April 27, 2024, 02:25:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #59 10/16/11 - 04/23/12  (Read 239626 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2011, 12:52:08 PM »

See 

I take it Petey is a fan of tv shows like CSI.     One crime scene after another.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2011, 04:20:01 PM »

Blue Moon

Beautiful mums. I had some like that, but harsh winter weather put them to death. I don't think they like being too wet.
What do u feed them ?

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2011, 04:48:39 PM »

Hi LEP

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2011, 08:56:07 PM »

MuffyBee---I was just kidding about how to chill a box of wine.  Put it in the fridge, I suppose.  I had some houseguests who actually put ice cubes in their red wine.  Another houseguest told me I was a wine snob when I seemed shocked.  I actually was shocked when he left the table and took the wine glasses with him and returned with ice,  but I'm from a different generation, I guess.  In fact I know I am.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2011, 10:26:21 PM »

MuffyBee---I was just kidding about how to chill a box of wine.  Put it in the fridge, I suppose.  I had some houseguests who actually put ice cubes in their red wine.  Another houseguest told me I was a wine snob when I seemed shocked.  I actually was shocked when he left the table and took the wine glasses with him and returned with ice,  but I'm from a different generation, I guess.  In fact I know I am.

I knew you were kidding Babybear.    But I couldn't post anything else OT in the MP thread.  I'm supposed to be setting a good example.   an angelic monkey

I can't imagine putting ice cubes in red wine.   

Look at this:   
http://www.wineanorak.com/serving.htm
Serving temperature matters (and I'm not just being fussy)

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2011, 06:37:29 PM »

I saw this yesterday and thought it was cute, I think I got it from KCTV5.com.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2011, 09:25:20 AM »

I saw this yesterday and thought it was cute, I think I got it from KCTV5.com.

Very cute!   

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2011, 04:36:51 PM »

For those of you that remember my son andn his dog Jake when he bought him, Jake is now almost 2 years old and as you can see as tall as my son and weighs in at 125lbs.....Jake is Artic wolf and Husky mixed.....although he is mostly wolf, 85 percent to be exact, I just thought I would post this update picture for you to see!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2011, 09:31:53 PM »

"Jack" the Cat has been found after two months and will be reunited with his owner!

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/26/travel/cat-found-in-airport/?hpt=tr_c2
Airline finds long-lost cat in airport
October 26, 2011

Jack the Cat went missing at John F. Kennedy International Airport on August 25.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2011, 10:46:33 PM »

Wow, looks like a gorgious dog (and son) Higherhopes.  Is he a good dog?
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2011, 07:52:32 PM »

"Jack" the Cat has been found after two months and will be reunited with his owner!

Airline finds long-lost cat in airport
October 26, 2011

Jack the Cat went missing at John F. Kennedy International Airport on August 25.

Jack is not in good condition.  We all hope he recovers and gets to return to his owner.

http://www.globalanimal.org/2011/10/26/jack-the-cat-is-back/56822/

Jack The Cat Is Back
October 26, 2011
(MISSING PETS)  Jack the cat, missing for two months, was miraculously found alive at JFK Airport yesterday after falling through the ceiling tiles inside a Custom and Border Patrol room. Currently in the hands of a local veterinary hospital, Jack is said to be in critical condition. Read on for more information regarding Jack’s current state. — Global Animal

New York Post, Philip Messing, Colin Mixson, and Andy Campbell

Long-lost Jack the Cat, who caught international attention when he went missing at JFK Airport more than two months ago, miraculously emerged alive yesterday after falling through the ceiling tiles inside a Custom and Border Patrol room at Terminal 8.

“One of our deputy chief officers saw it, and grabbed it, and alerted American Airlines,” said Custom and Border Patrol spokesman Anthony Bucci.

American Airlines alerted the nation via its Facebook page that Jack had been found — apparently battered, hungry and scared.

But Jack’s not out of the kitty litter just yet.

Officials sent Jack straight to a vet in Queens, where he’s currently in critical condition and on a feeding tube, said doctors at the pet hospital.

