April 24, 2024, 08:30:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo 20, Parsons TN, abducted from home 4/13/11 #1 4/14/11 - 4/25/11  (Read 452038 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #380 on: April 18, 2011, 06:06:20 PM »

From another forum:

http://forums.barrelhorseworld.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=350991&start=1

Bug Is Alive

Posted 2011-04-17 10:42 AM (#5627234 - in reply to #5626143)
Subject: RE: Kidnapped girl in TN   

have to go outside, but real info is that there are 2 different scenarios, I don't know why.  Scanner says one thing and a local inside source says another.  I guess it will all play out.  Prayers for her because they found her jeans in the woods yesterday and that doesn't sound good.

Fact: Holly had just broke up with her current boyfriend and had a restraining order against the ex boyfriend.  Fact:  One of the boyfriends is accounted for and cleared.  The other boyfriend went to work that morning and then left and is still missing, and they think he took her.

Scenario 1: The brother heard her arguing with the boyfriend, looked out the window and saw them walking towards the backyard.  He didn't think much of it until he left for work 45 minutes later and Holly's car was still in the driveway and there was blood there.  Then he called 911 and his mother, who is a schoolteacher.

Scenario 2:  Someone tried to break in the house (according to scanner reports) and the brother heard Holly scream as someone was taking her and he tried to chase them, but had to turn around when they threatened to kill him or Holly.

Edited by Bug Is Alive 2011-04-17 11:06 AM

horsingaround

Posted 2011-04-17 12:39 PM (#5627343 - in reply to #5626143)

Ima Cool Kid

Location: TN   Were headed out today on horse back. We live with in 10 miles of her home I sold her mom 2 trophy saddles last year.
Its been said she wrote her name on a dollar bill and 2 pages from her Nursing books and left them in the woods off yellow Springs trail????

At least the weather is cooperating today!

Edited by horsingaround 2011-04-17 12:41 PM
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #381 on: April 18, 2011, 06:08:00 PM »

Natalee Holloway's Aunt Speaks About Holly Bobo Case
4:10 p.m. CDT, April 18, 2011

<snipped>

Allison knows Bobo's parent's agony. That's why she is reaching out to Holly Bobo's family, in hopes of providing comfort. She hasn't gotten in touch with them yet.

"It's difficult times right now, the only things they can do is know that God is on their side," said Allison about what she would tell Bobo's parents.

She understands the hardest part for the family does not know where Holly is. Holloway's family is still looking for answers.

"Of course that all lies with Van der Sloot and if he would ever come clean and tell the truth, hopefully we would have some resolution to our case," said Allison.

Allison is praying for Bobo's family in hopes they will find answers and hopefully a happy ending.

As for Joran van der Sloot, he has yet to be tried in the Peru murder case.

Allison says there is a mound of evidence against him. She says Peru does not have a death penalty and the maximum sentence for murder is 35 years.

Holloway's family continues to spread the world about traveling safety.

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-holloways-aunt,0,1903927.story

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #382 on: April 18, 2011, 06:29:02 PM »

From another forum:

http://forums.barrelhorseworld.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=350991&start=1

Bug Is Alive

have to go outside, but real info is that there are 2 different scenarios, I don't know why.  Scanner says one thing and a local inside source says another.  I guess it will all play out.  Prayers for her because they found her jeans in the woods yesterday and that doesn't sound good.

Fact: Holly had just broke up with her current boyfriend and had a restraining order against the ex boyfriend.  Fact:  One of the boyfriends is accounted for and cleared.  The other boyfriend went to work that morning and then left and is still missing, and they think he took her.

Scenario 1: The brother heard her arguing with the boyfriend, looked out the window and saw them walking towards the backyard.  He didn't think much of it until he left for work 45 minutes later and Holly's car was still in the driveway and there was blood there.  Then he called 911 and his mother, who is a schoolteacher.

Scenario 2:  Someone tried to break in the house (according to scanner reports) and the brother heard Holly scream as someone was taking her and he tried to chase them, but had to turn around when they threatened to kill him or Holly.

horsingaround

Ima Cool Kid

Location: TN   Were headed out today on horse back. We live with in 10 miles of her home I sold her mom 2 trophy saddles last year.
Its been said she wrote her name on a dollar bill and 2 pages from her Nursing books and left them in the woods off yellow Springs trail????

