April 25, 2024, 03:33:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo 20, Parsons TN, abducted from home 4/13/11 #1 4/14/11 - 4/25/11  (Read 452086 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2011, 01:37:39 PM »

Why was it originally believed that Holly was dragged into the woods?  Why did the story change?

In the process of elimination ... why was the brother dismissed as a person of interest from the getgo?

When I consider the blood and ... the brother's account that now implies there was no altercation ... it does not add up.

Janet

+++++

Police Find Lunch Box, Blood as Search for Whitney Duncan’s Cousin Holly Bobo Continues

<snipped>

It was originally believed that Bobo was forcibly dragged into the woods near her home by a man in camouflage. It has since been brought to light by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation that she was led by her arm or hand, and complied because she may have been scared for her life.

Bobo, a 20-year-old nursing student at University of Tennessee Martin, was getting ready to leave for school when she was taken during a home invasion around 7:30AM. Her older brother, who witnessed the encounter, mistook the abductor for Bobo’s boyfriend — but when he went outside and spotted blood on the ground, he called police. It has not been confirmed that the blood is Bobo’s, but law enforcement did recover her white lunch box nearby. Neither the brother nor the boyfriend are immediate suspects in the case.

In a news conference with Bobo’s parents on Thursday, her father said that he believes the intruder may have been someone close to the family.

<snipped>

http://tasteofcountry.com/whitney-duncans-cousin-holly-bobo-missing/

The brother has been cleared as well as her boyfriend Drew.  It has been explained that Clint, her brother saw her with a man in camo & he thought it was her boyfriend but when he found blood on the carport he knew something was wrong.   This occurred approx 7:30 in the morning.    At this time there is nothing that would indicate speculating any further in regards to her brother or her boyfriend is fruitful.

Personally, I have a thought that this may be an ex or admirer that was either jealous or a perceived notion that she should have been with him.   To me, it appears she at least knew this person by sight and/or previous encounter....Gut feeling.

Capp~I have heard from a few in Jackson that the rumor is that she had and ex BF that she had to obtain a restraining order on, any idea about that?

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2011, 01:47:20 PM »

I would imagine so - for everyone's further reference Klaas put those links at the front of this thread on page one & probably will if another thread is needed.    Yesterday, we got it live on foxmemphis for certain

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2011, 01:48:05 PM »

Why was it originally believed that Holly was dragged into the woods?  Why did the story change?

In the process of elimination ... why was the brother dismissed as a person of interest from the getgo?

When I consider the blood and ... the brother's account that now implies there was no altercation ... it does not add up.

Janet

+++++

Police Find Lunch Box, Blood as Search for Whitney Duncan’s Cousin Holly Bobo Continues

<snipped>

It was originally believed that Bobo was forcibly dragged into the woods near her home by a man in camouflage. It has since been brought to light by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation that she was led by her arm or hand, and complied because she may have been scared for her life.

Bobo, a 20-year-old nursing student at University of Tennessee Martin, was getting ready to leave for school when she was taken during a home invasion around 7:30AM. Her older brother, who witnessed the encounter, mistook the abductor for Bobo’s boyfriend — but when he went outside and spotted blood on the ground, he called police. It has not been confirmed that the blood is Bobo’s, but law enforcement did recover her white lunch box nearby. Neither the brother nor the boyfriend are immediate suspects in the case.

In a news conference with Bobo’s parents on Thursday, her father said that he believes the intruder may have been someone close to the family.

<snipped>

http://tasteofcountry.com/whitney-duncans-cousin-holly-bobo-missing/

The brother has been cleared as well as her boyfriend Drew.  It has been explained that Clint, her brother saw her with a man in camo & he thought it was her boyfriend but when he found blood on the carport he knew something was wrong.   This occurred approx 7:30 in the morning.    At this time there is nothing that would indicate speculating any further in regards to her brother or her boyfriend is fruitful.

Personally, I have a thought that this may be an ex or admirer that was either jealous or a perceived notion that she should have been with him.   To me, it appears she at least knew this person by sight and/or previous encounter....Gut feeling.

Capp~I have heard from a few in Jackson that the rumor is that she had and ex BF that she had to obtain a restraining order on, any idea about that?

