April 27, 2024, 02:41:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo 20, Parsons TN, abducted from home 4/13/11 #1 4/14/11 - 4/25/11  (Read 452273 times)
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2011, 10:51:34 AM »

i'm cautiously optimistic that they got a pretty good lead last night.  thank you scared monkeys and blink for covering this case. prayers for holly and her family.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2011, 11:04:50 AM »

http://twitter.com/willnunley

EMA: "We are good with the areas we have searched, we want to really broaden our search radius" #hollybobo 3 minutes ago via web

Official: "We still need people with ATV's and horses to help search. If not, prepare yourself to walk long distances too" #hollybobo 4 minutes ago via web

EMA: "We want to find Holly before it gets dark" #hollybobo #urgentupdate 5 minutes ago via web

EMA: "Sign in at the fairgrounds, and you will be taken to your search point from there" #HollyBobo 6 minutes ago via web

EMA: "We want to do as much as we can before dark" #hollybobo #urgentupdate 6 minutes ago via web

Urgent: Decatur EMA: "We have a massive area to cover, I need people that can walk long distances" #hollybobo 7 minutes ago via web

Urgent: EMA: "We need all the people we can get" #hollybobo 8 minutes ago via web

I have moved closer to where crews are being organized, to bring you faster information #hollybobo 8 minutes ago via web

Volunteers rush to board buses. http://bit.ly/gWObYY #hollybobo #teamholly about 1 hour ago via HTC Peep

Volunteer, waits to depart on bus. http://bit.ly/ifOmfq #hollybobo about 1 hour ago via HTC Peep

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2011, 11:28:31 AM »

Why was it originally believed that Holly was dragged into the woods?  Why did the story change?

In the process of elimination ... why was the brother dismissed as a person of interest from the getgo?

When I consider the blood and ... the brother's account that now implies there was no altercation ... it does not add up.

Janet

+++++

Police Find Lunch Box, Blood as Search for Whitney Duncan’s Cousin Holly Bobo Continues

<snipped>

It was originally believed that Bobo was forcibly dragged into the woods near her home by a man in camouflage. It has since been brought to light by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation that she was led by her arm or hand, and complied because she may have been scared for her life.

Bobo, a 20-year-old nursing student at University of Tennessee Martin, was getting ready to leave for school when she was taken during a home invasion around 7:30AM. Her older brother, who witnessed the encounter, mistook the abductor for Bobo’s boyfriend — but when he went outside and spotted blood on the ground, he called police. It has not been confirmed that the blood is Bobo’s, but law enforcement did recover her white lunch box nearby. Neither the brother nor the boyfriend are immediate suspects in the case.

In a news conference with Bobo’s parents on Thursday, her father said that he believes the intruder may have been someone close to the family.

<snipped>

http://tasteofcountry.com/whitney-duncans-cousin-holly-bobo-missing/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2011, 12:00:58 PM »

Janet- The police have been clear that the brother is not a person of interest.
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2011, 12:05:38 PM »

Janet- The police have been clear that the brother is not a person of interest.

sorry let me clarify that..and go look for links, the news stories said at first the brother watched her being dragged away (if this was the truth then yes that would be kind of concerning because no brother or sister would watch one of their siblings be dragged away). Police have since clarified that early news reporting and said that he didn't see her dragged away, He saw her talking to someone that he assumed was her boyfriend.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2011, 12:10:54 PM »

Why was it originally believed that Holly was dragged into the woods?  Why did the story change?

In the process of elimination ... why was the brother dismissed as a person of interest from the getgo?

When I consider the blood and ... the brother's account that now implies there was no altercation ... it does not add up.

Janet

+++++

Police Find Lunch Box, Blood as Search for Whitney Duncan’s Cousin Holly Bobo Continues

<snipped>

It was originally believed that Bobo was forcibly dragged into the woods near her home by a man in camouflage. It has since been brought to light by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation that she was led by her arm or hand, and complied because she may have been scared for her life.

Bobo, a 20-year-old nursing student at University of Tennessee Martin, was getting ready to leave for school when she was taken during a home invasion around 7:30AM. Her older brother, who witnessed the encounter, mistook the abductor for Bobo’s boyfriend — but when he went outside and spotted blood on the ground, he called police. It has not been confirmed that the blood is Bobo’s, but law enforcement did recover her white lunch box nearby. Neither the brother nor the boyfriend are immediate suspects in the case.

In a news conference with Bobo’s parents on Thursday, her father said that he believes the intruder may have been someone close to the family.

