March 28, 2024, 12:12:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #59 10/16/11 - 04/23/12  (Read 238411 times)
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #460 on: February 09, 2012, 12:36:50 PM »

Good morning Monkey's,

HLN ran a story on Wednesday, about a (missing) H.S. girl, who was being stalked after she got off her school bus.

I have not seen any follow-up, anywhere, on her name. The missing girl (black), had told her mother, about a car stalking her, the mother sent her husband to check out, if a car was awaiting and did not find anyone.

The girl, asked friends, to check out the stalking area, and no sign of anyone awaiting in a car.

Sadly, the student, disappeared, on the day her mother could not pick her up at the bus stop, the mom is a school teacher-
and could not get out of school, to pick her up.

I checked HLN's transcripts and Youtube.com and did not find any follow-ups. 

Does anyone remember, please, the girls name, or where she was from? 

I was so absorbed in the story, I do not even remember, if anyone mentioned on where the missing girls hometown. 

I only hope is the girl memorized the car (or any details) and told the mom, nothing was said about the car.

Thank-you

Is this the one Seahorse?

Re: Naketa Leiba, 17, last seen Feb 1, 2012 getting off school bus, Miramar, FL
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 06:00:21 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOUND SAFE

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/miramar/fl-naketa-leiba-found-safe-20120208,0,6661642.story

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #461 on: February 09, 2012, 02:34:01 PM »

Good morning Monkey's,

HLN ran a story on Wednesday, about a (missing) H.S. girl, who was being stalked after she got off her school bus.

I have not seen any follow-up, anywhere, on her name. The missing girl (black), had told her mother, about a car stalking her, the mother sent her husband to check out, if a car was awaiting and did not find anyone.

The girl, asked friends, to check out the stalking area, and no sign of anyone awaiting in a car.

Sadly, the student, disappeared, on the day her mother could not pick her up at the bus stop, the mom is a school teacher-
and could not get out of school, to pick her up.

I checked HLN's transcripts and Youtube.com and did not find any follow-ups. 

Does anyone remember, please, the girls name, or where she was from? 

I was so absorbed in the story, I do not even remember, if anyone mentioned on where the missing girls hometown. 

I only hope is the girl memorized the car (or any details) and told the mom, nothing was said about the car.

Thank-you

Is this the one Seahorse?

Re: Naketa Leiba, 17, last seen Feb 1, 2012 getting off school bus, Miramar, FL
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 06:00:21 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Babskats 

Nice work in locating the update. Thank-you!

Yes, this is the High School student, who went "missing".

I am pleased she has been discovered at her friends.  The "missing" student was a volunteer at VA hospital, she sounded mature and intelligent, maybe a little spoiled Sad

LE or the State, should penalize a child for this kind of prank, IMO.  She punished her poor parents, unbelievable. 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #462 on: February 09, 2012, 03:07:26 PM »

Babskats, sorry for intruding in your space.

Sorry it was Tuesday evening I saw the interview on HLN, not Wednesday.

This is from your link, thank-you, again, for digging for i. Smile

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/miramar/fl-naketa-leiba-found-safe-20120208,0,6661642.story
 ::snipping2::
Police said several factors led them to suspect the girl had run away when she disappeared Feb. 1 in Miramar. Officers had been called to the family home early last year when Naketa's mother, Sharon Leiba, said the girl arrived home drunk after disobeying curfew, according to a police report.

Sharon Leiba told police her daughter "has been misbehaving more and more lately and believes it's due to a bad crowd she has started being around," the report said.

Police on Wednesday revealed that Naketa phoned her mother the day after she disappeared, telling her mot-her not to look for her.

IMO - mom should be scolded for misleading us. She was aware of the daughter's phone call, when she was interviewed.

Comment posted from link

snip
:NI51965 at 10:34 AM February 09, 2012

Seems that the good parents knew she had run off.They didn't know where,so they called the police with a story of a possible abduction,to find her. ::snipping2::

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #463 on: February 09, 2012, 03:44:08 PM »

Babskats, sorry for intruding in your space.

Sorry it was Tuesday evening I saw the interview on HLN, not Wednesday.

This is from your link, thank-you, again, for digging for i. Smile

Police said several factors led them to suspect the girl had run away when she disappeared Feb. 1 in Miramar. Officers had been called to the family home early last year when Naketa's mother, Sharon Leiba, said the girl arrived home drunk after disobeying curfew, according to a police report.

