTE:  This is likely a perfectly honest Craigslist AD

« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 03:45:22 PM by klaasend » Logged
sdmike1974
Scared Monkey

« Reply #343 on: April 18, 2011, 03:24:57 PM »

In an attempt to catch up I just jumped into this thread. So forgive me if the topic of family polygraphs has already been broached.

There seems to be growing questions (not necessarily suspicions) both on Fox News (Sun  & Mon) and elsewhere about whether LE has been able to absolutely clear the brother and/or the boyfriend.

I think it would not only help the investigation (to sharpen focus) but would minimize any growing suspicions if everyone took a polygraph - i.e., mother, father, brother and boyfriend. I think Marc Klaas would agree.

It is especially important to determine if the brother's report is accurate and totally truthful. Otherwise the abduction and/or homicide could have occurred at any time or any place - including inside the family home. We need to try an eliminate any suspicion along those lines.

Your thoughts?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: April 18, 2011, 03:35:06 PM »

In an attempt to catch up I just jumped into this thread. So forgive me if the topic of family polygraphs has already been broached.

There seems to be growing questions (not necessarily suspicions) both on Fox News (Sun  & Mon) and elsewhere about whether LE has been able to absolutely clear the brother and/or the boyfriend.

I think it would not only help the investigation (to sharpen focus) but would minimize any growing suspicions if everyone took a polygraph - i.e., mother, father, brother and boyfriend. I think Marc Klaas would agree.

It is especially important to determine if the brother's report is accurate and totally truthful. Otherwise the abduction and/or homicide could have occurred at any time or any place - including inside the family home. We need to try an eliminate any suspicion along those lines.

Your thoughts?

Considering it is all about the truth encompassing the disappearance of Holly ... I agree 100%.  In the process of elimination ... if I were a family member or the boyfriend ... I would be making a path to the door of the LE station pleading for a polygraph so the investigation could move past me as a person of interest.

Welcome to the cage sdmike!!!

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #345 on: April 18, 2011, 03:36:52 PM »

Your thoughts?

Welcome SD! - as far as I know nothing has been mentioned about polygraphs.  As of yesterday they are saying nobody is being ruled out as a suspect.
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #346 on: April 18, 2011, 03:38:18 PM »

Your thoughts?

i can definitely see how this could be beneficial, my personal opinion is that the police and investigators have someone on their radar that they are looking at closely and are kind of using the media at this point to their advantage.  i think there is a strategy in place so maybe the person responsible starts to feel comfortable that maybe they will get away with their crime. i don't think the person responsible is holly's brother or boyfriend
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #347 on: April 18, 2011, 03:52:04 PM »

Your thoughts?

Welcome SD! - as far as I know nothing has been mentioned about polygraphs.  As of yesterday they are saying nobody is being ruled out as a suspect.

My gut feeling that has let me down time and time again but ... on the other hand ... has also been one with outcomes ... is now telling me that Clint and Drew have not taken a polygraph.  My gut feeling is also telling me that both of these young men have retained attorneys.  When compared to other missing person cases ... think about their silence in the media as well as the talk show circuit.

If no ruled out as a suspect in a missing person's case ... attorneys instruct their client not to speak to media sources and ...  that their client not comply with investigators' request to take a polygraph.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #348 on: April 18, 2011, 03:58:16 PM »

Looks like they are setting up for a press conference:

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #349 on: April 18, 2011, 03:58:58 PM »

Your thoughts?

Of course taking a poly would be one thing that could lead toward eliminating individuals but it is not the only criteria for that to be determined.  I am more than positive that LE did (that the public is not aware of at this time) or will be conducting ones for those close to Holly.  The only thing that is publicly being discussed is the misreporting of what the brother saw, when he saw it & when he realized it appeared it wasnt her current boyfriend as he originally thought...it doesnt seem to rise to the speculation that is occurring in this case unless and until something more forthcoming from LE is stated.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #350 on: April 18, 2011, 04:01:16 PM »

TBI:  Reward increased by governor.  $50k for the arrest and conviction and then still the 25k for information.

They will be using sonar or special equipment to search the water areas.

No information on the blood found yet.

They will follow wherever the leads take them
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #351 on: April 18, 2011, 04:06:25 PM »

i wonder if tes will become involved in this search
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #352 on: April 18, 2011, 04:07:12 PM »

NO POI's in the case

They are analyzing items to determine if it is connected to Holly.

They are searching in the Natchez Trail State Park area.

The man speaking is the Director of TBI, Mark Gwyn.

They are conducting neighbor canvasses.

They reiterated that they believe it was someone that knew Holly & lives in the community knowing her comings and goings.

