April 18, 2024, 07:17:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo 20, Parsons TN, abducted from home 4/13/11 #1 4/14/11 - 4/25/11  (Read 451761 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #880 on: April 25, 2011, 12:35:12 PM »

John Walsh on St. Louis Jailbreak, Holly Bobo Case
Apr 23, 2011

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4659531/john-walsh-on-st-louis-jailbreak-holly-bobo-case/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #881 on: April 25, 2011, 12:42:32 PM »

Janet ALL I can say is Nancy Grace sometimes gets info that is right in front of her face wrong, and quotes people wrong....and John W and AMW do not do the best follow up on cases either.  I admire John's work, but many times info on his site is old and in some cases never updated.

As far as articles from the Examiner..they are just people like us that follow cases and then write what they have gleaned from various sources...sort of like the Wikki of online news.  These aren't real reporters on the scene or anything close to it.

I agree.  However ... considering the silence from LE ... media reports are all we have to speculate on.

I hope with all my heart that ... in the process of elimination ... at the very least ... the immediate family of Holly and boyfriend have submitted to polygraphs.  If not ... the ongoing searches which have involved so many volunteers may have been in vain.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #882 on: April 25, 2011, 12:51:37 PM »

Janet ALL I can say is Nancy Grace sometimes gets info that is right in front of her face wrong, and quotes people wrong....and John W and AMW do not do the best follow up on cases either.  I admire John's work, but many times info on his site is old and in some cases never updated.

As far as articles from the Examiner..they are just people like us that follow cases and then write what they have gleaned from various sources...sort of like the Wikki of online news.  These aren't real reporters on the scene or anything close to it.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #883 on: April 25, 2011, 01:03:35 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #884 on: April 25, 2011, 01:09:47 PM »

A person I'm following on FB is an employee at Tri County Concrete.  I don't know if I'm allowed to post people's names here.  I don't want to cast aspersions on innocent people.   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #885 on: April 25, 2011, 01:12:31 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1380345/Holly-Bobo-Police-make-significant-finds-hunt-missing-woman.html
Police make 'significant' finds in hunt for missing student nurse Holly Bobo
April 25, 2011

Searchers looking for a missing Tennessee nursing student who was abducted from her home by a man wearing camouflage clothing have made a 'significant' find, it was revealed today.

Detectives leading the case said today they received a tip-off during a phone call but added they cannot reveal what has been recovered because it could jeopardise the investigation.

The latest discovery comes after police found a lunch box belonging to Holly in a creek eight miles from her home. Other pieces of evidence have been found in the woods near Holly's home but investigators have it could be weeks before it is analysed.

::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #886 on: April 25, 2011, 01:14:00 PM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i9TKl809Q8ikd-Z5PU-kmZ10sI0g?docId=54b49f7c1fda413283e94d23abb377ee
Search mum on item linked to missing Tenn. woman
April 25, 2011

PARSONS, Tenn. (AP) — Searchers have found an item they think belongs to a Tennessee woman missing for nearly two weeks, but investigators aren't saying what it is.

A Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman said Monday it is unlikely the item found in the hunt for 20-year-old Holly Bobo will be described publicly unless investigators decide there is reason to do so.
TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm said investigators are "pretty sure" the item found in the ongoing search belongs to Bobo but it's not certain it will help.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #887 on: April 25, 2011, 01:16:36 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20056986-504083.html
Holly Bobo searchers make "significant" find in hunt for Tenn. student, says report
April 25, 2011

CBS/WREG/AP) PARSONS, Tenn. - Police say volunteers searching for 20-year-old nursing student Holly Bobo over the weekend found a "significant" item in the missing person's case, according to a report.
ABC News reports that officials would not disclose what the item was due to the ongoing investigation, but said that the discovery was based on a tip from a phone call.

According to CBS affiliate WREG, close to 800 volunteers reported to help on Friday during daylight, falling short of the 1,500 authorities asked for each day of the holiday weekend.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation did not confirm any new information on Friday and continued to say the DNA tests on blood found outside the Bobo home could not be released.

While police initially believed an abductor dragged Bobo, 20, away as she left for school last Wednesday, investigators now suspect it was a community member who led Bobo into the woods near her home.

