March 28, 2024, 10:37:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #2 4/25/11 - 5/04/11  (Read 320589 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #420 on: April 30, 2011, 12:22:17 AM »

One thing that has been bothering me is the "lunch purse".  Was it just her lunch?  Did she also have a purse?  I may have missed that information, so forgive me if I have.

How odd is it that she hung on to that lunch purse all the way into the woods if she was fighting with her abductor?  If she was approached as some have suggested and asked for help in the woods and she went willingly, why did she take her lunch?  Why not throw it down by the car, or toss it into the car?

Does this seem strange to anyone else?

When I was there last weekend to search, we were told to look for very specific items, including things that could be found in a purse (of which I cannot disclose details) along with other specific items.   Also, in talking to quite a few people while there and otherwise I'm not left with the impression that this person was a stranger to her nor anyone within her own family.   

She could have carried it to a certain point.  We dont know what happened to her & at what point of travel by foot or otherwise something occurred.   That being said, we cant be sure if and when she still had it on her person or if the person responsible took possession of her personal belongings.  If she was startled by this person but not immediately alarmed she very well could have carried what was around her shoulder or in her hands not realizing she was in danger.   It may not have occurred to her to say, "wait a minute, let me drop this stuff in my car."

For this reason and a few others, I do not think the person responsible is old enough to have a 30 yr heinous crime career, such as a BTK or other serial killer.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #421 on: April 30, 2011, 12:27:31 AM »

One thing that has been bothering me is the "lunch purse".  Was it just her lunch?  Did she also have a purse?  I may have missed that information, so forgive me if I have.

How odd is it that she hung on to that lunch purse all the way into the woods if she was fighting with her abductor?  If she was approached as some have suggested and asked for help in the woods and she went willingly, why did she take her lunch?  Why not throw it down by the car, or toss it into the car?

When I was there last weekend to search, we were told to look for very specific items, including things that could be found in a purse (of which I cannot disclose details) along with other specific items.   Also, in talking to quite a few people while there and otherwise I'm not left with the impression that this person was a stranger to her nor anyone within her own family.   

She could have carried it to a certain point.  We dont know what happened to her & at what point of travel by foot or otherwise something occurred.   That being said, we cant be sure if and when she still had it on her person or if the person responsible took possession of her personal belongings.  If she was startled by this person but not immediately alarmed she very well could have carried what was around her shoulder or in her hands not realizing she was in danger.   It may not have occurred to her to say, "wait a minute, let me drop this stuff in my car."

For this reason and a few others, I do not think the person responsible is old enough to have a 30 yr heinous crime career, such as a BTK or other serial killer.

I agree Capp.  I do admit though that when they mentioned going back 30 years I immediately thought about father/son crimes.  Like grooming the son to do as the father has done in the past. (I know, I've watched too many movies)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #422 on: April 30, 2011, 12:56:03 AM »

I agree Capp.  I do admit though that when they mentioned going back 30 years I immediately thought about father/son crimes.  Like grooming the son to do as the father has done in the past. (I know, I've watched too many movies)

LOL, it actually did cross my mind as well....all I can say right now is I hope this "unsub" gets caught real soon.   Speaking of, Criminal Minds had an episode with that storyline recently.  On a serious note, I hope we get answers soon but I'm afraid the outcome is not what we want to hear, I pray otherwise.

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #423 on: April 30, 2011, 08:03:44 AM »

Capp, my dear, question for you please...did you get the impression that LE thinks the abductor was throwing Holly's things away in a random pattern just to get rid of stuff or are they thinking she has thrown out something of hers little by little, like a hint/trail?  I know the latter would be hard to do with someone watching over you.  What's your take on that?  TIA
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #424 on: April 30, 2011, 09:10:42 AM »

New Monkey - Our rule here is not to post phone numbers.  I know you didn't post the entire thing.  The problem is trying to be consistent with what we allow and don't allow in the forum.  We don't allow phone numbers and without researching how much of the actual number you posted, it would be hard for everyone to know.  So, Muffy was right to edit it out to keep with forum rules. 

I hope you understand.  It's really not a huge issue and I don't want to see Holly's thread turn into a conversation about phone numbers.   
So understand what you are saying!  :tapingmymonkeymouthshut:
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #425 on: April 30, 2011, 09:13:57 AM »

I've been assuming that the lunch purse was disposed of by her abductor.  I read a post somewhere in which someone opined that it was one of those cross-your-body type purses so she would have not been carrying it so much as wearing it. 
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #426 on: April 30, 2011, 10:29:16 AM »

Geez going back 30 years?

right lets put the perp at 18/19 yrs old in 1980,he would be around 50 now
i dont see a 50 yr old man,mistaken for the BF,even from behind,maybe but
seems unlikley,as clint seemed sure it was the BF and didnt think anything
about it at the time

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #427 on: April 30, 2011, 10:42:27 AM »

Janet,
all very good questions.  I also question the brother's account, and what intrigues me so much is the lack of any photos of him.  HB's boyfriend Drew has his picture plastered everywhere.  Why are there no photos of the brother?  He's not a minor, so I don't really get it.  The few pics I've seen of HB's mom, she has her eyes closed and reminds me so much of Susan Smith.  I know that doesn't mean she's guilty of anything, but it is really strange.

