March 28, 2024, 04:20:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #859 6/13 - 8/28/11  (Read 541224 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #900 on: August 24, 2011, 11:36:33 PM »

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/joran-van-der-sloot-free-by-xmas

The prime suspect in the NATALEE HOLLOWAY disappearance, JORAN VAN DER SLOOT may be freed from Peruvian prison by Christmas.

It never ends.  And after Casey Anthony, this country is not doing so well in the justice department either.  I am totally disillusioned now.

There's still hope for justice, Anna.  Check this out--

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/joran-van-der-sloot-unlikely-be-freed

Joran van der Sloot unlikely to be freed
Published on 18 August 2011 - 9:57pm
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #901 on: August 25, 2011, 12:16:49 AM »

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #902 on: August 25, 2011, 01:22:53 PM »

In Natalee's Room

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

Page 1-2:
  It's early morning, and the house is quiet.  I'm still lying in bed, eyes closed.  I don't want to open them, because when I do, I'll have to face the day I've dreaded the most for the past twenty months.  Today I have to pack up Natalee's things for the last time.  Today I will have to say the final good-bye.  And I'm not ready.

Eyes still closed, I hear an occasional car pass in front of the house.  Another one stops across the street, and I hear the car door open, letting music and cheerful muffled voices escape for a moment.  Then close again.  The stillness in the house is interrupted by the harmonious tapping of little paws as Macy the dog and Carl the cat move across the hardwood floors.  Stopping for a moment.  Then tapping again.  The cold morning brings the sounds of life's activities as people step into another day of their routines.

Maybe if I don't open my eyes this day will just pass and I won't have to face what I have to do.  The painful inevitable chore that has been looming over me since my beautiful daughter, Natalee disappeared on the last night of her senior high school trip to Aruba.  The day has come to take her room apart and box it up.  I have to go through her belongings, which have remained untouched since she left home on May 26, 2005.  The movers will be here day after tomorrow.

Nothing of my life before Natalee disappeared in Aruba has remained intact.  Not my career.  Not my home.  Not my marriage.  My husband, Jug, and I are divorcing after six years.  My son, Natalee's younger brother, Matt, and I are moving in two days.  I have a lot to do.

I manage to swing my legs off the bed and sit up.  Reluctantly, I open my eyes and sit on the edge for a few moments.  I feel like concrete.  Heavy.  Very heavy.  Finally I stand up and slowly walk a half dozen steps or so down the short hall and turn right at Natalee's bedroom doorway ...

Page 16:  I'm glad I'm alone to recount the events that have brought me to this place on this morning, preparing to pack up and leave this house and Mountain Brook. Standing in the doorway of Natalee's room, I unwillingly step inside to the center of it, look around slowly, take it all in. In what feels like slow motion, I bend my knees until they touch the floor, rest my hands on the light cream-colored rug in front of me, and roll over onto my right side. Curling up in a fetal position, my head tucked down, arms crossing over my chest, I close my eyes again. And the cry I have fought off for almost two years finally comes. The final good-bye cry. And it comes hard. From somewhere deep, deep inside me. And it feels as if it will never stop. As if the pain can never be contained again.

NATIONAL MUSEUM OF CRIME & PUNISHMENT
Loving Natalee

http://tickets.crimemuseum.org/retail/Books/Non-Fiction/LovingNataleeBook.aspx

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #903 on: August 25, 2011, 01:24:44 PM »

Natalee

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #904 on: August 25, 2011, 08:59:33 PM »

Hiya Monkeys!  I don't see tatoos either but if that is her, I wonder where that big black purse is now?

... and dress ... and platform shoes.

Janet

Exactly, Janet!  Where is her phone?  Did they follow her pings or wasn't it set up "for international calling?"   

YES!!

When Robyn Gardner's communication with Richard Forester is considered ... it appears that there should be a cell phone with the international calling option.

Janet

++++

A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

I Feel Such Regret

Page 31:
  Clutching both portraits, Jug and I drive to the private hangar at the far side of the Birmingham airport.  On the way I contact Cingular Wireless and have international calling activated on my cell.  I activate Natalee's too.  If she has hers with her, she can call me now.  If she had had international calling last night, she could have called someone for help.  Why didn't we do this before she left?  I feel such regret.

