March 28, 2024, 07:26:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #59 10/16/11 - 04/23/12  (Read 238385 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #880 on: April 06, 2012, 12:44:13 AM »

This is for KittyMom  You wanted a Happy Ending story. Here is one that brought tears to my eyes.

DETROIT (AP) — Baking cookies never seemed as sweet for 101-year-old Texana Hollis as it did on Wednesday, when she tearfully was allowed back into the home her husband bought after World War II following her eviction seven months ago.

Foreclosure initially forced Hollis from the home where she'd spent six decades of her life, then federal officials wouldn't let her move back in because of its dilapidated condition. That's when Detroit Free Press columnist Mitch Albom and his charity stepped in, and convinced volunteers and businesses to do the same.

http://news.yahoo.com/evicted-101-old-detroiter-gets-her-home-back-193637299.html
Thank you, Green Eyes.  That is such a sweet story and shows that there are still good people out there. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #881 on: April 06, 2012, 02:56:55 AM »

Isn't it cute?  I just saw that and thought I'd better post it so people can try it out.  Would be equally cute with Peeps Bunnys, lol.

OMG, Klaas! I was just looking for something special for the kids at Easter Dinner!! Waylon will absolutely love that and I think Christian (my daughter in law's son) will too!! Thank you, Thank you!!

Okay, turn about is fair play. I tried this last week in hopes it would be good, and it was! There's more puff pastry than you really need, so I thought I'd make it for an appetizer on Easter and make a little basket with the trimmed dough for the top.I doubt it will be a kid's favorite, but with the peeps, they won't feel left out!

BAKED BRIE WITH CARMELIZED ONIONS:
1 head garlic
1/4 cup butter
1 yellow onion (sliced)
1 granny smith apple (- peeled cored and sliced)

8 ozs brie cheese
1 sheet puff pastry (frozen, thawed)
1 tbsp melted butter
1   Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Place garlic on a baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until soft. Set aside.
2   Meanwhile, melt 1/4 cup butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and apple in butter until tender and browned. Set aside.
3   Arrange brie on top of thawed puff pastry. Top the cheese with the apple and onion mixture. Fold puff pastry over the cheese, and pinch closed. Brush with melted butter.
4   Bake about 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm. Garnish with whole cloves of roasted garlic.

I got the recipe here: http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Baked-Brie-With-Caramelized-Onions-Allrecipes

Waylon would like it best if I put a sword on top.   He'll pick up ANYTHING to "en garde" you with! Here he is in the backyard with a stick/sword:

And then, just as quickly, he's off to pick one of my few tulips he's left so he can give me flowers!  

Always wanted to moderate a mod.  CBB was trying to fatten us all up!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 12:22:21 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #882 on: April 06, 2012, 07:06:20 AM »

Isn't it cute?  I just saw that and thought I'd better post it so people can try it out.  Would be equally cute with Peeps Bunnys, lol.

OMG, Klaas! I was just looking for something special for the kids at Easter Dinner!! Waylon will absolutely love that and I think Christian (my daughter in law's son) will too!! Thank you, Thank you!!

Okay, turn about is fair play. I tried this last week in hopes it would be good, and it was! There's more puff pastry than you really need, so I thought I'd make it for an appetizer on Easter and make a little basket with the trimmed dough for the top.I doubt it will be a kid's favorite, but with the peeps, they won't feel left out!

BAKED BRIE WITH CARMELIZED ONIONS:
1 head garlic
1/4 cup butter
1 yellow onion (sliced)
1 granny smith apple (- peeled cored and sliced)

8 ozs brie cheese
1 sheet puff pastry (frozen, thawed)
1 tbsp melted butter
1   Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Place garlic on a baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until soft. Set aside.
2   Meanwhile, melt 1/4 cup butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and apple in butter until tender and browned. Set aside.
3   Arrange brie on top of thawed puff pastry. Top the cheese with the apple and onion mixture. Fold puff pastry over the cheese, and pinch closed. Brush with melted butter.
4   Bake about 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm. Garnish with whole cloves of roasted garlic.

I got the recipe here: http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Baked-Brie-With-Caramelized-Onions-Allrecipes

Waylon would like it best if I put a sword on top.   He'll pick up ANYTHING to "en garde" you with! Here he is in the backyard with a stick/sword:

And then, just as quickly, he's off to pick one of my few tulips he's left so he can give me flowers!  

14 cup butter?  You probably meant 1/4 cup didn't you?   Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

That child is beautiful.  Is he named for Waylon Jennings?

Happy Easter to all.  

Always wanted to moderate a mod.  CBB was trying to fatten us all up!

« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 12:23:42 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #883 on: April 06, 2012, 09:05:57 AM »

CBB - Glad I gave you a good idea for the kids!  I'm sure they will love it!

Waylon is awesome!  LOL
crazybabyborg
« Reply #884 on: April 06, 2012, 11:29:33 AM »

LOL! Yep, Blue Moon, make that 1/4 Cup butter!   

I'm not sure why his name is Waylon, but I've guessed the same thing.......... it's got to be for Waylon Jennings, right? My personal hope is that his own peers will never have heard of Waylon Jennings and won't make that connection. 

