March 28, 2024, 01:50:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #2 4/25/11 - 5/04/11  (Read 320545 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #380 on: April 28, 2011, 11:18:16 PM »

Interesting thought posted at Blink's site.  I hadn't thought about it that way:

Poopsie says:
April 28, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Is it possible the reason the blood DNA results are not being discussed is because the blood didn’t come from a person at all? If you wanted to lure a nurse-in-training into the woods during turkey hunting season, you could make up a plausible story (“my friend has been in a hunting accident in the woods”) if you were covered in turkey blood…

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/04/23/holly-bobo-missing-and-endangered-searchers-frustrated-an-easter-dedication/#comments
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #381 on: April 28, 2011, 11:24:13 PM »

I don't know about there, but here, guys (and some gals) will go hunting before classes, after classes, before work shifts, etc.  Also, schoolsystems are having spring break and so that is a time for hunting as well.  Hunting is something that some folks do like some of us follow crime forums.

So true! I grew up in a small rural hunting town, and it's true. My own father lived and breathed for the next hunting trip.
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #382 on: April 28, 2011, 11:44:06 PM »

Interesting thought posted at Blink's site.  I hadn't thought about it that way:

Poopsie says:
April 28, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Is it possible the reason the blood DNA results are not being discussed is because the blood didn’t come from a person at all? If you wanted to lure a nurse-in-training into the woods during turkey hunting season, you could make up a plausible story (“my friend has been in a hunting accident in the woods”) if you were covered in turkey blood…

http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/04/23/holly-bobo-missing-and-endangered-searchers-frustrated-an-easter-dedication/#comments

I had thoughts along this line...someone played upon Holly's nursing skills to lure her into the woods. I thought of animal blood at the scene or that maybe it was Holly's abductor's. Now I'm thinking about all the dog talk last night too....
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #383 on: April 29, 2011, 12:36:37 AM »

I am very troubled concerning many aspects encompassing the Holly Bobo investigation.  It is my hope that TBI investigators are behind the scenes diligently  putting together a case that implies that justice for Holly will be the outcome.

Anyways ... off for a little nap.  In 3 1/2 hours I am attending the wedding of Kate and William.  My soft pink flannel gown covered with tiny little white daisies will dazzle all.

Janet
9:35 PM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #384 on: April 29, 2011, 07:58:33 AM »

I am very troubled concerning many aspects encompassing the Holly Bobo investigation.  It is my hope that TBI investigators are behind the scenes diligently  putting together a case that implies that justice for Holly will be the outcome.

Anyways ... off for a little nap.  In 3 1/2 hours I am attending the wedding of Kate and William.  My soft pink flannel gown covered with tiny little white daisies will dazzle all.

Janet

I saw you..you looked divine darling 

stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #385 on: April 29, 2011, 11:23:27 AM »

Janet

Sounds lovely Smile

Also, I agree with what you've said. There are many troubling aspects.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #386 on: April 29, 2011, 01:06:40 PM »

The wedding was magical!  It was worth it to me to lose a night's sleep to have witnessed this historical event as it happened.  Not hubby.  He went to bed.

No updates on the Holly Bobo case?

Janet

+++++

Search mum on item linked to missing Tenn. woman
The Associated Press

Friday, April 29, 2011 | 3:16 a.m

Searchers have found an item they think belongs to a Tennessee woman missing for nearly two weeks, but investigators aren't saying what it is.

A Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman said Monday it is unlikely the item found in the hunt for 20-year-old Holly Bobo will be described publicly unless investigators decide there is reason to do so.

The nursing student was last seen being led away from her rural home April 13 by a man wearing camouflage clothing.

TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm said investigators are "pretty sure" the item found in the ongoing search belongs to Bobo but it's not certain it will help.

<snipped>

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011/apr/29/us-tenn-woman-abducted/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #387 on: April 29, 2011, 02:22:01 PM »

willnunley Will Nunley
No official public search plans have been released to me today. #hollybobo #teamholly
3 hours ago
https://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #388 on: April 29, 2011, 02:45:03 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-abduction-2-week-wrap-up-rumors-dispelled-next-steps

Identifying persons of interest

CBS reported, "Tennessee law enforcement officials say that the search for missing nursing student Holly Bobo is narrowing, as they begin the process of identifying persons of interest in the case."

An email was sent to Kristin Helm, the spokeswoman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations, Wednesday to confirm the CBS report.

This was Helm's response: "No, that's incorrect. What I told the reporter was that our investigation was narrowing, there was no mention of a person of interest.

"Meaning that there's a lot of things we know now that we didn't know ten days ago and that our investigation is more focused. We are currently still following all leads."

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #389 on: April 29, 2011, 02:59:41 PM »

Officials stop using citizens in search for Holly Bobo
Flooded roads cited as reason
11:20 PM, Apr. 27, 2011   
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110428/NEWS25/104280313

With some flooded roads and water levels rising, law enforcement authorities have decided to suspend the use of volunteers to help look for Holly Bobo.
 ::snipping2::
"Anything new that comes up we can react, but as far as volunteers we're not reorganizing them until the (flooding) stabilizes," said Lt. Brad Wilbanks with the Tennessee Highway Patrol on Wednesday.
ohn Mehr, special agent with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, said in a high profile case such as this that authorities have received numerous leads to follow up.

Since the abduction, thousands of volunteers have been involved in the search. If needed, they could return to help in the search, Mehr said.