Thanks Klaas

It was on the 15th or 16th that I read the same account regarding the ex-boyfriend on a different forum.  I am checking but I think it was Topic.

Is this a rumor that is being furthered or does it reflect the truth.  If it is the the truth ... I cannot comprend why LE is not reaching out to the public to assistance in locating this guy who threatening Holly's life and ... his vehicle.  I am concerned that someone is going to come upon an abandoned vehicle with two bodies inside.

Janet

++++++

Capp

I read a media comment or post on another forum which stated that this ex-boyfriend showed up late for work on the morning of April 13th and ... left sometime later and ... nobody has seen him since.  I have not brought it up before because I forgot where I read the comment or post ... it was an unnamed source and ... there has been no media report implying a person of interest was missing.

This recent comment confirms what I read a while back.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kshe78
Scared Monkey

« Reply #383 on: April 18, 2011, 06:43:18 PM »

According to Holly's boyfriend's brother's facebook page (follow all that, lol?) he was out with searchers over the weekend.  He mentions himself (the brother), his dad and another brother were out with searches over the weekend.  It's not clear if the brother was Holly's boyfriend, or another brother they have.  Because he has another status message on Friday thanking a different brother for coming down and hanging all day and night.

If that's not clear....I'll stick with first names. I feel it's probably ok to do that, since I figured it out by just looking at Facebook.

Drew - boyfriend
Derek - brother (older)
Jimmy - possibly a 3rd brother, who doesn't live in the same town.

At any rate, the boyfriend's family is actively involved with the volunteer search. 

Just something to note.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #384 on: April 18, 2011, 06:51:16 PM »

Holly Bobo Reward Tripled by Tennessee Governor to $75,000
Cops Believe the Student's Kidnapper Lives in the Area
PARSONS, Tenn. April 18, 2011

The governor of Tennessee today tripled the reward to $75,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever abducted missing Tennessee woman Holly Bobo, who was snatched from her home and led into the woods by a shadowy stranger five days ago.

The governor of Tennessee today tripled the reward to $75,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever abducted missing Tennessee woman Holly Bobo, who was snatched from her home and led into the woods by a shadowy stranger five days ago.

Gov. Bill Haslam approved a $50,000 reward from the state, in addition to a $25,000 reward already offered by Bobo's community.

Investigators believe Bobo's abductor lives in or near the 20-year-old college student's town of Parsons, Tenn., and have asked her neighbors to report any unusual activity or a break in peoples' routine those noticed in recent days.

"The person responsible for Holly's disappearance lives in the area," said Mark Gwyn, director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. "Because of the terrain, you have to know where you're going, entrances and exits. We feel the person is in the community. We're asking the community if you know someone who has changed their routine, please let us know."

Gwyn said signs of suspicious activity include calling in sick to work over the past week, excessively cleaning a car or all-terrain vehicle, or unexpectedly selling a vehicle.

He said there is no person of interest in the case, but said police are following more than 250 leads.

<snipped>

Video
http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-reward-tripled-75000/story?id=13397819

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #385 on: April 18, 2011, 07:05:36 PM »

http://www.volnation.com/forum/pub/127130-holly-bobo-kidnapping-12.html#post4907742

Old 04-15-2011, 01:01 PM      #180 (permalink)
V4L

[Tennessee Volunteers] [Boston Red Sox] [Tennessee Titans]

This morning the FBI has put out missing person information for Holly Bobo and they are not using the word "dragged".

As you all know, new information has been slim on the case of missing Holly Bobo, from Tennesee.*

The police have not let any information out.* No suspected vehicle type, no description of the man, other than camo clothing, and that came from her brother.*

Over the last few days speculation on the actions of Holly's brother have been full of rumors.* Many are going as far as blaming her brother, who was there during the incident for not intervening.

I thought last night that too many were jumping to conclusion.* There was no doubt in my mind that he would have intervened if he could have, but my first guess was that maybe he couldn't. Maybe he was upstairs and seen what was going on from an upstairs window or maybe the guy had a gun to Holly's head and he couldn't do anything.

