March 28, 2024, 01:46:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #59 10/16/11 - 04/23/12  (Read 238418 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #720 on: March 03, 2012, 07:24:08 PM »

Thanks for all the prayers and concern!  I'm fine and no storm damage to speak of.

We did lose power for about 5 hours or so but just some really scary wind and rain. 

Most people here are remembering April 27 of last year when 250+ lost their lives in Alabama alone especially in the Tuscaloosa area.  It was nothing so bad as that and I hope to never see that again.

Again, thank all!

Anna, glad to hear from you.  Good to see all is well with you.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #721 on: March 03, 2012, 07:27:41 PM »

Thanks, Blue Moon.  The same to hear you are also OK and Mere is too and all the monkeys who have checked in so far.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
crazybabyborg
« Reply #722 on: March 03, 2012, 09:15:26 PM »

Oh, it's so good to see everyone checking in! Magnolia and Anna are checked off the roster!   

Blue Moon.......... hats off to your busy day! That was exactly my intention today and the house needs the attention in the worst way, but.............

I picked up all the broken limbs in my yard and drug them to the road with the "help" of the 3 year old, went to feed my son's dog and picked up some of the limbs in his yard, and when I got home, it was time for his nap. The house was quiet, my bed was unmade, so I just caved and crawled in. 

"We" slept for almost 4 hours and Ku curled up at my feet and joined us. Last night took a lot out of all of us!   

I've put laundry in and turned on the dishwasher. Hopefully I will get dishes and clothes put away tonight, but the floors and bathrooms are going to have to wait until tomorrow with sheet changing and dusting as a "work in". Boy, do I wish I was Samantha and could just wiggle my nose!!

Somebody asked about KuBear, so let me give an update. She's doing just fine! I'm amazed and know that the Vet would be shocked to know she's still with us. I think I mentioned that John did some research online and got her some immunity regulators to be given twice daily. I do that and give the pills to her with a healthy portion of chicken or beef. Everything that we read emphasized that dog's natural diet is almost exclusively protein...... period. It made sense to us to give her what her body requires, so even though she has a good dog food available to eat at will, she gets meat twice a day. Whether it's the meat, the pills, or just plain dumb luck, I don't know, but she's doing fine. I remember opening the first bag of pills and thinking she wouldn't make it through the bag, but I opened the 4th bag yesterday!

The surgeries and age have taken a toll. Her climb up stairs is slowed and her jump up to my bed is hesitant. Her back legs have developed some arthritis at the surgical sites, which would be expected. The stairs and jumping are the only areas I see a difference in her. She runs as well as ever and is frisky with her toys and me! I'm thinking about starting her on some glucosamin for dogs to see if that helps her.  As long as a pill is wrapped in chicken or beef, taking a pill is no problem! 

I don't want to jinx anything. I know nothing changes her diagnosis. She has stage 3 cancer and I check her every morning for another growth. I'm just grateful for every day that nothing pops up and she remains happy and demanding and giving....... "KuBear".

Thanks for caring and asking, monkeys! You guys have a like heart for your furbabies and I know you understand. I don't trust people who can't love a dog, but monkeys are in a class all their own when it comes to the capacity of their hearts!   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #723 on: March 03, 2012, 09:29:22 PM »

I'm so glad that Kubear is doing well CBB, thanks for sharing!   

Big hugs for you, Kubear, and John for his research!  (((HUGS)))

I've had a couple recent scares with my Sheltie's, both were false alarms thank goodness. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #724 on: March 04, 2012, 09:20:11 AM »

CBB, my dog just had surgery to remove a big cyst on her leg.  From what the vet said he had to cut through three layers of skin.  He sent it out for testing and hopefully will get back this week.  He gave us some pain pills for my dog.  She is difficult when we try to give her the pills but recently because she now has to take other pills daily we found out these pill pockets are a great help to us.

Here is a picture of my dog after her surgery when she got home on Friday.  Believe it or not she is actually doing really well and running around and we have to stop her and make her slow down.  I guess having three other dogs with her keeps her young.

