April 19, 2024, 09:38:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holly Bobo #2 4/25/11 - 5/04/11  (Read 322085 times)
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #840 on: May 04, 2011, 01:57:53 AM »

Thanks for pointing the "lying" out puzzler. I missed it somehow and apologize, but doesn't LE have the right to withhold and retract information? I also believe they can lie during an investigation to get the facts and evidence they need to further their investigation.

I still think Janet and every other monkey here is entitled to their opinion without being "scolded." JMHO
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #841 on: May 04, 2011, 02:00:07 AM »

It was Texasmom that pointed out the "lying." Thanks, gotta give credit where it's due...
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #842 on: May 04, 2011, 02:20:22 AM »

snipped..

News 2
May 3rd,2011

WILLIAMSON CO., Tenn. – Three dozen Williamson County deputies spent time on Saturday volunteering for the search of a missing west Tennessee student.

The 36 deputies assisted the Decatur and Henderson County Sheriff's Office, as well as the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the search for Holly Bobo who was last seen on April 13.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/14566653/williamson-co-deputies-assist-with-holly-bobo-search

Well...it is interesting...that LE is doing the searches now and "not volunteer searchers".

Why?

Interesting because there obviously have been plenty of people to volunteer - why aren't they being used - why is it only LE searching and only in one area?  Interesting.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #843 on: May 04, 2011, 02:23:06 AM »

snipped..

News 2
May 3rd,2011

WILLIAMSON CO., Tenn. – Three dozen Williamson County deputies spent time on Saturday volunteering for the search of a missing west Tennessee student.

The 36 deputies assisted the Decatur and Henderson County Sheriff's Office, as well as the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the search for Holly Bobo who was last seen on April 13.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/14566653/williamson-co-deputies-assist-with-holly-bobo-search

Well...it is interesting...that LE is doing the searches now and "not volunteer searchers".

Why?

I've been wondering why too...a few thoughts on the subject:

...Since LE has made statements that the abductor is likely a community member, there are fears that the abductor, family or friends were actively involved in the searches and privy to information.

...LE has narrowed the search, based on evidence they already have and in order to avoid compromising the case have limited searching to LE personnel only to build their case.

...A combination of community members, outside volunteers and LE is a hornet's nest for rumors and gossip that may harm an ongoing investigation.

Samarie - all good points.

All very interesting, too.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #844 on: May 04, 2011, 02:36:16 AM »

Thanks for pointing the "lying" out puzzler. I missed it somehow and apologize, but doesn't LE have the right to withhold and retract information? I also believe they can lie during an investigation to get the facts and evidence they need to further their investigation.

I still think Janet and every other monkey here is entitled to their opinion without being "scolded." JMHO

No one was scolded Samarie & neither was anyone addressed personally.   Please do not add things that arent there.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #845 on: May 04, 2011, 02:52:41 AM »

Marina, your questions could be asked toward several all over the internet & otherwise that get inside information, not specifically addressed to me.    Since you have stated that you have been involved in high profile cases personally & professionally before you know that occurs already so Im not sure why you directed that question solely to me.  In fact, I am not the only one that disclosed that information.

Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #846 on: May 04, 2011, 07:58:23 AM »

cartfly
found an interesting link for the sleuths out there that I do not think had previously been posted. It is a property records search that allows you to search by last name and it shows property lines.
http://www.assessment.state.tn.us/SelectCounty.asp?map=true&SelectCounty=001

cartfly TY, seems this new info of properties,makes things a little
more complicated, or not,depends on if the owners of the property that
surrounds, the bobo home allows hunting, on his/her property, and if
he/she, does or does not allow hunting,would clint know that info
for the locals here,is it common practice,to allow hunting on your property
and  do people hunt with or with out owner permission, and do people
normally just walk on others property,like as a shortcut,ect.
and in the jpg of bobo house,im wondering if holly was led across the drive
between those 2 big trees, or farther down the drive is where clint seen holly

bobo-TN GIS property assessment/map
http://tnmap.state.tn.us/assessment/map.aspx?GISLink=020041++++00400

overhead video shots of bobo home
http://www.woodtv.com/dpps/news/national/south/missing-tenn-woman-may-have-been-abducted-nt11-jgr_3773903

They own two parcels of land the other one is just ajacent to that one or is that bothh it might be 614 swan johnson!
Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #847 on: May 04, 2011, 08:01:56 AM »

What i find very interesting is they are calling it an Alleged abduction!
That to me says more then any PC.....