So, after much digging, I have come across this information.* Mind you, I have no verification, but many times, information like this comes out to be true.* This information make more sense than anything else that is out there.

According to the source, Holly had two ex-boyfriends.* One from a few days ago and the other, she had a restraining order against, because he threatened to kill her.* Holly left the house to go to school and her brother heard her arguing with her ex-boyfriend who was dressed in camo, outside the home.* He saw them both walking towards the wooded area of the yard, and he went back to what he was doing.* About an hour later he noticed his sister's car was still in the driveway.* He called his parents, a friend of Holly's and then the ex-boyfriend, and then the police.*Holly's ex-boyfriend was at work earlier and then left and he has not been seen since.

So, according to this information there was no dragging.* Holly was not dragged into the woods, and it looks as though her brother never used the words "dragged".* So everyone that is reporting that the brother said she was dragged, may have been putting words in his mouth.

Then this morning, the FBI says "She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man…" So, there you have it.* Led away is not even close to "dragged".

This scenario that we all have had in our head of her being dragged kicking and screaming, while her family was watching is not true.

It is still terrible that she is gone, but now that this information is out, we can all concentrate on searching for her. I'm just sorry that the well-meaning public was given this misleading information.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #386 on: April 18, 2011, 07:10:41 PM »

people on the facebook page are saying that there are rumors going around that she has been found and not alive. i hope these are just rumors Sad  I think if this was true it would have been reported in the news or leaked out by now to a news source
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #387 on: April 18, 2011, 07:22:34 PM »

people on the facebook page are saying that there are rumors going around that she has been found and not alive. i hope these are just rumors Sad  I think if this was true it would have been reported in the news or leaked out by now to a news source

Sad  I agree, and am praying they are rumors.......does anyone know the name of the ex BF? I would love to know if he is a son, friend of my friend's kids there....not a huge jump considering the population of the area and almost everyone knows everyone, and if they don't then something is really odd

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #388 on: April 18, 2011, 07:25:51 PM »

From another forum:

Bug Is Alive

horsingaround

Ima Cool Kid

Thanks Klaas

It was on the 15th or 16th that I read the same account regarding the ex-boyfriend on a different forum.  I am checking but I think it was Topic.

Is this a rumor that is being furthered or does it reflect the truth.  If it is the the truth ... I cannot comprend why LE is not reaching out to the public to assistance in locating this guy who threatening Holly's life and ... his vehicle.  I am concerned that someone is going to come upon an abandoned vehicle with two bodies inside.

Janet

Found it!!

Considering the date of this article was April 15th ... maybe this ex-boyfriend has now been located and ruled out as a person of interest.  Today Mark Gwyn, director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation stated to media that there was NO persons of interest.

Janet

++++

Holly Bobo: FBI says "led away" not dragged through carport
April 15th, 2011 1:28 pm ET

<snipped>

According to the source, Holly had two ex-boyfriends.  One from a few days ago and the other, she had a restraining order against, because he threatened to kill her.  Holly left the house to go to school and her brother heard her arguing with her ex-boyfriend who was dressed in camo, outside the home.  He saw them both walking towards the wooded area of the yard, and he went back to what he was doing.  About an hour later he noticed his sister's car was still in the driveway.  He called his parents, a friend of Holly's and then the ex-boyfriend, and then the police.

Holly's ex-boyfriend was at work earlier and then left and he has not been seen since.

<snipped>

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-fbi-says-led-away-not-dragged-through-carport

_____

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #389 on: April 18, 2011, 07:28:39 PM »

From another forum:

Bug Is Alive

horsingaround

Ima Cool Kid

Thanks Klaas

Janet

Found it!!

Considering the date of this article was April 15th ... maybe this ex-boyfriend has now been located and ruled out as a person of interest.  Today Mark Gwyn, director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation stated to media that there was NO persons of interest.

Janet

++++

<snipped>

According to the source, Holly had two ex-boyfriends.  One from a few days ago and the other, she had a restraining order against, because he threatened to kill her.  Holly left the house to go to school and her brother heard her arguing with her ex-boyfriend who was dressed in camo, outside the home.  He saw them both walking towards the wooded area of the yard, and he went back to what he was doing.  About an hour later he noticed his sister's car was still in the driveway.  He called his parents, a friend of Holly's and then the ex-boyfriend, and then the police.

