March 29, 2024, 07:11:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #59 10/16/11 - 04/23/12  (Read 238520 times)
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #420 on: February 03, 2012, 04:26:53 AM »

OH I could spit nail, I am soooo angry.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #421 on: February 03, 2012, 04:28:04 AM »

HI CBB!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #422 on: February 03, 2012, 04:31:30 AM »

Hi IBE!    Good to see you!   

I'm afraid I'm not much help with anything ebay, but I'd bet somebody will come along that can get you the advice you're looking for. We have some super sleuths for sure!!

I've got a stomach bug and have been up and down all night. YUCK! Thought I'd check the weather and ran across this. I thought it was worth a "share"   

WHAT HAPPENS TO BOILING WATER @ -22*?

http://www.weather.com/weather/videos/news-41/top-stories-169/what-happens-to-boiling-water-at--22-19419#loc=62/436/19419

Weird, huh?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #423 on: February 03, 2012, 04:35:29 AM »

I would be too! I'm so glad you are on it! That's not right...... no way, no how!! 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #424 on: February 03, 2012, 04:41:49 AM »

I need some help, please.

During the Casey A years, sometimes it would be reported that her brother was selling stuff on eBay, his ID name there and what he was selling.

How does one find out the ID of the person?

Reason I ask.

I belong to the American Legion Auxiliary. We have (had) an antique large globe like light from our Unit in the 1930-40's, about 18 inches like the top of the frosted round globe like things on top of old filling station gas pumps, trimmed in blue on the inset and the words of the American Legion Auxiliary on it. I found it in 2002 and it has been in the same place since then until the room was repainted.... it was on top of our ALA cabinet back against the wall. I had repacked it in its original box. It had a light in it and from the work of the plug it looked 30-40's. It  was from the original ALA/AL building that is now a historic landmark in our city, It sat on a table.

The room is shared with the officers of the American Legion Post which recently painted the room, well, perhaps late Oct/NOV. I have been ill so missed the last few meetings.

Tonight I went into the room for a meeting and the antique light was gone! It was in a box well marked ALA spelled out and fragile.

An officer from the AL admitted to me that he saw it in the "old" box, it was dusty, he ran it on eBay and it wasn't worth anything so the threw it away.

I have been tipped off that other items have been sold by another officer; items that belong to the organization and not to them, individually.

OK if slueths
if CA brother could be ID'd on eBay, how can I find these persons? Can zip codes be run?

eBay policy is that if you know that stolen goods were sold on eBay you go to the local police and then they contact eBay with the complaint.

I need to find the listing of the item on eBay first

I tell you, the thought ran threw me to run over him with my car tonight, but wouldn't do well in prison.

Now get this, he says it was junk! At the time he admitted this, in front of another AL officer, no less, I am looking around the room and seeing all kinds of electronic junk cluttering up the room.

Want to nail this guy in the worse way! Help please,

Love,

IBE

Not much help, but I have looked for items that "expired" on ebay, and once they are taken off, I'm not aware there's a way to pull them back up. I'm thinking that reporting it stolen and allowing the police to contact ebay may be the best way. I'm sure ebay could run the description and pull up matching items sold and further narrow it by zip code. The trick is getting the police to make the contact for you.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #425 on: February 03, 2012, 04:42:13 AM »

Am on dial up so will check it out soon.

Please get well! We love you!

Notice, I have kept your Valentine avatar all year?

What does the pig say as he goes by? I love those commercials and the ones with the duck!

Wish they'd make a DVD of them!

Get well, OK?

crazybabyborg
« Reply #426 on: February 03, 2012, 04:48:03 AM »

What does the pig say as he goes by? I love those commercials and the ones with the duck!

Get well, OK?

Thanks, IBE! Yes, I've noticed your dress......... but it seems fitting, IBE! You're a sweetheart all year long! 

I'm going to have to answer nature's call!   

Good to chat with you, IBE! I'll check back to see if you've made any progress! Go get 'em girl! 
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #427 on: February 03, 2012, 04:53:09 AM »

Not 100% sure, but if I could know how to find is ID then I might be able to pull up all the things he has offered to sell?

this would keep me awake, but sure would be good! He had had many of these when he finally admitted it. Before that, I had been told by the him and the Commander the light was there! just look around.

I am 71 and so is the man who admitted it, a former Navy officer, no less in Vietnam. Guess he thought I had just gotten off a turnip truck.