Sleep tight.

O4Bull

I do not believe that Holly's parents are guilty of any wrongdoing encompassing the disappearance of their daughter.  However ... Karen and Dana are positioned between a rock and a hard place neverthelss.

Considering Clint's changng stories and ... considering the low profile of Holly's brother and parents ... could it be that a plea is being negotiate behind the scenes ... a plea deal ... a catalyst which will reveal the truth?

If what happened to Holly was the result of an unintentionial act in the heat of the moment ... could it be that a conscience will prevail ... could it be that the truth will prevail?

Just speculating ....

Have a good Saturday all!

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #428 on: April 30, 2011, 11:33:36 AM »

Yes, it seems strange to me, too.

I'm thinking the lunch purse was more like a tote bag with long handles that she may have slung over her head, and the handles rested on one shoulder, while the bag was to the other side.  That way her arms and hands would be free to carry keys, books, etc.  Wouldn't have fallen off easily either.

I find it strange, too, that "someone" called Holly's mom about the general location of Holly's phone.  How did that person know it was Holly's phone and why didn't that person call the police?

I find it strange, too, about the "original" story changing...huh?

It's hinky and the signs to me that a story has gone hinky is when folks start trying to explain what's going on by saying: maybe LE is trying to keep the perp relaxed while LE is closing in on them.  That's always a sign to me that things are going awry.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #429 on: April 30, 2011, 11:35:39 AM »

Wow, that's not really encouraging news.  It doesn't explain so many odd things in this case.  Perhaps they are just trying to get the perps to relax and hope to catch him/them off guard.  I'm still surprised if the perp is either 1 or more than 1 young boy that this could be kept under wraps this long.

Yes, I agree...not encouraging at all. I realize serial killers can wait years, but 30 years seems like a really long wait, especially when the others weren't really spread that far apart. Hummmm. Don't know. Strange, strange indeed.
I wonder if the DNA they found didn't match any of the family, including HB, and none of the POI either.  It just seems like such a long shot to connect to this case, but I guess they have to consider it.  If the tip about the cell phone really happened as reported (given to HB's mom) then how would that play into connecting to past murders? Strange indeed.

Or maybe the DNA was animal and not human.  Someone had suggested that Holly being a nursing student might have gone into the woods with someone if he said there was an injured dog or another person injured.

Does anyone recall how it was stated about the blood being found.  I seem to recall that "flakes" of blood were found.  Am I remembering "flakes" correctly?

If so, flakes seem unlikely to me for something that had recently occurred. 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #430 on: April 30, 2011, 11:46:43 AM »

When I was th

ere last weekend to search, we were told to look for very specific items, including things that could be found in a purse (of which I cannot disclose details) along with other specific items.   Also, in talking to quite a few people while there and otherwise I'm not left with the impression that this person was a stranger to her nor anyone within her own family.   

Could it be a person following in an older relative's foot-steps? (Hope not).

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #431 on: April 30, 2011, 11:47:09 AM »

Geez going back 30 years?

right lets put the perp at 18/19 yrs old in 1980,he would be around 50 now
i dont see a 50 yr old man,mistaken for the BF,even from behind,maybe but
seems unlikley,as clint seemed sure it was the BF and didnt think anything
about it at the time

Unless this person has a grudge with one of the parents.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #432 on: April 30, 2011, 11:47:43 AM »

I guess I've watched too many movies, as well, because that's what I thought of, too.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #433 on: April 30, 2011, 11:51:22 AM »

Janet,
all very good questions.  I also question the brother's account, and what intrigues me so much is the lack of any photos of him.  HB's boyfriend Drew has his picture plastered everywhere.  Why are there no photos of the brother?  He's not a minor, so I don't really get it.  The few pics I've seen of HB's mom, she has her eyes closed and reminds me so much of Susan Smith.  I know that doesn't mean she's guilty of anything, but it is really strange.

Sleep tight.

O4Bull

I do not believe that Holly's parents are guilty of any wrongdoing encompassing the disappearance of their daughter.  However ... Karen and Dana are positioned between a rock and a hard place neverthelss.

Considering Clint's changng stories and ... considering the low profile of Holly's brother and parents ... could it be that a plea is being negotiate behind the scenes ... a plea deal ... a catalyst which will reveal the truth?

If what happened to Holly was the result of an unintentionial act in the heat of the moment ... could it be that a conscience will prevail ... could it be that the truth will prevail?

Just speculating ....

Have a good Saturday all!

Janet

Janet, have we ever been able to track down whether Clint's story changed or whether some zealous LEO or reporter changed the words for Clint and then had to recant? 