<snipped>

The brother has been cleared as well as her boyfriend Drew.  It has been explained that Clint, her brother saw her with a man in camo & he thought it was her boyfriend but when he found blood on the carport he knew something was wrong.   This occurred approx 7:30 in the morning.    At this time there is nothing that would indicate speculating any further in regards to her brother or her boyfriend is fruitful.

Personally, I have a thought that this may be an ex or admirer that was either jealous or a perceived notion that she should have been with him.   To me, it appears she at least knew this person by sight and/or previous encounter....Gut feeling.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2011, 12:14:44 PM »

Janet

+++++

<snipped>

<snipped>

The brother has been cleared as well as her boyfriend Drew.  It has been explained that Clint, her brother saw her with a man in camo & he thought it was her boyfriend but when he found blood on the carport he knew something was wrong.   This occurred approx 7:30 in the morning.    At this time there is nothing that would indicate speculating any further in regards to her brother or her boyfriend is fruitful.

Personally, I have a thought that this may be an ex or admirer that was either jealous or a perceived notion that she should have been with him.   To me, it appears she at least knew this person by sight and/or previous encounter....Gut feeling.

ITA   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2011, 12:18:22 PM »

Sunshine

Where did the original account come from?  My reading reveals that it was not until it was questioned way the brother did not intervene if Holly had been dragged away that the story changed.  However ... the changed story does not explain the blood.

Holly is my focus.  Until the truth is revealed ... this wannabe detective has her suspicions.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2011, 12:35:49 PM »

i agree with you Capp that this was probobaly either an ex or some sort of romantic admirer.  Whoever this person was, I feel pretty confident that they were obsessed with and stalking Holly.  I think Holly probobaly tried to be nice to this person thinking that would get them to leave her alone; however, one can never reason with an obsessed stalker.  I think the person approached her with a weapon and told her that he would kill her right there in the carport/driveway if she didn't go with him into the woods.  This is the only scenario I can see making any sense and could possibly explain the blood on the driveway if that is true and if he maybe superficially wounded her first to show that he was serious.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2011, 12:36:12 PM »

Sunshine

Where did the original account come from?  My reading reveals that it was not until it was questioned way the brother did not intervene if Holly had been dragged away that the story changed.  However ... the changed story does not explain the blood.

Holly is my focus.  Until the truth is revealed ... this wannabe detective has her suspicions.

Janet

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-find-trail-evidence-belonging-kindapped-20-year/story?id=13381683

Holly Bobo, 20, was confronted Wednesday by a man in hunting camouflage who forced her to go wiht him into the woods, said John Mehr, spokesman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

"We believe he actually had her arm, holding her. We feel she was in fear of her life, so was complying," he told a news conference.

Mehr said investigators "did not see drag marks." He added she was "not forcefully dragged and she's like any other victim, maybe complying with her attacker, but she walked into the woods" outside her Pasrons, Tenn. home.

Bobo's 25-year-old brother watched from inside the home, but did not believe she was being abducted until later. He saw the stranger from behind and believed it was his sister's boyfriend.

Investigators initially said the woman was dragged from near the house's carport into the woods, leading many to ask why the brother had not intervened.

Her brother, said Mehr, "had reasons to believe [the man] was not an attacker."

The officer said that neither Bobo's brother nor her boyfriend were suspects. "We are confident of that," he said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2011, 12:37:10 PM »

Janet

+++++

<snipped>

<snipped>

ITA   

I disagree.  Until the truth is revealed regarding the disappearance of Holly Bobo ... speculation is where it is at.

Considering the last person to have seen Holly prior to her disappearance changed his story regarding what he witnessed and ... the changed story does not explain the presence of blood ...  in the process of elimination ... the brother cannot be disregarded as a possible person of interest.  IMO 

Janet

_____

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2011, 12:37:40 PM »

Sunshine

Janet

if the blood in the driveway does belong to holly, the sick person that took her is the one who caused the blood.  i don't have time right now to go looking for links but the person who took holly was NOT her brother or boyfriend as per the police.
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2011, 12:38:23 PM »

Sunshine

Janet

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-find-trail-evidence-belonging-kindapped-20-year/story?id=13381683

Holly Bobo, 20, was confronted Wednesday by a man in hunting camouflage who forced her to go wiht him into the woods, said John Mehr, spokesman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

"We believe he actually had her arm, holding her. We feel she was in fear of her life, so was complying," he told a news conference.

Mehr said investigators "did not see drag marks." He added she was "not forcefully dragged and she's like any other victim, maybe complying with her attacker, but she walked into the woods" outside her Pasrons, Tenn. home.

