March 28, 2024, 05:55:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #2 4/25/11 - 5/04/11  (Read 320624 times)
Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #640 on: May 03, 2011, 07:44:00 AM »

JMO I don't think Drew or Clint are involved in the disappearance of Holly. Janet I can not answer why Clint has not come public but he could very well be distraught to come out in the public. Clint other sister has not come in the public light. Maybe there is a safety issue. Just speaking for myself if it was one of my children I would NOT want anyone of my other children in the public light..   

I saw the pic that is her Cousin she is on FB.
HER SISTER? She dosent have a sister. Where did u see that posted?

I seen a picture that was posted somewhere where it was a picture of Holly and a blond hair girl that had it was her sister.
When I have time I will look for it. I am only going by what the picture had said.
Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #641 on: May 03, 2011, 07:46:26 AM »

This is a very intersting read
here they say alleged kidnapping!

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979285790
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #642 on: May 03, 2011, 08:37:10 AM »

Jersey...Hi!
that girl is Holly's cousin, not her sister...if I recall correctly...

Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #643 on: May 03, 2011, 08:38:32 AM »

Jersey...Hi!
that girl is Holly's cousin, not her sister...if I recall correctly...
[/
quote]

Yes it is! Her cousin!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #644 on: May 03, 2011, 08:44:44 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20058827-504083.html
May 2, 2011 10:23 AM
Tenn. police search for Holly Bobo continues

(CBS/WREG/AP) PARSONS, Tenn. - Police reportedly spent Sunday continuing to follow leads in the search for Holly Bobo, the missing 20-year-old nursing student.

John Mehr, special agent with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, told the Jackson Sun that investigators continue to look further into the case.

While police initially believed an abductor dragged Bobo away as she left home for school nearly three weeks ago, investigators now suspect it was a community member in camouflage who led Bobo into the woods near her home. ::snipping2::

there are those words again...dragged and led....which is it? maybe this is how Clint's words got mixed up and not him saying anything different at all? just sayin....

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #645 on: May 03, 2011, 09:01:55 AM »

(CBS/WREG/AP) PARSONS, Tenn. - Police reportedly spent Sunday continuing to follow leads in the search for Holly Bobo, the missing 20-year-old nursing student.

John Mehr, special agent with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, told the Jackson Sun that investigators continue to look further into the case.

While police initially believed an abductor dragged Bobo away as she left home for school nearly three weeks ago, investigators now suspect it was a community member in camouflage who led Bobo into the woods near her home. ::snipping2::

there are those words again...dragged and led....which is it? maybe this is how Clint's words got mixed up and not him saying anything different at all? just sayin....

Very good point Cookie.  The wording in the newspapers has changed..that doesn't mean Clint's wording ever changed.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #646 on: May 03, 2011, 09:05:58 AM »

BBm

Not only thAT first they say an abductor dragged holly and th enext sentence says a community member  shouldnt they say - was ABDUCTED BY A COMMUNITY MEMBER.

Nothing they say makes any sense JMO
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #647 on: May 03, 2011, 10:04:07 AM »

MOO is Clint is soooo embarrassed by what he did not do to help his sister avoid harms way that he won't speak publicly.  He must feel like chit inside knowing he stood there (now knows)watching his sister be led to her possible death.  I would never get over it if it happened to me.  I'm wondering if the crime happened somewhat in his presence and he froze in fear and just can't handle what the public will say to him.  Just an opinion but who the help watches their bro/sis walk into to woods when they should be leaving without hollering at them.  I'm too nosey and I would have flung the door, window, whatever and asked.  I know this must weigh heavily on his mind.  I wouldn't want to look at my folks daily either.

What needs to be taken into account is that this area is deeply wooded & hunting is a huge way of life, it has been turkey season with people up at the crack of dawn.  I would bet that if he felt a crime was being committed he would have went thru a wall of fire to get to his sister, it would be extremely rare for a guy in general, maybe not specific to southern boys not to.  To Clint, if he at a glance figured it was her boyfriend & it was hunting season it easily could have not alarmed him in the least.  They all go hunting together at times.  The area isnt one where you would anticipate a premeditated or even random crime to occur, its just not.  Look, my idea of hunting is looking for a sale of my favorite designers but after living down south for a few years I've come accustomed to a ton of people walking around in camo attire & talking about what else...hunting, well not always but often.  IMHO, he has absolutely nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about but yes he will go thru an enormous amount of anguish, being accused of harming his sister is going to make it even more unbearable.  My heart aches for the Bobo family & Drew along with his as well.

