March 28, 2024, 05:12:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #2 4/25/11 - 5/04/11  (Read 320567 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #500 on: April 30, 2011, 09:06:36 PM »

I think that Holly's mom is beyond devastated and probably in shock and on medication...
Prayers for Holly's safe return

sunrise
Scared Monkey

« Reply #501 on: April 30, 2011, 09:42:11 PM »

Hope this leads to something good!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nationwide-Search-For-Holly-Bobo/220036018012977
marina
Scared Monkey

« Reply #502 on: April 30, 2011, 09:42:26 PM »

From the beginning, I think they have known who was responsible....I find when LE says, "someone in the community"...it's because they know the person, and know it wasnt random.  It makes me wonder why this whole "serial killer" concept is coming up..

As for the mom, she appears to be on medication, which would impact her emotional affect.  I did find it interesting that she looked to have eye make up on..maybe Im wrong, but that was more curious to me than her lack of tears (if you have mascara on, you typically arent planning on crying, or perhaps she was so cried out, and her eyes were puffy, she felt as if she needed some make up ??)  Just curious...

This is taking far too long...for a case where they seem to have suspicious people...reminding me of Kyron Horman and Hayley Dunn...where they have their main persons, but arent able to move forward on it.  Sad

Everyone has their own take on Holly's mother's appearance so I'll just share what I thought, too.  The first impression I had was that she still had on her clothes from when she found out and honestly? I never paid any attention to the make-up but I would almost bet you that if it's her school clothes (notice the shirt about reading...), it's still the make-up she had on from that morning. I sincerely doubt she had slept and with all the comings and goings at her home, I would imagine she hadn't changed clothes nor attended to make-up. 

When push comes to shove, none of that matters anyway but it's only human to discuss whatever when we don't really have anything new to talk about, I guess.  I just can't imagine what these last two weeks have been like for that family.  I think whoever is responsible for having them stay out of the public eye (most probably LE) is probably who helped them hold onto whatever shred of sanity they have left. Plus, knowing others are praying with them and for them has helped, too, but most assuredly their strength comes from their faith.

Toy...that would make sense to me that she was still in the same clothes....and maybe Im wrong, but she looked to have on eyeliner....cant imagine that all stayed in place through everything (Im assuming she has she many tears, even if not on camera)..but maybe she touched it up? or has the tattooed kind? (I wouldnt expect that from a small town gal, but that's just my opinion).....I dont often wear mascara if I am going to somewhere that I expect to cry (funerals, etc)...but....???   To be honest, even if she was protecting her own son, I would still think she was innocent and devastated re: holly....so the no tears on camera doesnt bother me, I chalk it up to probably being medicated.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #503 on: April 30, 2011, 11:08:29 PM »

I was hoping that there would've been a presser concerning an arrest.  Maybe tomorrow.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #504 on: April 30, 2011, 11:10:13 PM »

Marina, my first cousin has had tatted eyeliner for a couple of years now and she's from a rural town in TN even smaller than Holly's.  I seldom even bother with make-up so I don't even notice such but it seems like that tatted-on eyeliner is the cat's meow right now.  I had never heard of such until my cousin got it but this week on FB I saw several of my former students chatting about it.  Seems several of them have it and I taught them all in rural TN.

I just noticed her tee-shirt because it was school related and thought she might have on what she wore to school. I did wonder though about the blue jeans. My rural school system stopped teachers from wearing jeans a couple of years ago unless it was on designated days. They have a cool thing going there where on designated days they can pay a certain amount and wear jeans. The money goes to the United Way, I think...at least it's one of the charities...might be for cancer...can't remember right now.  Plus, they can wear jeans and school tee-shirts on school spirit days.  Smaller schools in the area (such as where Mrs. Bobo teaches) may still allow their teachers to wear jeans to school.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: April 30, 2011, 11:55:38 PM »

I do not believe that Holly's parents are guilty of any wrongdoing regarding the happenings encompassing disappearance of their daughter.  However ... Karen and Dana are positioned between a rock and a hard place neverthelss IF they have any  knowledge/suspicion in regards to their son.

Considering Clint's changng stories and ... considering the low profile of Holly's brother and parents ... could it be that a plea is being negotiate behind the scenes ... a plea deal ... a catalyst which will reveal the truth?

IF what happened to Holly was the result of an impulsive act in the heat of the moment ... an impulsive act that could not be taken back ... could it be that a conscience will prevail ... could it be that the truth will prevail?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #506 on: May 01, 2011, 12:00:54 AM »

From the beginning, I think they have known who was responsible....I find when LE says, "someone in the community"...it's because they know the person, and know it wasnt random.  It makes me wonder why this whole "serial killer" concept is coming up..

