March 19, 2024, 05:13:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo 20, Parsons TN, abducted from home 4/13/11 #1 4/14/11 - 4/25/11  (Read 450143 times)
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #760 on: April 23, 2011, 01:52:18 PM »

willnunley Will Nunley
Rescue workers man the '5 forks' command post, the first search site, just up the road from the Bobo property. http://bit.ly/eCNzEx
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Will Nunley
willnunley Will Nunley
Authorities stand guard outside of the Bobo home, 24 hours a day. http://bit.ly/dLANBp #hollybobo
5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Will Nunley
willnunley Will Nunley
Source: at least three command posts remain active around different parts of Decatur County as of this moment. #hollybobo
11 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»

Will Nunley
willnunley Will Nunley
Reminder: all public search parties are organized and guided by emergency leaders. Sign up at decatur county fairgrounds.

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #761 on: April 23, 2011, 01:58:23 PM »

Just an FYI- there has been no arrest in connection with Holly's disappearance to date and no confession of any person's.

Thanks Blink

Considering that rumors tend to abound in unsourced Facebook comments  ... I attempt not to get too excited about any updates until a media report is forthcoming.

However ... if my one of my theories that implies an impulsive action gone terribly wrong ... I believe a confession will happen sooner or later.  In other words ... the perpetrator possesses a conscience.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #762 on: April 23, 2011, 02:08:41 PM »

willnunley Will Nunley
509 volunteers as of 1:00 pm. #teamholly

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #763 on: April 23, 2011, 02:41:32 PM »

willnunley Will Nunley
Following crews out searching in the Smith Gravel Pit road area. It's rough back in here. But the search goes on

StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #764 on: April 23, 2011, 03:38:25 PM »

Just an FYI- there has been no arrest in connection with Holly's disappearance to date and no confession of any person's.

Thanks Blink

Considering that rumors tend to abound in unsourced Facebook comments  ... I attempt not to get too excited about any updates until a media report is forthcoming.

However ... if my one of my theories that implies an impulsive action gone terribly wrong ... I believe a confession will happen sooner or later.  In other words ... the perpetrator possesses a conscience.

Janet

Thanks Blink.. terrible rumors spread like wildfire..and everyone wants to know if there is hope in finding Holly soon.
 I agree Janet I hope sooner, hope the perp is found or gives up soon.

God Bless Holly and her family
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #765 on: April 23, 2011, 03:41:09 PM »

willnunley Will Nunley
Volunteer: "it seems like one cold trail after another" as some frustration surfaces.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #766 on: April 23, 2011, 04:30:30 PM »

OK, this is rather odd 

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-bob-friday,0,1689775.story

::snipping2::

As everyone grows physically weary, they all stay emotionally determined to bring Holly home safely.

T-shirts bearing the favorite scripture of Holly's mother were sold for the Holly Bobo Fund.

The proceeds are not going to the reward fund, but to Holly herself.

D'Lynn Burton, a close family friend and neighbor, helped sell the shirts. "Her mother asked me. When Holly comes home, she wants her to have some money so she can go on a vacation, or just treat herself with anything she wants."

So far 2,500 shirts have been sold at $12 apiece. ( =$30,000 )

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #767 on: April 23, 2011, 04:49:09 PM »

OK, this is rather odd 

As everyone grows physically weary, they all stay emotionally determined to bring Holly home safely.

T-shirts bearing the favorite scripture of Holly's mother were sold for the Holly Bobo Fund.

D'Lynn Burton, a close family friend and neighbor, helped sell the shirts. "Her mother asked me. When Holly comes home, she wants her to have some money so she can go on a vacation, or just treat herself with anything she wants."

Yes, that is rather odd. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #768 on: April 23, 2011, 05:08:31 PM »

OK, this is rather odd 

Yes, that is rather odd. 

I agree, very strange!
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #769 on: April 23, 2011, 05:41:00 PM »

OK, this is rather odd 

Yes, that is rather odd. 

I agree, very strange!

If ( God forbid) Holly doesn't come home where does the money go ?

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #770 on: April 23, 2011, 05:44:36 PM »

Who knows where the money would go, but most importantly it should be used to bring her home to begin with first IMO. Or to give it to all the resources who paid for her reward money.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #771 on: April 23, 2011, 06:17:27 PM »

OK, this is rather odd 

Yes, that is rather odd. 

