March 18, 2024, 08:57:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo 20, Parsons TN, abducted from home 4/13/11 #1 4/14/11 - 4/25/11  (Read 450096 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #940 on: April 25, 2011, 06:56:20 PM »

Janet - if someone KNEW the exact whereabouts of the cell phone - MINUS the sim card - that would be privileged info - known only to someone involved. You can't ping a cell phone without a sim card and pinging a cell phone only gives you a range of 1-5 miles.

Knowing it's exact whereabouts ( allegedly ) means that someone knows more than they are saying - at this point.

ANYONE could have found a cell phone that was walking around the location, yes possibly someone that knew the family as many do in that very tight knit community.   It does NOT necessarily indicate someone with knowledge of the crime itself.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #941 on: April 25, 2011, 06:58:42 PM »

PS what open mike & exactly when did this occur?   Reason Im asking is at 5 I had Fox13 on

Capp I can only tell you when my source updated me, I did not write on it for reasons I am not prepared to discuss publicly, it was sometime this morning.
B

Well, considering there was no press conference today it had to be during the noon hour broadcast.   No worries, I'll be making a few calls myself but yes I agree it would not be appropriate to discuss publicly right now.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #942 on: April 25, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »

I'm of a few thoughts on this case. Just ignore me if you don't agree. I have noticed that there are some missing / disappeared cases that seem to involved kids around Holly's age. Sometimes these kids take off. Many seem to be students and usually are not doing well in school. Instead of saying - "hey mom and dad, I don't think I am cut out for this career" - they just take off. Don't think it can happen - ask Paresh Patel. Just took off. Wasn't found for a year. There was also a kid that disappear from school and ended up in Berkley California. His mother was relieved that he was found - but it was basically the same story. Couldn't handle school. This kind of thing does happen.

And people go to elaborate hoaxes to make it seem they have become "deceased" - such as the British canoeist - who had his wife as an accomplice. He was found in Panama of all places. Eventually it was all discovered and they both went to jail. The sad part was the two sons who was devastated that their father would conjure up such a ruse and a mother who took part.

I don't think that's what happened here - but just pointing out that sometimes people do some stranger stuff. And if I was gonna disappear myself - you can bet my cell phone - minus the sim card -  would go bye buh out the car window.

I guess I could debate all the merits of the brother's story - but that's all been done. I guess I could debate the merits of a mom selling t-shirt for a vacation when Holly returns, and I guess I could debate a family declining all media requests - but it is what it is.

I hope that whatever happened to Holly is known soon - and the police are able to make the unknown known. Too many cases seem to go ice cold due to their incompetence.

FYI:   Holly by all accounts is an excellent student & she was on the way the very morning of her abduction to take a test, she is attending nursing school & accomplished in many other areas, including singing.   Her mom was not directly selling t-shirts, it was said what she might think to do with funds being raised by the sale of T-shirts if Holly returns home safe.   I met one of the women that known the family that were selling t-shirts right at the fairgrounds.

Thanks, I purposefully left out that they were usually about to take a test. Just to see what would happen.

Nice to see you Capp...

cheers.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #943 on: April 25, 2011, 06:59:12 PM »

Missing Holly Bobo Update: Cell Phone Found Roadside
By Robin Stanfill
Published Apr 25, 2011

The new evidence found during the search for Holly Bobo was her cell phone, found roadside on Hwy. 69.

Although law enforcement are not revealing any information concerning the "significant" item found during Sunday's search, a member of the search teams has revealed the item was believed to be Holly's cell phone.

Reportedly, the cell phone was located on side of the road on Hwy. 69 in Parsons, near Holly's father's place of employment, as well as Kolpack, a nearby factory, and the Tennessee Technology Center, where Holly was attending school.

Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt has related that law enforcement received a tip Sunday, April 24, 2011, which lead the investigation and search for Holly Bobo into Northern Decatur County. The Sheriff stated that a tip was received by phone, prompting a search of the area, during the late evening hours of Easter Sunday. In the course of the search, a new item was discovered, which law enforcement considered "significant", and apparently substantial enough for the Decatur County rescue squad and volunteer firefighters to be dispatched in order to perform a specialized foot search of the area. Law enforcement are not revealing any further information about the lead or the item found, at this time.

<snipped>

http://www.suite101.com/content/missing-holly-bobo-update-cell-phone-found-roadside-a367810

Quite frankly, I deem this to be highly irresponsible on a searcher's part & it disturbs me a great deal that the information leaked in this manner.   

Capp-

If this was leaked by a searcher, I would completely agree with you.  However, it is not the origin.  We knew about it from a local Fox reporter who simply asked the question, and heard it on an open mike.

Blink, do you believe that the perp may have been the source that led them to the phone?

I believe that someone who has knowledge of what happened to Holly Bobo in some capacity either made that phone call or put someone else up to it.  
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #944 on: April 25, 2011, 07:04:02 PM »

Missing Holly Bobo Update: Cell Phone Found Roadside
By Robin Stanfill
Published Apr 25, 2011

The new evidence found during the search for Holly Bobo was her cell phone, found roadside on Hwy. 69.

Although law enforcement are not revealing any information concerning the "significant" item found during Sunday's search, a member of the search teams has revealed the item was believed to be Holly's cell phone.

Reportedly, the cell phone was located on side of the road on Hwy. 69 in Parsons, near Holly's father's place of employment, as well as Kolpack, a nearby factory, and the Tennessee Technology Center, where Holly was attending school.

Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt has related that law enforcement received a tip Sunday, April 24, 2011, which lead the investigation and search for Holly Bobo into Northern Decatur County. The Sheriff stated that a tip was received by phone, prompting a search of the area, during the late evening hours of Easter Sunday. In the course of the search, a new item was discovered, which law enforcement considered "significant", and apparently substantial enough for the Decatur County rescue squad and volunteer firefighters to be dispatched in order to perform a specialized foot search of the area. Law enforcement are not revealing any further information about the lead or the item found, at this time.

<snipped>

http://www.suite101.com/content/missing-holly-bobo-update-cell-phone-found-roadside-a367810

Quite frankly, I deem this to be highly irresponsible on a searcher's part & it disturbs me a great deal that the information leaked in this manner.   

Capp-

If this was leaked by a searcher, I would completely agree with you.  However, it is not the origin.  We knew about it from a local Fox reporter who simply asked the question, and heard it on an open mike.

Blink, do you believe that the perp may have been the source that led them to the phone?

I believe that someone who has knowledge of what happened to Holly Bobo in some capacity either made that phone call or put someone else up to it.  

Thanks Blink.  I asked you the same question over on your blog.  I am a faith full reader over there, but don't post much.  It just seemed to me it had to be someone with some kind of involvement.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #945 on: April 25, 2011, 07:06:16 PM »

PS what open mike & exactly when did this occur?   Reason Im asking is at 5 I had Fox13 on

Capp I can only tell you when my source updated me, I did not write on it for reasons I am not prepared to discuss publicly, it was sometime this morning.
B

Well, considering there was no press conference today it had to be during the noon hour broadcast.   No worries, I'll be making a few calls myself but yes I agree it would not be appropriate to discuss publicly right now.

Capp, I am not saying that the phone being found should not be discussed, it has been vetted and Kevin Bromley has spoken about it as well.

What I am not talking about at the moment, are my thoughts and analysis on the circumstances surrounding the phone call "tip" from my sources.  Just wanted to clarify-

This is a very delicate process.  The co-existance of media as it relates to progressing investigations with LE is very pivotal to a case like this.  Leaks are sometimes strategic, and when they are handled correctly, can provide LE information they could not have access to in this stage of an investigation.

There are a few sides to consider.