I think LE is investigating every lead and tip and i think they will end up back where it all began JMO.

I agree there is a reason they are remaining silent.

JMO
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #848 on: May 04, 2011, 08:06:49 AM »

I am in touch with several insiders to this case, and that would include family.

Clint and Drew are absolutely never going to be POI in this case, and while I appreciate folks thinking outside of the box, and it is important to evaluate all angles, so is evaluating where the evidence leads even if it conflicts with an early theory.

Again respectfully, wouldn't one have to actually speak publicly twice to determine if in fact any statements changed?

Anything else would be subjective opinions based on someone else's interpretation

Puzzler

Both Blink and Capp have taken a firm position that implies Drew and Clint are not involved in wrongdoing encompassing the disappearance of Holly and ... the implication is that they are in the know.

I have documented (over and over again) that Clint's changing stories revealed by TBI investigators causes me to speculate that the abduction of Holly never happened.  In other words ... the possibility of Drew's involvement is a non-issue.

However ... for now ... I am giving Blink and Capp the benefit of the doubt that inside information they claim to possess directs suspicion away from Holly's brother and boyfriend.

Janet

Janet,

I've always given both Blink and Capp the benefit of the doubt and was appreciative of Capp answering my question (see Reply 781 - last sentence) and informing us that she has gotten off-the record official word that Holly's brother and boyfriend are not and will not be under LE's radar.

We know Blink and Capp....it's just every now and then you want a little more "solid" confirmation (after being told so many times that they can't tell us x,y,z).  I understand confidentiality issues.

I understand when someone says they can't give further details. 

I also understand that one doesn't have to disclose details and too much information, while at the same time telling something definate: i.e., Capp - said "yes", she got official information off-the-record.  That's all I need to know...I don't need to know further details and certainly don't want Capp to get into any trouble.

Again...thank you, Capp, for giving us something "solid" to accept.

Puzzler

Puzzler

I respectfully disagree my friend.

If LE can share with those outside the investigation that Clint and Drew continue to be ruled out as persons of interest in the Holly Bobo case and ... the focus of suspicion is directed elsewhere ... then LE can call a press conference and share this revelation rather than outright lying to the public.

It is all so unprofessional.

IMO

Janet

++++++

Someone read this post & suggested that I come read it after wanting to relax with my screaming aching back.   Law Enforcement is not "lying" to the public per se, they are just not sharing everything regarding the investigation to the masses.  It is not uncommon that certain individuals for reasons that should be obvious are privy to a bit more, but not always- nor everything   Now, if "Penelope Poster" with no credentials or inside information puts something out that cannot nor will be confirmed at a later date, that's different.  There are reasons a few individuals get information by inside sources & judging by what we witness every day the public wouldn't know half of what is going on in the world without it.  Would individuals rather not get any information other than what is printed?    There is so much more to a case than what is made in a statement or printed in an article, so much more, all of it done strategically.  Yea, some of it can actually legally be misleading or flat out untrue, again a tactical decision for specific reasons if and when that transpires.   In fact, as discussed previously on this forum there are tactical reasons why some things are actually stated which the public may never know why.  The public has no right to know all the details during an active criminal investigation, it is what it is.  It is NOT unprofessional by any stretch of the imagination, it happens every dang day in thousands, no make that millions of cases.  The first and foremost goal is to find a missing person and/or catch a criminal.  Trust me, I've joined all of you on certain cases waiting, feeling anxious & looking forward to answers, the future holds a combination of both.  There have been a few occasions where we've all witnessed very shoddy police work but this case is not one of them.  I cannot even begin to tell you how many investigations I've observed, court cases I heard gavel to gavel, hearings I sat in on as an advocate, it exists occasionally & if I felt that was evident here knowing me I'd express that opinion.  I wish you all could have seen it firsthand in action, but I left Decatur County impressed & grateful.   