Holly's ex-boyfriend was at work earlier and then left and he has not been seen since.

<snipped>

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-fbi-says-led-away-not-dragged-through-carport

If possible I am even more confused....why call her ex BF and not her current BF {unless he is a very recent ex, but I doubt that is the one that is mentioned}, and also was it the ex of Drew that worked at Cuba Landing?

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #390 on: April 18, 2011, 07:29:50 PM »

_____

StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #391 on: April 18, 2011, 07:31:30 PM »

According to Holly's boyfriend's brother's facebook page (follow all that, lol?) he was out with searchers over the weekend.  He mentions himself (the brother), his dad and another brother were out with searches over the weekend.  It's not clear if the brother was Holly's boyfriend, or another brother they have.  Because he has another status message on Friday thanking a different brother for coming down and hanging all day and night.

If that's not clear....I'll stick with first names. I feel it's probably ok to do that, since I figured it out by just looking at Facebook.

Drew - boyfriend
Derek - brother (older)
Jimmy - possibly a 3rd brother, who doesn't live in the same town.

At any rate, the boyfriend's family is actively involved with the volunteer search. 

Just something to note.
I was thinking about that earlier wondering if maybe he meant another brother was helping the search. he never mentioned a name. He did mention that his brother was Hollys BF in another comment. so not clear if he meant drew or jimmy helping with the search.
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #392 on: April 18, 2011, 07:34:49 PM »

From another forum:

Bug Is Alive

horsingaround

Ima Cool Kid

Thanks Klaas

Janet

Found it!!

Janet

++++

<snipped>

<snipped>

If possible I am even more confused....why call her ex BF and not her current BF {unless he is a very recent ex, but I doubt that is the one that is mentioned}, and also was it the ex of Drew that worked at Cuba Landing?
It is confusing maybe it was a back n forth thing? would be interesting to know who was the BF before this one and how long they were together, and if there was a restraining order.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #393 on: April 18, 2011, 07:37:07 PM »

<snipped>

So, after much digging, I have come across this information.  Mind you, I have no verification, but many times, information like this comes out to be true.  This information make more sense than anything else that is out there.

<snipped>

If the ex-boyfriend who has threatening the life of Holly cannot be located since her disappearance ... why is LE not posting an amber alert with a photo of this guy and a description of his vehicle.

This is crazy.  Holly may still be alive.

Janet

They dont put amber alerts out on persons of interest.   If they receive evidence thru probable cause if anything they would put out a Bolo BUT right now A) they have no proof she is with a particular person B) they dont have a description of a vehicle.

For crying out loud!  This guy has a history!  He has threatened the life of Holly!  There is a restraining order against him!  He is missing!  Holly is missing!  Records would reveal the vehicle registered to him!

I believe I have entered the Twilight Zone.  Nothing makes sense.

Holly Bobo's well-being should be the priority.

Janet

Janet, sweetie we dont know this to be a FACT yet.   The post from someone who appears to have knowledge & LE having info confirmation of same are two different things.  Now, if indeed it is factual (as I suspected all along) that there is an EX especially with a restraining order then yes I would expect LE to take whatever means possible to bring that individual in for questioning.   Noted also in that comment was that LE couldnt find him....I guess we will have to see what gets disclosed as the case moves on. 

I called my contact, we crossed paths so Im waiting for a call back on the the other thing.

Capp

I read a media comment or post on another forum which stated that this ex-boyfriend showed up late for work on the morning of April 13th and ... left sometime later and ... nobody has seen him since.  I have not brought it up before because I forgot where I read the comment or post ... it was an unnamed source and ... there has been no media report implying a person of interest was missing.

This recent comment comfirms what I read a while back.

Could it be that investigators are connecting the dots behind the scenes and ... an arrest is forthcoming.  I had hoped that this was happening in the Hailey Dunn case but so far ....

Janet

This is what I can say, my contact is getting in touch with TBI & tips are being forwarded.   We'll have to wait but it does appear that there was an ex boyfriend, possibly from high school days.   I havent read anything about someone arriving to work late and leaving early but if that post is found Id like to be pointed to it.

