March 28, 2024, 10:54:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #2 4/25/11 - 5/04/11  (Read 320592 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #720 on: May 03, 2011, 04:18:36 PM »

Be still my 64 year old heart!!!  I finally have a direct source.

I emailed Kristen Helm regarding Karen and Dana's request for assistance from community members to search their property.  I received an immediate reply.

Although not specific ... the implication was that the Bobo property was searched by "the Violent Crimes Response Team" on the morning of Holly's disappearance as well as evidence was collected and processed.  That's it.

Helm's response to my query was appreciated but ... I am skeptical.  The Bobo's property is huge.

Janet

Why implication?   Without you posting the response what is stated in your post IS that the property was searched (and by he way not by just that unit)

Kristen Helm only stated that presence of "the Violent Crimes Response Team" in regards to a search and the processing of evidence on the morning Holly was reported abducted.  She did not expand on either.

Hey ... if Kristen was kind enought to acknowledge my query ... I am sure she would do likewise for you.  If you choose to share with the forum ... an overview would suffice.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #721 on: May 03, 2011, 04:19:30 PM »

Janet-

why are you assuming that the Bobo home and property was not searched thoroughly and immediately?

Today's outreach by Holly's parents ... an outreach requesting members of the community to assist in a search of their property ... was the foundation of my doubts whether an official search ever happened.

Anyways ... the email response I received from Kristen Helm a short time ago "indicates" that a search of the Bobo property took place on the morning when Holly went missing.

Janet

It's a prudent practice to ask the community to search their properties in rural areas.  I believe the Polly Klass case was cracked when someone found tights or some articles of clothing on her property that did not belong there.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #722 on: May 03, 2011, 04:20:14 PM »

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/01/05/041511-news-holly-bobo-4-4
 ::snipping2::
Holly’s 25-year-old brother, Clint, was in his bed upstairs in the family’s Parsons home when he heard his sister screaming outside about 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, according to family friends.

dont know how credible this site is?

Since we've heard that Clint was in the house and heard Holly scream and looked outside and saw her being led to the "woods", I would love to know if LE asked Clint why he didn't go outside or open a window and yell after Holly (maybe scare away a perp).

I know people react differently, and even though I keep saying Clint is young...he's not that young - 25 - so I would like to know the reason why he didn't think too much about the scream - only after he saw blood outside.

Also, I asked this before with no response (so maybe no one recalls), but I seem to remember reading that the brother saw "flecks" of blood.  Doe's anyone else remember the word "flecks" being used?  TIA

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #723 on: May 03, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »

Be still my 64 year old heart!!!  I finally have a direct source.

I emailed Kristen Helm regarding Karen and Dana's request for assistance from community members to search their property.  I received an immediate reply.

Although not specific ... the implication was that the Bobo property was searched by "the Violent Crimes Response Team" on the morning of Holly's disappearance as well as evidence was collected and processed.  That's it.

Helm's response to my query was appreciated but ... I am skeptical.  The Bobo's property is huge.

Janet

Why implication?   Without you posting the response what is stated in your post IS that the property was searched (and by he way not by just that unit)

Kristen Helm only stated that presence of "the Violent Crimes Response Team" in regards to a search and the processing of evidence on the morning Holly was reported abducted.  She did not expand on either.

Hey ... if Kristen was kind enought to acknowledge my query ... I am sure she would do likewise for you.  If you choose to share with the forum ... an overview would suffice.

Janet

So...surely...one item being processed would be the "blood evidence".

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #724 on: May 03, 2011, 04:23:57 PM »

Bottom Line

If the Bobo felt that that any search which took place on the morning their daughter disappearaed was sufficient ... I do not think today's outreach for assisstence from the community to search their property would have happened.

IMO

Janet

+++++

Missing Tennessee student's family asks public to search their property
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS   
First Posted: May 03, 2011 - 1:40 pm
Last Updated: May 03, 2011 - 1:40 pm

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — The family of missing nursing student Holly Bobo is pleading with people to search their property in an effort to find the woman who is believed to have been abducted outside her Tennessee home by a man dressed in camouflage.

The family released the plea in a statement sent to the media on Tuesday, nearly three weeks after Holly Bobo's April 13 disappearance.

Investigators have said they believe the student was abducted by someone familiar with the rural area outside her home near Parsons, about 100 miles northeast of Memphis.

