March 28, 2024, 02:53:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #59 10/16/11 - 04/23/12  (Read 238429 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #320 on: January 01, 2012, 05:52:06 AM »

Sunday, Jan 1, 2012 1:08 AM 05:42:43 EST
Monkey Stolen From SF Zoo Found Scared But Healthy

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A beloved squirrel monkey known as Banana Sam was returned scared but safe to the San Francisco Zoo on Saturday night, two days after he was taken.

Banana Sam was “hungry, trembling and thirsty,” after police returned him to the zoo, but a full physical examination showed he was healthy, zoo spokesman Danny Latham said in a statement.

The 17-year-old monkey was found at Stern Grove, a park about a mile from the zoo, police spokesman Carlos Manfredi said.

The monkey was found by a bystander who saw him come out of the bushes.

“He managed to coax the monkey into his backpack,” Manfredi said.

The man called police, and within an hour they met with zoo officials, who verified the monkey’s identity.  << (LOL)
 ::snipping2::  more
http://www.salon.com/2012/01/01/monkey_stolen_from_sf_zoo_found_scared_but_healthy/

Original story

Beloved Monkey 'Banana Sam' Stolen From San Francisco Zoo
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/12/squirrel-monkey-banana-sam-stolen-san-francisco-zoo

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #321 on: January 01, 2012, 11:03:07 AM »

Happy New Year Monkeys!

Thanks to all who make this a special place!   an angelic monkey ::justice2NJ::
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #322 on: January 01, 2012, 11:15:08 AM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012 FROM SCARED MONKEYS … Wishing Every One a Happy, Safe and Joyous 2012

SCARED MONKEYS WISHES EVERYONE A HAPPY 2012 NEW YEAR …

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/01/01/happy-new-year-2012-from-scared-monkeys-wishing-every-one-a-happy-safe-and-joyous-2012/

We wish every one a Happy, Safe and Joyous 2012. We look back over the past year and remember it with fondness as we look to the future and the new year. we say goodbye to special friends and look forward to meeting new ones.

I want to take a moment to thank all the readers, listeners and commenters of Scared Monkeys.com, Scared Monkeys forum, Blink on Crime, Scared Monkeys Radio and MissingExploited.com.  You have all made it a very truly memorable year, there has been heart ache and joy.  A special thanks to all the moderators and admins who devote their time and the folks that send in the stories and those on the front page and forums who comment.  Wising you all the best in 2012. God Bless!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: January 01, 2012, 12:38:01 PM »

Thank you to Red, the "leader of the pack;" to Klaas, admin extraordinaire; and to the magnificent mods.  You make Scared Monkeys a special place to visit!

Wishing everyone a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous, and Safe New Year--2012!   
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: January 01, 2012, 04:28:18 PM »

Does anyone know how to fix a computer where the typing goes wherever the cursor is pointing during my keyboarding?  It just randomly starts typing where the cursor is resting.  It has been so hard to post lately, I have mostly been reading, I have to correct so much.  It also will bring up whatever is on the bottom of the screen while I am keyboarding.  It is very frustrating.

If I didn't fix it, the above would look like this:

Does t just dandomly starts typing where the cursor is resting.  It has been so hard to post lately, I have mostly been reading, I have to correct somuch.  It yping goes wherever the cursor is pointing diring my keyboarding?  Itnyone know how to fix a computealso will bring up whatever is on the bottom of the screen while I am deyboarding.  It is very frustrating.r where the y

...and that was pretty good, most of the time, it's worse.  Help!

Bearly, I wonder if that has to do with that "compatibility" issue that causes the cursur to jump around and drives people nuts.  Let me look for those instructions.

TBM helped.  When I type on my laptop, I need to turn the touch pad off.  It's like a miracle.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: January 01, 2012, 04:30:54 PM »

I've had that happen and I don't know what starts it or what stops it, but it drives me nuts when it happens! I'll be watching for your response, Klaas!

Of course it could just be that Bearly was naughty this Christmas, you know! That angel has a hard job!!   

I definitely need that angel with me at all times.  Thanks CBB, for designing my avis over the years.  You are so very talented and I am so grateful.  Love you!

How is Ku?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: January 01, 2012, 04:35:09 PM »

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KTCQpjUrCe8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What a cutie!  She looks like she is practicing to be a teenager!

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: January 01, 2012, 05:26:38 PM »

80 degrees here today!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #328 on: January 01, 2012, 06:47:12 PM »

80 degrees here today!

Do you really have to rub it in?  It is 47 here, winds gusting up to 35 mph and tomorrow it is only going to be 35 degrees.  But it will be back in the upper 50's by the weekend.

Hope everyone had a good new years.  I spent today cleaning out my fridge, cleaning out my cabinets, then went to the grocery and filled them all up again.  I am glad the holidays are over and was really glad to get rid of ALL the food that reminded me of it.  I am fixing a meatloaf right now and have a pan of black-eyed peas on just for New Years day.  Red, Klaas, and all our "great/lovely" mods--words cannot express how GREAT you all are.  Thanks for giving us Scared Monkeys!

