March 28, 2024, 04:02:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #59 10/16/11 - 04/23/12  (Read 238437 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #560 on: February 27, 2012, 02:51:30 PM »

Oh yeah Seahorse, I remember Lurch and "you rang"   

Do you remember Mr. Ed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_PZPpWTRTU
Mr. Ed - Intro (Opening Theme)
Uploaded by PsychoDad1860 on Feb 16, 2008

Hello Monkey's,

Muffy, Thank-you for the theme song.  I also saw a photo of Captain Kangaroo on the link you gave.
Mr. Ed was a favorite of mine. 

http://www.funtrivia.com/en/subtopics/Mr-Ed-is-a-Horse-of-Course-229717.html

When did Ed go on a boat?

Wilbur and Carol's anniversary. On Wilbur and Carol's anniversary, Ed sneaked on the boat and went with them. Smile

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #561 on: February 28, 2012, 12:35:51 AM »

Yes, I am humming to song to the "New Ipana Toothpaste"!

Hello to all!

I was on blinkoncrime.com and found Connie to lives in an area where my great, great, great, great grandfather lived who came to America in 1749! Have been hoping to meet someone from the area in which he lived. There are 31 spellings of his last name so I get lost sometimes.

I invited Connie to meet  me here; hope Blink overlooked the O/T on her thread.

Anyone remember the Burma Shave signs?

Talking about westerns, I worked two years on the series, "How the West Was Won", you know the one with Jim Arness. If you have any questions, I will try to answer them.

Hello Connie, are you here yet? Forgot, everyone is probably watching the Oscars. Sorry

Oh, Muffybee and those who remember deceased Donna Jou, the main suspect John Steven Burgess was arrested again, via Donna's father Reza's email. Burgess is back in prison but I can't find out the why's other than it was a felony in South LA

IBE

GIBE,

Thank-you for generously offering to answer any questions about How The West Was Won. 

Did Jim Arness have a custom-made movie Trailer?  He was the tallest actor, I can ever remember.
He must have had every custom made for his height.  Thank-you. 

I will have to think about that. Was never invited in ((smiles)) You know, I am not  sure he had one. I do remember his name on the door of one of the dressing rooms of the honey wagon. I don't remember any special trailers on that series except for my schoolroom. Will get back to you on that one.

Thanks for asking. You can tell when his stunt man who was taller than he, is riding the range for him, the stuntman wears his hat lower.

One time Mr. Arness had a scene where he was to ride into town on a horse and say "We're here." Naturally we were having a school break (heh heh). They put him on a ladder, gave him the reins. He went up and down as if he was on horse, gave the line and that was it for that scene! It was a riot. He was a real professional, equally nice to everyone.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #562 on: February 28, 2012, 12:45:23 AM »

In the article about Nancy Grace, he says there are more white girls on the show than black or something like that. I have been watching her forever and think she was the only  one in cable or main street media who started talking, finding and gearing up hope for black missing exploited adults and children.

Get back with you later. Love, IBE

I want a Stuckeys malt. Thick I spelled it incorrectly. It sure tasted good. Of course you had to take some for the road and take some home.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #563 on: February 28, 2012, 08:40:44 AM »

http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/cast-announcement?cid=fb_dwts_castannounce

Dancing with the Stars - 2012 Cast Announcement for Season 14

The spectacular celebrity cast for the new season of "Dancing with the Stars" for Season 14 will be announced on February 28th during "Good Morning America." Be sure to return here to see who will be a part of the season and pick your favorites!

::snipping2::

The stars, the drama, the glamour and the glitter are back on ABC! "Dancing with the Stars returns for Season 14 on MONDAY, MARCH 19 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET) with a sensational two-hour season premiere, then on TUESDAY, MARCH 27, with the premiere of "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show" (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET).

« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 08:43:09 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #564 on: February 28, 2012, 10:09:58 AM »

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/02/28/dancing-with-the-stars-cast-announced/

New ‘Dancing with the Stars’ Cast Announced

Here are the 11 stars and their professional partners:

Former child star Melissa Gilbert, Partner: Maksim Chmerkovskiy

“Family Matters” star Jaleel White, Partner: Kym Johnson

Tennis Legend Martina Navratilova, Partner: Tony Dovolani

Soap star Jack Wagner, Partner: Anna Trebunskaya

NFL star Donald Driver of the Green Bay Packers, Partner: Peta Murgatroyd

“View” co-host Sherri Shepherd, Partner: Val Chmerkovskiy

Singer Gavin DeGraw, Partner: Karina Smirnoff

The Disney Channel’s Roshon Fegan, Partner: Chelsie Hightower

“Extra” co-host Maria Menounos, Partner: Derek Hough

Music legend Gladys Knight, Partner: Tristan MacManus

Singer Katherine Jenkins, Partner: Mark Ballas

Cuban actor and model William Levy, Partner: Cheryl Burke

I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #565 on: February 28, 2012, 10:23:31 AM »

Thank you Bearly!!  I think many of us have been waiting for news of the cast for Season 14, even before we finished with Season 13.     Of course, there were some leaked along the way... 