I had that rumor & Im trying to get it confirmed....so for now its a rumor

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2011, 01:49:55 PM »

my apologies...Im multi-tasking.     Correction to previous post.   It should be "heard" not "had" that rumor

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2011, 01:53:10 PM »

just a reminder decatur county,TN is in the central time zone
http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-usa12.php

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2011, 01:57:51 PM »

i think i read that same ex-BF rumor on a topix the other day
i dont remember which one

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2011, 01:59:39 PM »

Volunteer: "This Sunday is no day of rest" #amen #teamholly
less than 10 seconds ago via web
Team leaders lay out a clear plan http://bit.ly/fw2Loa #hollybobo
1 minute ago via HTC Peep
 JudyCore @willnunley we've had Demi Lovato @ddlovato, @juliannehough, @AaronLewisMusic, @blakeshelton, @EliYoungBand, @chuckwicksmusic all tweet too
6 minutes ago via ÜberSocial in reply to willnunley
Retweeted by willnunley
Official to bus of Volunteers: "Ya'll ready? Let's do this!" #keepthefaith #hollybobo #volunteerspirit
6 minutes ago via web
At least 3 command centers, hundreds of law enforcement, and over 600 volunteers are said to be involved in this escalated search effort.
8 minutes ago via web
My thanks to country music star @JimmyWayne for bringing attention to this effort on Twitter. Decatur County thanks you! #teamholly
10 minutes ago via web
@cbryce59 From what I understand, dogs are being used in areas not populated by volunteers. Not sure what kind.
http://twitter.com/willnunley

I'm also hearing that they adapted the search area, waiting for official word of that as well.   And this:

New clues in missing TN woman abduction case

Sunday, April 17, 2011

PARSONS, Tenn. (KABC) -- New clues are emerging in the case of a missing Tennessee woman last seen going into the woods with a man wearing camouflage.
 ::snipping2::
Search crews also found duct tape with blond hair on it. However, police won't say if it's related to the case.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2011, 02:00:20 PM »

Volunteer: "This Sunday is no day of rest" #amen #teamholly
less than 10 seconds ago via web
Team leaders lay out a clear plan http://bit.ly/fw2Loa #hollybobo
1 minute ago via HTC Peep
 JudyCore @willnunley we've had Demi Lovato @ddlovato, @juliannehough, @AaronLewisMusic, @blakeshelton, @EliYoungBand, @chuckwicksmusic all tweet too
6 minutes ago via ÜberSocial in reply to willnunley
Retweeted by willnunley
Official to bus of Volunteers: "Ya'll ready? Let's do this!" #keepthefaith #hollybobo #volunteerspirit
6 minutes ago via web
At least 3 command centers, hundreds of law enforcement, and over 600 volunteers are said to be involved in this escalated search effort.
8 minutes ago via web
My thanks to country music star @JimmyWayne for bringing attention to this effort on Twitter. Decatur County thanks you! #teamholly
10 minutes ago via web
@cbryce59 From what I understand, dogs are being used in areas not populated by volunteers. Not sure what kind.

I'm also hearing that they adapted the search area, waiting for official word of that as well.   And this:

New clues in missing TN woman abduction case

Sunday, April 17, 2011

PARSONS, Tenn. (KABC) -- New clues are emerging in the case of a missing Tennessee woman last seen going into the woods with a man wearing camouflage.
Search crews also found duct tape with blond hair on it. However, police won't say if it's related to the case.

Quoting myself to add in link:   http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/national_world&id=8078097

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2011, 02:07:04 PM »

OK, here is the confirmation that searchers were called back & put in a new direction:

'New Areas Of Interest' In Bobo Search
TBI: $25,000 Reward Offered For Safe Return Of Holly Bobo
UPDATED: 11:58 am CDT April 17, 2011

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27532916/detail.html

Searches resumed Sunday for evidence in the disappearance of Holly Bobo.
Authorities tell Channel 4 that volunteers were called back to the local fairgrounds after investigators discovered "new areas of interest." One of those new areas is Natchez Trace State Park. At least 350 people were combing that area alone.
Officials with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation have scheduled a 2 p.m. news conference Sunday.
On Saturday, TBI officials said they have received tips about the 20-year-old nursing student's disappearance from all around the U.S. Authorities said Friday that searchers have found some items belonging to Bobo.
Police said they found Bobo's white lunch box by a creek about eight miles from her home. Authorities also said searchers found some other items belonging to Bobo, but didn't specify what the items were.
"We've got a new place of interest," said Lt. Brad Wilbanks of the Tennessee Highway Patrol "We're going to keep looking. Yes, ma'am. No one's slowing down."

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2011, 02:08:53 PM »

Air support  pic from http://twitter.com/willnunley

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2011, 02:19:24 PM »

Hi Monkey's,

Color me confused.  Is this sloppy reporting or did the brother say this?  If it is the BF perhaps he will care about her.

