March 28, 2024, 10:16:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #59 10/16/11 - 04/23/12  (Read 238403 times)
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #180 on: November 23, 2011, 08:53:51 PM »

Looks like Black Friday will be held on Thursday this year.

The ads come in the newspaper tomorrow, so there will not be much time to think about it before heading out in the middle of the night.

This year I don't have anything special in mind. I already got the HDTV last year, and I am not planning on getting a new TV in at least 10 years.

Walmart has a $248 computer, which is tempting... but I really don't need a new computer, either.

So, I'm thinking a set of glass storage bowls, which can wait until Friday during daylight.

Happy Black "Friday", too, everyone.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: November 23, 2011, 10:27:45 PM »

This Canadian was forced to decline a Thankgiving dinner at the the home of my American DIL.

The plan was for youngest son and wife who are both teachers in the Fraser Valley to pick up hubby and I at 3:30 PM for the short drive across the line.  However ... business in Vancouver is where it is at tomorrow and ... construction on a new Fraser River crossing implies that "rush hour" traffic on the "freeway" begins at 8:00 AM and ends about 7:00 PM.  We would never make it home in time.  Maybe a Japanese dinner at the home of hubby's sister and BIL will suffice.

Happy Thanksgiving to all American Monkeys!

an angelic monkey

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #182 on: November 23, 2011, 11:46:06 PM »

HAPPY THANSGIVING to all.  May everyone have a wonderful day with family, friends.  Thank you all for being such loving caring monkeys.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2011, 12:30:18 AM »

not sure what to think about the Natalie Wood case being reopened..it was always rather suspicious to me how it all happened..not that I think that anyone harmed her on purpose, but it just seemed strange...
I find it hard to believe that she would be messing with the dinghy late at night.....everyone knew she had an immense fear of the water.  Hinky!

I agree...especially late at night. It is so dark on the water at night..scary..

When this happened I thought Wagner killed her . . . not based on anything other than MOO.

I thought so too, Sister. I felt that something wasn't right and wondered if maybe he had killed her accidentally, but I never did really buy the account of what happened.

Me too and because of her death, I have never really cared for Wagner or Walken. 

Me too, and me either. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2011, 09:07:08 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving To All

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2011, 09:53:47 AM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: November 24, 2011, 09:54:17 AM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2011, 09:55:17 AM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: November 24, 2011, 09:56:17 AM »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #189 on: November 24, 2011, 10:02:31 AM »

Good ones!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #190 on: November 24, 2011, 10:08:37 AM »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: November 24, 2011, 10:37:35 AM »

Moderators:

I was posting in the Karen Swift thead, and there is something wrong with the page, or my post. I didn't edit it, so maybe something from the original page. It's a CNN transcript.

Please delete it, if you have the same problem viewing it as I do.

Thanks in advance.

Moossee, I'm not having any problems viewing the transcript you posted, and you included the link.  I can't find anything wrong with it from what I can see. 

Thanks for deleting it. It freaked me out.

I thought I broke this message board.

I deleted it and Klaas fixed it.  Thanks fearless leader!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2011, 10:38:47 AM »

Moderators:

I was posting in the Karen Swift thead, and there is something wrong with the page, or my post. I didn't edit it, so maybe something from the original page. It's a CNN transcript.

Please delete it, if you have the same problem viewing it as I do.

Thanks in advance.

Moossee, I'm not having any problems viewing the transcript you posted, and you included the link.  I can't find anything wrong with it from what I can see. 

Muffy was right, there was nothing wrong with it.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2011, 10:41:27 AM »

This Canadian was forced to decline a Thankgiving dinner at the the home of my American DIL.