I should have added that the profit is likely not more than $1 per shirt so that would be more like $2500 for Holly but STILL, it just doesn't sound kosher to me.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #772 on: April 23, 2011, 06:25:14 PM »

I want to make it clear, even though I think the t-shirt stuff is odd, I am in no way suggesting family members have anything to do with Holly missing. 
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #773 on: April 23, 2011, 06:31:14 PM »

OK, this is rather odd 

Something tells me this was taken entirely out of context.  I can think of no greater tunnel vision than that of a Mother whose child is missing.  Perhaps Mrs. Bobo expressed concern at the barrage of media that Holly will face and said she'd need a vacation.  I think even that would be an off-the-cuff remark because my guess is the last thing she would want is for her daughter to leave her sight for anything once she is home again.  I just don't for a minute believe that this TN teacher mom is focusing on money in any shape or form for anyone. The comment in this article seems totally out of character for what we have heard and read testified about this family. I just don't believe it...were they self-serving people, this community would not have reacted as they did.  It's a shame when media forgets its role is to report the news...not create it. Sometimes I wonder if the first lesson in Journalism 101 is to create controversy when the story is stagnating.
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #774 on: April 23, 2011, 06:37:28 PM »

OK, this is rather odd 

Yes, that is rather odd. 

I should have added that the profit is likely not more than $1 per shirt so that would be more like $2500 for Holly but STILL, it just doesn't sound kosher to me.

Under the circumstances it's possible a local business produced these t-shirts to assist and that they only expect to receive "their" cost or reimbursement for the actual shirt and are "donating" the printing costs. Since they would buy in bulk, I suspect the actual cost of the shirt is quite reasonable depending on the quality. I wouldn't be surprised if about 50% of the shirt is going into Holly's fund. It does seem odd, and it would be considerate to designate some of the t-shirt funds back to the community to help defer the costs to LE and to support all the volunteers involved in the search, but people do strange things under stressful situations. I just hope they find Holly soon and that she is safe...it's not looking good as more time passes.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #775 on: April 23, 2011, 06:47:07 PM »

OK, this is rather odd 

Something tells me this was taken entirely out of context.  I can think of no greater tunnel vision than that of a Mother whose child is missing.  Perhaps Mrs. Bobo expressed concern at the barrage of media that Holly will face and said she'd need a vacation.  I think even that would be an off-the-cuff remark because my guess is the last thing she would want is for her daughter to leave her sight for anything once she is home again.  I just don't for a minute believe that this TN teacher mom is focusing on money in any shape or form for anyone. The comment in this article seems totally out of character for what we have heard and read testified about this family. I just don't believe it...were they self-serving people, this community would not have reacted as they did.  It's a shame when media forgets its role is to report the news...not create it. Sometimes I wonder if the first lesson in Journalism 101 is to create controversy when the story is stagnating.

I totally agree with the bolded. 
bamagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #776 on: April 23, 2011, 08:04:21 PM »

OK, this is rather odd 

I totally agree with the bolded. 

Hello All!  Its been a while since I have posted, but I still read Kyron and Hailey threads daily.  The Holly story has hit close to home for me, actually I am just south from where Holly is from across the state line.  I too agree that the selling of shirts is completely out of character of what I have heard regarding this family.  Having said that there still are a few "kinks" for lack of a better word that keeps stumbling me.  I was hoping that each day the questions I still have will be answered by LE, TBI, FBI or somebody but it has not happened.  I pray that Holly is safe and all the questions people have will soon be answered.  Please everyone have a blessed Easter!   an angelic monkey
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #777 on: April 23, 2011, 08:56:56 PM »

Have a nice Easter all!

flower

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #778 on: April 24, 2011, 12:38:24 AM »

Have a nice Easter all!

flower

Janet
Happy Easter to you also Janet and to all the monkeys. Praying for an Easter Miracle that Holly is brought home safely to her family and friends.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #779 on: April 24, 2011, 12:55:19 AM »

Im home from searching for Holly.  I'm going to post a few pics (two more are on my dinosaur of a cell phone & need a way to get those uploaded)   I need to rest & unwind but tomorrow I'll write a rundown of the day which was very eventful.

Entrance door to Decatur Farigrounds

Inside the center

Program from the vigil
The stamp on my hand is my search ID# and the bus #

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.