Authorities have refused to rule out anyone in the community of Parsons, about 100 miles northeast of Memphis, as a potential suspect.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #888 on: April 25, 2011, 01:54:34 PM »

A person I'm following on FB is an employee at Tri County Concrete.  I don't know if I'm allowed to post people's names here.  I don't want to cast aspersions on innocent people.   

His family owns it, and it is my understanding that a few of Holly's friends have worked there over Summers or part time or whatever.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #889 on: April 25, 2011, 01:59:39 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20056986-504083.html
Holly Bobo searchers make "significant" find in hunt for Tenn. student, says report
April 25, 2011

CBS/WREG/AP) PARSONS, Tenn. - Police say volunteers searching for 20-year-old nursing student Holly Bobo over the weekend found a "significant" item in the missing person's case, according to a report.
ABC News reports that officials would not disclose what the item was due to the ongoing investigation, but said that the discovery was based on a tip from a phone call.

According to CBS affiliate WREG, close to 800 volunteers reported to help on Friday during daylight, falling short of the 1,500 authorities asked for each day of the holiday weekend.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation did not confirm any new information on Friday and continued to say the DNA tests on blood found outside the Bobo home could not be released.

While police initially believed an abductor dragged Bobo, 20, away as she left for school last Wednesday, investigators now suspect it was a community member who led Bobo into the woods near her home.

Authorities have refused to rule out anyone in the community of Parsons, about 100 miles northeast of Memphis, as a potential suspect.

Thanks MuffyBee.

There was one witness.  How could the story change?

Janet

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #890 on: April 25, 2011, 02:04:17 PM »

Sometimes it's good to listen to your inner voice.  I wouldn't want to see people's names posted unless there's a very, very good reason for it, not just on someone's suspicions alone.  JMHO

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #891 on: April 25, 2011, 02:44:10 PM »

Authorities: New leads propel search for Holly Bobo
Search to continue another day after item retrieved, phone call received
12:00 AM, Apr. 25, 2011   

Groups of volunteers combed terrain in northern Decatur County on foot. On Sunday, one group of volunteers walking along Tenn. 69 found something near Tri County Concrete Products at 100 Eaton St.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110425/NEWS25/104250317

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #892 on: April 25, 2011, 02:53:24 PM »

You know the most disturbing thing to think about....what if the abductor is actually playing the part of a searcher? 

Well, Kittymom you hit on exactly what a potential case scenario MIGHT occur in an given case when suspected that the perp is from a local area.   Whether they are right there to witness what is going on OR if they are getting help to cover up something they did is precisely good reason why things are being kept close to the chest by all LE agencies.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #893 on: April 25, 2011, 03:11:02 PM »

Is Jason Todd the ex boyfriend that has been discussed? Does anyone know?

NO

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #894 on: April 25, 2011, 03:40:51 PM »

Sometimes it's good to listen to your inner voice.  I wouldn't want to see people's names posted unless there's a very, very good reason for it, not just on someone's suspicions alone.  JMHO

I totally concur.   If LE has not mentioned them, they are not directly involved as known family members or other adult witnesses, they are not speaking out on their own or are not already on the SO's list, there is NO reason to publicly discuss individuals providing their last names & other personal info for a few reasons to consider.

1)  LE may not want random full names being thrown out not to compromise their criminal investigation, especially with a suspect at large (reasons should be obvious).
2)  They have no involvement in the case, you have to put the shoe on the other foot sometimes & realize how you would feel having you or a loved one's full name  & personal information dragged thru the mud needlessly.   If you have no contact with an individual that can give you permission to discuss them, generally don't.

When following a criminal case, one has got to weigh all the known circumstances out carefully before posting information about others.

