March 29, 2024, 06:04:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #2 4/25/11 - 5/04/11  (Read 320701 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #400 on: April 29, 2011, 09:26:24 PM »

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27723859/detail.html
On Thursday, Channel 4 news revealed exclusively that the TBI will examine the cases of four women, abducted or killed in the surrounding area, as part of the Bobo investigation. The cases date back 30 years.
The mere possibility of a connection, though, is added worry for a town desperately wanting to help and waiting for a reason to celebrate. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #401 on: April 29, 2011, 09:34:55 PM »

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27708018/detail.html
Investigators Examine Cases Of Missing Women
Cases Back To 1980 Considered In Missing Woman Search

n 1980, two teenage girls walked to a store in Dover. They bought their items, began the one-mile walk home and were not seen again.
Six weeks later, 14-year-old Carla Atkins and 16-year-old Vicky Stout were found dead. They had been executed in a remote area of Land Between the Lakes.

In Dickson County in 1987, 18-year-old Leanne Greene and her brother ran out of gas. Her brother jogged to a gas station. He returned 8 1/2 minutes later to find his sister gone. She's still missing.

In 1992, Shelia Bradford went to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. She had some information about a man she knew. Two days later, she disappeared; 18 years later, there's still no body and no clues.

All of the disappearances were within an hour's drive of each other.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: April 29, 2011, 09:43:57 PM »

Geez going back 30 years?
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #403 on: April 29, 2011, 09:48:52 PM »

What in this world made TBI connect Holly's case to those old cases? 

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #404 on: April 29, 2011, 09:53:26 PM »

xxx-xxxx Edited out phone number. We don't post personal phone numbers.  MB
MB, I didn't post the entire number.  It was the area code and the next three digits, but not the entire number.  Just wanted to make sure you understood that.  If you still have to x it out, I understand.  I would never post an entire number here without getting permission.

New Monkey, anytime I see  more than an area code that would be a persons home phone or cell phone number, I will edit it out.   Sometimes monkeys that are doing research  involving telephone numbers and other personal information do it by emailing one another since they can't post it on Scared Monkeys.  Even if a telephone number is posted elsewhere, we still can't post it here.  Scared Monkeys is an open forum and I shudder to think of what it would be like for some poor soul to find their telephone number posted on here.  Even though you may not post an entire number here without permission, unfortunately some have and some will.  Thanks for understanding. 
Totally understand.  I didn't mean to cause extra work for you.
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #405 on: April 29, 2011, 09:54:55 PM »

xxx-xxxx Edited out phone number. We don't post personal phone numbers.  MB
MB, I didn't post the entire number.  It was the area code and the next three digits, but not the entire number.  Just wanted to make sure you understood that.  If you still have to x it out, I understand.  I would never post an entire number here without getting permission.

New Monkey, anytime I see  more than an area code that would be a persons home phone or cell phone number, I will edit it out.   Sometimes monkeys that are doing research  involving telephone numbers and other personal information do it by emailing one another since they can't post it on Scared Monkeys.  Even if a telephone number is posted elsewhere, we still can't post it here.  Scared Monkeys is an open forum and I shudder to think of what it would be like for some poor soul to find their telephone number posted on here.  Even though you may not post an entire number here without permission, unfortunately some have and some will.  Thanks for understanding. 

Muffy is correct in general.  I'm not sure but in this case it may have been a number openly posted on Craigslist but still, since this is a missing persons case it's best to err on the side of caution.  Thanks for understanding New Monkey.
It was the CL number from the Swamper Tire ad.  I posted the area code and the first three numbers, but not the last four. 
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #406 on: April 29, 2011, 09:55:27 PM »

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/missing_children/missing_over_18_pdfs/USTN_Martha_Green.pdf

Missing From: White Bluff, Tennessee
Missing Since: 04/15/1987
Details:Martha's photo is shown age progressed to 35 years. Martha was last seen around 9 p.m. in her
brother's vehicle on Hwy. 46 in Dickson, TN. Martha's brother went to the gas station to get gas and when
he returned, Martha was missing. Marhta was last seen wearing a white sweatshirt, faded blue jeans and
white tennis shoes.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: April 29, 2011, 10:42:00 PM »

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27723859/detail.html
On Thursday, Channel 4 news revealed exclusively that the TBI will examine the cases of four women, abducted or killed in the surrounding area, as part of the Bobo investigation. The cases date back 30 years.
The mere possibility of a connection, though, is added worry for a town desperately wanting to help and waiting for a reason to celebrate. 

No shock here but it has caused me to say....things that make you go hmmm.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #408 on: April 29, 2011, 11:06:51 PM »

New Monkey - Our rule here is not to post phone numbers.  I know you didn't post the entire thing.  The problem is trying to be consistent with what we allow and don't allow in the forum.  We don't allow phone numbers and without researching how much of the actual number you posted, it would be hard for everyone to know.  So, Muffy was right to edit it out to keep with forum rules. 

I hope you understand.  It's really not a huge issue and I don't want to see Holly's thread turn into a conversation about phone numbers.   
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #409 on: April 29, 2011, 11:10:32 PM »

Wow, that's not really encouraging news.  It doesn't explain so many odd things in this case.  Perhaps they are just trying to get the perps to relax and hope to catch him/them off guard.  I'm still surprised if the perp is either 1 or more than 1 young boy that this could be kept under wraps this long.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #410 on: April 29, 2011, 11:15:28 PM »

Wow, that's not really encouraging news.  It doesn't explain so many odd things in this case.  Perhaps they are just trying to get the perps to relax and hope to catch him/them off guard.  I'm still surprised if the perp is either 1 or more than 1 young boy that this could be kept under wraps this long.

