March 29, 2024, 06:28:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #2 4/25/11 - 5/04/11  (Read 320707 times)
southrah
Scared Monkey

« Reply #200 on: April 27, 2011, 07:51:15 PM »

Knowing her father doesn't tell me anything.  Her father works for a tree service company and likely knows most everyone in the area.

You're right. Everyone at least knows of everyone. We're talking about a couple thousand in population.

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #201 on: April 27, 2011, 07:51:21 PM »

Were dogs used in the search?  I think I read somewhere that they followed her scent thru the woods and stopped at a roadway.  (Getting in a vehicle--idk.)  What about dogs searching where the items were discovered?  I gather from what has been suggestedc here that the itmes were thrown out, maybe from a car, or purposely placed.  But what if she was around where the items were located, wouldn't a canine pick up on her scent?

aren't k-9 dogs amazing??
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #202 on: April 27, 2011, 07:53:53 PM »

Well that sounds like a polite "Shut up". I'm sure my tip came in the day after her disappearance, along with hundreds of others. I'm not so confident it was dealt with. Decatur County is protective of their locals. It depends highly on who you are, whose son, grandson or brother you are and who you hunt and ride horses with, as to whether or not that lead went anyway.

If you don't want to hear it, I'll politely shut up, per your request. I thought this forum was here for information on Holly. I could be wrong. But, if I'm right... It certainly makes sense to me how the items were found where they were.

Well, it would make sense that if almost everyone is searching that the perp could be one of them. It would not surprise me if this is true.
I think LE is trying not to tip their hand. They are looking for an alive Holly.
And welcome.

Of course its possible, but witnessing what I have I dont see how that would continue even if initially attempted considering it would be visible to many that would recognize an individual in that community.   Everyone that goes out on a search signs in to the fairgrounds & they must sign back out when they return...if anyone is out there unauthorized it will get snagged.

You're not getting it. He is registered. He's a member of the community. He knows the father. He rides horses and hunts among them. He's well known, as is everyone in a small town. There is nothing odd that would stand out about him being there. (And, it wouldn't be odd to any of them for the perp, who is a member of the community) to be among them.

Please do not take that tone with me & certainly do not presume what I do or do not know.  If that is the case as you put it, he's KNOWN which means they are watching.   

You are getting very close to causing way too much speculation about a particular individual that may or may not have anything to do with this nor has been officially named as a person of interest.   The person who is responsible for this is still at large, please take the TBI and other LE agencies lead on this and be cautious in what you say.   If you are right in your assumption kudos to you but please be aware that finding Holly & apprehending the responsible person is a far cry more important than any one of us being right.

You can save your breath correcting me with my tone. lol TBI asked that locals look among themselves for a reason. If everyone were to shut up, as you seem to prefer, and not address the possibilities, how in the world would they discover who took her?

I've been reading this thread, but haven't participated. I do appreciate ALL those that contribute....

Welcome Southrah!
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #203 on: April 27, 2011, 07:55:20 PM »

I would venture a guess that most of the men in that area know each other, hunt together and ride together.  This community is very small.  I really don't think SouthRah is saying anything that's "bombshell" material.  Especially to those of us who've grown up in a similar community.  She's not saying what color hair this person has, or where he lives or what he drives.  She's really giving no identifiers at all, imo.  Most of the male population in that area would likely fit her description.

You missed the point, its stating that "he knows her father" that is the issue
With all due respect, I am not missing the point.  I would venture a guess everyone in that town "knows her father". 
southrah
Scared Monkey

« Reply #204 on: April 27, 2011, 07:58:05 PM »

Unless they're double headed and carrying an ax, the searcher is not going to stand out of the crowd. You surely can't assume "they are watching" any particular person, especially if they're close minded to anyone not fitting the description of whatever the obvious abductor would look like. lol

Now, if you cross the river on to the east, you may find some fitting that description, but probably not among the search team.
southrah
Scared Monkey

« Reply #205 on: April 27, 2011, 07:59:49 PM »

Thank you, Samarie
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #206 on: April 27, 2011, 08:03:42 PM »

Southrah,

First, Welcome to the cage.  I appreciate a local's point of view.  We have moderators here and they'll let you know if you get out of line.  (Capp's not one).

I am surprised she's arguing with the boss, but I'm gonna stop right there.

Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #207 on: April 27, 2011, 08:08:56 PM »

Southrah,

First, Welcome to the cage.  I appreciate a local's point of view.  We have moderators here and they'll let you know if you get out of line.  (Capp's not one).

OBull....LMAO

I love it when you wiggle your butt and throw your weight around.

I like big b utts, I cannot lie...........
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: April 27, 2011, 08:08:56 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: April 27, 2011, 08:09:25 PM »

Well that sounds like a polite "Shut up". I'm sure my tip came in the day after her disappearance, along with hundreds of others. I'm not so confident it was dealt with. Decatur County is protective of their locals. It depends highly on who you are, whose son, grandson or brother you are and who you hunt and ride horses with, as to whether or not that lead went anyway.

If you don't want to hear it, I'll politely shut up, per your request. I thought this forum was here for information on Holly. I could be wrong. But, if I'm right... It certainly makes sense to me how the items were found where they were.