Bobo's 25-year-old brother watched from inside the home, but did not believe she was being abducted until later. He saw the stranger from behind and believed it was his sister's boyfriend.

Investigators initially said the woman was dragged from near the house's carport into the woods, leading many to ask why the brother had not intervened.

Her brother, said Mehr, "had reasons to believe [the man] was not an attacker."

The officer said that neither Bobo's brother nor her boyfriend were suspects. "We are confident of that," he said.

thank you Capp Smile
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2011, 12:49:17 PM »

If the perp is a stalker, I am wondering if maybe the lunch box was stolen from out of her car previously and left in the woods eight miles away as a distraction.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2011, 12:59:33 PM »

If the perp is a stalker, I am wondering if maybe the lunch box was stolen from out of her car previously and left in the woods eight miles away as a distraction.

Well, the thing about the lunch box strikes me because my first instinct is that there had to be some type of vehicle used by her abductor for it to have landed approx 8 miles away.    The second thing to determine would be was that vehicle used during the commission of the abduction or after to cause the diversion you mentioned.  Having said that, I remain mindful that the direction from her home & the location of where they found the lunch box has not been disclosed publicly.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2011, 01:08:51 PM »

willnunley
 WSMV Natchez Trace Park rangers confirm at least 300-350 volunteers searching in the park for Holly Bobo right now.
2 minutes ago via web
Retweeted by willnunley
@Jkclendenion Thank you greatly for your concern. I have a friend who brought an RV. Thank you though!!
17 minutes ago via web in reply to Jkclendenion
TWRA; TDOT among the agencies lending equipment and manpower. More than 500 authorities are said to be involved. #hollybobo
18 minutes ago via web
THP air support continues search from above #hollybobo
19 minutes ago via web
Several local Churches have msg'd me, saying they are clearing the pews and headed to search. #keepthefaith #hollybobo
21 minutes ago via web
Documents: 550 volunteers have answered the call to search so far. Officials say more are needed, if possible.
23 minutes ago via web
@Mavericksmama I guess it would depend on the carrier...my Sprint cell won't work out here at all.
24 minutes ago via web in reply to Mavericksmama
I see so many familiar faces, that keep coming back to help. Words can't describe how that makes me feel. #thankyou #hanginthere #teamholly
34 minutes ago via web

I'm mindful that it is Palm Sunday so for now I think that may have some bearing on how many our out searching today so far, but even so the response of volunteers in this case has been outstanding.    If still needed, when I go next weekend it will be Saturday for similar reason as Sunday is Easter.    an angelic monkey  I pray they find her today. 

Jesus, take the wheel, Take it from my hands, Cause I can't do this on my own....taken from song by Carrie Underwood

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2011, 01:09:35 PM »

Well, the thing about the lunch box strikes me because my first instinct is that there had to be some type of vehicle used by her abductor for it to have landed approx 8 miles away.    The second thing to determine would be was that vehicle used during the commission of the abduction or after to cause the diversion you mentioned.  Having said that, I remain mindful that the direction from her home & the location of where they found the lunch box has not been disclosed publicly.

this is an excellent point
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2011, 01:32:29 PM »

I'm so grateful to see this disappearance being covered at SM.

Outside of Memphis, this paper (The Jackson Sun) is the closest daily to Holly's hometown, I think. (Jackson is about 35 miles from Darden.) The following is in today's paper:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110417/NEWS01/104170324/Decatur-County-Hundreds-volunteer-hunt-missing-woman?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Great article from the Jax Sun, I went to HS in Jackson and lived there for a few more yrs before I moved to the Memphis burbs, it's about an hour away and close to Beech Lake, and the TN River and Natchez Trace State Park which IIRC is about 10-15 minutes away and heavily vegatated (if that is a word). I was touched to see so many out searching for her, searching thru the night in some cases and my dad told me they even let some of the HS's out so the older students could search. Now, pls God bring her home safely an angelic monkey

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2011, 01:34:11 PM »

I will be moving locations soon to bring you the media update at 2:00. #hollybobo
less than 5 seconds ago via web
TBI: Media Update will be held at 2:00pm at north side of the fairgrounds. #hollybobo

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2011, 01:36:19 PM »

thanks cap,maybe one of these wil broadcast
TBI: Media Update will be held at 2:00pm at north side of the fairgrounds

http://www.wmctv.com/category/196691/action-news-5-live-video-coverage?redirected=true

http://www.livestream.com/wbbj

http://www.wsmv.com/video/9624406/index.html

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.