March 29, 2024, 01:50:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #59 10/16/11 - 04/23/12  (Read 238484 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #640 on: March 02, 2012, 06:17:48 PM »

I just talked to my brother.  Merrysville is 10 miles west of him.  He said it wiped it out except for the only church in the community.  He was lucky this time cause he lives in a mobile home.  He didn't leave work and go home because of that.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #641 on: March 02, 2012, 06:35:04 PM »

okay....checking out....tornado warning.....heading my way just as you said Blue Moon.....thanks for the heads up.....see you all a bit later.....Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #642 on: March 02, 2012, 06:37:02 PM »

okay....checking out....tornado warning.....heading my way just as you said Blue Moon.....thanks for the heads up.....see you all a bit later.....Mere

Be safe and check back in when it is over.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
crazybabyborg
« Reply #643 on: March 02, 2012, 06:45:55 PM »

CBB, keep your eye out, you are in the "9" zone also.

I know, Blue Moon, but thanks for keeping an eye out for me! Glad you're home safe! They've increased the watch to 11:00pm. That's 4.5 hours. Long night ahead......

Mere............ you OK?

They called school out and I had to go pick up the 3 yr old (he had a birthday last week-end!) We went by my son's to feed his dog and let him out, but it was ok. The clearing lasted until we got home. Now there's thunder and it's almost dark. The only thing worse than this kind of weather is this kind of weather in the dark. I admit............ I'm skeeered of this kind of thing.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #644 on: March 02, 2012, 06:52:30 PM »

I know, Blue Moon, but thanks for keeping an eye out for me! Glad you're home safe! They've increased the watch to 11:00pm. That's 4.5 hours. Long night ahead......

Mere............ you OK?

They called school out and I had to go pick up the 3 yr old (he had a birthday last week-end!) We went by my son's to feed his dog and let him out, but it was ok. The clearing lasted until we got home. Now there's thunder and it's almost dark. The only thing worse than this kind of weather is this kind of weather in the dark. I admit............ I'm skeeered of this kind of thing.

If it is any consolation they said with the darkness comes less intensity of the storms.  Hopefully they will die out some before they get to you.  It has been a wild day.  Stay safe and I will be thinking of you.  Let us know how it's going.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #645 on: March 02, 2012, 06:53:41 PM »

It's past high time I put up the St. Pat's Day thread and it will give me something to do with my nerves! I'll be over in the lounge for a bit but will check back in here!     
crazybabyborg
« Reply #646 on: March 02, 2012, 06:54:23 PM »

Mere............ you OK?

If it is any consolation they said with the darkness comes less intensity of the storms.  Hopefully they will die out some before they get to you.  It has been a wild day.  Stay safe and I will be thinking of you.  Let us know how it's going.

You too, Blue Moon!!   
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #647 on: March 02, 2012, 06:59:29 PM »

All of you be safe.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #648 on: March 02, 2012, 07:23:09 PM »

Power flickering............. I HATE THIS!! I'm going to shut this computer down. I HATE THIS!!!

BE SAFE ALL! YOU'RE IN MY PRAYERS! I'LL BE BACK ASAP!
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #649 on: March 02, 2012, 07:24:45 PM »

Sending prayers that all monkeys in the storm areas will be safe.  Found a news report that West Liberty has been hit hard and according to the map I found that is way too close to my monkey friend Mere.  She is off line now so hope that means she is safely tucked away in her basement.  Blue Moon and CBB thinking of you also, and will be watching to see all of you check in after the worst has passed.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #650 on: March 02, 2012, 07:30:54 PM »

Sending prayers that all monkeys in the storm areas will be safe.  Found a news report that West Liberty has been hit hard and according to the map I found that is way too close to my monkey friend Mere.  She is off line now so hope that means she is safely tucked away in her basement.  Blue Moon and CBB thinking of you also, and will be watching to see all of you check in after the worst has passed.

