March 28, 2024, 04:41:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo 20, Parsons TN, abducted from home 4/13/11 #1 4/14/11 - 4/25/11  (Read 450436 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #840 on: April 24, 2011, 10:37:25 PM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110424/NEWS25/110424003/Item-found-search-Holly-Bobo?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

A group of volunteers walking along U.S. 641/Tenn. 69 today found an item near 100 Eaton St. as searchers combed the terrain in northern Decatur County on foot in the hunt for missing nursing student Holly Bobo.

100 Eaton is a concrete co.
Here is an article from 1 hr ago TBI confirms abducter lives in Parsons.
http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=13448569

Star, it specifically states "Investigators have said they believe Bobo's abductor lives in or near the 20-year-old college student's town of Parsons, Tenn.,"

Klaas, I denoted the same.

Also, this article is COMPLETELY WRONG about something else very specific....grrr

"Some of that key evidence includes the 20-year-old nursing student's lunch box found miles from her home. The other evidence being analyzed was found in the woman's driveway and includes blood on the ground and duct tape with blond hair stuck to it."

MY NOTE:  The duct tape with reported blonde hair on it was NOT found in Holly's driveway but on the side of a road (there is footage of it in local media reports-if memory serves ABC local) & it has not been confirmed if there was indeed blonde hair on it or that it was Holly's.   

StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #841 on: April 24, 2011, 10:44:39 PM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110424/NEWS25/110424003/Item-found-search-Holly-Bobo?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

A group of volunteers walking along U.S. 641/Tenn. 69 today found an item near 100 Eaton St. as searchers combed the terrain in northern Decatur County on foot in the hunt for missing nursing student Holly Bobo.

Star, it specifically states "Investigators have said they believe Bobo's abductor lives in or near the 20-year-old college student's town of Parsons, Tenn.,"

Also, this article is COMPLETELY WRONG about something else very specific....grrr

"Some of that key evidence includes the 20-year-old nursing student's lunch box found miles from her home. The other evidence being analyzed was found in the woman's driveway and includes blood on the ground and duct tape with blond hair stuck to it."

MY NOTE:  The duct tape with reported blonde hair on it was NOT found in Holly's driveway but on the side of a road (there is footage of it in local media reports-if memory serves ABC local) & it has not been confirmed if there was indeed blonde hair on it or that it was Holly's.   

Ok it actually said lives in the AREA.. sorry for the miss quote. I had to go back and read what Mark Gwyn wrote.. but he does say the person responsible lives in the area.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #842 on: April 24, 2011, 10:47:35 PM »

This article doesn't say that.  Did you post the wrong link?
Hi Klass,
I was quoting mark gywen who said "the person responsible for the disappearance lives in Parsons"
(Did I get it wrong) if so sorry about that.

I just didn't see that statement at all at either link.  I do remember it being said.
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #843 on: April 24, 2011, 10:53:28 PM »

Klass its the 6th paragraph..
  ::snipping2::
"The person responsible for Holly's disappearance lives in the area," said Mark Gwyn, director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.  "Because of the terrain, you have to know where you're going, entrances and exits. We feel the person is in the community. We're asking the community if you know someone who has changed their routine, please let us know."

I think a lot of people have a good idea of who it may be.. but so many rumors and bad reporting who knows the truth..
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #844 on: April 24, 2011, 10:58:19 PM »

From the article it almost sounds like the person may be in the community now? So look for someone changing their routine..
Maybe the person has left her somewhere and going back?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #845 on: April 24, 2011, 11:01:44 PM »

"The person responsible for Holly's disappearance lives in the area," said Mark Gwyn, director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.  "Because of the terrain, you have to know where you're going, entrances and exits. We feel the person is in the community. We're asking the community if you know someone who has changed their routine, please let us know."

I think a lot of people have a good idea of who it may be.. but so many rumors and bad reporting who knows the truth..

Thanks StarMonkey, I didn't see the "next" and thought there was only that one page.
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #846 on: April 24, 2011, 11:06:43 PM »

Oh on my phone its one page sorry, then it would be a different link.Its easier to copy stuff from my computer.
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #847 on: April 24, 2011, 11:15:10 PM »

She's attending for nursing so that's what came up when I searched.  IM  I'm not 100% on the location  now that you have me confuzzled too.   I am positive its thru UT
I thought Holly went to the UT Martin Division off off Tenneesee North in Parsons
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #848 on: April 24, 2011, 11:17:58 PM »

She's attending for nursing so that's what came up when I searched.  IM  I'm not 100% on the location  now that you have me confuzzled too.   I am positive its thru UT
I thought Holly went to the UT Martin Division off off Tenneesee North in Parsons

Thats what I know to be

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #849 on: April 24, 2011, 11:22:56 PM »

As I've stated before, there is a ton of talk about who it MIGHT be & nothing has been confirmed by LE.   TBI Mark Gwyn NEVER said lives in Parsons but did state that they believe the person responsible lives "in the area" which by the way is rather spread out & doesn't just include Parsons.   As a matter of reference the Bobo's live in Darden.