::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ::

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
crazybabyborg
« Reply #329 on: January 02, 2012, 01:34:21 AM »

I've had that happen and I don't know what starts it or what stops it, but it drives me nuts when it happens! I'll be watching for your response, Klaas!

Of course it could just be that Bearly was naughty this Christmas, you know! That angel has a hard job!!   

I definitely need that angel with me at all times.  Thanks CBB, for designing my avis over the years.  You are so very talented and I am so grateful.  Love you!

How is Ku?

Love you too, Bearly!! 

Ku's doing OK right now. We take it a day at a time, and I'm giving her immune regulator pills twice a day. It may not do anything but it was the best John's research could come up with and he discussed it with the Vet who got her included in a protocol study through the University of Virginia's Vet school. Basically, there's an average term of the illness at her stage (3 months) so they'll just track her progression to see if there's a significant difference with the pills. The only consistent change I notice is that she tires more quickly than she used to.......  but she is getting older, so that's not really alarming. No new growths.......... I hold my breath and check her every morning. Thanks for asking!

With all the New Year's resolutions, I got to thinking about life in general, and I agree with whoever came up with this idea:

Life should be backwards

1-You should die first, start out dead and get it out of the way,

2-Then, you wake up in an old age home feeling better every day,

3-You get kicked out for being too healthy,

4-Go collect your pension,

5-Then, when you start work, you get a gold watch on your first day,

6-You work for 40 years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement,

7-You drink alcohol, you party, you're generally promiscuous and you get
ready for High School,

8-You go to Elementary School,

9-you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities,

10-you become a baby, and then,

11-You spend your last 9 months floating peacefully in luxury, in spa-like
conditions, central heating, room service on tap, and larger quarters every
day,

12-and finally you finish off as a really good time in the sack! 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #330 on: January 02, 2012, 01:46:05 AM »

80 degrees here today!

And I wanna go swimming soooooooooooo badly!!!  Klaas? Did you ever see that movie with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet called "The Holiday"? Kate lives in England and Cameron lives in California. They switch houses for a vacation. Just asking!   

Well, we haven't had any snow..........yet......... and so far it hasn't been a bad winter. January and February are always the worst months for us so we'll see. Wouldn't you like to have a little snow Klaas? Hmmmm?   

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: January 02, 2012, 07:07:01 PM »

May God bless each and every path
you take this coming year,
and that it is the happiest ever!!!!

Thank you, IM, same to you!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: January 02, 2012, 07:07:54 PM »

Thanks, Sis!  That is beautiful!

I believe in miracles!
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #333 on: January 03, 2012, 09:06:00 AM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR

gives me hope for my fellow man,in the new year, what an ideal to aspire to,BBM

Father: Thankful for passers-by who saved children
"I need to do more so I can be at that level where I can step in and help people,"
Roger Andersen  said
http://tinyurl.com/84w3nrn

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Grandma2Maddie
Monkey Junky

This is my granddaughter!

« Reply #334 on: January 03, 2012, 01:05:27 PM »

Can one of you that live in Florida tell me what suburb is good area to look at homes to rent when we come down to Orlando this summer?  We haven't been there in a long time so appreciate all help.  We are going to the Disney Parks a few days and then want to go to Cocoa to the Beach.  We are looking to rent a house to stay in as we have family from Tampa that will come over and spend the day with us one day.   I will be on and off today.

R.I.P. Caylee Marie Anthony!   You are our ANGEL Caylee!  Making money off of a murdered child is not a legitimate form of income!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: January 05, 2012, 02:43:48 PM »

Can one of you that live in Florida tell me what suburb is good area to look at homes to rent when we come down to Orlando this summer?  We haven't been there in a long time so appreciate all help.  We are going to the Disney Parks a few days and then want to go to Cocoa to the Beach.  We are looking to rent a house to stay in as we have family from Tampa that will come over and spend the day with us one day.   I will be on and off today.

we usually are in Orlando area since we have an apartment there. Big area...some of the areas are of course nicer than others..We are in Winter Park/Maitland area....I think lol....
there are probably plenty of houses and condos close to Disney..Cocoa Beach is nice and if you get a day, go over to St. Augustine...very cool place!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: January 05, 2012, 02:45:07 PM »

we usually are in Orlando area since we have an apartment there. Big area...some of the areas are of course nicer than others..We are in Winter Park/Maitland area....I think lol....
there are probably plenty of houses and condos close to Disney..Cocoa Beach is nice and if you get a day, go over to St. Augustine...very cool place!

We actually live in Illinois..someone who lives in Florida year round is probably a lot more familiar to the area..

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: January 05, 2012, 07:58:51 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight at 9pm ET!

Click on the link below:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:45:59 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: January 05, 2012, 10:11:14 PM »

EXCELLENT SHOW DANA, BLINK AND RED!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #339 on: January 06, 2012, 03:27:00 AM »

After no sleep last night and a long day today, I slept right through Dana's show.

I look forward to catching it on the podcast!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.