Tib, thanks so much.  I am out of the woods.  I think Mere is just now going through it.  I have never seen storms pass through so fast.  The last one that came through hit and moved on so fast they clocked the winds at 75mph.  That's fast.  We had at least all 4 directions with storms coming on the heels of each other.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #651 on: March 02, 2012, 07:43:20 PM »

Tib, thanks so much.  I am out of the woods.  I think Mere is just now going through it.  I have never seen storms pass through so fast.  The last one that came through hit and moved on so fast they clocked the winds at 75mph.  That's fast.  We had at least all 4 directions with storms coming on the heels of each other.

You are right Tib, West Liberty was hard hit.  I hadn't heard that until just now, the governor of Kentucky was on the weather channel and said it was hard hit.  I see Mere is really going through it right now.  I hope CBB doesn't get it but it it looking like she will.

I wonder if any Alabama monkeys had any of this early this morning.  I know it hit around Huntsville and northern Alabama.  Will keep them in my thoughts.

That town in Indiana that was wiped out is so horrific. My brother said the church is the only thing standing.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #652 on: March 02, 2012, 07:43:33 PM »

Good to hear from you Blue Moon.  I am sure Mere will be OK, and now I see CBB has possibly lost power.  Will keep checking until they let us know all is well.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #653 on: March 02, 2012, 07:49:54 PM »

Hi monkeys.....I am sitting here in the basement and can hear thunder and maybe hail.  Just cant believe that the aircard is working here....lol

The basement is built with very thick walls....and is an unfinished basement.  I am sitting on an upside down seafood pot...for boiling crabs and shrimp and crawfish.  My "desk" is an upside down igloo.

I haven't been down here for a while....need to plan a garage sale...!

Hugs to you for keeping me sane today.

Hi Tib

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #654 on: March 02, 2012, 07:54:52 PM »

We get some very bad storms here but nothing to equal your tornadoes.  I would be petrified to have one heading my way.

Mere sent me a link to the UK Daily Mail report and pictures of the damage around Harrisburg, Illinois.  Mind blowing.  And a big old church in Ridgway demolished and only the foyer part left standing.  The most frightening picture was of the zig zag path the storm took through the streets of the town.  Prayers for all those affected.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #655 on: March 02, 2012, 07:57:53 PM »

Hi Mere good to see you posting.  Yes the air card does work from your basement and I would be moving a more comfortable seat down there.   Hugs girlfriend.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #656 on: March 02, 2012, 08:07:43 PM »

Hi monkeys.....I am sitting here in the basement and can hear thunder and maybe hail.  Just cant believe that the aircard is working here....lol

The basement is built with very thick walls....and is an unfinished basement.  I am sitting on an upside down seafood pot...for boiling crabs and shrimp and crawfish.  My "desk" is an upside down igloo.

Hi Tib

Mere, at least you have a basement.  All I have is the bathroom and closet.  You cannot depend on our weatherman to get it right.  Today, when the last storm came through, the winds got up really high and past through so fast it was over almost after it began.  Well they issued a tornado warning and the sirens go off immediately AFTER the storm had passed.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #657 on: March 02, 2012, 08:16:20 PM »

Hi Tib

Maybe you need to put a comfortable chair down there?  Or at least a mattress.  Stay safe!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: March 02, 2012, 08:17:29 PM »

Power flickering............. I HATE THIS!! I'm going to shut this computer down. I HATE THIS!!!

BE SAFE ALL! YOU'RE IN MY PRAYERS! I'LL BE BACK ASAP!

Stay safe CBB
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #659 on: March 02, 2012, 08:24:12 PM »

Hi friends....I am back upstairs....I think the man just said there were 78 tornadoes today...wow.

There is some damage here according to a few phone calls....but think I will wait until I see it sometime tomorrow.  Not anything like Indiana had....that is awful.  Search and rescue is
happening now.

Will check back soon.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.