For those that may not be aware, please join us at Scared Monkeys in the DWTS Season 14 thread.  We had a blast last season as we watched DWTS Season 13, commenting and keep up with news.  It was fun watching DWTS together. 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12405.0
Dancing with the Stars - Season 14

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #566 on: February 28, 2012, 10:25:49 AM »

Thank you Bearly!!  I think many of us have been waiting for news of the cast for Season 14, even before we finished with Season 13.     Of course, there were some leaked along the way... 

For those that may not be aware, please join us at Scared Monkeys in the DWTS Season 14 thread.  We had a blast last season as we watched DWTS Season 13, commenting and keep up with news.  It was fun watching DWTS together. 

I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #567 on: February 28, 2012, 10:27:57 AM »

Hey ya' Bearly!!    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #568 on: February 28, 2012, 10:34:50 AM »

can't wait for the season to begin!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #569 on: February 28, 2012, 10:35:43 AM »

Hey ya' Bearly!!    

Hey, Muffers!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #570 on: February 28, 2012, 10:36:58 AM »

I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #571 on: February 28, 2012, 11:00:19 AM »

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #572 on: February 28, 2012, 05:35:59 PM »

Yes, I am humming to song to the "New Ipana Toothpaste"!

Hello to all!

I was on blinkoncrime.com and found Connie to lives in an area where my great, great, great, great grandfather lived who came to America in 1749! Have been hoping to meet someone from the area in which he lived. There are 31 spellings of his last name so I get lost sometimes.

I invited Connie to meet  me here; hope Blink overlooked the O/T on her thread.

Anyone remember the Burma Shave signs?

Talking about westerns, I worked two years on the series, "How the West Was Won", you know the one with Jim Arness. If you have any questions, I will try to answer them.

Hello Connie, are you here yet? Forgot, everyone is probably watching the Oscars. Sorry

Oh, Muffybee and those who remember deceased Donna Jou, the main suspect John Steven Burgess was arrested again, via Donna's father Reza's email. Burgess is back in prison but I can't find out the why's other than it was a felony in South LA

IBE

GIBE,

Thank-you for generously offering to answer any questions about How The West Was Won. 

Did Jim Arness have a custom-made movie Trailer?  He was the tallest actor, I can ever remember.
He must have had every custom made for his height.  Thank-you. 

I will have to think about that. Was never invited in ((smiles)) You know, I am not  sure he had one. I do remember his name on the door of one of the dressing rooms of the honey wagon. I don't remember any special trailers on that series except for my schoolroom. Will get back to you on that one.

Thanks for asking. You can tell when his stunt man who was taller than he, is riding the range for him, the stuntman wears his hat lower.

One time Mr. Arness had a scene where he was to ride into town on a horse and say "We're here." Naturally we were having a school break (heh heh). They put him on a ladder, gave him the reins. He went up and down as if he was on horse, gave the line and that was it for that scene! It was a riot. He was a real professional, equally nice to everyone.

IBE  I like your Easter Bonnet Smile  I am going back to wearing hat's.

That is an interesting technique, funny. It was more efficient to use the ladder and reins, and cheaper than a horse.

You know now that I think about it, I do remember J.A. being airborn with reins, and no visual horse.
 I think that technique was used more than once, or my memory must remember that same scene, you reference to.

Thank-you.

He was a Hunk Monkey Devil!

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #573 on: February 28, 2012, 05:40:54 PM »

Hey ya' Bearly!!    

I love football players Smile I will look forward to DWTS. 

A friend said C.T. (Dallas) was tentively, going to be on the program.
I wonder if he was confused with Dancing on Ice?   

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #574 on: February 28, 2012, 11:09:02 PM »

I went AWOL friends for a while &  wanted to say hi again & let u know why...
I have not felt well since Dec. with strep throat, upper resp. infection, & u name it.
One thing after another until 2/12, when it hit me.

Hubby took me to the hospital with high fever, 68% oxygen level, and inability to breathe !

After many days, I am home recooperating on home oxygen, meds., etc.
I c the Dr. mid March so we shall c.
Prayers please !

This is the result of a lung infection. My resistance is zilcho this year.
LOL "wanna visit me," ???  Dr. said to put a mask on !

I luv & miss u all !

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #575 on: February 29, 2012, 12:26:57 AM »

I have not felt well since Dec. with strep throat, upper resp. infection, & u name it.

Hubby took me to the hospital with high fever, 68% oxygen level, and inability to breathe !

Prayers please !

I luv & miss u all !

(((HUGS))) LEP, please take care of yourself and get well soon!   

I will keep you in my prayers.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #576 on: February 29, 2012, 03:24:32 AM »

Prayers please !

I luv & miss u all !

Wow, LEP!  I hope you get fixed up right away.  You were missed.  Prayers coming your way!

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #577 on: February 29, 2012, 09:26:45 AM »

Prayers please !

I luv & miss u all !

LEP - OMG, glad you are back home!  Do everything the doctor tells you to do!  Respiratory failure is nothing to fool around with as I'm sure you know!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #578 on: February 29, 2012, 09:30:40 AM »

LEP..feel better soon! you were missed!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #579 on: February 29, 2012, 09:32:52 AM »

After many days, I am home recooperating
Prayers please !

I luv & miss u all !

Get well soon-er LEP!!!  We've missed you!   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.