I'm excited about the peep fondue, Klaas! I had Gingerbread men for them to decorate at Christmas and they had a blast. I think the peeps will be great and it was just the kind of thing I was looking for! 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #885 on: April 06, 2012, 11:36:01 AM »

THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Luke 23
http://www.youtube.com/v/GBLXcrFndm0&hl=en&fs=1

It is Finished

There's a line that is drawn through the ages
On that line stands an old rugged cross
On that cross, a battle is raging
To gain a man's soul or it's loss
On one side, march the forces of evil
All the demons, all the devils of hell
On the other, the angels of glory
And they meet on Golgotha's hill
The earth shakes with the force of the conflict
And the sun refuses to shine
For there hangs God's Son, in the balance
And then through the darkness He cries

It is finished, the battle is over
It is finished, there'll be no more war
It is finished, the end of the conflict
It is finished and Jesus is Lord

Yet in my heart, the battle was still raging
Not all prisoners of war had come home
These were battlefields of my own making
I didn't know that the war had been won
Oh, but then I heard the King of the ages
Had fought all the battles for me
And that victory was mine for the claiming
And now praise His name, I am free.

Bill And Gloria Gaither

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #886 on: April 06, 2012, 11:37:27 AM »

Thought I'd share this.  Cute way to use those Peeps.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #887 on: April 06, 2012, 12:31:25 PM »

LOL! Yep, Blue Moon, make that 1/4 Cup butter!   

I'm not sure why his name is Waylon, but I've guessed the same thing.......... it's got to be for Waylon Jennings, right? My personal hope is that his own peers will never have heard of Waylon Jennings and won't make that connection. 

I'm excited about the peep fondue, Klaas! I had Gingerbread men for them to decorate at Christmas and they had a blast. I think the peeps will be great and it was just the kind of thing I was looking for! 

Funny part is we are both "SOUTHERN" women so it really could be 14 cups butter.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #888 on: April 06, 2012, 12:57:38 PM »

I was thinking that peeps/bunnies come in all sorts of colors so you could use a white frosting with jellybeans or white chocolate chips and have a daisy!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #889 on: April 06, 2012, 03:15:26 PM »

That's so cute, kittyMom!!  That makes a great sunflower!!! I'm beginning to think of "peeps" in a whole different way!!

Oh, I know, Blue Moon!! If it were a Paula Dean recipe, it really would have been 14 cups of butter!! 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #890 on: April 06, 2012, 03:18:36 PM »

THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Luke 23
http://www.youtube.com/v/GBLXcrFndm0&hl=en&fs=1

It is Finished

There's a line that is drawn through the ages
On that line stands an old rugged cross
On that cross, a battle is raging
To gain a man's soul or it's loss
On one side, march the forces of evil
All the demons, all the devils of hell
On the other, the angels of glory
And they meet on Golgotha's hill
The earth shakes with the force of the conflict
And the sun refuses to shine
For there hangs God's Son, in the balance
And then through the darkness He cries

It is finished, the battle is over
It is finished, there'll be no more war
It is finished, the end of the conflict
It is finished and Jesus is Lord

Yet in my heart, the battle was still raging
Not all prisoners of war had come home
These were battlefields of my own making
I didn't know that the war had been won
Oh, but then I heard the King of the ages
Had fought all the battles for me
And that victory was mine for the claiming
And now praise His name, I am free.

Bill And Gloria Gaither

Amen!! I love that, Janet! Thanks for sharing it!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #891 on: April 06, 2012, 03:43:24 PM »

http://onlinedirectorysite.blogspot.com/

Online Historical Directories

Check it out at: http://sites.google.com/site/onlinedirectorysite/

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Finding Your Family in the 1940 U.S. Federal Census Smile

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #892 on: April 06, 2012, 03:44:49 PM »

Thank-you, KittyMom,

Elegant   

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #893 on: April 06, 2012, 04:58:36 PM »

Kittymom - that is so pretty!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #894 on: April 06, 2012, 05:00:04 PM »

http://www.wikihow.com/Image:Make-White-Chocolate-Coconut-Nests-Intro.jpg

How to Make White Chocolate Coconut Nests

Ingredients

180g/6.3 oz white chocolate, melted
    1 1/4 cups shredded coconut
    100g/3.5 oz glacé (glazed or candied) cherries, chopped finely
    Olive oil spray
    20 miniature sugar or chocolate Easter eggs

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #895 on: April 06, 2012, 06:20:27 PM »

The Crucifixion of Jesus

Luke 23:33-38

When they came to the place called the Skull, they crucified him there, along with the criminals—one on his right, the other on his left.  Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”[c] And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.  The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, “He saved others; let him save himself if he is God’s Messiah, the Chosen One.”  The soldiers also came up and mocked him. They offered him wine vinegar and said, “If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself.”  There was a written notice above him, which read: THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS. 

Above All

Like a rose
Trampled on the ground
You took the fall
And thought of me
Above all

Artist: Michael W. Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=SzOgA2RV6Hs&NR=1

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #896 on: April 06, 2012, 07:47:01 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46954354/ns/today-today/displaymode/1247/?beginSlide=1#.T39_EdnwBck

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: April 06, 2012, 08:26:31 PM »

Cute Easter ideas...
Cute Waylon!

Have a wonderful Easter everyone!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #898 on: April 06, 2012, 10:18:59 PM »

Waylon looks like a firecracker and so much fun.  He is a real cutie!  Tell him Aunt Bearly says hi!   

I am loving the peep shows going on here.!

Monkey Devil!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #899 on: April 06, 2012, 10:53:19 PM »

How CUTE are these!!!!!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.