I'm not going to waste any more time expressing this any more adamant than I have already based on what I know & from what Blink has indicated she has knowledge of from reliable inside sources...Clint nor Drew are responsible for what happened to Holly.   Everyone is entitled to their opinions so don't take that the wrong way, but Ill leave it at that for when the truth becomes known to everyone.   I know it is difficult not to have answers, I dont have them all either & in some cases I have no inside knowledge along with you, its tough & painful to watch the weeks go by.   Maybe its the pain pills kicking in but all I'm left with is just wanting to extend a hug to everyone & say, hang in there.

I'm with you on this.  I live in N. rural FL and the Bobo situation of that morning would absolutely be normal but what I was intending to describe was what her bro must be feeling.  I'll bet he feels like he is the reason his sis is in trouble.  I think I was also wondering about the real happenings of that morning and was he closer to that crime and maybe threatenend or really just did see her walking away in the distance.  I'm just nosey and would have been too inquisitive to not ask where she was going.  I'm also in the medical field and my mind goes instantly to "I wonder if that person needs help"?
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #648 on: May 03, 2011, 10:48:49 AM »

Part of the heading to this article is "Secrecy Fuels Rumors"....I do think that's true.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #649 on: May 03, 2011, 11:01:01 AM »

TBI SPOKESPERSON: APRIL 27TH - THERE WAS SOME MISCOMMUNICATION

Holly Bobo Abduction: 2-week-wrap-up; rumors dispelled; next steps
April 27th, 2011 12:32 pm ET

<snipped>

“Dragged” or “led” into the woods

There has been some confusion regarding how the case was initially reported.

Initially law enforcement stated Holly was last seen being “dragged” into the woods by a man dressed in camouflage clothing.

They later changed the wording to Holly was “led” into the woods.

This spurred online attacks against Holly’s brother, Clint Bobo, who was the last person to see her as she was being led into the woods.

Some questioned whether Clint changed his story, if media misreported, or if there was a miscommunication from law enforcement.

Asked where the confusion came, Helm said, “I don't have Clint's statements in front of me to be able to tell you exactly what he said.

“I can tell you that there was some miscommunication,” Helm said

<snipped>

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-abduction-2-week-wrap-up-rumors-dispelled-next-steps

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: May 03, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »

MOO is Clint is soooo embarrassed by what he did not do to help his sister avoid harms way that he won't speak publicly.  He must feel like chit inside knowing he stood there (now knows)watching his sister be led to her possible death.  I would never get over it if it happened to me.  I'm wondering if the crime happened somewhat in his presence and he froze in fear and just can't handle what the public will say to him.  Just an opinion but who the help watches their bro/sis walk into to woods when they should be leaving without hollering at them.  I'm too nosey and I would have flung the door, window, whatever and asked.  I know this must weigh heavily on his mind.  I wouldn't want to look at my folks daily either.

What needs to be taken into account is that this area is deeply wooded & hunting is a huge way of life, it has been turkey season with people up at the crack of dawn.  I would bet that if he felt a crime was being committed he would have went thru a wall of fire to get to his sister, it would be extremely rare for a guy in general, maybe not specific to southern boys not to.  To Clint, if he at a glance figured it was her boyfriend & it was hunting season it easily could have not alarmed him in the least.  They all go hunting together at times.  The area isnt one where you would anticipate a premeditated or even random crime to occur, its just not.  Look, my idea of hunting is looking for a sale of my favorite designers but after living down south for a few years I've come accustomed to a ton of people walking around in camo attire & talking about what else...hunting, well not always but often.  IMHO, he has absolutely nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about but yes he will go thru an enormous amount of anguish, being accused of harming his sister is going to make it even more unbearable.  My heart aches for the Bobo family & Drew along with his as well.