Sharon Leiba told police her daughter "has been misbehaving more and more lately and believes it's due to a bad crowd she has started being around," the report said.

Police on Wednesday revealed that Naketa phoned her mother the day after she disappeared, telling her mot-her not to look for her.

IMO - mom should be scolded for misleading us. She was aware of the daughter's phone call, when she was interviewed.

Comment posted from link

snip
:NI51965 at 10:34 AM February 09, 2012

Seems that the good parents knew she had run off.They didn't know where,so they called the police with a story of a possible abduction,to find her. ::snipping2::

Your welcome Seahorse, I just happened to catch it last night when Muffy Moved it to the FOUND SAFE and was also miffed about the parents and girl wasting LE's time, when they have so much on their plates as it is.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #464 on: February 09, 2012, 04:59:54 PM »

Babskats,

You are observant and Thank-you for mentionin it was moved to Found Safe,  I never caught the missing girl's name
so I did not know where to look.  I was really suckered into the mum's story. 

I LOVE your avatar Smile

Toot, Toot,
Seahorse

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #465 on: February 09, 2012, 10:23:19 PM »

Babskats,

You are observant and Thank-you for mentionin it was moved to Found Safe,  I never caught the missing girl's name

I LOVE your avatar Smile

Toot, Toot,
Seahorse

For every, let's just say 'bad decision,' made to call LE for a missing person that is not missing (sometimes it may not be deliberate), I wonder how many other children who are actually missing pay by having their abduction not believed until it is too late.  I hope this wording makes sense.  I mean for everyone that is not truly missing and reported missing, how many kids who are truly missing are not believed.  Sort of like crying wolf, but someone who does not cry wolf ends up paying when there truly is a wolf.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #466 on: February 09, 2012, 10:24:41 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/02/09/arnold-schwarzenegger-posts-photo-in-hospital-bed-next-to-sylvester-stallone/?intcmp=features

Yikes!     I'm getting old.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #467 on: February 10, 2012, 11:59:15 AM »

Babskats,

I LOVE your avatar Smile

Toot, Toot,
Seahorse

For every, let's just say 'bad decision,' made to call LE for a missing person that is not missing (sometimes it may not be deliberate), I wonder how many other children who are actually missing pay by having their abduction not believed until it is too late.  I hope this wording makes sense.  I mean for everyone that is not truly missing and reported missing, how many kids who are truly missing are not believed.  Sort of like crying wolf, but someone who does not cry wolf ends up paying when there truly is a wolf.

Hi Bearly,

I understand clearly, what you wrote because the thought also crossed my mind.  Wolf is one word, I would call it scammed. 

If (Lazy) HLN did a proper research on thie Leiba family, they would not have been deceived, and the public would not have been made fools of, like me.

Children are alone so much today, (stocking may really happen) and who will really believe it now?

I was so mesmerized by the mom's story; I never ever questioned it because she is a teacher, who would make up this crap? 
I now see there were no car and no stocking, (thank God) but instead, she deliberately misled the publc.

LE invested tens of thousand of dollars, in this investigation, only find out he was misled too. The parents divorced in January
which I guess they failed to mention.  The mom referred to the man she was with as her husband not ex, she stinks, IMO.

http://www.local10.com/news/Police-Teen-said-I-don-t-want-to-be-found/-/1717324/8617058/-/mwx72cz/-/

Police said they also were following the teen’s Twitter account.

“We had gotten information that there were some posts that were unusual, to say the least -- things alluding to drinking, to blowing off college, using foul language,” Rues said. “In the end, the picture that the parents painted, that wasn’t the case.”

http://www.local10.com/news/Police-Teen-said-I-don-t-want-to-be-found/-/1717324/8617058/-/mwx72cz/-/

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #468 on: February 10, 2012, 12:36:40 PM »

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/mother-of-teen-who-vanished-defends-use-of-2165889.html

Mother of teen who vanished defends use of public money

MIRAMAR — The family of a 17-year-old girl who disappeared for six days found themselves facing public criticism on Thursday over whether they should pick up the tab for the extensive police investigation — its cost was estimated in the tens of thousands of dollars.

