March 18, 2024, 11:23:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo 20, Parsons TN, abducted from home 4/13/11 #1 4/14/11 - 4/25/11  (Read 450110 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #920 on: April 25, 2011, 06:15:01 PM »

My local fox13 live just stated that the significant item was found Sunday but are keeping tight lipped but Fox13 learned that it was found at the concrete company.   

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #921 on: April 25, 2011, 06:16:30 PM »

I agree Capp I think she was incorrect. She even said it was confirmed. Was the blood on the carport or In the garage? I think from what have gathered from reading comments from people close (or say theirclose to the case) say it was a small amount of blood on the carport was that right??
And what about the car and camo clothing found, that was rumor too? What I gather about yesterdays finding is Hollys mom called LE.. le said tip from a call and I hear there rumors from that vol website say a cell phone was found. Do you know if its true or not?

We don't know the number that was called and Caller ID is blockable. The technology exists that one can really make a call from any "number" one wants.  Not saying that is the case here, just saying we should be careful to form conclusions.

Holly's cell was found at the Tri City Cement Plant due to a tip received by Karen Bobo via phone, that she in turn gave to LE.

It is missing the SIM card.

B
Pardon my ignorance, why would someone take the SIM card?

They are apparently of the opinion that it contains the data for GPS/Ping, or address book, or many other misconceptions.

Too many scenarios to predict really. The only thing we can be sure of to date is that it is out of Holly's possession and someone with knowledge told her Mother where to find it.
Wow.  Just wow.  In this day of caller ID, I find it *really* odd anyone would chance calling someone's home.  Are there even pay phones anymore?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #922 on: April 25, 2011, 06:17:52 PM »

Missing Holly Bobo Update: Cell Phone Found Roadside
By Robin Stanfill
Published Apr 25, 2011

The new evidence found during the search for Holly Bobo was her cell phone, found roadside on Hwy. 69.

Although law enforcement are not revealing any information concerning the "significant" item found during Sunday's search, a member of the search teams has revealed the item was believed to be Holly's cell phone.

Reportedly, the cell phone was located on side of the road on Hwy. 69 in Parsons, near Holly's father's place of employment, as well as Kolpack, a nearby factory, and the Tennessee Technology Center, where Holly was attending school.

Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt has related that law enforcement received a tip Sunday, April 24, 2011, which lead the investigation and search for Holly Bobo into Northern Decatur County. The Sheriff stated that a tip was received by phone, prompting a search of the area, during the late evening hours of Easter Sunday. In the course of the search, a new item was discovered, which law enforcement considered "significant", and apparently substantial enough for the Decatur County rescue squad and volunteer firefighters to be dispatched in order to perform a specialized foot search of the area. Law enforcement are not revealing any further information about the lead or the item found, at this time.

<snipped>

http://www.suite101.com/content/missing-holly-bobo-update-cell-phone-found-roadside-a367810

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #923 on: April 25, 2011, 06:20:02 PM »

Well does it give hope That atleast she's alive?
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #924 on: April 25, 2011, 06:20:43 PM »

willnunley Will Nunley
@
@lizmurmil no, just likely trying to play it safe.
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

willnunley Will Nunley
Source: organized public searches expected to stop during severe weather threat. #teamholly
1 hour ago

willnunley Will Nunley
Volunteer: fairgrounds command center is closing for today and Tuesday. Future plans have not officially been released. #hollybobo
https://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

NOTE:   This could be due to continued expected severe weather OR regrouping or other reason.   According to Fox13 my county will shortly be in a tornado watch box until 11PM tonight.

Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #925 on: April 25, 2011, 06:22:35 PM »

Hi Monkeys - long time no talkie!

A person I'm following on FB is an employee at Tri County Concrete.  I don't know if I'm allowed to post people's names here.  I don't want to cast aspersions on innocent people.   

His family owns it, and it is my understanding that a few of Holly's friends have worked there over Summers or part time or whatever.

. . . combined with . . .

I agree Capp I think she was incorrect. She even said it was confirmed. Was the blood on the carport or In the garage? I think from what have gathered from reading comments from people close (or say theirclose to the case) say it was a small amount of blood on the carport was that right??
And what about the car and camo clothing found, that was rumor too? What I gather about yesterdays finding is Hollys mom called LE.. le said tip from a call and I hear there rumors from that vol website say a cell phone was found. Do you know if its true or not?