“He’s not feeling well at all, he’s pretty critical — right now it’s 50/50,” said Dr. Matthew Cooper, speaking on behalf of Jack’s primary physician. “He has a feeding tube, he’s getting fluids through an IV, but feeding is the most important thing right now.”

Jack’s owner, Karen Pascoe, said she trusts the vets and is staying strong despite the dire situation.

::snipping2::

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2011, 08:33:37 PM »

Awww, I'm so sorry Jack is in bad shape!  The article I found and posted sounds like a propaganda piece from the airline.     "... doing well at present" and being in critical condition with a feeding tube with 50/50 odds is a far cry from that, imo. I hope Jack pulls through this and can recover to be with his owners again. 
"The vet has advised that Jack is doing well at present."

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2011, 12:27:59 AM »

I also saw the first item Muffy and thought as you did - Jack was OK and heading home to his owner.  Then I received the link from Global Animal for their article and it is a far different
story.  I am with you in hoping this has a happy ending.

BTW that Global Animal site has some good animal articles.  Unfortunately some are sad but there are also some cute stories and videos.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2011, 07:18:43 AM »

I also saw the first item Muffy and thought as you did - Jack was OK and heading home to his owner.  Then I received the link from Global Animal for their article and it is a far different
story.  I am with you in hoping this has a happy ending.

BTW that Global Animal site has some good animal articles.  Unfortunately some are sad but there are also some cute stories and videos.

I looked at the site today and I agree, it does have some good animal articles.  It's true some are sad, but then I don't like to find just glossed over stories like the one cnn put out there on Jack which led us to believe he was fine and on his way to be reunited with his owner, warm and fuzzy,  happy ending etc., when in reality it's wonderful he's been found but his life is in peril and he's struggling but there's still hope. 

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2011, 12:47:36 AM »

Wow, looks like a gorgious dog (and son) Higherhopes.  Is he a good dog?
yes Klaas, he is a great dog and my son loves him to death, he gets into things of course but for the most part no problem and he is trained pretty good too......I think he just found a Husky to bread Jake with so I just might have grandpuppies before too long...lol

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2011, 12:37:37 PM »

Okay, gals/guys, I would like the opinion of someone who has dealt with the same situation I'm about to explain. I know this thread is more for having fun, and if this message stops the flow of the conversation, please delete it, I will understand.

I have a cat that I adore and spend a lot of money in, and she's well taken care of. I never allow her outside because she is deaf.

Behind my house there is a street with small old houses, home mostly to retired military and African Americans. For the past 10 months I have been feeding a female cat who finds her way through the woods from that back street.

When she first came was in late December, when the temps had been 20 or below for about 5 days in a row. She was skinny to the bone, she could hardly meow, she was shaking, her fur was matted and had no shine. I couldn't tell how she climbed the porch because she was so weak.

She continued coming twice a day and I fed her, and she gained weight and looked awesomely beautiful. Then in May I noticed she was pregnant. She continued coming and at one point her belly was so big that she couldn't get through the spacing between the porch's railing. She gave birth in June. She was away for three weeks, and when she came back she was emaciated again.

She eventually got fat again, and one day in September she brought her two fat and healthy kittens for me to see, they were so cute. But, I did not want them to hang around, so I shooed them away.

So the cat never brought the kittens again.

She once spent the night inside a big flowerpot, and the next morning she went home. She later in the day came back with a broken left leg. I figured she had a fight with a dog, or got into an accident. It took two weeks for her to walk sorta well again.

Then by one of the boys in the neighborhood I found out that the owner had killed one of the kittens, the one he couldn't give away.

At that time I was about to turn the owner into authorities, because it was obvious he was not feeding the cat, and then he killed the kitten! The thought came to mind, that he had hurt the cat's leg, but I put all of it off my mind thinking I must be mistaken.

The cat continues coming to feed ravenously twice a day, quite a cost since I got to feed mine, too.

Last night the cat spent the night in the flowerpot too.

This morning I saw her playing in the back, and she seemed find. She went back to her home, and a few minutes ago she returned with a broken right leg! I mean, the leg is bent. She can't hardly put weight on it.