The plan was for youngest son and wife who are both teachers in the Fraser Valley to pick up hubby and I at 3:30 PM for the short drive across the line.  However ... business in Vancouver is where it is at tomorrow and ... construction on a new Fraser River crossing implies that "rush hour" traffic on the "freeway" begins at 8:00 AM and ends about 7:00 PM.  We would never make it home in time.  Maybe a Japanese dinner at the home of hubby's sister and BIL will suffice.

an angelic monkey

Thanks, Janet, enjoy your day!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2011, 10:43:03 AM »

HAPPY THANSGIVING to all.  May everyone have a wonderful day with family, friends.  Thank you all for being such loving caring monkeys.  an angelic monkey

Thanks, GE!  You are so very caring.  Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all Monkeys and their families! 

Break out the stretchy pants!

I believe in miracles!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2011, 08:25:18 PM »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2011 FROM SCARED MONKEYS

Scared Monkeys wishes all a HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

Please take time today while visiting with friends and family, eating your Thanksgiving Day meal and watching Thanksgiving Day parades and football to be mindful of who and what you are thankful for. From the First Thanksgiving to your Thanksgiving, God bless all and thank you.

<snipped>

Posted November 24, 2011 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/11/24/happy-thanksgiving-2011-from-scared-monkeys/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »

This Canadian was forced to decline a Thankgiving dinner at the the home of my American DIL's parents.

The plan was for youngest son and wife who are both teachers in the Fraser Valley to pick up hubby and I at 3:30 PM for the short drive across the line.  However ... business in Vancouver is where it is at tomorrow and ... construction on a new Fraser River crossing implies that "rush hour" traffic on the "freeway" begins at 5:00 AM and ends about 7:00 PM.  We would never make it home in time.  Maybe a Japanese dinner at the Vancouver  home of hubby's sister and BIL will suffice.

an angelic monkey

Thanks, Janet, enjoy your day!

Bearlyhere

Thank you.

Hubby and I did have a enjoyable day.  No anticipated traffic jams on the freeway in and out Vancouver!!  I am wiped nevertheless.  I must be getting old.

Maybe son and DIL will bring us some leftover turkey, stuffing and cranberries from their American Thanksgiving dinner.  It will be tomorrow's lunch between two slices of toasted sourdough bread with a cuppa tea.

Bearlyhere ... I hope your day was good.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: November 24, 2011, 08:46:59 PM »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2011 FROM SCARED MONKEYS
<snipped>

I would be remiss if I did not interject some humor into the Scared Monkeys’ Thanksgiving Day wish. In honor of what is one of the top 5 funniest comedy shows ever of all time … from WKRP in Cincinnati, “As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly”.

<snipped>

Posted November 24, 2011 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/11/24/happy-thanksgiving-2011-from-scared-monkeys/

_____

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #198 on: November 25, 2011, 09:16:08 AM »

Follow up on a story I posted in 2009

Bobbi Guerrette is experiencing the sounds of Thanksgiving for the first time thanks to two new ears

Posted Nov. 24, 2011
MARS HILL, Maine — The sounds of Thanksgiving — the whir of the electric knife to cut the turkey, the crack of the wishbone being separated, and the snap of fresh green beans for the casserole — are just as plentiful as the sights and smells. And for the first time in her life, Bobbi Guerrette is hearing those sounds.

Her family is giving thanks this holiday season for the end of a journey that began when 5-year-old Bobbi was born with bilateral microtia with atresia, a condition that essentially means she was born without ears. In Bobbi’s case, one of her ears was not open and the other didn’t function.

But thanks to the generosity of anonymous donors, Bobbi now has two functioning ears.

“She is currently hearing with both ears and is really surprised when she hears new sounds,” her mother, Jamie Guerrette, said on Wednesday. “Before the surgeries, she didn’t wear her hearing aid at night, so she hears sounds during the night now that she hasn’t heard before. She just told me that hearing Christmas bells is so pretty. It is interesting to her and to us as we watch her learn how her ears work.”

::snipping2:: ::snipping2:: ::snipping2::
http://bangordailynews.com/2011/11/24/news/aroostook/girl-born-without-ears-hearing-for-first-time-with-two-new-ones/

here  is the thread link I posted about her/2009
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6219.msg1039982#msg1039982

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: November 25, 2011, 11:54:07 AM »

Lovely story Nut.  Thanks

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.