<snipped>

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/0fb3e764c8f74e8fb881c102db08222c/TN-Tenn-Woman-Abducted/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #725 on: May 03, 2011, 04:24:01 PM »

OK, Ive caught a few minor typo/word errors that I made...Im struggling being on pain medication for my lower back I threw out handling my 4 furbabies getting into our inside wall guest bathroom in 4 tornado warnings in just a tad over a day so please excuse the boo boo's.    I cant stand feeling a bit "outside myself" & cannot wait for it to subside to get off this prescription.

No worries mate!  Totally understand about the pain meds for lower back (experience that myself every now-and-then).

Hope you get better quickly!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #726 on: May 03, 2011, 04:24:13 PM »

Puzzler..I do remember "flecks" of blood..

StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #727 on: May 03, 2011, 04:30:45 PM »

This is just Janet's thing. She does it often (posting reports and making comments, etc). I don't think she's trying to be rude or anything. Janet's been on this board for a long time, and her focus is always to find the answer to help bring a loved one home and/or bring to justice those who caused harm. She's just refreshing our memories and making her points clear. That's all. Smile

I too have wondered why TBI was called in quickly, rather than having local LE handle.  Is this typical for this area?  Or is it possible that local LE just does not have expertise in this type of crime?

stayhomemommy

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I agree and forget and like to keep reminded of what was said..and when.

I believe she was dragged and screaming. I also believe Clint is in fear of his life. Maybe more happened than we know. Something very bad is happening we don't know about is my feeling that has do do with revenge, drugs maybe. Maybe Clint is being blackmailed. Maybe evidence was planted to frame someone.
does anyone know if the Attorney General called in TBI? If not its prob tied in with drugs is my thought re how TBI got involved so fast.

I apologize for getting inside someone else's quote box.  Just trying to say I have always wondered as well why TBI was called so quickly.  Is it standard practice in that area or for certain crimes?

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/

must be called in by the Attorney General accept under these circumstances...
 ::snipping2::

The TBI has statutory original jurisdiction to investigate without a District Attorney’s request for the following crimes: fugitives from justice, organized crime activities, narcotics and drug violations, employees or prospective employees of the bureau or department of safety, and investigations pertaining to domestic terrorism that the bureau receives under a government information security classification
StarMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #728 on: May 03, 2011, 04:32:08 PM »

Bottom Line

If the Bobo felt that that any search which took place on the morning their daughter disappearaed was sufficient ... I do not think today's outreach for assisstence from the community to search their property would have happened.

IMO

Janet

+++++

Missing Tennessee student's family asks public to search their property
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS   
First Posted: May 03, 2011 - 1:40 pm
Last Updated: May 03, 2011 - 1:40 pm

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — The family of missing nursing student Holly Bobo is pleading with people to search their property in an effort to find the woman who is believed to have been abducted outside her Tennessee home by a man dressed in camouflage.

The family released the plea in a statement sent to the media on Tuesday, nearly three weeks after Holly Bobo's April 13 disappearance.

Investigators have said they believe the student was abducted by someone familiar with the rural area outside her home near Parsons, about 100 miles northeast of Memphis.

<snipped>

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/0fb3e764c8f74e8fb881c102db08222c/TN-Tenn-Woman-Abducted/

Janet you always get me thinking Smile
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #729 on: May 03, 2011, 04:35:07 PM »

Janet-

why are you assuming that the Bobo home and property was not searched thoroughly and immediately?

Today's outreach by Holly's parents ... an outreach requesting members of the community to assist in a search of their property ... was the foundation of my doubts whether an official search ever happened.

Anyways ... the email response I received from Kristen Helm a short time ago "indicates" that a search of the Bobo property took place on the morning when Holly went missing.

Janet

It's a prudent practice to ask the community to search their properties in rural areas.  I believe the Polly Klass case was cracked when someone found tights or some articles of clothing on her property that did not belong there.

A's Fever

I do believe that I interpreted the plea of the Bobo's all wrong.  It was my understanding that Karen and Dana wrtr requesting assistance to search the Bobo property.  The request for community member to search their own respective properties makes sense.

Thanks!  I am embrarrassed.