I'm not going to waste any more time expressing this any more adamant than I have already based on what I know & from what Blink has indicated she has knowledge of from reliable inside sources...Clint nor Drew are responsible for what happened to Holly.   Everyone is entitled to their opinions so don't take that the wrong way, but Ill leave it at that for when the truth becomes known to everyone.   I know it is difficult not to have answers, I dont have them all either & in some cases I have no inside knowledge along with you, its tough & painful to watch the weeks go by.   Maybe its the pain pills kicking in but all I'm left with is just wanting to extend a hug to everyone & say, hang in there.

I'm with you on this.  I live in N. rural FL and the Bobo situation of that morning would absolutely be normal but what I was intending to describe was what her bro must be feeling.  I'll bet he feels like he is the reason his sis is in trouble.  I think I was also wondering about the real happenings of that morning and was he closer to that crime and maybe threatenend or really just did see her walking away in the distance.  I'm just nosey and would have been too inquisitive to not ask where she was going.  I'm also in the medical field and my mind goes instantly to "I wonder if that person needs help"?

I totally understand what you are saying.  Im going to attempt to be a tad humorous with no intention of being offensive to the situation or men in general BUT....how many nosey men do we each know personally?   It is not a common mechanism men possess & more often can be heard ribbing women for being just that, nosey. 

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #651 on: May 03, 2011, 11:10:31 AM »

Part of the heading to this article is "Secrecy Fuels Rumors"....I do think that's true.

Again, semantics

ab·duc·tion/abˈdəkSHən/Noun
1. The action or an instance of forcibly taking a person or persons away against their will.

kid·nap   [kid-nap]
–verb (used with object), -napped or -naped, -nap·ping or -nap·ing.
to steal, carry off, or abduct by force or fraud, especially for use as a hostage or to extract ransom.

It appears the word "attempted" is being used because it is unclear to the public what has transpired but I cannot speak for the blog author.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #652 on: May 03, 2011, 11:19:49 AM »

I think it has gotten so commonplace to see the family of the one abducted exploited on television shows for the purpose of ratings and revenue that it looks unusual when a family actually does what LE suggests they do.

I do not think Holly's parents nor her brother nor any other real or non-existent family member had a thing to do with her disappearance. I also do not believe Holly herself was involved in her own abduction.

I do think they have been wisely advised to lay low and let LE deal with the situation. I personally think LE realizes that keeping the media interaction with the family at a minimum will better defuse the volatile situation.

Whatever the outcome, this precious family has been forever changed. Evil has pentrated their safe haven and their world has been forever altered.

I absolutely cannot even imagine that this family had any hand in what has befallen them. I also think as posters we are quite careful never to point fingers at others but it seems to me that it is becoming too commonplace to deny the victim's family this courtesy. It is hard for me to understand why it is acceptable to question the integrity of Holly's brother when nothing but parapharasing is out there to dissect. My word...haven't all of us at one time or another had someone change the wording of something we said? 

As for a Southern definition of dragging someone...it's a way we express getting someone to do something they are not too interested in doing...as in "I had to drag him to church on Sunday." What has become a focal word could mean no more than a cultural expression. For instance, if you're from the South, you'd understand that if I asked you if you wanted a coke, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you replied that you'd like a Dr. Pepper or Pepsi. Not too many years ago I would have asked if you wanted a cold drink...until my Northern uncle told me if I asked for one up North, they'd point me to a water fountain.

We have many differences.  Why, most of you consider macaroni and cheese as a meal or at least a pasta dish.  Around here, it's treated as a vegetable...as in a side dish along with the peas and such. Not many years ago I was at a Northern restaurant inquiring about the peas they had listed on their daily meat and three. The waitress looked at me as though I had sprouted another head and answered "green."  That type hadn't even crossed my mind because I was wondering if they were blackeyed or crowder or such.  Plus, green peas around here are called English peas.

It's not a matter of right or wrong. It's simply a matter of meaning and I do believe it's yet another case of misunderstanding our definition of words.  That doesn't bother me that someone doesn't understand but it does sting when there is no attempt made to understand. It's regional and it's dialect and it's semantics.  Let's not tarnish someone's reputation over word choice.     

TOY - TY

I so relate to your Southern definitions - semantics are "everything" when people from all over the country are trying to discern what every word means.

I have lived my entire life in the South and Toy's definitions are spot on!  How many times have I heard "I had to drag him to Church"!  ha

Clint is a young man - "drag" could very well be part of his vernacular in everyday life.  Seeing someone holding on someone's arm while walking away could very well come out as "dragging away" in his area of the country.