As for the mom, she appears to be on medication, which would impact her emotional affect.  I did find it interesting that she looked to have eye make up on..maybe Im wrong, but that was more curious to me than her lack of tears (if you have mascara on, you typically arent planning on crying, or perhaps she was so cried out, and her eyes were puffy, she felt as if she needed some make up ??)  Just curious...

This is taking far too long...for a case where they seem to have suspicious people...reminding me of Kyron Horman and Hayley Dunn...where they have their main persons, but arent able to move forward on itSad

marina

This is my concern also.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #507 on: May 01, 2011, 07:56:00 AM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110501/NEWS01/105010316

Local briefs: More than 50 officers search for Holly Bobo
Law enforcement agencies used 50 to 75 officers in the cross-county search for Holly Bobo, a missing Decatur County nursing student, on Saturday, said John Mehr, special agent in charge with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation in Jackson.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #508 on: May 01, 2011, 11:44:20 AM »

Janet, have we ever been able to track down whether Clint's story changed or whether some zealous LEO or reporter changed the words for Clint and then had to recant? 

Either way, the changing of the original story....was the start of the uneasiness with what has been reported.  From then on, IMO, you can't trust any of it.

Puzzler

I cannot move on with any speculation until a reasonable explanation is forthcoming regarding the "miscommunication" regarding Clint Bobo's account of an "alleged" abduction.  I cannot move on with any speculation until it has been revealed that in the process of elimination Clint Bobo submitted to and passed a polygraph.

IF there is no believeable explanation and ... IF Clint Bobo did not submit to a polygraph and passed ... I cannot comprehend the massive searches which put hundreds of volunteers at risk.

Janet

++++++

TBI MEDIA RELEASE:  APRIL 13TH - DRAGGED ACROSS THE CARPORT TOWARDS THE WOODS

MEDIA RELEASE
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation

MISSING WOMAN FEARED TO BE VICTIM OF HOME INVASION KIDNAPPING

Nashville, Tenn. - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and the Decatur County Sheriff’s Office are actively looking for leads in a possible home invasion and abduction of a 20-year-old Darden, Tenn. woman from her home this morning.

Holly Bobo was last seen by a family member being drug across the carport of her home on Swan Johnson Road toward a wooded area by a man wearing camouflage clothing. Holly is 5’3”, weighs 110 pounds and was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans at approximately 7:30 am. The TBI’s Violent Crime Response Team is responding to gather evidence at the scene. Currently, there is no vehicle information available. Anyone with information in the whereabouts of Holly Bobo is urged to call the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/documents/MissingWomanFearedVictimofHomeInvasionKidnapping.pdf

TBI SPOKESPERSON: APRIL 16TH - SHE WALKED INTO THE WOODS; NOT FORCEFULLY DRAGGED

Holly Bobo ‘In Fear of Her Life’
April 16, 2011

Holly Bobo, 20, was confronted Wednesday by a man in hunting camouflage who forced her to go with him into the woods, said John Mehr, spokesman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

“What we believe, and I’ll tell you he actually had an arm holding her and so we feel that she knew that she was in fear of her life so she was complying with his commands,” he told a news conference.

Mehr said investigators “did not see drag marks.” He added she was “not forcefully dragged and she’s like any other victim, maybe complying with her attacker, but she walked into the woods” outside her Pasrons, Tenn. home.

Bobo’s 25-year-old brother Clint watched from inside the home, but did not believe she was being abducted until later. He saw the stranger from behind and believed it was his sister’s boyfriend.

Her brother, said Mehr, “had reasons to believe [the man] was not an attacker,” and did not call 911 until he saw blood outside.

http://www.asapnewsnetwork.com/holly-bobo-in-fear-of-her-life/

TBI SPOKESPERSON: APRIL 27TH - THERE WAS SOME MISCOMMUNICATION

Hollly Bobo Abduction: 2-week-wrap-up; rumors dispelled; next steps
April 27th, 2011 12:32 pm ET

<snipped>

“Dragged” or “led” into the woods

There has been some confusion regarding how the case was initially reported.

Initially law enforcement stated Holly was last seen being “dragged” into the woods by a man dressed in camouflage clothing.

They later changed the wording to Holly was “led” into the woods.

This spurred online attacks against Holly’s brother, Clint Bobo, who was the last person to see her as she was being led into the woods.

Some questioned whether Clint changed his story, if media misreported, or if there was a miscommunication from law enforcement.

Asked where the confusion came, Helm said, “I don't have Clint's statements in front of me to be able to tell you exactly what he said.

“I can tell you that there was some miscommunication,” Helm said.

<snipped>

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-abduction-2-week-wrap-up-rumors-dispelled-next-steps

_____

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #509 on: May 01, 2011, 12:36:46 PM »

Janet - TY

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #510 on: May 01, 2011, 01:07:21 PM »

Law enforcement agencies used 50 to 75 officers in the cross-county search for Holly Bobo, a missing Decatur County nursing student, on Saturday, said John Mehr, special agent in charge with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation in Jackson.