Holly's brother is the one eyewitness & couldnt give a description (other than what was reported)

They will run every lead to the very end, "we dont deal with rumors."   "What we must do is stay focused."

"We'll look at all possibilities and all persons."

Asking community to recall last Wed, if anyone was acting differently...possibly not showing up for work.

"I dont think there is any major change that would have us going in another direction."

ATV or regular vehicle could have accessed the area around her home.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #353 on: April 18, 2011, 04:07:55 PM »

TBI:  Reward increased by governor.  $50k for the arrest and conviction and then still the 25k for information.

They will be using sonar or special equipment to search the water areas.

No information on the blood found yet.

They will follow wherever the leads take them

At the end of the PC he was asked about a cell phone and he wouldn't answer that question, if they found a cell phone.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #354 on: April 18, 2011, 04:08:50 PM »

LE is moving to the National Guard area, media welcome to follow per katherine Helms of TBI

Volunteers will remain at the Decauter County Fairgrounds

Kshe78
Scared Monkey

« Reply #355 on: April 18, 2011, 04:13:57 PM »

Hi all - I used to read here constantly with the Natalee case, and posted sometimes.  Sad that I'm back because of another missing person....but when the questions started forming about this case, I knew just the place to go look to try and learn more! Smile

With regards to the Craigslist tire ad - I googled that phone number, and found an ad that was removed (and there isn't a cached version) but the description looks like that person was trying to sell the ATV back on March 13, and even mentions the tires.  Not sure if this is the proper way to paste it, but here's the listing:

1986 Honda Big Red 250 3Wheeler 350 o.b.o!!!!Mar 13, 2011 ... Any question call r text 731-845-4760 350$ O.B.O Tires on back are worth 120bucks. Location: Parsons; it's NOT ok to contact this poster ...
jacksontn.craigslist.org › for sale / wanted › recreational vehicles- Block all craigslist.org results
Not helpful? You can block craigslist.org results when you're signed in to search. craigslist.org
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #356 on: April 18, 2011, 04:16:35 PM »

Hi all - I used to read here constantly with the Natalee case, and posted sometimes.  Sad that I'm back because of another missing person....but when the questions started forming about this case, I knew just the place to go look to try and learn more! Smile

With regards to the Craigslist tire ad - I googled that phone number, and found an ad that was removed (and there isn't a cached version) but the description looks like that person was trying to sell the ATV back on March 13, and even mentions the tires.  Not sure if this is the proper way to paste it, but here's the listing:

1986 Honda Big Red 250 3Wheeler 350 o.b.o!!!!Mar 13, 2011 ... Any question call r text 731-845-4760 350$ O.B.O Tires on back are worth 120bucks. Location: Parsons; it's NOT ok to contact this poster ...
jacksontn.craigslist.org › for sale / wanted › recreational vehicles- Block all craigslist.org results
Not helpful? You can block craigslist.org results when you're signed in to search. craigslist.org

Well that date pretty much eliminates that...no need to get rid of tires before the commission of a crime that may have evidence on it.

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #357 on: April 18, 2011, 04:16:41 PM »

I am getting the sense that LE has no earthly idea what happened to this girl.  They're still asking people to think back to Wednesday and remember if anyone was acting strangely.  If they knew who took her and that person was still missing they'd be asking people to look for him.  So either they know who it is and need people to come forward with information or they have no clue who did it.  Not knocking LE, I just think they've had so little with which to work.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #358 on: April 18, 2011, 04:16:50 PM »

Welcome back. and thanks for this info.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #359 on: April 18, 2011, 04:18:08 PM »

Nunley's report of the TBI presser:

Press conference ends
less than 5 seconds ago via web
TBI: Law enforcement will now be staging at the National guard Armory in Parsons
half a minute ago via web
No comment about alleged cell phone activity
1 minute ago via web
TBI: We need the public to think back, figure out if someone was asking unusual Wednesday
3 minutes ago via web
TBI: We don't deal with rumors. We stick to facts. as long as leads come in here, we will be here
4 minutes ago via web
TBI: We feel like the person (suspect) is right here in the community
5 minutes ago via web
TBI: We never know what we will turn up in the next 5 minutes...thats where our hope is..
6 minutes ago via web
TBI: No searches have gone beyond state lines
7 minutes ago via web
TBI: We are trying to figure out what items may be linked to Holly
8 minutes ago via web
TBI: There is no person of interest
8 minutes ago via web
TBI: We are searching waterways
9 minutes ago via web
TBI: Governor has increased reward to a total of $75,000.00
9 minutes ago via web
The director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is slated to speak in moments #hollybobo
11 minutes ago via web
http://twitter.com/willnunley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.