March 28, 2024, 10:11:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #59 10/16/11 - 04/23/12  (Read 238402 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #540 on: February 24, 2012, 05:02:02 PM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLAID-STAMPS-1964-GIFT-CATALOG-RETRO-HOUSEWARES-TOYS-/370470350229

Sorry, forgive me, to taken up space.  Who knew that everything old, never goes away.

Davy Crockett, TV series, is still on the Television, the same exact shows that I watched in the 'cowboy and indian days' 

I don't recall plaid stamps, nor Davy Crockett, but it's very cool you can still watch the tv series.   

Some programs I remember were "Wagon Train", "The Beverly Hillbillies", "Dragnet", "I Dream of Jeanie", "Bewitched"  and Hannah Barbera cartoons. 

Hello Monkey's,

Every neighborhood needs a Mrs. Kravitz!
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladys_Kravitz

Muffy, You keep a tight cage with kindness and being diplomatic. Smile

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #541 on: February 24, 2012, 06:38:48 PM »

TY Seahorse

After thinking about some of the trading stamps, depression glass and older tv programs, it got me thinking about old time commercials.  When I was a much younger bee, one of my favorites was "Farfel".  I found this cool website www.tvacres.com "   The place to be....for the Characters, Places & Things on Television" There is a place at the top left that has "site categories". 

http://www.tvacres.com/dogs_puppets_farfel.htm

Puppet Dogs

Farfel - A friendly, floppy-eared hound dog puppet of wooden dummy Danny O'Day who was created and operated by ventriloquist, Jimmy Nelson.

Talking with a sleepy drone, Farfel appeared in a series of Nestlés Quik chocolate commercials from 1953-65 .

After the little jingle of "N-E-S-T-L-E-S, Nestlés tastes the very best," Farfel in an extended yawn delivered the closing line "CH-A-A-A-W-CLIT."

The distinctive snapping shut of Farfel's jaws after saying "CH-A-A-AW-CLIT" initially happened by accident during rehearsals for the Nestle's commercials when Nelson's sweaty hands caused his finger to slip inside the puppet. Luckily, the folks at Nestles liked it and the rest is history.
More...

Any one remember Ipana Toothpaste and "Bucky Beaver" ?
http://www.tvacres.com/adanimals_buckybeaver.htm

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Aurelia7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #542 on: February 24, 2012, 06:50:39 PM »

Hello monkeys!  Does this forum have a random-style thread?  I have an interesting article about Nancy Grace that I'd like to share but I'm not sure where to post it.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #543 on: February 24, 2012, 06:53:59 PM »

Hello monkeys!  Does this forum have a random-style thread?  I have an interesting article about Nancy Grace that I'd like to share but I'm not sure where to post it.

Hi Aurelia7!  This thread right here "Monkey Musings" would qualify as our "random-style thread".  Nothing is off topic in here.  In other words, you can post about anything.     Please post the article about Nancy Grace.  We'd love to see it and of course comment on it. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Aurelia7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #544 on: February 24, 2012, 07:26:38 PM »

Thanks for your help, MB! 

Here's the article:  Why Hasn't Nancy Grace Been Fired?

I know many of you can't stand her, but I happen to like her for the most part.  However, I will admit that there are many, many things she's said in the past that are wrong, therefore I understand all the NG hatred.  For example, in the article I posted above, she says in regards to Whitney Houston's death:  "I'd like to know, who let her slip or pushed her underneath that water."

She really said that?  Unbelievable.  That's a perfect example of why I sometimes do not like NG.  But all in all I respect that she champions hard for victims of crime and that outweighs all the stupid things that come out of her mouth.  Love her or hate her...or perhaps a little of both?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: February 24, 2012, 07:45:32 PM »

I know many of you can't stand her, but I happen to like her for the most part.  However, I will admit that there are many, many things she's said in the past that are wrong, therefore I understand all the NG hatred.  For example, in the article I posted above, she says in regards to Whitney Houston's death:  "I'd like to know, who let her slip or pushed her underneath that water."

She really said that?  Unbelievable.  That's a perfect example of why I sometimes do not like NG.  But all in all I respect that she champions hard for victims of crime and that outweighs all the stupid things that come out of her mouth.  Love her or hate her...or perhaps a little of both?

I'm going with "a little of both", Aurelia.  Sometimes Nancy Grace can be harsh as all get out, and there have been times I've heard her make remarks regarding a case where it was obvious to me she hadn't done her homework.  On the flip side, she does champion hard for victims of crime.  She helps get cases out there in the public eye. 