When she came home on Friday my other dogs were with my sister and by the time I got home from work I didn't realize they didn't see her yet.  So when I heard them near the door I opened the door to let them in and they saw Angelina standing there with the cone around he neck.  They stopped dead in their tracks as if to say what they heck happened.   They started sniffing and of course the one dog who has the personality of her own looks at Angelina and sticks her head right in the cone 

Here is Ruby and you can tell she is bad.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #725 on: March 04, 2012, 09:50:04 AM »

My vet calls Pill Pockets "crack for dogs" because they like them so much!  One of my little yorkies "Bitsy" was diagnosed with meningitis and needs to take pills several times a day for the forseeable future and we've been using the pill pockets with great success.   I've rolled the pills in strips of low fat cheese slices before and she can sometimes figure out the pills inside, but she likes the pill pockets so much she just gobbles it up.  No problemo!   

I hope Angelina recovers from her surgery and the tests come back negative, San.

Hugs for CBB, San and all who have fur babies in need of healing. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #726 on: March 04, 2012, 10:46:58 AM »

Both of my dogs turn up their noses at Pill Pockets.  They really prefer receiving their pills wrapped in a freshly bbq piece of NY Steak.   Monkey Devil! 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #727 on: March 04, 2012, 11:31:26 AM »

Both of my dogs turn up their noses at Pill Pockets.  They really prefer receiving their pills wrapped in a freshly bbq piece of NY Steak.   Monkey Devil! 

If you're gonna spoil them (and we all do, I think) then spoil them well!!!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #728 on: March 04, 2012, 12:28:02 PM »

Ha ha ! steak??!  Does tube steak count? I use a cut up hot dog and make a slice in the section and put the pill down in the slice so it is enveloped by the "tube steak".  Sometimes the little boogers eat the hot dog meat and spit the pill out on the floor! Monkey Devil!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #729 on: March 04, 2012, 01:36:35 PM »

Thanks, Texasmom and I'm so glad that it was just false alarms with your Shelties! I was adding to the list of St. Pat's avis the other day and admiring your babies. The one on the left looks so much like the sheltie I had for 13 years and I loved her dearly! I'm sure the two of them work together to make life interesting and fun for you!!

Texasmom's Babies: -------}     

San!! OMG! Ruby has mischief eeking out of her!   Monkey Devil! One look and you know she's full of it! That picture makes me want to wool her (like she needs any encouragement). Awwww, both of them are just beautiful! I'm glad your puppy patient is doing well and I know that having the company of the other dogs helps the healing! Let us know what the tests show, but a cyst is prolly nothing to worry about. Oh, don't you just hate those cones? KuBear is really intolerant of them and she bounces off walls in them! It's a real nightmare for me, not knowing whether to risk her tearing out the stitches or risk her knocking herself out cold!     I love her, but ummmm......... let's just say she needs all the brain cells she can get so I usually take the stitch risk as soon as I can. 

I keep Pill Pockets and they usually help, but she's always been a finicky eater so she doesn't just swallow anything whole. I use them if I'm out of meat and giving her eggs instead. She's a master at chewing and chewing and spitting out a pill. It's no problem with chicken or beef. I buy the rotisserie chicken at the grocery store and tear a piece of skin off to wrap a pill in before I start feeding her the meat. She's learned that until she eats that, I'll keep picking up the pill off the floor and give her more skin with it and that's all she gets until she swallows it. She loves the meat, so she just gets the pill out of the way and starts drooling in anticipation.    Beef is her absolute favorite, so I get hamburger from the bin that is discounted because it's close to the expiration date, and fry it. They say that raw is fine for dogs, but I just can't do it. I can stick a pill anywhere in a hamburger patty, and it's GONE!

Geez, Klaas! The Steak Plan is fool proof, I'm sure!!  Monkey Devil!  If I put a collar on and wag my tail, can I eat at your house with Petey?  Meat treats are good for them all; I'm really convinced of that. I buy her Blue Diamond dog food (I use the duck formula) and it does list duck as the first ingredient, but I really think that even the best dry foods just don't meet their optimum protein requirements. Feeding her fresh meat everyday doesn't exactly meet my financial ones either, but hey, I gave up ciggies so I figure the money is better spent!   