Well, it would make sense that if almost everyone is searching that the perp could be one of them. It would not surprise me if this is true.
I think LE is trying not to tip their hand. They are looking for an alive Holly.
And welcome.

Of course its possible, but witnessing what I have I dont see how that would continue even if initially attempted considering it would be visible to many that would recognize an individual in that community.   Everyone that goes out on a search signs in to the fairgrounds & they must sign back out when they return...if anyone is out there unauthorized it will get snagged.

You're not getting it. He is registered. He's a member of the community. He knows the father. He rides horses and hunts among them. He's well known, as is everyone in a small town. There is nothing odd that would stand out about him being there. (And, it wouldn't be odd to any of them for the perp, who is a member of the community) to be among them.

Please do not take that tone with me & certainly do not presume what I do or do not know.  If that is the case as you put it, he's KNOWN which means they are watching.   

You are getting very close to causing way too much speculation about a particular individual that may or may not have anything to do with this nor has been officially named as a person of interest.   The person who is responsible for this is still at large, please take the TBI and other LE agencies lead on this and be cautious in what you say.   If you are right in your assumption kudos to you but please be aware that finding Holly & apprehending the responsible person is a far cry more important than any one of us being right.

You can save your breath correcting me with my tone. lol TBI asked that locals look among themselves for a reason. If everyone were to shut up, as you seem to prefer, and not address the possibilities, how in the world would they discover who took her?

Yes, they are asking for locals to look among themselves.   It seems you and are got off on the wrong foot but all I am is expressing is that you seem to have a specific person in mind & all Im saying is that should be discussed with the TBI and to proceed with caution as the wrong eyes may very well be reading....we all want this SOB caught.

No, I didnt take kindly to your "you're not getting it" comment but Im very tired from lack of sleep due to days of tornadic storms, the search this weekend & working on things regarding several cases (work) not just Holly's so I'm offering a truce in kindness.

Good night monkeys, I need some down time.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2011, 08:10:23 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #211 on: April 27, 2011, 08:10:45 PM »

Southrah,

I made no argument to "the boss" whatsoever. 

southrah
Scared Monkey

« Reply #212 on: April 27, 2011, 08:11:23 PM »

Thanks O4Bull.

I believe the locations of the evidence further indicates a local, because the items weren't just tossed out on the way toward an exit from the county, in a straight hit, or even toward the river. The lunch purse was found in the most rural of areas, not on the way to anywhere. The cell was found on the Hwy that employs the majority of residents.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #213 on: April 27, 2011, 08:11:46 PM »

Southrah,

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: April 27, 2011, 08:16:21 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-abduction-2-week-wrap-up-rumors-dispelled-next-steps
Holly Bobo Abduction: 2-week-wrap-up; rumors dispelled; next steps
April 27, 2011

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: April 27, 2011, 08:16:56 PM »

Holly is such a beautiful young girl, her life ahead of her.  This is so sad as the longer this goes the less likely there will be a good outcome.   an angelic monkey
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #216 on: April 27, 2011, 08:18:20 PM »

Prayers still going up in hopes of Holly's safe return.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #217 on: April 27, 2011, 08:19:55 PM »

Thanks O4Bull.

I believe the locations of the evidence further indicates a local, because the items weren't just tossed out on the way toward an exit from the county, in a straight hit, or even toward the river. The lunch purse was found in the most rural of areas, not on the way to anywhere. The cell was found on the Hwy that employs the majority of residents.

I am geographically challenged in my own town, I'll just start there.    Now, what does this tell you?  If I understand you, these items may have been strategically placed?  Someone wanted them found? Or did I misunderstand?  Do you know anything about her brother?  Has he ever been in trouble?  What about the rumors that she's been found, or that she's alive?  That radio guy, Bill Way (I think) sure stuck his neck out IMO.

Only answer if you're comfortable.
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #218 on: April 27, 2011, 08:23:38 PM »

Southrah,

This board ain't big enough for the both of us, Capp.  Between my butt and your ego.  I just thought you were too harsh on our new monkey.  We're all friends here.  Stay safe, I'm in tornado alley too.  DH got stuck out of town because he needed to fly through DFW and couldn't.

Prayers for Holly and her family.  I'm sure hoping she's alive, but I fear that's not the case.
southrah
Scared Monkey

« Reply #219 on: April 27, 2011, 08:26:31 PM »

Thanks O4Bull.

I am geographically challenged in my own town, I'll just start there.    Now, what does this tell you?  If I understand you, these items may have been strategically placed?  Someone wanted them found? Or did I misunderstand?  Do you know anything about her brother?  Has he ever been in trouble?  What about the rumors that she's been found, or that she's alive?  That radio guy, Bill Way (I think) sure stuck his neck out IMO.

Only answer if you're comfortable.

No, I didn't necessarily think they were "placed" really. The lunch purse, I think just tossed out on a back road, not expecting it to be noticed. I wouldn't think they imagined it would get this kind of publicity. And, I think the same about the cell phone - just tossed and didn't think it would be noticed, and definitely not expecting such a search effort. Or, maybe because it's the main road, by the factory and other businesses, impossible to know how it got there. Not really a genius at work here.

I don't know the family myself. I've asked and been told the brother seems to be an honest guy, but not really a tough guy. (Don't mean any harm in saying that) It's just most of the men there are country and tough, or try hard to be.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.