I "protected" that light for 9-10 years with it hidden there! 

I wish this would follow him  ::rhino

Got to find his ID

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #428 on: February 03, 2012, 06:06:49 AM »

eBay lets you run email addresses. The one I was tipped off about also selling is very computer, multimedia, scanning savvy and came up using his own email address on eBay (dumb) but I can't get passed that he has an eBay account.. ie: can't find his eBay ID.

He uses a small scanner to scan pictures still in the glass so imagine this missing item might have been scanned too. He and the other guy told me the missing light was still in there?

INQUIRING MINDS want to know how they knew there was a light in the box? and why they both told me it was in the room

Am doubting, more and more,  that the missing antique was thrown in the trash.

I will report this to the police if I can find the listing on eBay! and probably will get 86'd from the Post for the bigwigs might be involved. If they do that, then a letter has to be sent to our District on why I am 86'd  heh heh. I know more about the AL and the ALA than all of them combined!

Messed with the wrong gal... a scared monkey!

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #429 on: February 03, 2012, 08:30:28 AM »

eBay lets you run email addresses. The one I was tipped off about also selling is very computer, multimedia, scanning savvy and came up using his own email address on eBay (dumb) but I can't get passed that he has an eBay account.. ie: can't find his eBay ID.

He uses a small scanner to scan pictures still in the glass so imagine this missing item might have been scanned too. He and the other guy told me the missing light was still in there?

INQUIRING MINDS want to know how they knew there was a light in the box? and why they both told me it was in the room

Am doubting, more and more,  that the missing antique was thrown in the trash.

I will report this to the police if I can find the listing on eBay! and probably will get 86'd from the Post for the bigwigs might be involved. If they do that, then a letter has to be sent to our District on why I am 86'd  heh heh. I know more about the AL and the ALA than all of them combined!

Messed with the wrong gal... a scared monkey!

IBE: Is this a pic of what you're talking about?

I found it at the below link, and it states it was sold on ebay in 2011. Of course that doesn't mean it was the only one that was sold. Let me know.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/american-legion-auxiliary-19-tall-152063671

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #430 on: February 03, 2012, 09:55:57 AM »

sassifrass    yes yes that is it or one just like  it   good work girl!    I haven't had any sleep tonight for I have been so angry and hurt that it is gone.

Is this company, Worthpoint  an eBay company. I items there that I was looking at on eBAy  going to read the worthpoint site and see about this item

oh thank you for your fastness, honing in skills and God Bless, IBE

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #431 on: February 03, 2012, 03:03:50 PM »

What does the pig say as he goes by?
I love those commercials and the ones with the duck!

Get well, OK?

Maxwell the pig in the Geico zip-line commercial says, "pure adrenaline".

Challapalca him!
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #432 on: February 03, 2012, 08:51:49 PM »

Not 100% sure, but if I could know how to find is ID then I might be able to pull up all the things he has offered to sell?

this would keep me awake, but sure would be good! He had had many of these when he finally admitted it. Before that, I had been told by the him and the Commander the light was there! just look around.

I am 71 and so is the man who admitted it, a former Navy officer, no less in Vietnam. Guess he thought I had just gotten off a turnip truck.

I "protected" that light for 9-10 years with it hidden there! 

I wish this would follow him  ::rhino

Got to find his ID

???

http://www.bolky.com/american-legion-auxiliary-tall-meeting-globelight-p-297.html?osCsid=h4t0d83mjrm7qmtais77ker187

American Legion Auxiliary 19" Tall Meeting Globe/Light

For sale is great collectors item, this is about sixty years old from what I can find out about it PREAMBLE AMERICAN LEGION AUXILIARY light up advertising sign. It has a rotating base that is in working condition, the globe is made of hard plastic and is in amazing condition. This lights up great - it measures 18" tall and the diameter of the globe is 15 1/2" and 6 1/2" thick.

picture at site.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #433 on: February 03, 2012, 10:39:52 PM »

sassifras,

Thank you. The more fancy one is like ours, even when it said about the little caulking between the glass!. I had noticed that and packed it extra carefully These men were futzing all year in the room with repairing of ceiling, painting of ceiling tiles, walls. They are the 2 biggest whigs in the post and are in that room all of the time. I wish that I hadn't been ill most of the year and really kept  tabs on the box.