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #850 on: April 24, 2011, 11:23:37 PM »

I found this picture and wanted to share it.  I hope I link this right.

http://twitpic.com/4p38tf

I'm not sure from whose twitter page this is coming.  I found it on FB.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #851 on: April 24, 2011, 11:37:43 PM »

I think it is the satelite campus in Parsons.....in fact it literally in downtown Parsons from what I was told.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #852 on: April 24, 2011, 11:38:13 PM »

I found this picture and wanted to share it.  I hope I link this right.

http://twitpic.com/4p38tf

I'm not sure from whose twitter page this is coming.  I found it on FB.

Its from Will Nunley (WBBJ reporter on scene).   His twitter page is http://twitpic.com/photos/willnunley

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #853 on: April 24, 2011, 11:38:57 PM »

snipped...

The focus Sunday was on Holladay Road which connects Bobo's home where she was abducted and last seen alive to Interstate 40. Investigators believe the man who took her might have tried to get to the interstate as quickly as possible and that clues might lie on the side of the road. Volunteers search for anything that might have been thrown out the window or any item of Bobo's that might lead them deeper into a section of woods.

"Anywhere that's far enough to toss a bag, a purse, jewelry, keys, just something off into the woods," said Jason Greer with the Henderson County Rescue Squad. They are looking along about 30 miles of roads throughout three counties.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14504915/holly-bobo-search-volunteers-answer-call-for-help-on-easter-sunday
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #854 on: April 24, 2011, 11:49:57 PM »

I believe the duct tape was found off of Gooch rd..
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #855 on: April 25, 2011, 12:11:02 AM »

Thank you every one for your kind words.   This case makes people aware that one person, one gesture can turn into a community of kindness.

Capp,

TY for volunteering to search and for sharing your experience with us.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #856 on: April 25, 2011, 12:12:11 AM »

snipped...

The focus Sunday was on Holladay Road which connects Bobo's home where she was abducted and last seen alive to Interstate 40. Investigators believe the man who took her might have tried to get to the interstate as quickly as possible and that clues might lie on the side of the road. Volunteers search for anything that might have been thrown out the window or any item of Bobo's that might lead them deeper into a section of woods.

"Anywhere that's far enough to toss a bag, a purse, jewelry, keys, just something off into the woods," said Jason Greer with the Henderson County Rescue Squad. They are looking along about 30 miles of roads throughout three counties.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14504915/holly-bobo-search-volunteers-answer-call-for-help-on-easter-sunday

TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #857 on: April 25, 2011, 12:15:24 AM »

Our University of TN system is sometimes difficult to understand. If you hear someone say they attend UT, then they mean the granddaddy of them all...UT Knoxville.  Then there are satellite places (grandchildren) for that campus but they are all primarily in east TN unless you are near UT Chattanooga...which is a university in its own right in the TN system. I'm not sure if UTC has graduate level courses.

UTM is the University of TN at Martin...a college in west TN. It has several master's programs along with its 4-year degrees.  They also have what are called satellite campuses in west TN such as the Parsons campus. Plus, they often offer some college night classes in area high schools (not to be confused with the dual-credit courses offered to high school students). 

From what I've read, Holly was attending classes at Parsons and somewhere I read that she had begun her clinicals in a local hospital. (I have no idea where I read that but she was in uniform in at least one of the photos we have seen which they wear when they begin doing those.) My guess (and this is only a guess) based on her age is that she will probably finish her BSN or RN (if that's her goal) on the campus at Martin. That's generally the path nursing students take around here if they go beyond the LPN level. Of course, I do not know her specific plans but I have had several former students who followed this course of action.

It feels good to finally know something personally...my bachelor's, master's and post-graduate work is from UTM.

What even feels better though is the feeling that hope is rising again with these latest tweets. Prayers being said for Holly and those involved in finding her and prayers that anyone who knows anything about this will be so heavily convicted that they must do the right thing.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #858 on: April 25, 2011, 12:24:47 AM »

Our University of TN system is sometimes difficult to understand. If you hear someone say they attend UT, then they mean the granddaddy of them all...UT Knoxville.  Then there are satellite places (grandchildren) for that campus but they are all primarily in east TN unless you are near UT Chattanooga...which is a university in its own right in the TN system. I'm not sure if UTC has graduate level courses.

UTM is the University of TN at Martin...a college in west TN. It has several master's programs along with its 4-year degrees.  They also have what are called satellite campuses in west TN such as the Parsons campus. Plus, they often offer some college night classes in area high schools (not to be confused with the dual-credit courses offered to high school students). 

From what I've read, Holly was attending classes at Parsons and somewhere I read that she had begun her clinicals in a local hospital. (I have no idea where I read that but she was in uniform in at least one of the photos we have seen which they wear when they begin doing those.) My guess (and this is only a guess) based on her age is that she will probably finish her BSN or RN (if that's her goal) on the campus at Martin. That's generally the path nursing students take around here if they go beyond the LPN level. Of course, I do not know her specific plans but I have had several former students who followed this course of action.

It feels good to finally know something personally...my bachelor's, master's and post-graduate work is from UTM.

What even feels better though is the feeling that hope is rising again with these latest tweets. Prayers being said for Holly and those involved in finding her and prayers that anyone who knows anything about this will be so heavily convicted that they must do the right thing.

From what I was personally told by Tina, the mother of one of Holly's BFF's, Holly and her daughter both had two year plans & were embarking on their next one which was furthering her nursing studies.

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #859 on: April 25, 2011, 12:51:07 AM »

Just a thought..

The abductor might of transported Holly in the trunk of the vehicle...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.