Hi O4Bull

How about a game of Scrabble?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #411 on: April 29, 2011, 11:18:03 PM »

Yes, I agree...not encouraging at all. I realize serial killers can wait years, but 30 years seems like a really long wait, especially when the others weren't really spread that far apart. Hummmm. Don't know. Strange, strange indeed.
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #412 on: April 29, 2011, 11:20:27 PM »

Janet, I'd love to.  What's for desert? 

You need to get an iPhone so you can play Words With Friends.  It's just like Scrabble and you play with other people all over the world!

You may never find time to post again, as it's very addictive.

What do you think happened to Holly?  I haven't really formed much of an opinion other than I am worried that if some prominent family is behind her disappearance we may never know the truth.  I don't get that small town mentality but I believe it really does happen, sadly.  Why is one person's child any more valuable than another person's child?  It breaks my heart.

O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #413 on: April 29, 2011, 11:24:35 PM »

Yes, I agree...not encouraging at all. I realize serial killers can wait years, but 30 years seems like a really long wait, especially when the others weren't really spread that far apart. Hummmm. Don't know. Strange, strange indeed.
I wonder if the DNA they found didn't match any of the family, including HB, and none of the POI either.  It just seems like such a long shot to connect to this case, but I guess they have to consider it.  If the tip about the cell phone really happened as reported (given to HB's mom) then how would that play into connecting to past murders? Strange indeed.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: April 29, 2011, 11:40:14 PM »

Janet, I'd love to.  What's for desert? 

You need to get an iPhone so you can play Words With Friends.  It's just like Scrabble and you play with other people all over the world!

You may never find time to post again, as it's very addictive.

What do you think happened to Holly?  I haven't really formed much of an opinion other than I am worried that if some prominent family is behind her disappearance we may never know the truth.  I don't get that small town mentality but I believe it really does happen, sadly.  Why is one person's child any more valuable than another person's child?  It breaks my heart.

O4Bull

What the Holly Bobo case needs is someone to take the initiative to do some "investigative" reporting.  In other words ... the unanswered hard questions encompassing Clint Bobo need to be persued.  Justice demands it.

When the changing stories of Clint Bobo are considered ... Clint Bobo the only witness to the alleged abduction of his sister ... it is difficult to comprehend the justification of the massive search effort in the past two weeks ... the massive search effort involving and putting at risk hundreds of volunteers.

It would make sense that investigators consider the possibility that an unintended impulsive action of wrongdoing took the life of Holly Bobo ... an unintended impulsive action of wrongdoing that could not be taken back.  In other words ... an abduction never happened.

1.  Which one of Clint Bobo's accounts encompassing the alleged abduction of his sister reflects his words in his 911 call?

2.  Why did investigators rule Clint Bobo out as a person of interest within two days of his sister's disappearance?

3.  Why was so many law enforcement agencies immediately involve?.  Do the Bobo's have influential connections in "high places"?  Is Clint Bobo being protected?

4.  Why has Holly Bobo's brother, mother and father kept such a low profile?

5.  In the process of elimination ... has Clint Bobo sumitted and passed a polygraph?  In the process of elimination ... has Holly's parents submitted to a polygraph?

Good Night All.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #415 on: April 29, 2011, 11:58:38 PM »

Janet,
all very good questions.  I also question the brother's account, and what intrigues me so much is the lack of any photos of him.  HB's boyfriend Drew has his picture plastered everywhere.  Why are there no photos of the brother?  He's not a minor, so I don't really get it.  The few pics I've seen of HB's mom, she has her eyes closed and reminds me so much of Susan Smith.  I know that doesn't mean she's guilty of anything, but it is really strange.

Sleep tight.
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #416 on: April 30, 2011, 12:02:08 AM »

One thing that has been bothering me is the "lunch purse".  Was it just her lunch?  Did she also have a purse?  I may have missed that information, so forgive me if I have.

How odd is it that she hung on to that lunch purse all the way into the woods if she was fighting with her abductor?  If she was approached as some have suggested and asked for help in the woods and she went willingly, why did she take her lunch?  Why not throw it down by the car, or toss it into the car?

Does this seem strange to anyone else?
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #417 on: April 30, 2011, 12:16:15 AM »

Maybe they are trying to say that the cases going back a few years could be connected to one family or man in particular who keeps committing these types of crimes against women.  Maybe a well known member of society or a family that is well known.  We all know that one family OR relative that is completely off or is a criminal (not to the degree of kidnapping/poss. murder)and is just brushed under the rug and not really spoken about.  To me, that would mean that specific family/person is related to someone in LE or city official.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #418 on: April 30, 2011, 12:18:26 AM »

I wonder if the DNA they found didn't match any of the family, including HB, and none of the POI either.  It just seems like such a long shot to connect to this case, but I guess they have to consider it.  If the tip about the cell phone really happened as reported (given to HB's mom) then how would that play into connecting to past murders? Strange indeed.

Or maybe the DNA was animal and not human.  Someone had suggested that Holly being a nursing student might have gone into the woods with someone if he said there was an injured dog or another person injured.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #419 on: April 30, 2011, 12:20:27 AM »

One thing that has been bothering me is the "lunch purse".  Was it just her lunch?  Did she also have a purse?  I may have missed that information, so forgive me if I have.

How odd is it that she hung on to that lunch purse all the way into the woods if she was fighting with her abductor?  If she was approached as some have suggested and asked for help in the woods and she went willingly, why did she take her lunch?  Why not throw it down by the car, or toss it into the car?

Does this seem strange to anyone else?
I would like to know if her books were left behind. Did she normally carry an oversize bag that had her books, purse & lunch purse in it. If the items were all together at one point, was she able to toss the lunch thing out a window?  If it was a deliberate attempt to throw off investigators wonder why the other personal items weren't strewn around also? Maybe she already put her other stuff in the car before she was abducted??
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.