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #730 on: March 04, 2012, 01:53:07 PM »

CBB, this could be an alternative to the dog cones.  I got one for my dog and she doesn't seem to mind it.  It's a tube and she rests her head on it.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #731 on: March 04, 2012, 02:50:09 PM »

CBB, this could be an alternative to the dog cones.  I got one for my dog and she doesn't seem to mind it.  It's a tube and she rests her head on it.

Ohhhh, it's a great design and I think it would work, San! It just strikes me as funny............. It looks like equipment for a water rescue dog!

THANKS! I'll check it out!   
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #732 on: March 04, 2012, 03:40:37 PM »

It does look like something for a rescue dog now that you said that.

I got it at Petco.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: March 04, 2012, 05:37:02 PM »

It does look like something for a rescue dog now that you said that.

I got it at Petco.

I'll bet it's less annoying for the dog then the old cone of shame.   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: March 04, 2012, 06:12:39 PM »

Ha ha ! steak??!  Does tube steak count? I use a cut up hot dog and make a slice in the section and put the pill down in the slice so it is enveloped by the "tube steak".  Sometimes the little boogers eat the hot dog meat and spit the pill out on the floor! Monkey Devil!

Oh silly you.  If I put the pill in a "tube steak" they eat around it and spit out the pill.  It really has to be something they absolutely can't resist and want to "scarf" down like BBQ steak lightly seasoned with salt and pepper 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: March 04, 2012, 06:19:12 PM »

My older kind of mean finicky dog only eats ground turkey, hamburger or steak.  She won't eat dog food.  I cook her fresh stuff every 3 days or so.  She was in alot of pain we think from colitis until we switched her to only protein.  She doesn't appear to be in pain now but she's still a bitch and still wakes me up every morning at around 3:30 by whining and scratching at the bedroom door for no apparent reason.  Monkey Devil!

Portly Petey (yes, he's a little on the fat side) on the other hand will eat anything including cantaloupe and strawberries.  In Petey's case if I have to give him a pill I can simply put it in his mouth.   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: March 04, 2012, 06:21:38 PM »

Oh silly you.  If I put the pill in a "tube steak" they eat around it and spit out the pill.  It really has to be something they absolutely can't resist and want to "scarf" down like BBQ steak lightly seasoned with salt and pepper 

Monkey Devil!

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #737 on: March 04, 2012, 06:26:25 PM »

Toby and Annie both took pills in velveeta cheese.  It worked for years..!

This area has been affected by the tornado the other day.  There were five deaths and we expect funerals this week.  Four of the five were known friends/acquaintances. 

The local churches are helping with food and clothes and sheltering.  Good rural people.  So glad that I have spent the last 8 years in this community.

In the midst of the storm, nurses and doctors just showed up at the hospital to work and assist the injured.  Special folks.....

Blue Moon....would be good to have your email before the next one.  I was thrilled when you answered in Musings the other day.  Your weather skills were wonderful...!

Perhaps Klaas will exchange the addresses for us.  I will send mine to her now....lol.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: March 04, 2012, 06:54:53 PM »

Toby and Annie both took pills in velveeta cheese.  It worked for years..!

This area has been affected by the tornado the other day.  There were five deaths and we expect funerals this week.  Four of the five were known friends/acquaintances. 

The local churches are helping with food and clothes and sheltering.  Good rural people.  So glad that I have spent the last 8 years in this community.

In the midst of the storm, nurses and doctors just showed up at the hospital to work and assist the injured.  Special folks.....

Blue Moon....would be good to have your email before the next one.  I was thrilled when you answered in Musings the other day.  Your weather skills were wonderful...!

Perhaps Klaas will exchange the addresses for us.  I will send mine to her now....lol.

Very sorry to hear about your friends in your community Mere.
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #739 on: March 04, 2012, 08:17:47 PM »

Looks like the neck pillow for airline travel!!  Haha
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.