March 28, 2024, 07:24:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #2 4/25/11 - 5/04/11  (Read 320577 times)
southrah
Scared Monkey

« Reply #180 on: April 27, 2011, 02:27:07 PM »

Well that sounds like a polite "Shut up". I'm sure my tip came in the day after her disappearance, along with hundreds of others. I'm not so confident it was dealt with. Decatur County is protective of their locals. It depends highly on who you are, whose son, grandson or brother you are and who you hunt and ride horses with, as to whether or not that lead went anyway.

If you don't want to hear it, I'll politely shut up, per your request. I thought this forum was here for information on Holly. I could be wrong. But, if I'm right... It certainly makes sense to me how the items were found where they were.

Well, it would make sense that if almost everyone is searching that the perp could be one of them. It would not surprise me if this is true.
I think LE is trying not to tip their hand. They are looking for an alive Holly.
And welcome.

Of course its possible, but witnessing what I have I dont see how that would continue even if initially attempted considering it would be visible to many that would recognize an individual in that community.   Everyone that goes out on a search signs in to the fairgrounds & they must sign back out when they return...if anyone is out there unauthorized it will get snagged.

You're not getting it. He is registered. He's a member of the community. He knows the father. He rides horses and hunts among them. He's well known, as is everyone in a small town. There is nothing odd that would stand out about him being there. (And, it wouldn't be odd to any of them for the perp, who is a member of the community) to be among them.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: April 27, 2011, 02:53:24 PM »

Well that sounds like a polite "Shut up". I'm sure my tip came in the day after her disappearance, along with hundreds of others. I'm not so confident it was dealt with. Decatur County is protective of their locals. It depends highly on who you are, whose son, grandson or brother you are and who you hunt and ride horses with, as to whether or not that lead went anyway.

If you don't want to hear it, I'll politely shut up, per your request. I thought this forum was here for information on Holly. I could be wrong. But, if I'm right... It certainly makes sense to me how the items were found where they were.

Well, it would make sense that if almost everyone is searching that the perp could be one of them. It would not surprise me if this is true.
I think LE is trying not to tip their hand. They are looking for an alive Holly.
And welcome.

Of course its possible, but witnessing what I have I dont see how that would continue even if initially attempted considering it would be visible to many that would recognize an individual in that community.   Everyone that goes out on a search signs in to the fairgrounds & they must sign back out when they return...if anyone is out there unauthorized it will get snagged.

You're not getting it. He is registered. He's a member of the community. He knows the father. He rides horses and hunts among them. He's well known, as is everyone in a small town. There is nothing odd that would stand out about him being there. (And, it wouldn't be odd to any of them for the perp, who is a member of the community) to be among them.

Please do not take that tone with me & certainly do not presume what I do or do not know.  If that is the case as you put it, he's KNOWN which means they are watching.   

You are getting very close to causing way too much speculation about a particular individual that may or may not have anything to do with this nor has been officially named as a person of interest.   The person who is responsible for this is still at large, please take the TBI and other LE agencies lead on this and be cautious in what you say.   If you are right in your assumption kudos to you but please be aware that finding Holly & apprehending the responsible person is a far cry more important than any one of us being right.

stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #182 on: April 27, 2011, 03:13:45 PM »

Because LE is holding everything so close, I suspect they know a lot more than they're letting on, and I trust that with the TBI also being involved, that even though it's a closeknit, small town, they won't protect anyone and will find whoever did this and bring them to justice. Even *if* that someone is among the searchers, they can't just arrest someone because they think it's them. They need more than just a hunch. They need enough proof to hold them, lest they risk ruining their case. While I realize it's possible for LE to botch things, I wouldn't just automatically assume they have.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: April 27, 2011, 03:22:26 PM »

Because LE is holding everything so close, I suspect they know a lot more than they're letting on, and I trust that with the TBI also being involved, that even though it's a closeknit, small town, they won't protect anyone and will find whoever did this and bring them to justice. Even *if* that someone is among the searchers, they can't just arrest someone because they think it's them. They need more than just a hunch. They need enough proof to hold them, lest they risk ruining their case. While I realize it's possible for LE to botch things, I wouldn't just automatically assume they have.

ITA & good to see you.   

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: April 27, 2011, 03:24:00 PM »

It was a huge miscommunication!!  IMO

Janet

+++++

Holly Bobo Abduction: 2-week-wrap-up; rumors dispelled; next steps
April 27th, 2011 12:32 pm ET

<snipped>

“Dragged” or “led” into the woods

There has been some confusion regarding how the case was initially reported.

Initially law enforcement stated Holly was last seen being “dragged” into the woods by a man dressed in camouflage clothing.

They later changed the wording to Holly was “led” into the woods.

This spurred online attacks against Holly’s brother, Clint Bobo, who was the last person to see her as she was being led into the woods.

Some questioned whether Clint changed his story, if media misreported, or if there was a miscommunication from law enforcement.

Asked where the confusion came, Helm said, “I don't have Clint's statements in front of me to be able to tell you exactly what he said.

“I can tell you that there was some miscommunication,” Helm said.

<snipped>

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-abduction-2-week-wrap-up-rumors-dispelled-next-steps

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: April 27, 2011, 03:31:59 PM »

Holly Bobo Abduction: 2-week-wrap-up; rumors dispelled; next steps
April 27th, 2011 12:32 pm ET

<snipped>

Rumors Holly was found

There have been online rumors that Holly has been found.

Helm said, “To my knowledge, Holly has not been found. We don’t have information indicating she is either alive or dead.”

Helm said Tuesday afternoon, “We have no new developments to report on today.

“TBI is still following leads on her [Holly’s] case.

“Volunteer search will continue if and when needed.

“A news release will be issued by TBI when we have new information to release," Helm said.