The nursing student was last seen by her brother early Wednesday morning who only saw the man from behind and believed it was Bobo's boyfriend. Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Special Agent John Mehr said authorities do not believe she went willingly.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/national_world&id=8078097

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2011, 02:24:31 PM »

Seahorse - the brother THOUGHT it was the boyfriend based upon how he looked from behind.  It was NOT the boyfriend.   The brother and the boyfriend are not considered suspects at all.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2011, 02:24:32 PM »

Hi Monkey's,

Color me confused.  Is this sloppy reporting or did the brother say this?  If it is the BF perhaps he will care about her.

The nursing student was last seen by her brother early Wednesday morning who only saw the man from behind and believed it was Bobo's boyfriend. Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Special Agent John Mehr said authorities do not believe she went willingly.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/national_world&id=8078097

HUH?

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2011, 02:30:14 PM »

At headquarters, preparing to hear the media update. #hollybobo
less than 10 seconds ago via HTC Peep
Pink ribbons adorne mailboxes and poles throughout rural Decatur County. http://bit.ly/eNR7fw #hollybobo
6 minutes ago via HTC Peep
A non-stop shuttle of buses, bring willing volunteers to the woods. #hollybobo #teamholly

Presser would be 2PM central 3PM eastern 12PM (noon) pacific    Livestream links above & on page 1 of this thread

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2011, 02:34:30 PM »

Seahorse - the brother THOUGHT it was the boyfriend based upon how he looked from behind.  It was NOT the boyfriend.   The brother and the boyfriend are not considered suspects at all.

Klaas,

Thank-you for setting me straight.   

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2011, 02:53:53 PM »

Search teams include men and women of all ages and races. #hollybobo #teamholly
2 minutes ago via HTC Peep
Documents: 1,082 people have answered the call today to help search #hollybobo #volunteerspirit

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2011, 03:11:52 PM »

I am here in place, along with members of the national media, waiting for the presser to begin. #hollybobo
5 minutes ago via web

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2011, 03:14:33 PM »

I haven't been able to find the press conference anywhere but I think posts about it are being made here:

TBI: Blood sample is being tested
less than 5 seconds ago via web
Breaking: TBI: There was a small amount of blood found outside the home.
half a minute ago via web
TBi: We have teams in Natchez Trace State Park
1 minute ago via web
TBI: We are looking with someone with unusual behavior with a vehicle over the past few days, excessive washing, cleaning, possibly selling
2 minutes ago via web
TBI: We have received more than 250 leads
2 minutes ago via web
2 minutes ago via web
TBI: Do you remember someone with unusual behavior involving an ATV or other vehicle
3 minutes ago via web
TBI: "We need people in the Parsons Community to think back Wednesday Morning"
4 minutes ago via web
TBI: Search crews are looking between Gooch rd and !-40 in Decatur County
4 minutes ago via web
I am here in place, along with members of the national media, waiting for the presser to begin. #hollybobo
9 minutes ago via web

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2011, 03:15:53 PM »

.Press conference ends
less than 5 seconds ago via web .TBI: No one has been ruled out as a suspect
half a minute ago via web .TBI: We do believe the suspect is a member of this community
1 minute ago via web .TBI: We have collected other items than the lunch box
2 minutes ago via web .TBI: Blood sample is being tested
2 minutes ago via web .Breaking: TBI: There was a small amount of blood found outside the home.
3 minutes ago via web .TBi: We have teams in Natchez Trace State Park

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2011, 03:23:28 PM »

Press conference ends
2 minutes ago via web
TBI: No one has been ruled out as a suspect
2 minutes ago via web
TBI: We do believe the suspect is a member of this community
3 minutes ago via web
TBI: We have collected other items than the lunch box
4 minutes ago via web
TBI: Blood sample is being tested
4 minutes ago via web
Breaking: TBI: There was a small amount of blood found outside the home.
5 minutes ago via web
TBi: We have teams in Natchez Trace State Park
6 minutes ago via web
TBI: We are looking with someone with unusual behavior with a vehicle over the past few days, excessive washing, cleaning, possibly selling
6 minutes ago via web
7 minutes ago via web
7 minutes ago via web
TBI: Do you remember someone with unusual behavior involving an ATV or other vehicle
7 minutes ago via web

TBI: "We need people in the Parsons Community to think back Wednesday Morning"
8 minutes ago via web
TBI: Search crews are looking between Gooch rd and !-40 in Decatur County
8 minutes ago via web

The presser is over, they had satellite issues

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.