The Goal of Education

Page 208:
  The goal of education is twofold: to bring a message about personal safety to high-school and college students and to educate travellers.

+++++

Websites:

Natalee Holloway Resouce Center
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

Mayday 360
http://www.mayday360.com/default.aspx

Facebook:

Natalee Holloway Resource Center
http://www.facebook.com/HelpTheMissing

Help Find Robyn Colson - Gardner : Missing in Aruba
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Robyn-Colson-Gardner-Missing-in-Aruba/230993886944552?sk=wall

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #905 on: August 25, 2011, 09:20:30 PM »

Posted on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/astrid.winterdal?sk=wall

Tornado hits Aruba on the north side, causing damages to church school and a few homes. I thank God that no one got hurt, he must be watching over us! It is very scary, I sympathize with the families who were traumatized and all who endured damages to their homes. I hope they get assistance to rebuild their homes, as well as the church and schools. Thank god! also that there were no children at school when this took place.

45 minutes ago

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #906 on: August 25, 2011, 09:29:07 PM »

http://www.taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_content.php?id=1689407

Aruba: Intense winds damage schools, houses
Associated Press
2011-08-26 05:40 AM 

Authorities in Aruba say severe winds from a passing thunderstorm badly damaged three schools and ripped the roofs off several homes in the southern Caribbean island's northwest. No injuries were reported.
Marck Oduber is a meteorologist with the Dutch island's weather service. He said the damaging winds at daybreak Thursday were from a downburst, or downdraft of wind and rain, during an intense thunderstorm moving from west to east. He ruled out a possible tornado.

Authorities said winds ripped aluminum roofs and shingles off about 10 homes in the district of Noord. Ceilings collapsed at three public schools just after dawn.

::snipping2::
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #907 on: August 25, 2011, 09:53:27 PM »

http://issuu.com/themorningnews/docs/august_26__2011

The Morning News

August 26, 2011  Front Page

::snipping2::

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #908 on: August 25, 2011, 10:03:55 PM »

http://issuu.com/themorningnews/docs/august_26__2011

The Morning News
August 26, 2011  Page 8

(Enlarged)

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #909 on: August 25, 2011, 10:21:11 PM »

Texasmom, thank you for the article and pictures from Aruba.  How frightening for the people in the area of the storm; thank goodness that that there were no deaths or injuries. Sending prayers to them.  an angelic monkey
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #910 on: August 25, 2011, 10:44:08 PM »

Texasmom, thank you for the article and pictures from Aruba.  How frightening for the people in the area of the storm; thank goodness that that there were no deaths or injuries. Sending prayers to them.  an angelic monkey

YW grace-land, yes...thank goodness the storm blew through before the children were at school.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #911 on: August 25, 2011, 10:50:01 PM »

or karma

http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83935

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #912 on: August 25, 2011, 11:08:56 PM »

When I read what happened to the statue...I thought the same.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #913 on: August 25, 2011, 11:14:44 PM »

http://www.awe24.com/20110825/8286/A_logra_captura_2_hoben_cu_tabata_hortando_tas_y_mas_for_di_turista_na_Eagle

Papiamentu translation:

owing to succeed captura 2 young cu was hortando bag y more for of tourist at eagle beach

8 hora happen come across, 25 of august 2011 14:30

diahuebs nightfall owing to enter informe of cu one ciudadano owing to notice 2 young coriendo bay cu enough velocidad at leg huyendo for of eagle beach y cu 3 another person siguiendo they. at once the ciudadano owing to beat alarma y owing to avisa police of this while ela follow they till behind pizza hut sasaki where eynan they owing to throw one bag in one cura close cu hekki. after of this the hobennan owing to march bay bek direccion pabao just the hour ey police owing to arrive y owing to succeed capturanan y owing to detenenan. in they power police owing to hayanan cu some pertenencia procedente of ladronicia y after owing to succeed achieve the bag cu they owing to throw y sconde in the cura close.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #914 on: August 25, 2011, 11:17:48 PM »

http://www.awe24.com/20110825/8288/Reportaje_especial_compila_pa_Angel_Coronel_d_e_desastre_cu_un_hoos_a_causa