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #546 on: February 26, 2012, 10:10:16 AM »

Awwwwwwwww.................... Gotta See This One!!     

http://www.dogwork.com/ddsff4/

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: February 26, 2012, 10:28:37 AM »

I'm going with "a little of both", Aurelia.  Sometimes Nancy Grace can be harsh as all get out, and there have been times I've heard her make remarks regarding a case where it was obvious to me she hadn't done her homework.  On the flip side, she does champion hard for victims of crime.  She helps get cases out there in the public eye. 

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #548 on: February 26, 2012, 10:30:33 AM »

http://petnewsandviews.net/2011/07/free-discount-drug-card-for-pets-and-their-humans/

Discount Drug Card for pets.

I believe in miracles!
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #549 on: February 26, 2012, 10:36:09 PM »

Yes, I am humming to song to the "New Ipana Toothpaste"!

Hello to all!

I was on blinkoncrime.com and found Connie to lives in an area where my great, great, great, great grandfather lived who came to America in 1749! Have been hoping to meet someone from the area in which he lived. There are 31 spellings of his last name so I get lost sometimes.

I invited Connie to meet  me here; hope Blink overlooked the O/T on her thread.

Anyone remember the Burma Shave signs?

Talking about westerns, I worked two years on the series, "How the West Was Won", you know the one with Jim Arness. If you have any questions, I will try to answer them.

Hello Connie, are you here yet? Forgot, everyone is probably watching the Oscars. Sorry

Oh, Muffybee and those who remember deceased Donna Jou, the main suspect John Steven Burgess was arrested again, via Donna's father Reza's email. Burgess is back in prison but I can't find out the why's other than it was a felony in South LA

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #550 on: February 26, 2012, 10:47:24 PM »

Many times in the past, scaredmonkeys have emailed Nancy Grace to correct her if she makes mistakes, especially in the years about Natalee and that guy Joran.

Sometimes, her producers will steer her wrong and as she is doing the show she will subtly turn her words around more to the truth.

She sure has helped bring missing and adults into the mainstream press.

I personally, would not like to see her cancelled.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #551 on: February 27, 2012, 05:40:07 AM »

TY Seahorse

After thinking about some of the trading stamps, depression glass and older tv programs, it got me thinking about old time commercials.  When I was a much younger bee, one of my favorites was "Farfel".  I found this cool website www.tvacres.com "   The place to be....for the Characters, Places & Things on Television" There is a place at the top left that has "site categories". 

http://www.tvacres.com/dogs_puppets_farfel.htm

Puppet Dogs

Farfel - A friendly, floppy-eared hound dog puppet of wooden dummy Danny O'Day who was created and operated by ventriloquist, Jimmy Nelson.

Talking with a sleepy drone, Farfel appeared in a series of Nestlés Quik chocolate commercials from 1953-65 .

After the little jingle of "N-E-S-T-L-E-S, Nestlés tastes the very best," Farfel in an extended yawn delivered the closing line "CH-A-A-A-W-CLIT."

The distinctive snapping shut of Farfel's jaws after saying "CH-A-A-AW-CLIT" initially happened by accident during rehearsals for the Nestle's commercials when Nelson's sweaty hands caused his finger to slip inside the puppet. Luckily, the folks at Nestles liked it and the rest is history.
More...

Any one remember Ipana Toothpaste and "Bucky Beaver" ?
http://www.tvacres.coTV Character Bios: A-Z List m/adanimals_buckybeaver.htm

Hello Monkey's,

http://www.tvacres.com/char.htm
Muffy, Thank-you for the link

Love "you rang"  (needs audio)

http://www.tvacres.com/char_lurch_butler.htm

I do remember Bucky Beaver..

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #552 on: February 27, 2012, 06:01:02 AM »

Hello to all!

I was on blinkoncrime.com and found Connie to lives in an area where my great, great, great, great grandfather lived who came to America in 1749! Have been hoping to meet someone from the area in which he lived. There are 31 spellings of his last name so I get lost sometimes.

Talking about westerns, I worked two years on the series, "How the West Was Won", you know the one with Jim Arness. If you have any questions, I will try to answer them.

