April 16, 2024, 01:14:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #59 10/16/11 - 04/23/12  (Read 238786 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #680 on: March 03, 2012, 12:10:14 AM »

When I talked to my brother in Indiana he asked me if I knew where our older brother was.  I said NO I don't.  He said he is on his way to Townsend (Smokies) and I said "He is frigging crazy?  He is driving right into these storms"  Well he called me about an hour ago and I asked him if he had lost his mind.  He said they made it o.k. but it was really storming there.  Some in my family are just not right!  Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Blue Moon? My idiot son is IN Gatlinburg as I type! I texted him when I saw the tornado warning for Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, and he sent me back a picture of a parade!!! 
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #681 on: March 03, 2012, 12:12:47 AM »

When I talked to my brother in Indiana he asked me if I knew where our older brother was.  I said NO I don't.  He said he is on his way to Townsend (Smokies) and I said "He is frigging crazy?  He is driving right into these storms"  Well he called me about an hour ago and I asked him if he had lost his mind.  He said they made it o.k. but it was really storming there.  Some in my family are just not right!  Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Blue Moon? My idiot son is IN Gatlinburg as I type! I texted him when I saw the tornado warning for Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, and he sent me back a picture of a parade!!! 

My brother told me Townsend was o.k. but they had just put out tornado warnings for Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.  Can you imagine a tornado getting caught in between those mountains?  I would think it would not be pretty.  Men, I just do not understand them.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
crazybabyborg
« Reply #682 on: March 03, 2012, 12:13:59 AM »

I'm here............. I just can't do this again. Honestly, I've developed a real fear of storms, and I HATE THEM!!

Is everyone OK?? 

It looks like it's mostly over....THANK GOD!!! I've been in that little bathroom for a long time with a shivering, terrified dog and a 3 year old. The room just kept getting smaller and smaller. Lights went out and I had a candle and a cell phone. John's Dad has been in the hospital for 3 weeks and he's staying with him tonight, but I had him on the cell phone for most of it.

I feel like I've run a marathon!!   

I am so glad you checked in before I went to bed.  I was worried.  I know what you mean.  I hate night storms.  I feel so isolated and alone.  I am scared of storms anymore also.  I feel like I have been drug through the mill and back!  Did you have tornadoes?

There were reports of one near Gate City, but to be honest, Blue Moon, I just came out of the trenches and the power just came back on, so I'm not really sure! It hailed and the lightning and thunder was AWFUL!

At one point, Ku suddenly growled, jumped up, got at the door and barked/growled her head off. I just knew she could hear a tornado coming, but the storm just got louder!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #683 on: March 03, 2012, 12:15:24 AM »

I'm here............. I just can't do this again. Honestly, I've developed a real fear of storms, and I HATE THEM!!

Is everyone OK?? 

It looks like it's mostly over....THANK GOD!!! I've been in that little bathroom for a long time with a shivering, terrified dog and a 3 year old. The room just kept getting smaller and smaller. Lights went out and I had a candle and a cell phone. John's Dad has been in the hospital for 3 weeks and he's staying with him tonight, but I had him on the cell phone for most of it.

OH CBB I am so glad you are alright. I was getting ready to turn off the computer for the night and thought I would check one last time.  I don't blame any of you for hating these storms.  I can hardly handle having the doors closed when I am at the doctors. Without getting anxious.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #684 on: March 03, 2012, 12:16:26 AM »

My brother told me Townsend was o.k. but they had just put out tornado warnings for Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.  Can you imagine a tornado getting caught in between those mountains?  I would think it would not be pretty.  Men, I just do not understand them.

Can you imagine the echo of the thunder there if nothing else! It's bad where I am and I just have mountains on one side!! It really intensifies the sound and it rolls forever!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #685 on: March 03, 2012, 12:16:53 AM »

Is everyone OK?? 

I am so glad you checked in before I went to bed.  I was worried.  I know what you mean.  I hate night storms.  I feel so isolated and alone.  I am scared of storms anymore also.  I feel like I have been drug through the mill and back!  Did you have tornadoes?

There were reports of one near Gate City, but to be honest, Blue Moon, I just came out of the trenches and the power just came back on, so I'm not really sure! It hailed and the lightning and thunder was AWFUL!