Holly's cell was found at the Tri City Cement Plant due to a tip received by Karen Bobo via phone, that she in turn gave to LE.

B

So . . . finding it at Tri County Concrete may be of significance? ie: comfort zone to perp, knows way around, etc. . . . ?

Interesting . . . and the owners of Tri County Concrete could perhaps have another family member who has a law office in Parsons? Or even perhaps another who is minister at the nearby Pentecostal church? . . .  If in fact they are inter-related in such a small town . . . would surely seem to make them a very powerful and/or influential group there, n'est ce pas? Could explain many things, really . . . (ie: shelter & the need for LE to tread carefully)

Of course, could simply be a someone who had a 'summer job' at Tri County, as well . . . or just completely random location while trying to escape. Just postulating . . . and hoping against hope darling Holly makes it through this.
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #926 on: April 25, 2011, 06:22:38 PM »

What I don't get is why the captor did rid the phone from the get go,but got rid of the lunchbox ..
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #927 on: April 25, 2011, 06:23:09 PM »

By Robin Stanfill
Published Apr 25, 2011

The new evidence found during the search for Holly Bobo was her cell phone, found roadside on Hwy. 69.

Although law enforcement are not revealing any information concerning the "significant" item found during Sunday's search, a member of the search teams has revealed the item was believed to be Holly's cell phone.

Reportedly, the cell phone was located on side of the road on Hwy. 69 in Parsons, near Holly's father's place of employment, as well as Kolpack, a nearby factory, and the Tennessee Technology Center, where Holly was attending school.

Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt has related that law enforcement received a tip Sunday, April 24, 2011, which lead the investigation and search for Holly Bobo into Northern Decatur County. The Sheriff stated that a tip was received by phone, prompting a search of the area, during the late evening hours of Easter Sunday. In the course of the search, a new item was discovered, which law enforcement considered "significant", and apparently substantial enough for the Decatur County rescue squad and volunteer firefighters to be dispatched in order to perform a specialized foot search of the area. Law enforcement are not revealing any further information about the lead or the item found, at this time.

<snipped>

http://www.suite101.com/content/missing-holly-bobo-update-cell-phone-found-roadside-a367810

Quite frankly, I deem this to be highly irresponsible on a searcher's part & it disturbs me a great deal that the information leaked in this manner.   

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #928 on: April 25, 2011, 06:29:54 PM »

By Robin Stanfill
Published Apr 25, 2011

<snipped>

Quite frankly, I deem this to be highly irresponsible on a searcher's part & it disturbs me a great deal that the information leaked in this manner.   

Capp-

If this was leaked by a searcher, I would completely agree with you.  However, it is not the origin.  We knew about it from a local Fox reporter who simply asked the question, and heard it on an open mike.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #929 on: April 25, 2011, 06:33:55 PM »

By Robin Stanfill
Published Apr 25, 2011

<snipped>

Capp-

If this was leaked by a searcher, I would completely agree with you.  However, it is not the origin.  We knew about it from a local Fox reporter who simply asked the question, and heard it on an open mike.

Blink

When I consider your post which revealed more than the article ... I am confused.

Janet

++++

B

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #930 on: April 25, 2011, 06:34:42 PM »

it would be something if Holly was able to take a picture from her cell phone of the person who took her without his knowledge..most cell phones have cameras nowadays..course what are the chances that she was able to do that? one can only hope..but would this show up without the SIM card being there?

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #931 on: April 25, 2011, 06:35:59 PM »

B
Pardon my ignorance, why would someone take the SIM card?

They are apparently of the opinion that it contains the data for GPS/Ping, or address book, or many other misconceptions.

Too many scenarios to predict really. The only thing we can be sure of to date is that it is out of Holly's possession and someone with knowledge told her Mother where to find it.
Wow.  Just wow.  In this day of caller ID, I find it *really* odd anyone would chance calling someone's home.  Are there even pay phones anymore?

All you have to do is press *67 before you dial a number to hide your own number.
It'll be interesting to find out who tipped her mother off.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #932 on: April 25, 2011, 06:38:09 PM »

All you have to do is press *67 before you dial a number to hide your own number.
It'll be interesting to find out who tipped her mother off.
Who knew?  lol
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #933 on: April 25, 2011, 06:41:21 PM »

By Robin Stanfill
Published Apr 25, 2011

<snipped>

Capp-

I understand that Blink, I was just pointedly speaking about the searcher who spoke to it as stated in that Suite101 link article, interestingly enough that came out that quickly.