Janet

_____

4myjoey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #730 on: May 03, 2011, 04:41:16 PM »

This is just Janet's thing. She does it often (posting reports and making comments, etc). I don't think she's trying to be rude or anything. Janet's been on this board for a long time, and her focus is always to find the answer to help bring a loved one home and/or bring to justice those who caused harm. She's just refreshing our memories and making her points clear. That's all. Smile

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #731 on: May 03, 2011, 04:42:40 PM »

Cookie - TY

Well, I've wondered about that a lot. 

Flecks, as I would interpret it would mean "flecks of dried blood". 

But how would the blood have dried enough by the time Clint went outside to have become "flecks"?

Is this another semantic "thing"?

Not drops of blood or blood spatter or smeared blood - but "flecks" of blood?

Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #732 on: May 03, 2011, 04:46:08 PM »

I remember  the flecks as well, but unfortunately I don't remember where I read it. 

By the word flecks - do you take that as small droplets?  Dried "flakes"? It was obviously enough to test....

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: May 03, 2011, 04:47:17 PM »

Cookie - TY

Well, I've wondered about that a lot. 

Flecks, as I would interpret it would mean "flecks of dried blood". 

But how would the blood have dried enough by the time Clint went outside to have become "flecks"?

Is this another semantic "thing"?

Not drops of blood or blood spatter or smeared blood - but "flecks" of blood?

yep..when I read it I thought that flecks implies dried blood..to me anyways...

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #734 on: May 03, 2011, 04:47:55 PM »

Janet-

Janet

Janet, I admire you checking out your own information.  Upthread I confirmed what Ms. Helms also seemed to tell you.

However, I just want to point out that at no time did the BOBO's ask others to search THEIR Property.

The simply asked residents to search their OWN homesteads.  That is common practice at this point in a mp investigation.

I am also sure that they know that some may have not allowed permission to have their properties searched, and they probably would like to let them know they are aware, in a casual way.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: May 03, 2011, 04:49:16 PM »

Janet-

Janet

It's a prudent practice to ask the community to search their properties in rural areas.  I believe the Polly Klass case was cracked when someone found tights or some articles of clothing on her property that did not belong there.

A's Fever

I do believe that I interpreted the plea of the Bobo's all wrong.  It was my understanding that Karen and Dana wrtr requesting assistance to search the Bobo property.  The request for community member to search their own respective properties makes sense.

Thanks!  I am embrarrassed.

Janet

That is what I tried to explain in this post to you Janet:

Quote from: Tamikosmom on May 03, 2011, 01:32:05 PM
I cannot comprehend why the Bobo property was not a focus of the official search effort from the getgo.

Janet

Janet, the article doesnt say that the request was made for the Bobo property to be searched, the family is requesting the community to search THEIR OWN PROPERTIES.   In other words, private property & where searches cannot search & LE can only search with probable cause.

Nothing to be embarrassed about at all.

Also, just so you know I've already over the course of this case shared what I could with everyone but will not share what I feel would be inappropriate.   I'm not stating that I have ALL knowledge but I am privy to some but am using discretion.    Bottom line, we all want this SOB caught & brought to justice.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:58:17 PM by klaasend » Logged

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #736 on: May 03, 2011, 04:50:12 PM »

Janet-

Janet

A's Fever

I do believe that I interpreted the plea of the Bobo's all wrong.  It was my understanding that Karen and Dana wrtr requesting assistance to search the Bobo property.  The request for community member to search their own respective properties makes sense.

Thanks!  I am embrarrassed.

Janet

Don't be. Your among friends and we all make mistakes.   I will ride my trike in your honor Smile

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #737 on: May 03, 2011, 04:51:12 PM »

Mod, please delete that "report to moderator" from previous post  Thank you

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: May 03, 2011, 04:53:56 PM »

Mod, please delete that "report to moderator" from previous post  Thank you

For some reason I didn't get the "report" message.  When anyone clicks on the "Report to Moderator" button the message goes to all ADMIN and MODERATORS in the forum.  Red knows pretty much to ignore and that the moderators will take care of it.  Usually the other moderators will wait and see if I take care of it unless they know I'm not around.  ANYWAY, I haven't received any Reports today at all.
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #739 on: May 03, 2011, 04:54:28 PM »

Jersey...Hi!
that girl is Holly's cousin, not her sister...if I recall correctly...

Hi Cookie, Thanks for the correction.. As you see the media is not always correct and words are misinterpredited.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.