March 29, 2024, 06:54:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #192 4/26/11 - 5/03/11  (Read 224894 times)
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2011, 02:52:35 PM »

I have asked this before but maybe I didn't word it right.  Does anyone know if the jury will be given lesser charges other than Murder in the First Degree to consider?  If so, who decides this, the judge or the prosecution?

Hugs, Magic 
I don't know the legal answer but I'm under the impression that it's possible the jury could settle on any of the lesser charges or not guilty of any. HA!

Charges: ANTHONY, CASEY MARIE
Statute
Level
Date
1.     FIRST DEGREE MURDER                                              782.04(1)(A)(1) Capital Offense      06/15/2008
2.     AGGRAVATED CHILD ABUSE                                      827.03(2)   Second Degree -Felony 06/15/2008
3.     AGGRAVATED MANSLAUGHTER OF A CHILD              782.07(3)   First Degree - Felony   06/15/2008
4.     FALSE INFO TO LEO RE MISSING PERSON OR FELONY      837.055   First Degree - Misd   06/15/2008
5.     FALSE INFO TO LEO RE MISSING PERSON OR FELONY      837.055   First Degree - Misd   06/15/2008
6.     FALSE INFO TO LEO RE MISSING PERSON OR FELONY      837.055   First Degree - Misd   06/15/2008
7.     FALSE INFO TO LEO RE MISSING PERSON OR FELONY      837.055   First Degree - Misd   06/15/2008

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2011, 02:58:31 PM »

I have asked this before but maybe I didn't word it right.  Does anyone know if the jury will be given lesser charges other than Murder in the First Degree to consider?  If so, who decides this, the judge or the prosecution?

Hugs, Magic 

Magic I believe that the jury will be instructed as to what constitutes a first degree murder charge and what would constitute lesser charges..second and third degree murder.  But I don't see how this will even sound like a second degree murder charge because there are no factors like Casey saying she was drunk or drugged at the time she did this and it was a paddling or something of that sort gone wrong, or it was an accident.  Since Casey hasn't admitted this, since she let 31 days roll by..I think it comes down to 1st degree without prejudice..no other factors caused this other then Casey and her spiteful thinking and her hate of both her mother and her child...anoyed that she couldn't do exactly as she pleased 100% of the time she removed Caylee from the picture so she could get on with her Bella Vita that was temporarily interrupted by Caylee's birth and life.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2011, 02:59:01 PM »

I am.....I friended him early on. He was very naive and it seems like he was friending anyone early on. Then some people took some of his family photos and did some photoshopping.....not nice, to say the least. He took the pictures off and then became more selective about friending. And if you say anything ugly he will unfriend you immediately.  I sent him a couple private messages and he answered, which shocked me. I wasn't nasty...but I did ask him how he could sleep at night and why would he want to get someone who was responsible for her child's death off scott free....he said he was trying to save her life.....he is very anti DP.  I personally think he knows he can't get her off....but if he saves her life he will have done his 'job.'

BBM

Good morning Scared Monkeys..it was a great day for little Caylee yesterday..

ITA SUNNY..He has been doing very little to prepare for the actual trial other then trying to get key evidence tossed..and I think he knew he didn't have a snowballs chance in He!! of that happening.  He wasn't really well prepared by LKB to even put up much of a fight with the State's experts.

But the mitigation lawyer and shrinks have been working their butts off for the past few months...all signs he is trying his best to save her life..and if she gets LWOP  he and Foghorn Mason will consider that a win/win situation.

By the way tried to sign on last night to read everyone's great comments about the judges Denied Motions..but my computer kept kicking me out ..was not happy about that.

Anywho like I said before :  Slap Baez on the butt and call him "MOTION DENIED PRINCE".

Morning GDD!  We are in complete agreement. IMO JB should have stepped down a long time ago. CM is reputed to be such a seasoned, well respected, sought after attorney.....and yet he hasn't done anything IMO to help...in fact IMO he has done more harm than good to the defense. I want KC to have the best defense possible so when she is convicted no one can say she wasn't properly represented. I think this is one of the reasons JP has lead him by the hand so many times.

Good morning, Monks.  Hi Sunny.  Glad you're back.  The "Old soft shoe" isn't a lot of fun alone.

One of the most elemental principles for people in the public eye is to make friends with the press--especially if you hope to succeed in the future.  Baez and Cornpone have done everything to alienate the press.  It began months ago, started with Kathy Belich.  Remember when Baez made some reference to her having used an alias at one time in her life?  And Cornpone is even worse.  They are both so impressed with themselves, that they think they are invincible.  Noine of this rudeness escapes the public eye nor does it make for favorable articles in the press and on TV.  Just the opposite.  Largely because of their actions outside the courtroom (Well, OK, inside too) they are subjects of derision and ridicule.  Their arrogance is most unbecoming.  They have nothing to be arrogant about.  Cornpone won't be leaving the trial "Arm in arm" with Casey Anthony.  He'll be leaving with Baez completely discredited as a lawyer and a human being. Is this too harsh?  LOL

ITA - and I love that Kathy sits in the hearings, keeping her cool.  Must bug Baez and Jar - and I love that too!
As to, "too harsh"    not harsh enough!   

Absolutely correct mason!! will not!!! leave with casey in his arms like he predicted!! but he will leave with bozo in his arms! after he faints!! at the guilty verdict LWOP/DEATH!!