What do you guys think are the next steps?

How do I find the ID, name they go buy in eBay?

sassifrass, since you came up with the ones (one of items might be ours) is there a way to find the area from which  the seller came?

on active selling items I can put in my zip code and find those selling within x # miles; can it be done on the two already sold items you found?
thanks  TIA

buckeye thanks!

Ours had two demsenions as I remembering cleaning out the ridge; n, ot sure if it had a rotating base as I remember that I wished the stuff there to be rewire before using. IRONICLY man  who took it, rather stole it, would have be able to do that and so would have the other guy.

Why would, in the picture you found, some have their wall covered in plastic mesh? Also is that a gun case behind the lamp? and what kind of duffle bag?

There is no doublt that I will file charges if needed. With one of the men, I don't this safety is a problem, with other maybe so.

Am very tired and sad. sorry

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #434 on: February 04, 2012, 12:37:33 AM »

FYI - THE FRONT PAGE OF SCARED MONKEYS, BLINK ON CRIME AND RADIO HAVE ALL BEEN DOWN NOW FOR NEARLY 12 HOURS.  THE SERVER COMPANY IS WORKING ON THE PROBLEM WHICH IS ON THEIR END WITH A SWITCH OR SOMETHING. 

JUST THOUGHT I'D UPDATE THOSE THAT WERE WONDERING.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #435 on: February 04, 2012, 01:40:24 AM »

Thanks, Klaas.

Was just ready to ask about it.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #436 on: February 04, 2012, 08:11:43 AM »

sassifras,

Thank you. The more fancy one is like ours, even when it said about the little caulking between the glass!. I had noticed that and packed it extra carefully These men were futzing all year in the room with repairing of ceiling, painting of ceiling tiles, walls. They are the 2 biggest whigs in the post and are in that room all of the time. I wish that I hadn't been ill most of the year and really kept  tabs on the box.

What do you guys think are the next steps?

How do I find the ID, name they go buy in eBay?

sassifrass, since you came up with the ones (one of items might be ours) is there a way to find the area from which  the seller came?

on active selling items I can put in my zip code and find those selling within x # miles; can it be done on the two already sold items you found?
thanks  TIA

buckeye thanks!

Ours had two demsenions as I remembering cleaning out the ridge; n, ot sure if it had a rotating base as I remember that I wished the stuff there to be rewire before using. IRONICLY man  who took it, rather stole it, would have be able to do that and so would have the other guy.

Why would, in the picture you found, some have their wall covered in plastic mesh? Also is that a gun case behind the lamp? and what kind of duffle bag?

There is no doublt that I will file charges if needed. With one of the men, I don't this safety is a problem, with other maybe so.

Am very tired and sad. sorry

Good morning IBE and Monkeys!

Don't get yourself upset about this. If this person has been on the internet, they can be found. 

This is a good place to start. Click on the below link and type in the first name, last name, and hit the down arrow to put the state that they live in. If it's a common name, you may have several hits, but don't worry about that. If you scroll down on the "results" page, you will see a category called "web results" if they have subscribed to any internet pages like ebay, amazon, etc.

When you register at ebay, you can use any user name you want but to register, you have to use your real name for billing purposes. If he registered there you will find him in the results. If he had someone else register, it would make it more difficult.

http://www.peekyou.com/

Good Luck IBE! Let me know how you make out.  an angelic monkey

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #437 on: February 04, 2012, 06:04:01 PM »

I love Superbowl commercials!!   

This one has GOT to be among the best to come!!

Official 2012 Honda CR-V Game Day Commercial - "Matthew's Day Off" Extended Version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhkDdayA4iA

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #438 on: February 04, 2012, 06:09:45 PM »

So sorry, IBE!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #439 on: February 04, 2012, 06:11:23 PM »

Hi IBE!    Good to see you!   

I'm afraid I'm not much help with anything ebay, but I'd bet somebody will come along that can get you the advice you're looking for. We have some super sleuths for sure!!

I've got a stomach bug and have been up and down all night. YUCK! Thought I'd check the weather and ran across this. I thought it was worth a "share"   

WHAT HAPPENS TO BOILING WATER @ -22*?

http://www.weather.com/weather/videos/news-41/top-stories-169/what-happens-to-boiling-water-at--22-19419#loc=62/436/19419

Weird, huh?

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.