Hello Connie, are you here yet? Forgot, everyone is probably watching the Oscars. Sorry

Oh, Muffybee and those who remember deceased Donna Jou, the main suspect John Steven Burgess was arrested again, via Donna's father Reza's email. Burgess is back in prison but I can't find out the why's other than it was a felony in South LA

IBE

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #553 on: February 27, 2012, 06:08:37 AM »

Hello to all!

IBE

GIBE,

Thank-you for generously offering to answer any questions about How The West Was Won. 

Did Jim Arness have a custom-made movie Trailer?  He was the tallest actor, I can ever remember.
He must have had every custom made for his height.  Thank-you. 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #554 on: February 27, 2012, 08:35:30 AM »

Hey ya' IBE!     Thanks for the update about the arrest of John Steven Burgess on a felony charge.  I wonder what he's done now?  I'm glad he's back behind bars.  I continue to hold hope their will be justice for Donna Jou and her family. Here's a link to Donna Jou's thread for those that may not be familiar with the case.  It's heartbreaking.  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=1337.0

I don't remember Burma Shave signs, but I've heard and read about them.  Does anyone remember "Stuckey's"?  They were a roadside store, and they had pecan rolls and such.  My family would stop there to use the potty on road trips, but we never bought anything.  It was still neat to go in and look at the stuff, including little toys and gifts.  There's an old Stuckey's in north/central Texas but the building has been vacant for years.  They have a website www.stuckeys.com, but I couldn't get it to load.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuckey%27s 
The company at its peak had over 350 locations, which dwindled to fewer than 75 after a decline in the late 1970s under ownership by Pet. It was repurchased by former Congressman W.S. Stuckey, Jr., in 1985. It currently has over 200 franchise stores in 19 states.[5]

It's very cool you worked on the series "How the West was Won"!!     I liked that show! 

I hope "Connie" finds her way on over here, IBE.  We'll be sure to give her a big monkey welcome.   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #555 on: February 27, 2012, 08:39:54 AM »

Oh yeah Seahorse, I remember Lurch and "you rang"   

Do you remember Mr. Ed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_PZPpWTRTU
Mr. Ed - Intro (Opening Theme)
Uploaded by PsychoDad1860 on Feb 16, 2008

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #556 on: February 27, 2012, 09:23:20 AM »

Oh yeah Seahorse, I remember Lurch and "you rang"   

Do you remember Mr. Ed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_PZPpWTRTU
Mr. Ed - Intro (Opening Theme)
Uploaded by PsychoDad1860 on Feb 16, 2008

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #557 on: February 27, 2012, 09:26:45 AM »

Hey ya' IBE!     Thanks for the update about the arrest of John Steven Burgess on a felony charge.  I wonder what he's done now?  I'm glad he's back behind bars.  I continue to hold hope their will be justice for Donna Jou and her family. Here's a link to Donna Jou's thread for those that may not be familiar with the case.  It's heartbreaking.  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=1337.0

I don't remember Burma Shave signs, but I've heard and read about them.  Does anyone remember "Stuckey's"?  They were a roadside store, and they had pecan rolls and such.  My family would stop there to use the potty on road trips, but we never bought anything.  It was still neat to go in and look at the stuff, including little toys and gifts.  There's an old Stuckey's in north/central Texas but the building has been vacant for years.  They have a website www.stuckeys.com, but I couldn't get it to load.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuckey%27s 
The company at its peak had over 350 locations, which dwindled to fewer than 75 after a decline in the late 1970s under ownership by Pet. It was repurchased by former Congressman W.S. Stuckey, Jr., in 1985. It currently has over 200 franchise stores in 19 states.[5]

It's very cool you worked on the series "How the West was Won"!!     I liked that show! 

I hope "Connie" finds her way on over here, IBE.  We'll be sure to give her a big monkey welcome.   

Please light a candle and say a prayer for Donna Jou and her family.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=D%20Jou

I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #558 on: February 27, 2012, 10:59:20 AM »

I remember when "Space Food Sticks" came out.  Anyone else remember these?

http://www.spacefoodsticks.com/history.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPZ8HHRR1A0
Space Food Sticks TV Commercial
Uploaded by retromail on Oct 6, 2006
More info at Spacefoodsticks.com. Order at FunkyFoodShop.com

And that led me to the oldtimecandy site.  Mmmm!!!  Candy!!!!    Sweets!!  

http://www.oldtimecandy.com

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: February 27, 2012, 01:57:57 PM »

just my 2 cents on Nancy Grace..I think that her heart is in the right place and that she does more good than harm...jmo...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.