Video of the storm damage from this morning

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #915 on: August 25, 2011, 11:21:48 PM »

http://www.awe24.com/20110825/8284/Na_Alto_Vista_varios_daknan_di_zink_a_bula_bay_y_varios_panchi_a_kibra_of_los

More video and pictures of the storm damage

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #916 on: August 25, 2011, 11:37:34 PM »

Pictures of the damage of the Santa Anna Church...

http://www.awe24.com/20110825/8280/E_hoos_cu_a_azota_e_pueblo_di_Noord_por_wordo_considera_un_mensaje_directo_na_e

Papiamentu translation:

the hoos cu owing to azota the people of north can wordo considera one mensaje directo at the comunidad norteño

15 hora happen come across, 25 of august 2011 8:12

diahuebs morning early one hoos owing to azota the distrito of north y vecindario if analisa the susedido here can arrive at the conclusion cu here is deal of one mensaje directo for her parish of north. if see the desastre cu this owing to cause incluso the damage form cause at the catholic can conclui esey. look at the imagennan y tell we what you is think.....

Spanish translation of one part...

the Conclusion cu here is deal of one direct message for her parish of north.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #917 on: August 25, 2011, 11:45:46 PM »

Karma continues to envelope Aruba.................................... I still think the collapse of the Natural Bridge was the most glaring example. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #918 on: August 25, 2011, 11:58:42 PM »

JOY BEHAR SHOW
Aired August 18, 2011 - 22:00   ET

<snipped>

HILL: The Aruban authorities continue investigating.

Beth, when you look at the steps that had been taken. They`ve stopped him. I mean he went passed the Aruban -- sort of arm of law and they were able to bring him back in. Do you get a sense that perhaps they`re doing a better job?

HOLLOWAY: I do. I`m still guarded though and I do hope they prove me wrong and show me what Dutch law can really do with a perpetrator on their island. I am very encouraged so far. So I just want to -- just see how this proceeds.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/18/joy.01.html

Could it be that Aruban/Dutch justice will prevail for Robyn Gardner.  After all ... considering Gary Giordano ... unlike Joran van der Sloot ... is not the son of an Aruban/Dutch elite ... an investigative cover up is not an issue.

+++++

THE DOUBLE STANDARD

The Robyn Gardner Case

August 25, 2011 10:28 AM
Aruba officials release last known images of Md. woman Robyn Gardner

CBS/WJZ/AP) ORANJESTAD, Aruba - The Office of the Public Prosecutor of Aruba has released the last known images of Robyn Gardner, the 35-year-old Maryland woman reported missing on the island on Aug. 2, and her detained travel companion Gary Giordano.

According to CBS station WJZ, two pictures of Gardner's back were taken as she left a restaurant on the afternoon she went missing. In one photo, Giordano's back is also visible as they depart the Rum Reef Restaurant. Prosecutors also released a photo of a white Toyota Rav 4 that the two rented on the island.

<snipped>

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20097155-504083.html

The Natalee Holloway Case

December 12, 2005
MY CONVERSATION WITH BETH HOLLOWAY-TWITTY

<snipped>

MICHELLE: One of Joran's and PVDS's alibis was that Joran was picked up at the McDonald's. PVDS originally told you the first night you met him that he picked Joran up at 4:00 a.m., but he later gave a statement that he picked Joran up at 11:00 p.m. Do you know if there are security cameras in the McDonald's parking lot to prove this claim?

BETH: On June 5, we asked officials to check to see if there were security cameras, and to this day, nothing has ever been done. No one has looked into it.

<snipped>

http://arubanboycott.blogspot.com/2005/12/my-conversation-with-beth-holloway.html

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #919 on: August 26, 2011, 12:01:04 AM »

http://www.awe24.com/20110825/8280/E_hoos_cu_a_azota_e_pueblo_di_Noord_por_wordo_considera_un_mensaje_directo_na_e

Sacred Heart of Jesus Statue

Someone stood it back up, I think the head may be laying behind it...   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.