B
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #946 on: April 25, 2011, 07:06:40 PM »

Janet - if someone KNEW the exact whereabouts of the cell phone - MINUS the sim card - that would be privileged info - known only to someone involved. You can't ping a cell phone without a sim card and pinging a cell phone only gives you a range of 1-5 miles.

Knowing it's exact whereabouts ( allegedly ) means that someone knows more than they are saying - at this point.

ANYONE could have found a cell phone that was walking around the location, yes possibly someone that knew the family as many do in that very tight knit community.   It does NOT necessarily indicate someone with knowledge of the crime itself.

sure anyone could have waked by and stumbled upon it. Phone are able to store numbers DIRECTLY to the phone and not just the sim card.

however, if the person opened it and saw the last dials - some MIGHT be "mom" or "dad" not Mrs. Bobo or Mr. Bobo. So placing the ownership of the phone - MINUS the sim card to a direct person - would be extremely difficult. Unless it said - 'Holly Bobo's phone' on the outside of it.

To pinpoint the phone - without a card and place that ownership so quickly to Holly Bobo - means that someone had advanced knowledge.

It was a significant find after-all - and one that the police did not want to disclose. Obviously - they wanted to check out everyone at the plant and see who may have seen anything and if anyone was connected and dropped or tossed the phone.

+++

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #947 on: April 25, 2011, 07:09:54 PM »

Hi Rob..nice to hear your thoughts on this...

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #948 on: April 25, 2011, 07:17:31 PM »

If I live in a rural area - and I am destroying evidence of a crime I just committed I don't toss a phone where it can be found. I, also, do not toss a lunch bag where it can be found.

If I am involved in an abduction - I am destroying ... D E S T R O Y I N G ... that evidence. Not tossing it willy nilly all over town where has all been found...

A planned abduction accounts for these issues. And unplanned abduction / crime of opportunity by an amateur is in a hurry to be accounted for and not in possession of said evidence.

+++

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #949 on: April 25, 2011, 07:22:19 PM »

sure anyone could have waked by and stumbled upon it. Phone are able to store numbers DIRECTLY to the phone and not just the sim card.

however, if the person opened it and saw the last dials - some MIGHT be "mom" or "dad" not Mrs. Bobo or Mr. Bobo. So placing the ownership of the phone - MINUS the sim card to a direct person - would be extremely difficult. Unless it said - 'Holly Bobo's phone' on the outside of it.

To pinpoint the phone - without a card and place that ownership so quickly to Holly Bobo - means that someone had advanced knowledge.

It was a significant find after-all - and one that the police did not want to disclose. Obviously - they wanted to check out everyone at the plant and see who may have seen anything and if anyone was connected and dropped or tossed the phone.

Im fully aware of that Rob but I suggest that there was  a recent number on it for it to become aware to anyone that a call should be made to family as Blink stated the tip went to Karen Bobo.  It was also reported that several fellow students of Holly's worked in the summer at that location.   Now, that being said it also could be someone that has knowledge of the crime & knows the family for that call to have been made to Karen as well.   That being said, either could be correct & Im leaning towards it being someone that possibly knows who is responsible for this.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #950 on: April 25, 2011, 07:35:47 PM »

My guess - with the discovery of the phone and lunch box / purse thingie - is that Holly was abducted by a townie and not someone traveling miles and miles to make this random abduction as in the Kristy Cromwell case.

My guess is that this person is about Holly's age - 20-26 most likely. Knows all of the areas where the items were found, but probably doesn't work at the plant - but may know people who work there. Even an idiot wouldn't ditch evidence at his work site. But he knows the area very well due to the fact that he knew the woods.

Could have been that Holly slighted him or he was perceived to have been slighted. So look for the dog faced boy. Just kidding.

I think he is probably pretty worried with the disclosure of the phone... that the gig is about up and he is probably watching to see how close they are to nabbing him.

One more thing - it could be someone angry with Holly's brother - but doubtful.

nite all.

+++

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #951 on: April 25, 2011, 07:41:11 PM »

Capp-

the call was made to Karen prior to the phone's recovery, and was relative to it's location, and how it was found.

