April 19, 2024, 11:31:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #59 10/16/11 - 04/23/12  (Read 238978 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #520 on: February 20, 2012, 02:27:08 PM »

Muffy,

I am sorry, I do not know how to post photo's. These may be your glasses from the Oatmeal box.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/set-4-depression-green-quaker-oatmeal-glassware-6-oz-juice-glasses-/220957146517?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3372127d95

set of 4        6 oz  oatmeal glasses i am told they are from the 60s and came in a box of quaker oats or chrystal oats you would get 1 per box . it would be neat if they would do something like that now. well anyway the 4 of them are in great cond. no chips or chigger bites the depression green is just lovely . so thanks for looking and bidding you get all 4 for your bid. thanks again Billy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/set-4-depression-green-quaker-oatmeal-glassware-6-oz-juice-glasses-/220957146517?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3372127d95

Here you go Seahorse  The set of 4 depression glasses Quaker oatmeal glassware 6 0z. juice glasses

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #521 on: February 20, 2012, 04:00:59 PM »

Thanks for posting the pic GE, and no, that wasn't the glassware from the oatmeal box my mom was collecting.  The ones she had were like a clear, no color.  But it does bring back memories.   

I've got various glassware and kitchen stuff from the 40' & 50's etc. I've collected here and there over the years. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #522 on: February 21, 2012, 07:55:19 AM »

onkey's,

Muffy,

The glasses are elegant, just elegant. Thank-you for posting the photo.  A colored glass collection would be stunning.

The cranberry Depression glass is jazzy; I have seen it on The Road Show, Public TV.

I think the Davy Crockett, mug and cereal bowl, came from sending in a cereal box label. 

My grandfather had these cool little juice glasses (with oranges on the them),  I think jelly came in the glass, and you could
use them for juice glasses, after the jelly was emptied.  I just loved those little OJ glasses Smile

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #523 on: February 21, 2012, 09:08:19 AM »

I can remember trips to the S&H green stamp store with my mom.  It was a big deal to shop and then sit at the table and lick those stamps and put them in the books.  lol 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #524 on: February 21, 2012, 09:24:50 AM »

For anyone interested....Hemy Neuman trial (daycare shooter in Dunwoody, GA) has started in Atl.

http://www.wsbtv.com/s/news/live/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: February 21, 2012, 09:27:17 AM »

I can remember trips to the S&H green stamp store with my mom.  It was a big deal to shop and then sit at the table and lick those stamps and put them in the books.  lol  

I remember S&H green stamps!  When I was a child, the Catholic Church in town collected enough books of S & H Green Stamps to redeem for a car, which they then raffled off in a fundraiser.  Looking back, that was a lot of stamp licked!!  

http://www.stamp-collector.info/
Classic S & H Green Stamps
Collect Yours Now

S&H Green Stamps
If you're looking online for old S&H Green Stamps, you need look no further because the only comprehensive collection of S&H Green Stamps for sale online is on eBay. And this Website is authorized to use special software that taps into eBay's live database to extract all the S&H Green Stamps currently for sale and show them to you here.

S & H Green Stamps is now S & H Green Points
http://www.greenpoints.com/account/act_default.asp

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #526 on: February 21, 2012, 11:00:01 AM »

Depression glass came in many colors, most were pale so that you could see through, and came in different products including detergent.

Some of the colors were pink, yellow, green, amethyst (dark),clear, and my favorite, colbalt blue. There were different patterns as well.   I collected for years but have gotten rid of most everything but my colbalt. 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: February 21, 2012, 12:01:08 PM »

Depression glass came in many colors, most were pale so that you could see through, and came in different products including detergent.

Some of the colors were pink, yellow, green, amethyst (dark),clear, and my favorite, colbalt blue. There were different patterns as well.   I collected for years but have gotten rid of most everything but my colbalt. 

I bought some depression glass vases at a garage sale that are called "funeral vases" cheap cheap.   I've collected some various pieces of depression glass  and etc.  I collected Fiesta for years, but have given most of it to my eldest son, who really loves it.  I've learned to start being more selective. It's easy to wake up one day and find there's too much stuff.   I also collected old coffee pots.  My BIL collects old toasters and even goes to toaster conventions. We could do breakfast!   

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #528 on: February 21, 2012, 12:32:54 PM »

I bought some depression glass vases at a garage sale that are called "funeral vases" cheap cheap.   I've collected some various pieces of depression glass  and etc.  I collected Fiesta for years, but have given most of it to my eldest son, who really loves it.  I've learned to start being more selective. It's easy to wake up one day and find there's too much stuff.   I also collected old coffee pots.  My BIL collects old toasters and even goes to toaster conventions. We could do breakfast!   

Walrus collection, donkey collection (alive and porcelain), dog collection (alive).  Too much stuff!

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #529 on: February 21, 2012, 05:55:45 PM »

I can remember trips to the S&H green stamp store with my mom.  It was a big deal to shop and then sit at the table and lick those stamps and put them in the books.  lol  

I remember S&H green stamps!  When I was a child, the Catholic Church in town collected enough books of S & H Green Stamps to redeem for a car, which they then raffled off in a fundraiser.  Looking back, that was a lot of stamp licked!!  