The girl's mother, Sharon Leiba, said she, too, is a taxpayer and that such public funds should go toward ensuring the safety of all endangered children. She said she still believes her child, Naketa Leiba, was held against her will, and she accused police of coercing the girl to say she was a runaway after she was found.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/mother-of-teen-who-vanished-defends-use-of-2165889.html

ME: I cannot trust HLN after Mrs Leiba interview.  HLN does not care about the truth, it is all about ratings, this is my opinion.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #469 on: February 10, 2012, 05:06:00 PM »

Prayer Request -

My granddaughter's bio-dad is getting out of prison today.  My husband and I have had her all but three months of her three years here on earth.  I am afraid of him and although we have put all the precautions in place that we legally can take, I fear that he will be hell-bent to see and take her as soon as he can. 

At this point all I can do is pray that God will intervene and keep us all safe - that and pack my 38 at all times. 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #470 on: February 11, 2012, 01:28:53 AM »

Prayer Request -

My granddaughter's bio-dad is getting out of prison today.  My husband and I have had her all but three months of her three years here on earth.  I am afraid of him and although we have put all the precautions in place that we legally can take, I fear that he will be hell-bent to see and take her as soon as he can. 

At this point all I can do is pray that God will intervene and keep us all safe - that and pack my 38 at all times. 

Prayers for everyone's safety.

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #471 on: February 11, 2012, 01:32:47 AM »

Prayer Request -

Flutter1  Prayers for you & the families safety.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #472 on: February 11, 2012, 10:11:14 AM »

Prayer Request -

Heavenly Father, we praise you for your love of us.  We thank you for the privilege of coming before you with our needs.  You know the concerns of flutter's heart and soul and we are assured you delight in showing mercy.  We ask for your divine guidance and wisdom in the protecting and caring of this little child.  Where and when needed we ask for your grace to keep this family safe.  We thank you for flutter and her family that care for this precious one and humbly ask that you lead them in the right path.  As you have known us each before we were formed in our mother's womb, you know all about this situation.  We thank you, for such knowledge is more than we understand.  Give this family an extra anointing of your strength.  Amen and Amen.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #473 on: February 11, 2012, 08:26:15 PM »

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/11/whitney-houston-dead/

Whitney Houston Dead at 48.  Is this true?

RIP Whitney.  My prayers go out for her daughter and all who love her.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:31:57 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #474 on: February 11, 2012, 08:33:56 PM »

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/11/whitney-houston-dead/

Whitney Houston Dead at 48.  Is this true?

RIP Whitney.  My prayers go out for her daughter and all who love her.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/whitney-houston-superstar-of-records-films-dies-age-48/story-fn7x8me2-1226268869683

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #475 on: February 11, 2012, 08:48:28 PM »

Really sad.  

Nut has started a thread for Whitney  an angelic monkey

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12734.0
Whitney Houston, superstar of records, films, dies at 48

link fixed BH
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 08:47:05 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #476 on: February 12, 2012, 12:36:29 PM »

http://www.freep.com/article/20120212/ENT04/202120426/Live-performances-to-take-center-stage-at-tonight-s-Grammys?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Cs

Live performances to take center stage at tonight's Grammys
February 12, 2012  |

Snip...

It's perhaps the tastiest lineup of performances in the Grammys' 54-year history, set to include a reunited Beach Boys, a back-from-the-operating-table Adele, a post-heartbreak Katy Perry, a re-emergent Bruce Springsteen and a retiring Glen Campbell.

snip

Detroit Free Press

Monkey's,

I do not know if this great list of performers, will still be performing because of WH.  I HOPE so.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #477 on: February 13, 2012, 06:59:39 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjynAFQYAFA

Beach Boys at the 2012 Grammy Awards Staples Center

Video of The Beach Boys 

I posted this in music.  Sorry, if I am a menace.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #478 on: February 13, 2012, 08:41:13 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjynAFQYAFA

Beach Boys at the 2012 Grammy Awards Staples Center

Video of The Beach Boys 

I posted this in music.  Sorry, if I am a menace.

Thanks for posting the vid link seahorse     They've still got it!! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #479 on: February 13, 2012, 03:49:36 PM »

You are Welcome, Muffy Smile You are so right they still have it. 

It would be groovy Smile if the 54 Grammy Awards would be reaired.  The Beach Boy's sang a secong song, I need to hear it.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.