Here you all have the advantage of two individuals in particular that most of you've known for years sharing what they can.   Each of us concur that Holly's brother and boyfriend will not become suspects in this case.  I'll speak for myself, ethically I've shared what I could but by no means was it anticipated that it would turn into criticism of this multi-leveled LE investigation.   As far as I continue to see, most cases should be half as fortunate to have the team assembled working diligently in this case.

Good night

Not to be harsh here but I am beginning to wonder "why" there is even a blog for Holly when some have all the information and "nothing" is allowed to be discussed because of that.  Others do not have the info some others have and I feel we are being limited on discussions because of that.  If you can discuss what we "don't" know then by all means let's put it out there what you do know.  That would help in the conversation about what happened to this girl.  JMO and not directed at anyone in particular.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #849 on: May 04, 2011, 08:15:29 AM »

Marina, your questions could be asked toward several all over the internet & otherwise that get inside information, not specifically addressed to me.    Since you have stated that you have been involved in high profile cases personally & professionally before you know that occurs already so I'm not sure why you directed that question solely to me.  In fact, I am not the only one that disclosed that information.

Hi, Capp,
I am a penelope poster who is mostly scared to post an opinion or proffer a theory.
((edit - no personal attacks please))
This post represents me being braver than I usually am.
I guess the main point of it is to ask if you have true and real LE contacts in the Holly Bobo case.
I read often on philosophy forums.  There are many who believe that each perceived act of altruism is ultimately self serving.  
Thank you for reading.
I will now rejoin the (lurking) masses.
Humbly,
Pat
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 04:31:54 PM by klaasend » Logged
Eileen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #850 on: May 04, 2011, 08:33:59 AM »

Hi Tolerence,

That was a great post and thank you.
Im not so sure what ppl know or say they know i still think this case will end up back where the alleged abduction occured.
Thanks again for the post

Dont lurk add your 2 cents lol
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #851 on: May 04, 2011, 09:13:50 AM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110504/NEWS25/105040319
Bobo family makes plea to public
"We're running leads and talking to people," John Mehr, special agent in charge of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation in Jackson, said Tuesday. "We're asking people to please call and give factual information, nothing that is rumor. I'm sure there are people who saw something out of the ordinary like a vehicle parked in the area between 5 and 8:30 a.m."

These are my opinions and subject to change.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #852 on: May 04, 2011, 09:28:43 AM »

PLEASE STOP FIGHTING AMONGST EACH OTHER.  WE ARE ALL ADULTS.  I APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S POSTS AND POINTS OF VIEW.  NOBODY HERE HAS A RIGHT TO TELL YOU HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS INVESTIGATION.  NONE OF US KNOW EVERYTHING, THAT INCLUDES ME, THE MODERATORS, OR ANYONE ELSE WHO POSTS HERE.  IF YOU DON'T LIKE SOMEONES POINT OF VIEW, PLEASE ADDRESS THE POST AND NOT THE POSTER. 
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #853 on: May 04, 2011, 09:49:05 AM »

PLEASE STOP FIGHTING AMONGST EACH OTHER.  WE ARE ALL ADULTS.  I APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S POSTS AND POINTS OF VIEW.  NOBODY HERE HAS A RIGHT TO TELL YOU HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS INVESTIGATION.  NONE OF US KNOW EVERYTHING, THAT INCLUDES ME, THE MODERATORS, OR ANYONE ELSE WHO POSTS HERE.  IF YOU DON'T LIKE SOMEONES POINT OF VIEW, PLEASE ADDRESS THE POST AND NOT THE POSTER. 
If I may be so bold as to add,
just scroll and wave, gals, just scroll and wave

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #854 on: May 04, 2011, 10:10:19 AM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110504/NEWS25/105040319
Bobo family makes plea to public
"We're running leads and talking to people," John Mehr, special agent in charge of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation in Jackson, said Tuesday. "We're asking people to please call and give factual information, nothing that is rumor. I'm sure there are people who saw something out of the ordinary like a vehicle parked in the area between 5 and 8:30 a.m."
[/b]

That is a very exact and direct statement that might be interupted as they already have at minimum 1 other person who saw a vehicle in the area during that time frame.