This indicates to me that there is a very specific reason why LE is investigating/searching in two counties and not merely because its a neighboring county nor anything to do with Clint.

TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #511 on: May 01, 2011, 02:52:35 PM »

This indicates to me that there is a very specific reason why LE is investigating/searching in two counties and not merely because its a neighboring county nor anything to do with Clint.

Sometimes our county lines are blurred (for lack of a better word). Holly graduated from Scotts Hill (source:  http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110423/NEWS25/110423004/Friends-describe-Bobo-bright-selfless)

What some of you may not know about Scotts Hill is this:

Scotts Hill, Tennessee
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Scotts Hill, Tennessee
—  Town  —

Location of Scotts Hill, Tennessee

Country United States
State Tennessee
Counties Henderson, Decatur

Scotts Hill is a town in Decatur and Henderson Counties in the U.S. state of Tennessee.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: May 01, 2011, 03:20:11 PM »

Janet - TY

You are welcome Puzzler.

Could it be that official searchers using volunteers have ceased until it is determined if the alledged abduction actually happened?

Janet

+++++

Search continues for Holly Bobo
April 30, 2011

There were no major developments Friday in the search for Holly Bobo, authorities said. Law enforcement will continue to follow leads that come in from northern Decatur County and other areas as they look for the missing 20-year-old nursing student, said John Mehr, special agent in charge of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation's Jackson office.

Officials have not given a timeline on if or when volunteers will be asked to return to help search. Volunteers had been a part of the search until severe storms and rising floodwaters became an issue in the last week.

<snipped>

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110430/NEWS01/104300314

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #513 on: May 01, 2011, 03:21:00 PM »

Sometimes our county lines are blurred (for lack of a better word). Holly graduated from Scotts Hill (source:  http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110423/NEWS25/110423004/Friends-describe-Bobo-bright-selfless)

What some of you may not know about Scotts Hill is this:

Scotts Hill, Tennessee
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Scotts Hill, Tennessee
—  Town  —

Location of Scotts Hill, Tennessee

Country United States
State Tennessee
Counties Henderson, Decatur

Scotts Hill is a town in Decatur and Henderson Counties in the U.S. state of Tennessee.

Thanks TOY!  Interesting.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #514 on: May 01, 2011, 03:25:36 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Holly-Bobo-Updates-and-Prayers/140976462642422#!/pages/Holly-Bobo-Updates-and-Prayers/140976462642422?sk=wall&filter=2
 ::snipping2::

*Holly Bobo Updates and Prayers*
If anything is breaking, i will confirm it and then post it here ASAP! I will not report anything that is a rumor or not a fact. Thanks for your support ♥ Ash
4 hours ago14 people like this.
Amie Shockley Underwood So admin do they at least have a suspect? Not asking who just do they?
58 minutes ago*Holly Bobo Updates and Prayers* Amie, yes LE has persons of interest or suspects at this time. ~Michelle
31 minutes ago

::snipping2::

Appears LE has a good idea of who all is involved in Holly's disappearance.

They are also back searching specific areas again today..per FB page and above link.  I pray they bring her home.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #515 on: May 01, 2011, 04:08:22 PM »

Janet - TY

You are welcome Puzzler.

Could it be that official searchers using volunteers have ceased until it is determined if the alledged abduction actually happened?

Janet

+++++

April 30, 2011

There were no major developments Friday in the search for Holly Bobo, authorities said. Law enforcement will continue to follow leads that come in from northern Decatur County and other areas as they look for the missing 20-year-old nursing student, said John Mehr, special agent in charge of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation's Jackson office.

Officials have not given a timeline on if or when volunteers will be asked to return to help search. Volunteers had been a part of the search until severe storms and rising floodwaters became an issue in the last week.

<snipped>

No, there is a concern for the safety of volunteers in the field, as well as maintaining the integrity of the investigation based on the intel that "as yet un-named" POI' (s) have previously searched.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #516 on: May 01, 2011, 04:15:41 PM »

Janet - TY

You are welcome Puzzler.

Janet

+++++

April 30, 2011

<snipped>

No, there is a concern for the safety of volunteers in the field, as well as maintaining the integrity of the investigation based on the intel that "as yet un-named" POI' (s) have previously searched.

In other words, there's a concern that an un-named POI has been in and among the volunteers during previous searches; therefore, now that that intel is out, LE has suspended using volunteers due to a concern for the safety of volunteers.

Do I have that right?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #517 on: May 01, 2011, 04:22:31 PM »

Puzzler that intel is not what I would call "out", but it is known to LE, yes.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #518 on: May 01, 2011, 04:25:50 PM »

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #519 on: May 01, 2011, 04:37:24 PM »

She is a very pretty woman

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.