In just an hour. There are no puncture marks to indicate a dog or cat bit her. I'm beginning to think that the owner is abusing her and punishes her if she stays out at night.

I hope I'm not over-thinking this, and would hate to report the person since I don't know for certain what's going on, and if I'm coming to the wrong conclusions.

I can't let the cat inside and "acquire" her, because I don't know if she has fleas, diseases, and a few times when she gets startled she has tried scratching and biting me, though she lets me pet her. I don't know if she has the rabies shot, or worms, etc...

Not sure what to do about this. I have thought on trapping her in a carrier and bringing her to the shelter, then again I know she has an owner and that would be stealing. She's not neutered, so she can get pregnant, and if I decide to move, she would starve.

Arg!!! What to do?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2011, 01:20:46 PM »

Try to trap the cat.  Get hold of the humane society or a rescue society if you need help.  They will often loan you a humane trap.  You are not stealing the cat if you trap her and take her out of the situation imo.  Don't tell anyone in your neighborhood what you're doing.  And if you manage to trap the cat and get her to the humane society or rescue people then they will be able to look at the cat and assess it's health and get it care and a new home.  If the so called owner finds out and tries to say you stole the cat, well, then the humane society or rescue society can press animal cruelty charges if need be.  X-Rays can show old broken bones.  I'm afraid if you don't gets some help for the cat soon, it will be too late.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2011, 02:53:05 PM »

Try to trap the cat.  Get hold of the humane society or a rescue society if you need help.  They will often loan you a humane trap.  You are not stealing the cat if you trap her and take her out of the situation imo.  Don't tell anyone in your neighborhood what you're doing.  And if you manage to trap the cat and get her to the humane society or rescue people then they will be able to look at the cat and assess it's health and get it care and a new home.  If the so called owner finds out and tries to say you stole the cat, well, then the humane society or rescue society can press animal cruelty charges if need be.  X-Rays can show old broken bones.  I'm afraid if you don't gets some help for the cat soon, it will be too late.
The best advice Muffy!

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2011, 04:29:45 PM »

Thanks Muffy, and Sister.

I just have to get the nerve to do it. I mean, my main concern is that if she's not adopted she will be put to sleep, and it's just not fair that she has to pay for the owner's cruelty with her life.

Anyway, I was really upset and apologize for the manuscript. It frustrates me how some people take responsibility for pets (and children) and they treat them with cruelty and neglect.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2011, 04:41:17 PM »

Try to trap the cat.  Get hold of the humane society or a rescue society if you need help.  They will often loan you a humane trap.  You are not stealing the cat if you trap her and take her out of the situation imo.  Don't tell anyone in your neighborhood what you're doing.  And if you manage to trap the cat and get her to the humane society or rescue people then they will be able to look at the cat and assess it's health and get it care and a new home.  If the so called owner finds out and tries to say you stole the cat, well, then the humane society or rescue society can press animal cruelty charges if need be.  X-Rays can show old broken bones.  I'm afraid if you don't gets some help for the cat soon, it will be too late.

Thanks Muffy, and Sister.

I just have to get the nerve to do it. I mean, my main concern is that if she's not adopted she will be put to sleep, and it's just not fair that she has to pay for the owner's cruelty with her life.

Anyway, I was really upset and apologize for the manuscript. It frustrates me how some people take responsibility for pets (and children) and they treat them with cruelty and neglect.

No apology necessary.   There are many animal lovers here at SM and we can see how hard this has been for you to see the abuse of a kitty.  You can make inquiries about whether the shelter is a no kill, and there are rescue groups that are no kill.  There are some that will foster an animal, there are some that are angels, and they pay for the vet bills if that's the part they can do.  You see, I fully understand your fear that if the kitty isn't adopted, she will be put to sleep and that's the reason you should make inquiries.  It needs to be done as soon as possible.   Moosee, the kitty is already suffering and dying a slow death because of the abuse and neglect she's experiencing.  You are wonderful to make sure she at least gets to eat, but if she might have a broken leg, that could be really bad.  Do you fear retribution?  If so, when you call the people that can help you with the kitty, talk to them about that too.  I hope the kitty gets to a safe place soon.  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.