"It won't be uncommon for us to ask them to come back to look at new areas or go back over areas we've already covered," he said.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #390 on: April 29, 2011, 03:24:00 PM »

There are actually quite a lot of registered sex offenders just in Decatur County:

Registered sex offenders in Decatur, Tennessee

http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Decatur-Tennessee.html

Hat tip to CherokeeKid

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #391 on: April 29, 2011, 03:25:33 PM »

And another link which provides a picture and the offender's profile:

25 Offenders found in the Decatur County Area:

http://www.homefacts.com/offenders/Tennessee/Decatur-County.html

Hat tip to CherokeeKid

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #392 on: April 29, 2011, 04:22:41 PM »

There are actually quite a lot of registered sex offenders just in Decatur County:

Registered sex offenders in Decatur, Tennessee

http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Decatur-Tennessee.html

Hat tip to CherokeeKid

Its sad to say there are tons of areas that do, very scary

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #393 on: April 29, 2011, 04:55:31 PM »

Police in Holly Bobo investigation still mum about item found during search for missing nursing student

CBS/AP/WREG) PARSONS, Tenn. - Searchers have found what they believe to be a personal item belonging to Holly Bobo, the missing Tennessee woman, but are still not saying what it is, citing the ongoing investigation.

Pictures: Holly Bobo Missing

The new clue was reportedly found last weekend along the road in the northern part of Decatur County, Tenn.

The item most likely won't be described publicly unless investigators decide there is a reason to do so, a Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman told CBS affiliate WREG Monday.

TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm says although they're "pretty sure" the item belongs to Bobo, they are not yet certain it will help the investigation. So far the only item found that's been confirmed to be Holly's is her white lunch bag, according to WREG.

One volunteer involved in the search claimed the new item found was 20-year-old Holly Bobo's cell phone, according to local station WMCTV. ::snipping2::

Is this something New?
CBS/AP/WREG) PARSONS, Tenn. - Searchers have found what they believe to be a personal item belonging to Holly Bobo, the missing Tennessee woman, but are still not saying what it is, citing the ongoing investigation.

Pictures: Holly Bobo Missing

The new clue was reportedly found last weekend along the road in the northern part of Decatur County, Tenn.

The item most likely won't be described publicly unless investigators decide there is a reason to do so, a Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman told CBS affiliate WREG Monday.

TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm says although they're "pretty sure" the item belongs to Bobo, they are not yet certain it will help the investigation. So far the only item found that's been confirmed to be Holly's is her white lunch bag, according to WREG.

One volunteer involved in the search claimed the new item found was 20-year-old Holly Bobo's cell phone, according to local station WMCTV.

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #394 on: April 29, 2011, 06:43:02 PM »

xxx-xxxx Edited out phone number. We don't post personal phone numbers.  MB
MB, I didn't post the entire number.  It was the area code and the next three digits, but not the entire number.  Just wanted to make sure you understood that.  If you still have to x it out, I understand.  I would never post an entire number here without getting permission.

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #395 on: April 29, 2011, 06:46:31 PM »

The exchange of the number I was able to trace was 988.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #396 on: April 29, 2011, 07:45:15 PM »

MB, I didn't post the entire number.  It was the area code and the next three digits, but not the entire number.  Just wanted to make sure you understood that.  If you still have to x it out, I understand.  I would never post an entire number here without getting permission.

New Monkey, anytime I see  more than an area code that would be a persons home phone or cell phone number, I will edit it out.   Sometimes monkeys that are doing research  involving telephone numbers and other personal information do it by emailing one another since they can't post it on Scared Monkeys.  Even if a telephone number is posted elsewhere, we still can't post it here.  Scared Monkeys is an open forum and I shudder to think of what it would be like for some poor soul to find their telephone number posted on here.  Even though you may not post an entire number here without permission, unfortunately some have and some will.  Thanks for understanding. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #397 on: April 29, 2011, 08:17:53 PM »

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27723859/detail.html

Disappointment Grows In Missing Woman Search
Few Clues Found In Search For Holly Bobo
Reported by Josh DeVine

POSTED: 4:22 pm CDT April 29, 2011
UPDATED: 5:23 pm CDT April 29, 2011

PARSONS, Tenn. -- As the mystery surrounding missing Decatur County woman Holly Bobo grows, so does the disappointment.

Apart from two small clues, there's no sign of the nursing student. It's weighing heavily on those in her hometown, who are no longer part of the search.

About 2 1/2 weeks later, the command center is now closed. The volunteer search effort is temporarily suspended -- another layer of frustration for many in the weary community.

"We're just disappointed," said volunteer searcher Billy Craft. "We should be out there. We should be doing something. … I think she's still alive; that's my gut feeling."

Still, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation put off volunteer searches until there's credible evidence pointing them to a specific area.

On Thursday, Channel 4 news revealed exclusively that the TBI will examine the cases of four women, abducted or killed in the surrounding area, as part of the Bobo investigation. The cases date back 30 years.

The mere possibility of a connection, though, is added worry for a town desperately wanting to help and waiting for a reason to celebrate.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #398 on: April 29, 2011, 08:24:04 PM »

New Monkey, anytime I see  more than an area code that would be a persons home phone or cell phone number, I will edit it out.   Sometimes monkeys that are doing research  involving telephone numbers and other personal information do it by emailing one another since they can't post it on Scared Monkeys.  Even if a telephone number is posted elsewhere, we still can't post it here.  Scared Monkeys is an open forum and I shudder to think of what it would be like for some poor soul to find their telephone number posted on here.  Even though you may not post an entire number here without permission, unfortunately some have and some will.  Thanks for understanding. 

Muffy is correct in general.  I'm not sure but in this case it may have been a number openly posted on Craigslist but still, since this is a missing persons case it's best to err on the side of caution.  Thanks for understanding New Monkey.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #399 on: April 29, 2011, 08:36:52 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.