Now...we've not heard Clint speak.
We've heard "others" interpret Clint's words.
The interpretations have come out as seemingly different stories.
We are left to our own interpretations of the interpretations by others.
The word dragged: do we take it as a literal meaning?

drag/drag/
Verb: Pull (someone or something) along forcefully, roughly, or with difficulty.
Noun: The action of pulling something forcefully or with difficulty: "the drag of the current".  More »
Dictionary.com - Answers.com - Merriam-Webster - The Free Dictionary

Or do we interpret that Holly was led away by the arm? 

We cannot interpret "others" intrepretations.

If we do, we're incorrect because it's just another intrepretation.

We have to see and hear Clint, himself, talk to make the correct intrepretation.  And, most likely, would have to question him to get an accurate understanding of what he really means.

Now...again...while I have uptmost respect for SM posters who have "more knowledge" than the rest of us and who are on the scene and have much greater understanding of the happenings - the truth is that when you report to us it is your "interpretations of what you've seen and heard", as you cannot tell us more or can't disclose more, etc.

I read with interest every word of what you have to say and can't wait for the next post.

Posters are left to intrepret people's interpretations who have knowledge they can't post; just like posters are left to intrepret the interpretations of others about what Clint has said.

In addition, need to factor in the semantics used in the South and what the actual meanings may be that are made by a young man who has probably never had any experience with anything like this in his life and wouldn't know that he must "think" before he speaks because every word will be sliced and diced with the precision of using a scapel.

In other words, we all have our thoughts based on what we encounter about this case - all the different opinions are what makes this forum work, by promoting new thoughts and sleuthing and questioning.

It's okay whether we take the "interpretations" of others as to what Clint said as truth or more reason to question.

It's okay whether we take the "interpretations" of others as to what they say they know but can't tell us as to being the truth or more reason to question.

All of our questions and thoughts are okay - until the day we learn the truth - proof positive.

It's all good.

My 2 cents....

Puzzler

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #653 on: May 03, 2011, 11:22:27 AM »

Hey Blink,

Is this the same Jason Todd that was arrested April 19th? He was arrested about an hr from Parsons TN
 Offender Details
Offender Name: JASON LEE TODD
 Offender ID: 94651
Date of Birth: 07/27/1992 Age: 18 Race: White Gender: Male 
Custody Status: Out of Custody Date: 04/19/2011 Reason: Unknown

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/detailsAction.do?siteId=43000&agency=31&id=94651&searchType=offender

I know there are rumors that one of the kidnappers spilled his guts that was arrested and he was 18.. out of 3 people invloved per rumors on volnation website from people that say they know people close to the investigastion- that live there or have lived there. 
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #654 on: May 03, 2011, 11:27:14 AM »

Hey Blink,

Is this the same Jason Todd that was arrested April 19th? He was arrested about an hr from Parsons TN
 Offender Details
Offender Name: JASON LEE TODD
 Offender ID: 94651
Date of Birth: 07/27/1992 Age: 18 Race: White Gender: Male 
Custody Status: Out of Custody Date: 04/19/2011 Reason: Unknown

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/detailsAction.do?siteId=43000&agency=31&id=94651&searchType=offender

I know there are rumors that one of the kidnappers spilled his guts that was arrested and he was 18.. out of 3 people invloved per rumors on volnation website from people that say they know people close to the investigastion- that live there or have lived there. 

I am aware and no, not him.  There have been no arrests in connection with this case to date.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #655 on: May 03, 2011, 11:27:19 AM »

willnunley Will Nunley
TBI: even though the amount of agents has been scaled back, this remains an active 'abduction' investigation, with a local command post.
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

willnunley Will Nunley
TBI: even though items belonging to Holly have been discovered over the past few weeks, nothing has 'cracked' the case. #hollybobo
1 hour ago

willnunley Will Nunley
TBI: specialized weekend searches did not uncover any dramatic new details as hoped for. #hollybobo
https://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #656 on: May 03, 2011, 11:36:13 AM »

thanks Blink
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #657 on: May 03, 2011, 11:36:18 AM »

Again, semantics

ab·duc·tion/abˈdəkSHən/Noun
1. The action or an instance of forcibly taking a person or persons away against their will.

kid·nap   [kid-nap]
–verb (used with object), -napped or -naped, -nap·ping or -nap·ing.
to steal, carry off, or abduct by force or fraud, especially for use as a hostage or to extract ransom.