PS Kathy Johnson is the cousin that appeared on Shepard Smith's Foxnews show earlier today, he's repeating his report live now.    Discussing any ATV or vehicle peculiar behavior being asked to be reported.   Again, discussing that the lunch purse was found 8 miles away from her home.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #394 on: April 18, 2011, 07:45:42 PM »

JVM discussing the case now..Holly's mom is soooo devastated. so sad to see her. Pray that her daughter will be returned to her. No one ever expects that something like this will happen in their family, especially in a small town like this one..so sad..you go to work and get a call that your darling daughter has been taken from their home..What a nightmare..

Toy..thanks for your opinions on this case and giving us a closer look into the community..appreciate it very much.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #395 on: April 18, 2011, 07:46:16 PM »

This is what I can say, my contact is getting in touch with TBI & tips are being forwarded.   We'll have to wait but it does appear that there was an ex boyfriend, possibly from high school days.   I havent read anything about someone arriving to work late and leaving early but if that post is found Id like to be pointed to it.

PS Kathy Johnson is the cousin that appeared on Shepard Smith's Foxnews show earlier today, he's repeating his report live now.    Discussing any ATV or vehicle peculiar behavior being asked to be reported.   Again, discussing that the lunch purse was found 8 miles away from her home.

Thanks Capp.  Monkeys appreciate your efforts

Janet.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #396 on: April 18, 2011, 07:56:36 PM »

This is what I can say, my contact is getting in touch with TBI & tips are being forwarded.   We'll have to wait but it does appear that there was an ex boyfriend, possibly from high school days.  I havent read anything about someone arriving to work late and leaving early but if that post is found Id like to be pointed to it.

Janet.

<snipped>

<snipped>

_____

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #397 on: April 18, 2011, 08:09:07 PM »

This is what I can say, my contact is getting in touch with TBI & tips are being forwarded.   We'll have to wait but it does appear that there was an ex boyfriend, possibly from high school days.  I havent read anything about someone arriving to work late and leaving early but if that post is found Id like to be pointed to it.

Janet.

<snipped>

<snipped>

Thank you Janet.  There seems to be a rather large conflict as to what Holly's current b/f's status is, by all accounts other than this forum post above ^ they were not broken up and dating for about a year.    To me that same forum post seems rather sensationalist that jeans are also being reported to be found when that has not be reported on anywhere else.

This article you posted Janet is referring to an ex-boyfriend and its not clear if they mean Drew or an ex from a previous relationship.   I'm hoping for some clarity tonight or tomorrow.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #398 on: April 18, 2011, 08:20:35 PM »

Again, there is NOTHING being reported elsewhere on this:
Bug Is Alive

Posted 2011-04-17 9:28 AM (#5627157 - in reply to #5626143)
Location: East of the Pecos   I'm a member of a true crime site that shares the police scanner information.  They found an abandoned vehicle on some small road near the woods with the engine still warm and Holly's cell phone on the front seat and camo clothing in the back seat.  They weren't releasing information on who owned the vehicle yet, but they know.  She did have a stalker, could be him.

Their home had an alarm and the alarm went off, so someone was breaking in.  A female from inside the house called 911, they think it was Holly, but when 911 tried to call back, there was no answer.  They talked like the brother was in the shower at the time (it was 7:30 am) so that would explain him not knowing what was going on right away.  LE thinks she is trying to leave some sort of trail for them, so someone definitely has her there.  It doesn't sound good, I hope they find her alive and soon.

Bug Is Alive

Posted 2011-04-17 9:47 AM (#5627174 - in reply to #5626143)

Location: East of the Pecos   I belong to Websleuths.com.  You have to be a member to access the scanner information.  Your husband will spend hours there.  It's a very controlled true crime community site and they have strict rules for posting, but there are literally thousands of discussions on criminal cases that include information from families involved and things you won't see reported.  I've always been a true crime fan, and it's the best site out there.  Another good site is Mydeathspace.com, but not as good as the first one.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #399 on: April 18, 2011, 08:25:10 PM »

NG covering the case....Ill have to catch the repeat later, too busy to watch it right now.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.