<snipped>

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-abduction-2-week-wrap-up-rumors-dispelled-next-steps

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #186 on: April 27, 2011, 03:36:28 PM »

snipped..

April 27, 2011 11:56 AM
Police search for Holly Bobo continues in spite of weather

"We don't want to put [volunteers] at risk," said Tennessee Highway Patrol Lt. Brad Wilbanks to the Jackson Sun, "Law enforcement will still be around to respond to anything we find as it comes up."

The paper reports that police were the only ones searching for Bobo yesterday and will continue to be the only ones searching today, because of a forecast of severe storms.

Authorities ask that volunteers return to Decatur County Thursday if Bobo still hasn't been found.

According to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, searchers found an additional piece of evidence Friday that may pertain to Bobo, but they are not releasing what it is, reports Reuters.

The new clue was found along the road in the northern part of Decatur County, Tenn.

http://adf.ly/353367/banner/http://joelfinnigan.com/cbs//goto/http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20057821-504083.html
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: April 27, 2011, 03:37:39 PM »

Gotta run for a bit, sirens going off & we're in another tornado warning AGAIN!   Cyas when I can get back on   Be safe everyone!

stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #188 on: April 27, 2011, 03:52:31 PM »

ITA & good to see you.   

Thank you Smile Since I started homeschooling, I have a lot less time than I used to, but I do lurk sometimes. Smile
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #189 on: April 27, 2011, 03:54:06 PM »

I'm not seeing Southrah as giving any more information than can be gleaned from news articles. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20056237-504083.html#ixzz1Kjyj1QPY

::snipping2::

Police believe that whoever abducted Bobo is a hunter or someone familiar with the area near her home, which is surrounded by rugged woodlands.

Authorities have refused to rule out anyone in the community of Parsons, about 100 miles northeast of Memphis, as a potential suspect.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: April 27, 2011, 04:02:31 PM »

I'm not seeing Southrah as giving any more information than can be gleaned from news articles. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20056237-504083.html#ixzz1Kjyj1QPY

Police believe that whoever abducted Bobo is a hunter or someone familiar with the area near her home, which is surrounded by rugged woodlands.

Authorities have refused to rule out anyone in the community of Parsons, about 100 miles northeast of Memphis, as a potential suspect.

I agree
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: April 27, 2011, 04:04:32 PM »

Capps - I haven't seen anything wrong with Southrah's posts.  She is very familiar with the area and people.  I know you feel more vested in this case as you  have assisted in the search but remember, you aren't the only one "local" and people can have differing opinions. 
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #192 on: April 27, 2011, 04:57:32 PM »

I spent a long time reading the first thread to try and get familiar with what is known about this case.....but....I gotta say, there has been so much confusing information and all the personal FB stuff that ( ) I don't know what to think.
She's a beautiful girl with so much going for her, I pray there's a good outcome.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: April 27, 2011, 06:41:47 PM »

Capps - I haven't seen anything wrong with Southrah's posts.  She is very familiar with the area and people.  I know you feel more vested in this case as you  have assisted in the search but remember, you aren't the only one "local" and people can have differing opinions. 

I disagree, she said "He knows the father. He rides horses and hunts among them. He's well known," and I'm saying that is more pointed towards a specific individual & NOT anything that has been said publicly.   If someone is turning in a phone, there is also a possibility that they are reading as well.

My being vested in this case has nothing to do with this point whatsoever, but my sound judgement is.

PS   My local CBS channel WREG at 5PM had a report and they spoke to the "significant finding" (reported cell) & went further to state that certain friends of Holly'S and Clint's fingerprints have been taken (some of which as I know it are the same).

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #194 on: April 27, 2011, 06:58:56 PM »

I would venture a guess that most of the men in that area know each other, hunt together and ride together.  This community is very small.  I really don't think SouthRah is saying anything that's "bombshell" material.  Especially to those of us who've grown up in a similar community.  She's not saying what color hair this person has, or where he lives or what he drives.  She's really giving no identifiers at all, imo.  Most of the male population in that area would likely fit her description.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: April 27, 2011, 07:04:01 PM »

I would venture a guess that most of the men in that area know each other, hunt together and ride together.  This community is very small.  I really don't think SouthRah is saying anything that's "bombshell" material.  Especially to those of us who've grown up in a similar community.  She's not saying what color hair this person has, or where he lives or what he drives.  She's really giving no identifiers at all, imo.  Most of the male population in that area would likely fit her description.

You missed the point, its stating that "he knows her father" that is the issue

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: April 27, 2011, 07:04:42 PM »

OT:   Krista Dittmeyer's body has been found in a pond near the spot where she was snatched from her car

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: April 27, 2011, 07:36:51 PM »

OT:   Krista Dittmeyer's body has been found in a pond near the spot where she was snatched from her car

So sad.   

Link to Krista Dittmeyer's thread:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9800.40

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
southrah
Scared Monkey

« Reply #198 on: April 27, 2011, 07:39:33 PM »

And welcome.

Please do not take that tone with me & certainly do not presume what I do or do not know.  If that is the case as you put it, he's KNOWN which means they are watching.   

You are getting very close to causing way too much speculation about a particular individual that may or may not have anything to do with this nor has been officially named as a person of interest.   The person who is responsible for this is still at large, please take the TBI and other LE agencies lead on this and be cautious in what you say.   If you are right in your assumption kudos to you but please be aware that finding Holly & apprehending the responsible person is a far cry more important than any one of us being right.

You can save your breath correcting me with my tone. lol TBI asked that locals look among themselves for a reason. If everyone were to shut up, as you seem to prefer, and not address the possibilities, how in the world would they discover who took her?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: April 27, 2011, 07:45:45 PM »

Knowing her father doesn't tell me anything.  Her father works for a tree service company and likely knows most everyone in the area.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.