Rule of thumb, while sleuthing if you truly feel you have stumbled on something pertinent to a case, call it in to LE at the assigned tip phone number provided.   The victim & their family is not benefited whatsoever by making implications regarding unnamed persons of interest for public discussion.    Everyone has to keep in mind that in most instances it can only end up causing more confusion & precious time dispelling a rumor having to go down a road that ends up being a dead end based off of gossip or unsubstantiated suspicion.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #895 on: April 25, 2011, 04:08:00 PM »

I agree NG has gotten things wrong even when certain things were right in front of her face to be aware of, we learned from the Hailey Dunn case that Mark Klass used poor judgment in championing Billie Dunn which he had to backtrack from, John Walsh I respect highly BUT in this case he has not said anything that he hasnt said regarding EVERY case & that is advice to family to take polygraphs in the process of clearing them & that they should speak to the media to keep the case active in the public domain in order for the public that may known something pertinent to come forward if they realized they may have witnessed something.

As to what John Walsh said specifically about Clint, he's right he should take a poly along with the rest of the immediate family & her current boyfriend, standard operating procedure.     There is NO solid information that this hasnt been done already by the TBI or other LE agencies that are working this criminal investigation, just the public speculating if it has or has not taken place.   I personally was told one way or the other by three different individuals something regarding this very thing but until I hear it as an official announcement I cannot or would not say either way at this time.  I have to say that John Walsh may or may not know for certain firsthand even with his personal contact with LE if indeed this transpired or not to date either, that being said not to cast any dispersion upon him either.

I know many are asking well why not?  Again, crimes may be the same but circumstances while may be similar are at the same time different in each one, there has to be a good reason why certain facts are being held close to the vest in Holly's case, if I had any doubt that this was a case of "shoddy police work" I'd say so, but I adamantly do NOT in this case.  I had the privilege of meeting many people personally that feel the same exact way, even given the fact they are right there in the community with personal relationships with Holly and/or her family.  I can tell you the one common denominator I witnessed was that the majority in the community trusts that everything possible that can be done is being done in Holly's case.  Everyone is feeling a sense of lost patience & frustration, we all want answers but those trained to do what they do are doing just that & IMHO impeccably.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #896 on: April 25, 2011, 04:09:30 PM »

willnunley Will Nunley
National Weather Service: "This is a dangerous storm"
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

willnunley Will Nunley
Urgent: Flooding is said to be a major threat for parts of western and middle Tennessee over the next 12-24 hours.
1 hour ago

willnunley Will Nunley
For West Tennessee residents, you can tune NOW to WBBJ-TV 7 or any Thomas Media Radio Station for LIVE constant coverage.
1 hour ago

willnunley Will Nunley
WBBJ Weather Team: This is a violent line of storms, that has a history of producing damaging weather.
1 hour ago

willnunley Will Nunley
Currently, there is a Tornado WARNING in effect for Madison, Haywood Counties in TN.
1 hour ago

willnunley Will Nunley
Urgent: All West Tennessee residents should pay close attention to the weather over the next 24 hours.
https://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #897 on: April 25, 2011, 04:11:44 PM »

On Fox news Shep said that the item was found shortly before they were getting ready to call off the searches.  I am not sure if I misunderstood, or it was just meant that it was being called off for the day.  If searches were going to be called off for lack of any evidence, I am wondering if the perp has had some twinges of conscience and maybe called in something himself.  Maybe he is hoping she will be found without actually giving the location away directly, maybe just giving away the location of something of hers, hoping it leads them to her. 

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #898 on: April 25, 2011, 04:12:57 PM »

Hi Blink, so Jason Todd is Holly Bobos neighbor? Was it his mom who called 911? Or his sister? Was he one of Hollys ex's do you know?

In this community, neighbors can be acres apart given the large tracts of land owned by some families.

It was not anyone from his family that called 911 that I am aware of. 

There are two 911 calls.   One is a neighbor which is a good distance around the corner & to the right of the edge of the Bobo property to the street, the other is a family member.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #899 on: April 25, 2011, 04:13:59 PM »

On Fox news Shep said that the item was found shortly before they were getting ready to call off the searches.  I am not sure if I misunderstood, or it was just meant that it was being called off for the day.  If searches were going to be called off for lack of any evidence, I am wondering if the perp has had some twinges of conscience and maybe called in something himself.  Maybe he is hoping she will be found without actually giving the location away directly, maybe just giving away the location of something of hers, hoping it leads them to her. 

For the day only.   Today they are dealing with incoming severe weather,

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.