Collect Yours Now

S&H Green Stamps
If you're looking online for old S&H Green Stamps, you need look no further because the only comprehensive collection of S&H Green Stamps for sale online is on eBay. And this Website is authorized to use special software that taps into eBay's live database to extract all the S&H Green Stamps currently for sale and show them to you here.

WOW, I never would have guessed you could still redeem these!  I use to go to the GS store often when I was in my teens.  Brings back memories, lol.  I don't think I have any stamps lying around though.  Nice to know if I run across any that they can still be redeemed.  Thanks Muffy!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #530 on: February 21, 2012, 06:17:54 PM »

Collect Yours Now

S&H Green Stamps

WOW, I never would have guessed you could still redeem these!  I use to go to the GS store often when I was in my teens.  Brings back memories, lol.  I don't think I have any stamps lying around though.  Nice to know if I run across any that they can still be redeemed.  Thanks Muffy!

If you find any laying around, say in the back of a drawer, in a book or something, you might check to see if they are collectible.  Depending on their age and condition, the stamps may have more value as a collectible than their value in trade. $$   Check E Bay

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #531 on: February 21, 2012, 07:56:10 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight at 9pm ET:

Click on the link below to listen!

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 08:41:41 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #532 on: February 21, 2012, 07:56:33 PM »

Thanks Muffy, I'll be sure to check first!
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #533 on: February 21, 2012, 09:11:04 PM »

I can remember trips to the S&H green stamp store with my mom.  It was a big deal to shop and then sit at the table and lick those stamps and put them in the books.  lol 

I remember S&H green stamps!  When I was a child, the Catholic Church in town collected enough books of S & H Green Stamps to redeem for a car, which they then raffled off in a fundraiser.  Looking back, that was a lot of stamp licked!! 

Collect Yours Now

S&H Green Stamps

WOW, I never would have guessed you could still redeem these!  I use to go to the GS store often when I was in my teens.  Brings back memories, lol.  I don't think I have any stamps lying around though.  Nice to know if I run across any that they can still be redeemed.  Thanks Muffy!

If you find any laying around, say in the back of a drawer, in a book or something, you might check to see if they are collectible.  Depending on their age and condition, the stamps may have more value as a collectible than their value in trade. $$    Check E Bay
Now that is good to know.  I'll bet my hoarding mama has some.  I need to check.  That could be her retirement.  lol

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #534 on: February 22, 2012, 10:47:39 AM »

http://www.wsbtv.com/s/news/live/

For anyone that likes to follow trial, the Hemy Neuman murder trial (shot Rusty Sneiderman outside of daycare in ATL) is going on right now.  I pray that Andrea Sneiderman slips up on the stand and gives LE something that they can use to charge her with.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #535 on: February 23, 2012, 09:13:28 AM »

I remember S&H green stamps!  When I was a child, the Catholic Church in town collected enough books of S & H Green Stamps to redeem for a car, which they then raffled off in a fundraiser.  Looking back, that was a lot of stamp licked!! 

Collect Yours Now

S&H Green Stamps

If you find any laying around, say in the back of a drawer, in a book or something, you might check to see if they are collectible.  Depending on their age and condition, the stamps may have more value as a collectible than their value in trade. $$    Check E Bay
Now that is good to know.  I'll bet my hoarding mama has some.  I need to check.  That could be her retirement.  lol

I remember 'plaid stamps'.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #536 on: February 23, 2012, 09:18:19 AM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLAID-STAMPS-1964-GIFT-CATALOG-RETRO-HOUSEWARES-TOYS-/370470350229

Sorry, forgive me, to taken up space.  Who knew that everything old, never goes away.

Davy Crockett, TV series, is still on the Television, the same exact shows that I watched in the 'cowboy and indian days' 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: February 23, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLAID-STAMPS-1964-GIFT-CATALOG-RETRO-HOUSEWARES-TOYS-/370470350229

Sorry, forgive me, to taken up space.  Who knew that everything old, never goes away.

Davy Crockett, TV series, is still on the Television, the same exact shows that I watched in the 'cowboy and indian days' 

I don't recall plaid stamps, nor Davy Crockett, but it's very cool you can still watch the tv series.   

Some programs I remember were "Wagon Train", "The Beverly Hillbillies", "Dragnet", "I Dream of Jeanie", "Bewitched"  and Hannah Barbera cartoons. 

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #538 on: February 24, 2012, 07:22:00 AM »

Good morning MuffyB.  Saw it was just you and me in the cage.  Just wanted to thank you for all the hard work you do here . . . you're an angel!
 an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #539 on: February 24, 2012, 07:48:57 AM »

Good morning MuffyB.  Saw it was just you and me in the cage.  Just wanted to thank you for all the hard work you do here . . . you're an angel!
 an angelic monkey

Good morning!  sunny
Thank you Sister, and I appreciate all you do!    

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.