It appears the word "attempted" is being used because it is unclear to the public what has transpired but I cannot speak for the blog author.

Still...I do think that secrecy fuels rumors. 

When an investigation appears to be open and upfront - folks follow eagerly and honestly try to find out where the victim is.

The instant it's apparent that things are being held back or there's some secrecy veiling and investigation, then the "speculations" start; i.e., what's really going on, wonder what they're hiding, do they have a suspect in mind, etc.

When LE has things that should be kept close to the vest to protect the investigation - I think we all understand.

If there are miscommunications and it's not harmful to the case to clear them up...then they should be cleared up and not sloughed off as not having the exact wording with you.  Obviously, it's harmful to the case to "miscommunicate" to being with and then act with dismissal when the public is asking for the truth.  Miscommunicate out of the gate (irresponsible) and to fluff off questions about miscommunication (irresponsible) = Two wrongs don't make a right.

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #658 on: May 03, 2011, 11:43:07 AM »

Janet-

not to be rude but is it really nescessary to continue copying and pasting the same media articles that were mis worded?  clint is not a poi, and was not involved in his sister's disapperance.  i don't see what continuing to post this does to further discuss the case other than possibly adding extra undo pain to the family?
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #659 on: May 03, 2011, 11:43:48 AM »

I think it has gotten so commonplace to see the family of the one abducted exploited on television shows for the purpose of ratings and revenue that it looks unusual when a family actually does what LE suggests they do.

I do not think Holly's parents nor her brother nor any other real or non-existent family member had a thing to do with her disappearance. I also do not believe Holly herself was involved in her own abduction.

I do think they have been wisely advised to lay low and let LE deal with the situation. I personally think LE realizes that keeping the media interaction with the family at a minimum will better defuse the volatile situation.

Whatever the outcome, this precious family has been forever changed. Evil has pentrated their safe haven and their world has been forever altered.

I absolutely cannot even imagine that this family had any hand in what has befallen them. I also think as posters we are quite careful never to point fingers at others but it seems to me that it is becoming too commonplace to deny the victim's family this courtesy. It is hard for me to understand why it is acceptable to question the integrity of Holly's brother when nothing but parapharasing is out there to dissect. My word...haven't all of us at one time or another had someone change the wording of something we said? 

As for a Southern definition of dragging someone...it's a way we express getting someone to do something they are not too interested in doing...as in "I had to drag him to church on Sunday." What has become a focal word could mean no more than a cultural expression. For instance, if you're from the South, you'd understand that if I asked you if you wanted a coke, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you replied that you'd like a Dr. Pepper or Pepsi. Not too many years ago I would have asked if you wanted a cold drink...until my Northern uncle told me if I asked for one up North, they'd point me to a water fountain.

We have many differences.  Why, most of you consider macaroni and cheese as a meal or at least a pasta dish.  Around here, it's treated as a vegetable...as in a side dish along with the peas and such. Not many years ago I was at a Northern restaurant inquiring about the peas they had listed on their daily meat and three. The waitress looked at me as though I had sprouted another head and answered "green."  That type hadn't even crossed my mind because I was wondering if they were blackeyed or crowder or such.  Plus, green peas around here are called English peas.

It's not a matter of right or wrong. It's simply a matter of meaning and I do believe it's yet another case of misunderstanding our definition of words.  That doesn't bother me that someone doesn't understand but it does sting when there is no attempt made to understand. It's regional and it's dialect and it's semantics.  Let's not tarnish someone's reputation over word choice.     

Totally agree with you Toy.  Being from the rural South, I can identify with all you have written.  Sure, I'd like to know ALL they know, but I also want Holly to be found. 

I feel they know or have some idea of who - but will have to be very careful less that person is tipped off.  I got a feeling the "Good Ole Boy" club could be in full force, and TBI is not only dealing with finding evidence concerning Holly, but also they are well aware of how things work and are tip-toeing around it in order to gather what they need for an arrest.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.