March 28, 2024, 04:09:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #59 10/16/11 - 04/23/12  (Read 238441 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #200 on: November 25, 2011, 05:31:18 PM »

How was everyone's Thanksgiving.  I am more stuffed than our Turkey 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: November 25, 2011, 05:35:33 PM »

Hi San!!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #202 on: November 25, 2011, 07:15:08 PM »

Hi Muffy, how was your Thanksgiving.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #203 on: November 25, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »

I know what you mean San. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #204 on: November 26, 2011, 01:16:03 AM »

I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was wonderful!! Yep, I was stuffed and exhausted! I'm grateful and blessed to have a full table and full chairs around it. I gotta say though that doing it all with a 2 year old is like running a marathon! 

I cracked up; we're working on potty training, and right now it's a hit and miss situation. I suspected a dirty diaper, so I asked him if we needed to change his pull ups. He cocked his head, put a sippy cup filled hand on his hip, shrugged his shoulders and said, "Yeah....... turkey poop!"   

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #205 on: November 26, 2011, 08:18:30 AM »

I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was wonderful!! Yep, I was stuffed and exhausted! I'm grateful and blessed to have a full table and full chairs around it. I gotta say though that doing it all with a 2 year old is like running a marathon! 

I cracked up; we're working on potty training, and right now it's a hit and miss situation. I suspected a dirty diaper, so I asked him if we needed to change his pull ups. He cocked his head, put a sippy cup filled hand on his hip, shrugged his shoulders and said, "Yeah....... turkey poop!"   

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #206 on: November 28, 2011, 02:47:47 AM »

Wow!  I wanna be there next year.  To help of course...or to help myself to the next course....

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2011, 11:39:44 AM »

Wow!  I wanna be there next year.  To help of course...or to help myself to the next course....

Note to self: Set place for Bearly at Thanksgiving. No devil's food cake....... wouldn't want to tick off the hovering angel.   
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2011, 02:14:26 PM »

Note to self: Set place for Bearly at Thanksgiving. No devil's food cake....... wouldn't want to tick off the hovering angel.   

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: November 29, 2011, 08:43:55 PM »

DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW AT 9PM ET TONIGHT!

Click the link below to listen to the show at 9pm ET
http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
crazybabyborg
« Reply #210 on: November 29, 2011, 10:32:18 PM »

Bad day today. For those of you who have so patiently and compassionately  listened to my worries about KuBear through her various skin growths, I'm once again asking for a little prayer said on her behalf. This time, maybe you could include a second for me too? She had a large growth removed a couple of weeks ago. It was in a really bad place...... on her rear right knee. The report came back today and confirmed what the Vet had already suspected. It was malignant. What we didn't know is that it was stage 3 (there's only three stages). That's the "most malignant" and most aggresive. The edges were not clear. The Vet said she would suggest amputation of the leg, but since KuBear has already had malignancies in the other leg, she wouldn't recommend it.

I can go the route of chemo in Knoxville, but the prognosis is really grim even with it. We're at the end of good options. Now we just wait and watch for it to return...... it will return, probably in the same place. There is still a surgical option when it does, but that consideration is only there if it doesn't come back quickly ....... and the Vet thinks it will.

I've done all I can and have only undertaken all the procedures because she was still happy and active. I'll do what I need to for her when the time comes. It's funny the report came back today. She hasn't been herself today and I stayed home from work because of it. She's such a good girl. It's her nature to look out for me and she's done that every day of her 12 year life. I'm doing my best to do the same for her. Thanks for the prayers, Monkeys.  

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 10:45:52 PM by CBB » Logged
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #211 on: November 29, 2011, 10:47:23 PM »

I am not good at giving advice, but all I can say is love her. She will know you do, and when the time comes it will be easier on both you and her.

Personally, I would do all it takes to save her even if it means both legs amputated. Nowadays there are places to order prosthesis to help dogs, just like for war heroes. As long as she is not in terrible pain, life is worth fighting for.

Take in mind that 12 years for a dog is a long life, and I'm sure she has lived a full life being loved and happy.

May God guide and inspire you during these tough times.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #212 on: November 30, 2011, 12:26:41 AM »

CBB I am so sorry to hear that KuBears new growth is malignant. Prayers that if it comes back it's slow in doing so. I know you will do whats best for her and you when and if the time comes. Hugs and Prayers headed out to you now.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #213 on: November 30, 2011, 03:35:06 AM »

CBB   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #214 on: November 30, 2011, 04:34:28 AM »

Bad day today. For those of you who have so patiently and compassionately  listened to my worries about KuBear through her various skin growths, I'm once again asking for a little prayer said on her behalf. This time, maybe you could include a second for me too? She had a large growth removed a couple of weeks ago. It was in a really bad place...... on her rear right knee. The report came back today and confirmed what the Vet had already suspected. It was malignant. What we didn't know is that it was stage 3 (there's only three stages). That's the "most malignant" and most aggresive. The edges were not clear. The Vet said she would suggest amputation of the leg, but since KuBear has already had malignancies in the other leg, she wouldn't recommend it.

I can go the route of chemo in Knoxville, but the prognosis is really grim even with it. We're at the end of good options. Now we just wait and watch for it to return...... it will return, probably in the same place. There is still a surgical option when it does, but that consideration is only there if it doesn't come back quickly ....... and the Vet thinks it will.

I've done all I can and have only undertaken all the procedures because she was still happy and active. I'll do what I need to for her when the time comes. It's funny the report came back today. She hasn't been herself today and I stayed home from work because of it. She's such a good girl. It's her nature to look out for me and she's done that every day of her 12 year life. I'm doing my best to do the same for her. Thanks for the prayers, Monkeys.  

CBB,
Kubear is such a lucky girl to have you. 

She knows you love her and will do everything you can to help her, just as she loves you and protects you.

I'm so sorry you're both going through this.  You are in my prayers, healing for Kubear, and strength for you...you'll know what's right.

We're all here for you!  (((HUGS)))

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: November 30, 2011, 11:22:22 AM »

CBB,sending you hugs and prayers.  an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: November 30, 2011, 12:49:57 PM »

CBB.....she looks exactly like our Sydney! RIP Sydney...
Sorry that u r going thru this with your dog....our 14 yr old dog keeps getting all these lumps and warts,moles etc...sigh...so far so good but may be just a matter of time..
You will make the right decision when the time comes...thinking of u......

crazybabyborg
« Reply #217 on: November 30, 2011, 06:16:03 PM »

Thanks for all the kind words, thoughts and prayers. You guys mean the world to me! 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #218 on: November 30, 2011, 07:15:38 PM »

Thanks for all the kind words, thoughts and prayers. You guys mean the world to me! 

We love you, CBB.   

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #219 on: December 01, 2011, 03:13:31 AM »

CBB, what a beautiful dog.  You're in my prayers and you will know what to do when the time comes.  I just pray it's a long time from now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.