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #934 on: April 25, 2011, 06:43:24 PM »

By Robin Stanfill
Published Apr 25, 2011

<snipped>

Capp-

Blink, do you believe that the perp may have been the source that led them to the phone?

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #935 on: April 25, 2011, 06:44:11 PM »

PS what open mike & exactly when did this occur?   Reason Im asking is at 5 I had Fox13 on

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #936 on: April 25, 2011, 06:44:45 PM »

I'm of a few thoughts on this case. Just ignore me if you don't agree. I have noticed that there are some missing / disappeared cases that seem to involved kids around Holly's age. Sometimes these kids take off. Many seem to be students and usually are not doing well in school. Instead of saying - "hey mom and dad, I don't think I am cut out for this career" - they just take off. Don't think it can happen - ask Paresh Patel. Just took off. Wasn't found for a year. There was also a kid that disappear from school and ended up in Berkley California. His mother was relieved that he was found - but it was basically the same story. Couldn't handle school. This kind of thing does happen.

And people go to elaborate hoaxes to make it seem they have become "deceased" - such as the British canoeist - who had his wife as an accomplice. He was found in Panama of all places. Eventually it was all discovered and they both went to jail. The sad part was the two sons who was devastated that their father would conjure up such a ruse and a mother who took part.

I don't think that's what happened here - but just pointing out that sometimes people do some stranger stuff. And if I was gonna disappear myself - you can bet my cell phone - minus the sim card -  would go bye buh out the car window.

I guess I could debate all the merits of the brother's story - but that's all been done. I guess I could debate the merits of a mom selling t-shirt for a vacation when Holly returns, and I guess I could debate a family declining all media requests - but it is what it is.

I hope that whatever happened to Holly is known soon - and the police are able to make the unknown known. Too many cases seem to go ice cold due to their incompetence.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #937 on: April 25, 2011, 06:52:22 PM »

Janet - if someone KNEW the exact whereabouts of the cell phone - MINUS the sim card - that would be privileged info - known only to someone involved. You can't ping a cell phone without a sim card and pinging a cell phone only gives you a range of 1-5 miles.

Knowing it's exact whereabouts ( allegedly ) means that someone knows more than they are saying - at this point.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #938 on: April 25, 2011, 06:53:58 PM »

I'm of a few thoughts on this case. Just ignore me if you don't agree. I have noticed that there are some missing / disappeared cases that seem to involved kids around Holly's age. Sometimes these kids take off. Many seem to be students and usually are not doing well in school. Instead of saying - "hey mom and dad, I don't think I am cut out for this career" - they just take off. Don't think it can happen - ask Paresh Patel. Just took off. Wasn't found for a year. There was also a kid that disappear from school and ended up in Berkley California. His mother was relieved that he was found - but it was basically the same story. Couldn't handle school. This kind of thing does happen.

And people go to elaborate hoaxes to make it seem they have become "deceased" - such as the British canoeist - who had his wife as an accomplice. He was found in Panama of all places. Eventually it was all discovered and they both went to jail. The sad part was the two sons who was devastated that their father would conjure up such a ruse and a mother who took part.

I don't think that's what happened here - but just pointing out that sometimes people do some stranger stuff. And if I was gonna disappear myself - you can bet my cell phone - minus the sim card -  would go bye buh out the car window.

I guess I could debate all the merits of the brother's story - but that's all been done. I guess I could debate the merits of a mom selling t-shirt for a vacation when Holly returns, and I guess I could debate a family declining all media requests - but it is what it is.

I hope that whatever happened to Holly is known soon - and the police are able to make the unknown known. Too many cases seem to go ice cold due to their incompetence.

FYI:   Holly by all accounts is an excellent student & she was on the way the very morning of her abduction to take a test, she is attending nursing school & accomplished in many other areas, including singing.   Her mom was not directly selling t-shirts, it was said what she might think to do with funds being raised by the sale of T-shirts if Holly returns home safe.   I met one of the women that known the family that were selling t-shirts right at the fairgrounds.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #939 on: April 25, 2011, 06:56:02 PM »

PS what open mike & exactly when did this occur?   Reason Im asking is at 5 I had Fox13 on

Capp I can only tell you when my source updated me, I did not write on it for reasons I am not prepared to discuss publicly, it was sometime this morning.
B
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.