Either way, the changing of the original story....was the start of the uneasiness with what has been reported.  From then on, IMO, you can't trust any of it.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #434 on: April 30, 2011, 11:57:55 AM »

I guess I've watched too many movies, as well, because that's what I thought of, too.

maybe a brother killer team,and the older bro is in jail or dead now,i just dont see clint mistaking and older man,
for the BF even from behind, unless clint wears glasses,and cant see far away

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #435 on: April 30, 2011, 12:02:31 PM »

At this point I don't honestly know if I've read this somewhere as fact or if it was just speculation. However, I do remember a discussion "somewhere" (perhaps only in my own head???) that the lunch purse/bag was probably the type that contained a water bottle.  If so, it makes sense to me that she would take it with her if she thought she was on the way to help someone who might have been injured. I still think she was first lured into the woods thinking she was going to help someone...perhaps someone she loved. It's been in the back of my head all along that perhaps she was told that someone she knew had been injured in the woods. That could easily explain her "scream" and her haste in going to the scene without thought of her own safety and explain her appearing to walk with the person as opposed to being forced.

I've just been trying for days now to understand why she would accompany the person away from the house.  I do think it's fairly obvious she knew the person.  Either that or there was such a threat to her safety and her loved ones that she thought she had no choice.

I so respect our TBI and trust their professionalism but like so many others, I have the patience of a two-year-old in a candy store. I wish they could tell us more but I do understand them wanting to have all the t's crossed and i's dotted. When I weigh my want-to-know against Holly's safety and a conviction of the scoundrel, it's not even close. I just pray the outcome reveals that she is still alive.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #436 on: April 30, 2011, 12:20:32 PM »

Capp, my dear, question for you please...did you get the impression that LE thinks the abductor was throwing Holly's things away in a random pattern just to get rid of stuff or are they thinking she has thrown out something of hers little by little, like a hint/trail?  I know the latter would be hard to do with someone watching over you.  What's your take on that?  TIA

Either is possible.   I know the hope is that she left a trail which would indicate she had to be alive to do so, the reality now is that 2 weeks plus has gone by & I know what other specific items they were looking for which we have no indication has been found or not.

I tend to lean towards the abductor had to have either an ATV or other vehicle available in order for the lunch purse to be found miles away from her home & there are things indicating that there was time spent in the wooded areas within her community.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #437 on: April 30, 2011, 12:22:25 PM »

Holly Bobo Abduction: 2-week-wrap-up; rumors dispelled; next steps
April 27th, 2011 12:32 pm ET

<snipped>

“Dragged” or “led” into the woods

There has been some confusion regarding how the case was initially reported.

Initially law enforcement stated Holly was last seen being “dragged” into the woods by a man dressed in camouflage clothing.

They later changed the wording to Holly was “led” into the woods.

This spurred online attacks against Holly’s brother, Clint Bobo, who was the last person to see her as she was being led into the woods.

Some questioned whether Clint changed his story, if media misreported, or if there was a miscommunication from law enforcement.

Asked where the confusion came, Helm said, “I don't have Clint's statements in front of me to be able to tell you exactly what he said.

“I can tell you that there was some miscommunication,” Helm said.

<snipped>

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-abduction-2-week-wrap-up-rumors-dispelled-next-steps

On huge miscommunication!  I don't buy it.

Janet

+++++

Home Invasion - Dragged Away

Tenn. Woman May Have Been Abducted in Home Invasion
Published April 14, 2011

PARSONS, Tenn. -- A 20-year-old nursing student who was last seen being dragged from her house by a man dressed in camouflage might have been abducted in a home invasion Wednesday, authorities said.

Holly Bobo's 25-year-old brother told investigators that he saw the man dragging his sister across the carport at her family home in the community of Darden in Decatur County and toward a wooded area, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said. Its violent crime response team was gathering evidence.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/14/tenn-woman-abducted-home-invasion/?test=latestnews

Not Forcefully Dragged

Holly Bobo ‘In Fear of Her Life’
April 16, 2011

Holly Bobo, 20, was confronted Wednesday by a man in hunting camouflage who forced her to go with him into the woods, said John Mehr, spokesman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

“What we believe, and I’ll tell you he actually had an arm holding her and so we feel that she knew that she was in fear of her life so she was complying with his commands,” he told a news conference.

Mehr said investigators “did not see drag marks.” He added she was “not forcefully dragged and she’s like any other victim, maybe complying with her attacker, but she walked into the woods” outside her Pasrons, Tenn. home.

Bobo’s 25-year-old brother Clint watched from inside the home, but did not believe she was being abducted until later. He saw the stranger from behind and believed it was his sister’s boyfriend.

Her brother, said Mehr, “had reasons to believe [the man] was not an attacker,” and did not call 911 until he saw blood outside.

http://www.asapnewsnetwork.com/holly-bobo-in-fear-of-her-life/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #438 on: April 30, 2011, 12:23:10 PM »

Klaas/Mods

Please delete post #436.  I messed up.  Done.  MB

Thanks

Janet
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 12:40:21 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

_____

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #439 on: April 30, 2011, 12:37:34 PM »

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14545457/womans-brother-has-been-missing-since-2009
Woman's Brother Has Been Missing Since 2009
Bobo is just one of many people in Tennessee who just seem to have vanished and foul play is suspected in many of these cases as well.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.