So we know they have specific tire treads. They have her lunch purse, they have a phone call to Mom that then a location of the cell phone.  They have her brother seeing her go into the woods with another individual.  They have someone who is a neighbor to the general area report a woman's screams about the same time she was being taken, and there has been talk of duct tape found with blonde hair..but don't know if that was ever collaborated by LE.   

Are there any other factors or clues that we can list?

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #855 on: May 04, 2011, 10:12:23 AM »

So sorry..meant interpret..not interupted.   

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #856 on: May 04, 2011, 10:30:50 AM »

Understood, Klaas.
I let my emotions get the best of me this morning.
You may delete my post if you see fit.
I will comply with all Monkey guidelines (explicit and inferred) from now on.
Best,
Pat
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #857 on: May 04, 2011, 10:33:31 AM »

PS,
Thank you for not giving me a time out.
I would hate to miss following CA's trial with the Monkeys.
P
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #858 on: May 04, 2011, 10:36:04 AM »

I am in touch with several insiders to this case, and that would include family.

Clint and Drew are absolutely never going to be POI in this case, and while I appreciate folks thinking outside of the box, and it is important to evaluate all angles, so is evaluating where the evidence leads even if it conflicts with an early theory.

Again respectfully, wouldn't one have to actually speak publicly twice to determine if in fact any statements changed?

Anything else would be subjective opinions based on someone else's interpretation

Puzzler

Both Blink and Capp have taken a firm position that implies Drew and Clint are not involved in wrongdoing encompassing the disappearance of Holly and ... the implication is that they are in the know.

I have documented (over and over again) that Clint's changing stories revealed by TBI investigators causes me to speculate that the abduction of Holly never happened.  In other words ... the possibility of Drew's involvement is a non-issue.

However ... for now ... I am giving Blink and Capp the benefit of the doubt that inside information they claim to possess directs suspicion away from Holly's brother and boyfriend.

Janet

Janet,

I've always given both Blink and Capp the benefit of the doubt and was appreciative of Capp answering my question (see Reply 781 - last sentence) and informing us that she has gotten off-the record official word that Holly's brother and boyfriend are not and will not be under LE's radar.

We know Blink and Capp....it's just every now and then you want a little more "solid" confirmation (after being told so many times that they can't tell us x,y,z).  I understand confidentiality issues.

I understand when someone says they can't give further details. 

I also understand that one doesn't have to disclose details and too much information, while at the same time telling something definate: i.e., Capp - said "yes", she got official information off-the-record.  That's all I need to know...I don't need to know further details and certainly don't want Capp to get into any trouble.

Again...thank you, Capp, for giving us something "solid" to accept.

Puzzler

Puzzler

I respectfully disagree my friend.

If LE can share with those outside the investigation that Clint and Drew continue to be ruled out as persons of interest in the Holly Bobo case and ... the focus of suspicion is directed elsewhere ... then LE can call a press conference and share this revelation rather than outright lying to the public.

It is all so unprofessional.

IMO

Janet

++++++

TBI Director Mark Gwyn

Official: No one cleared in woman’s abduction
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:05 pm
SHEILA BURKE
Associated Press

<snipped>

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Director Mark Gwyn asked the public for help Monday, urging them to think about any strange behavior from people they know since Bobo disappeared on Wednesday.

Law enforcement officials said last week that Bobo’s brother and boyfriend were not suspects but Gwyn told The Associated Press that the TBI hasn’t cleared anyone, “no matter what their relationship” is to the victim.

Bobo’s brother told police that he saw his sister being led into the woods by a man dressed in camouflage. He called police after seeing blood outside the family home near Parsons.

http://www.nwtntoday.com/news.php?viewStory=55103

http://www.wtva.com/mostpopular/story/Official-No-one-cleared-in-TN-womans-abduction/cvl-3cGqqEu2Rc3bFGzm8w.cspx

Janet,

I hear you. 

I accept that Capp has been told information by LE off the record.

That LE would do that, tell information off the record that they won't share with the public is a "different thing" IMO.

Puzzler

What is confusing is that TBI Director Mark Gwyn states the contrary to the media.

It does not make sense.  There are not two truths.  Either Clint and Drew have been ruled out as suspects of they have not.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #859 on: May 04, 2011, 10:38:24 AM »

BUMPED

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.