In my conversations today, I do not believe outside of what is already under subpoena, the phone itself will glean any identifying factors except to match it's serial number with what is known to be Holly's phone.

Which is not to say we know the motivation of the tipster-

B

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #952 on: April 25, 2011, 07:43:57 PM »

B

Capp, I am not saying that the phone being found should not be discussed, it has been vetted and Kevin Bromley has spoken about it as well.

What I am not talking about at the moment, are my thoughts and analysis on the circumstances surrounding the phone call "tip" from my sources.  Just wanted to clarify-

This is a very delicate process.  The co-existance of media as it relates to progressing investigations with LE is very pivotal to a case like this.  Leaks are sometimes strategic, and when they are handled correctly, can provide LE information they could not have access to in this stage of an investigation.

There are a few sides to consider.

B
I know what you meant by what you wouldnt discuss, respectfully you know I concur.   Im not finding any media reports reflecting what Kevin Bromley stated so how is it vetted publicly?  I am not asking if someone had a personal contact that is not being disclosed.  I was not around at all this morning but if he had stated it publicly other media sources would be bouncing off it as well.  None of my early evening local stations mentioned the family spokesperson, Kevin Bromley.  I just have to say considering he even took on criticism a few days ago for being tight lipped on an early morning talk show, I'd be surprised that he would be that disclosing now.   Yes, I agree and am fully aware that sometimes LE does things strategically. 

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #953 on: April 25, 2011, 07:47:01 PM »

Capp-

the call was made to Karen prior to the phone's recovery, and was relative to it's location, and how it was found.

In my conversations today, I do not believe outside of what is already under subpoena, the phone itself will glean any identifying factors except to match it's serial number with what is known to be Holly's phone.

Which is not to say we know the motivation of the tipster-

B

Okay, well that tells me all I need to know.  Thank you for clarifying further.

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #954 on: April 25, 2011, 07:49:09 PM »

Police Recover "Significant Item" in Search for Holly Bobo ..Fox News Insider..Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSKmG_qCf8w&feature=player_embedded
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: April 25, 2011, 07:51:56 PM »

Reposting a link that lists Holly's father's business.

It lists their home address with no other address denoted
http://www.manta.com/c/mtqc85p/bobo-s-timber-service-inc

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #956 on: April 25, 2011, 07:54:21 PM »

New clue energizes hunt for Holly Bobo ..CNN News. Video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AOm5NbmR2k&feature=player_embedded
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #957 on: April 25, 2011, 08:02:39 PM »

snipped...KTAL6..

Holly's parents said they wanted to thank those volunteers and officials face-to-face Sunday, and they tried. Dana and Karen Bobo made it as far as the search headquarters parking lot, but had to turn around. "Dana and Karen thought they could come and talk to the volunteers, to thank them and talk to them some," said Bromely. "But it's just too much, too hard." "I'm glad she didn't because I think it would have been too emotional for the volunteers too," said Adams. "And we already know they appreciate us."

http://arklatexhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=175137

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #958 on: April 25, 2011, 08:27:16 PM »

snipped...KTAL6..

Holly's parents said they wanted to thank those volunteers and officials face-to-face Sunday, and they tried. Dana and Karen Bobo made it as far as the search headquarters parking lot, but had to turn around. "Dana and Karen thought they could come and talk to the volunteers, to thank them and talk to them some," said Bromely. "But it's just too much, too hard." "I'm glad she didn't because I think it would have been too emotional for the volunteers too," said Adams. "And we already know they appreciate us."

http://arklatexhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=175137

My prayers are with this family as in millions at this point....this is pure agony I hope each and every one of us never come close to experiencing.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #959 on: April 25, 2011, 08:32:18 PM »

Just a thought.  Could someone have contacted Karen Bobo for ransom money?  Turn in the phone as a good faith gesture and get the money they put up for her safe return ($80000 I believe)?  Just my thoughts on it.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.