At one point, Ku suddenly growled, jumped up, got at the door and barked/growled her head off. I just knew she could hear a tornado coming, but the storm just got louder!

Animals have a sense about storms.  Sounds like you had a good also.  Is Ku  going better?  How did the 3 year old do?  They usually get scared and start crying.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
crazybabyborg
« Reply #686 on: March 03, 2012, 12:17:36 AM »

Is everyone OK?? 

OH CBB I am so glad you are alright. I was getting ready to turn off the computer for the night and thought I would check one last time.  I don't blame any of you for hating these storms.  I can hardly handle having the doors closed when I am at the doctors. Without getting anxious.

Hi hon!! Thanks for worrying about us, GE! I swear it helps to know you aren't alone!!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #687 on: March 03, 2012, 12:20:01 AM »

Is everyone OK?? 

Animals have a sense about storms.  Sounds like you had a good also.  Is Ku  going better?  How did the 3 year old do?  They usually get scared and start crying.

He was actually really good. We sang songs....... me with a wobbely voice!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #688 on: March 03, 2012, 12:22:23 AM »

28 dead total so far, 12 dead in Kentucky alone.  Over 200 injured in Kentucky.  More expected to be added to these totals in the next day or so.  13 tornadoes confirmed so far in Kentucky.  Wow, just wow.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #689 on: March 03, 2012, 12:27:53 AM »

Checking back to see how my monkey friends are doing with those horrific storms.

Glad to see CBB has checked in.

Continuing prayers for all affected and hoping there are no more tragic reports added in the morning.

Try to get some rest as you must all be exhausted.

God bless.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: March 03, 2012, 12:28:15 AM »

Is everyone checking in? 

I see BlueMoon, CBB, Mere are ok, how about our Alabama monkeys?  Horrible storms, must be a record.  So many have lost so much 
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #691 on: March 03, 2012, 12:29:34 AM »

Is everyone checking in? 

I see BlueMoon, CBB, Mere are ok, how about our Alabama monkeys?  Horrible storms, must be a record.  So many have lost so much 

I haven't seen anyone from Alabama check in.  Hope they are all o.k. also. 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #692 on: March 03, 2012, 12:29:38 AM »

28 dead total so far, 12 dead in Kentucky alone.  Over 200 injured in Kentucky.  More expected to be added to these totals in the next day or so.  13 tornadoes confirmed so far in Kentucky.  Wow, just wow.

That's such a tragedy. And you know they died feeling helpless and scared, just the way we were feeling. My heart goes out to all who lost their lives and to all who lost loved ones.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #693 on: March 03, 2012, 12:31:37 AM »

That's such a tragedy. And you know they died feeling helpless and scared, just the way we were feeling. My heart goes out to all who lost their lives and to all who lost loved ones.

They just talked to emergency services here in Kentucky and the man said for no one to try to check on their loved ones as areas affected is scattered with debris and roads are blocked.  I know he is right but I would move heaven and earth to get to my family if they were affected by this.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #694 on: March 03, 2012, 12:31:39 AM »

Is everyone checking in? 

Alabama was hit hard. Help me Klaas............ who all are we looking for? I'm not thinking straight yet.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #695 on: March 03, 2012, 12:33:03 AM »

Is everyone checking in? 

Alabama was hit hard. Help me Klaas............ who all are we looking for? I'm not thinking straight yet.

Anna? Magnolia?

crazybabyborg
« Reply #696 on: March 03, 2012, 12:35:19 AM »

Is everyone checking in? 

Anna? Magnolia?

Right............. thanks, Blue Moon!!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #697 on: March 03, 2012, 12:37:26 AM »

The Alabama Monkeys that have checked in that I know of are Caddy, 4Donks. Don't know about Monken haven't seen her on lately and Trimm she hasn't been on since Feb. 21. Prayers for all those that are in these storms paths where ever they are.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #698 on: March 03, 2012, 12:39:01 AM »

Is everyone checking in? 

Anna? Magnolia?

I forgot Anna & Magnolia an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #699 on: March 03, 2012, 12:40:00 AM »

Is everyone checking in? 

CBB, I'm not even sure.  I don't know where alot of people live any more.  I think Anna still lives in Alabama.  I do know that a very high percentage of our members live somewhere in the southern states or mid west and these storms covered a wide area.   I just pray everyone is ok.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.