Loca
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2011, 02:59:41 PM »

Hugs, Magic 

\Magic, I don't know the answer to your question...but didn't want to let your question not be responded to....I think the judge and pros will make that decision...but that's just a guess.....I will email someone who WILL know and post his answer.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2011, 03:06:43 PM »

Hugs, Magic 
I don't know the legal answer but I'm under the impression that it's possible the jury could settle on any of the lesser charges or not guilty of any. HA!

Statute
Level
Date
1.     FIRST DEGREE MURDER                                              782.04(1)(A)(1) Capital Offense      06/15/2008
2.     AGGRAVATED CHILD ABUSE                                      827.03(2)   Second Degree -Felony 06/15/2008
3.     AGGRAVATED MANSLAUGHTER OF A CHILD              782.07(3)   First Degree - Felony   06/15/2008
4.     FALSE INFO TO LEO RE MISSING PERSON OR FELONY      837.055   First Degree - Misd   06/15/2008
5.     FALSE INFO TO LEO RE MISSING PERSON OR FELONY      837.055   First Degree - Misd   06/15/2008
6.     FALSE INFO TO LEO RE MISSING PERSON OR FELONY      837.055   First Degree - Misd   06/15/2008
7.     FALSE INFO TO LEO RE MISSING PERSON OR FELONY      837.055   First Degree - Misd   06/15/2008

Thank you Tupelo, wow, talk about a speedy answer.  That must be the only thing that the defense think they still have going for them, lesser charges to not only save her life but keep her from LWOP. 

I wish a jury of her peers, meant ONLY mothers of precious almost three year olds.

Hugs, Magic 

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2011, 03:13:36 PM »

Hugs, Magic 

Statute
Level
Date

thanks tupelo...I had forgotten she had been charged with #2 as well

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2011, 03:14:21 PM »

Hugs, Magic 

\Magic, I don't know the answer to your question...but didn't want to let your question not be responded to....I think the judge and pros will make that decision...but that's just a guess.....I will email someone who WILL know and post his answer.
Yes, please ask him, I want to know as well.  And are they given this information before trial starts or at the beginning or do they find out when they go to deliberate?    Thanks Sunny!!

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2011, 03:15:24 PM »

Hugs, Magic 

Thank you for responding to my question Sunny.  On one hand I don't want her charged with anything but Murder in the First Degree but on the other hand I worry that if the jury can't commit to that they will at least charge her with something.  There is not one doubt in my mind that she is guilty of Murder in the First Degree but after the smoke and mirrors the defense is going to try, who knows what the jury is gonna be left with.  I know we are taught to believe that whatever the jury decides is justice but for me the only justice will be Murder in the First Degree.

Hugs, Magic 

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2011, 03:16:11 PM »

Thank you Tupelo, wow, talk about a speedy answer.  That must be the only thing that the defense think they still have going for them, lesser charges to not only save her life but keep her from LWOP. 

I wish a jury of her peers, meant ONLY mothers of precious almost three year olds.

Hugs, Magic 

BBM - that would actually be perfect!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2011, 03:22:32 PM »

Hugs, Magic 

Statute
Level
Date

thanks tupelo...I had forgotten she had been charged with #2    #3 as well

self edit...had to go put my glasses on!  LOL

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: April 27, 2011, 03:24:53 PM »

Hugs, Magic 

Yes, please ask him, I want to know as well.  And are they given this information before trial starts or at the beginning or do they find out when they go to deliberate?    Thanks Sunny!!

Done...will ask your question when I get his response.....hopefully later this evening...however I do think they are given this option during jury instruction...but will ask to make sure.

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2011, 03:27:17 PM »

Hugs, Magic 

Thank you for responding to my question Sunny.  On one hand I don't want her charged with anything but Murder in the First Degree but on the other hand I worry that if the jury can't commit to that they will at least charge her with something.  There is not one doubt in my mind that she is guilty of Murder in the First Degree but after the smoke and mirrors the defense is going to try, who knows what the jury is gonna be left with.  I know we are taught to believe that whatever the jury decides is justice but for me the only justice will be Murder in the First Degree.

Hugs, Magic 

I go back and forth from wanting her to get the DP to wanting her to rot in jail for the rest of her life...I hate to see the people of FL have to pay for DP appeals for how many years to come.

Rest in Peace Caylee

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2011, 03:32:27 PM »

oh what a display of emotion for her missing child!!

Loca
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2011, 03:32:48 PM »

Since I seem to have the attention of smart monkeys, another question.  Does anyone know what the sentence is for Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child?  I don't see any way of her getting out of the lying to police charges or the child abuse charge but I want to be emotionally prepared if they can't find her guilty of First Degree Murder.  I think I would be ok with 75 years then a possiblity of parole.....maybe.....no, not really.

Hugs, Magic 

Hugs, Magic 

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2011, 03:33:21 PM »

grrrrrr

Loca
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2011, 03:33:39 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/r/27689355/detail.html

State Adds 2 Psychiatrists To Casey Witness List
Defense Previously Dropped Same Psychiatrists
 ::snipping2::

Rest in Peace Caylee

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2011, 03:34:16 PM »

grrrrrr

double grrrrrrrr

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2011, 03:35:14 PM »

grrrrrr

Like she's trying hard not to break into a big toothy grin for the cameras. Even getting into the cruiser she can't take her eyes off her adoring public. In handcuffs. Being arrested. Toddler missing for a month. Yeah, she's a real piece of work.

Loca
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2011, 03:36:49 PM »

http://www.miami-criminal-lawyer.net/html/homicide-murder.html

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2011, 03:44:13 PM »

Thank you, Blonde

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.